Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

I believe its the winner from each group goes on to the final, if you look at the round 2 score table it says that in amongst all the information at the top.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Link of Hyrule

• Talon

• Subtemperate

I believe it is just the one who goes through. And going by the scores here, it looks like Subby and Burnside have a fight on their hands, possibly even a rematch somewhere down the line :D Good luck aye.

Well... I think going by the scores I'm into the final.... By my understanding....

....Though coming last in a final isn't going to help my confidense any :P

If i had won both games against CSF, then we would have had a tie on our hands.

Unfortunately in the first game against CSF, i practically gave it way, which i'm still angry about lol.

And in this second one, well i'm actually utterly blown away by how well CSF is doing and how much i'm enjoying the game.

ALAS! No more tourney for me. T'was fun though. Go Subby, check your way to Victory I say!

Yes Burnside! I shall! I'm not out of my depth in that final at all!

:P

*crawls under a rock*

• 2 months later...

I suddenly panicked a moment ago and realised I'd forgotten this tournment and thought I might have timed out.

...pweh

Not long now until the final round. :tu:

it should be exciting... I can't wait for next seasons tournament.

• 1 month later...

I'd just like to apologise to all those who are waiting for round three for the delay, the last match in round two is currently in progress so it won't be long to go now.

Round three is coming up very soon. :tu:

Yes. Apologies, all. It's mostly my fault. Well, that and the fact that SaRu's just too darn good.

If I lose this last game (I'm a pawn down at the mo), then I assume that it's going to be a playoff.

* Apologises in advance, just in case *

I was thinking about that, an alternative would be to put both of us through to the third round rather than have everyone waiting for us to finish another game. Since there are no set number of placements for the final round like there has been for rounds one and two and since we would be in equal standing I think that would be permissable.

It does depend on the outcome of the current game anyway, so we'll have to see how it goes.

Since its the last game and we have waited this long, I do not think its good policy to change the rules for who is passed through to round 3. My 1 loss came in round 2 and if PA and I had not agreeded to a draw, I would have lost a 2nd game to him. As I see it, round 2 is an elimination playoff.

Agreed, it's a bit late in the day to be changing things now. What we could do instead then is start round 3 but exempt myself and Tiggs from taking part in any round 3 matches until the decider had been finished, that way the tournament could continue and we'd still get to play the deciding match; whoever wins would then be able to go through and start their round 3 games.

Sounds like a plan :yes: - I'm sure whichever one of us makes it through should be able to catch up.

Anyone feel free to start off a match with me.... though now I haven't played in about 6 months lol

Challenge taken, Talon - may the best android win.

• 1 month later...

If you don't mind me askin', is this thing an annual event or is this just like a random idea?

There's no set time period but there is usually a few months between one tournament ending and another starting.

• 3 weeks later...

Talon, I challenge you to a duel of chess. My user name is the same as here.

You too monkey man.

Edited by Opus Magnus

• 3 months later...

If anyone's currently playing a game against bardude, or planning to play against him soon, he asked me to let you know that he's currently revising for his accountancy exams next week and has zero time for chess. He asked me to just let you all know that you aren't being ignored and he hopes to finish the games when the exams are over.

*sorry, fixed poor grammar - that's what you get for not proofreading :P*

Edited by Paranoid Android