Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

well I'm about to be mated by KBA (in fact its probably happening as I type), I didn't even see it until the very end when there was nothing I could do about it.

... damn :lol:

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Talon

• Subtemperate

thats what I'm thinking. I also got a game going against someone called East... he's kicking my a$$

^^Wow...just...wow :blink: Thats something you don't see everyday! Thank goodness KBA isn't in the tournament. :lol:

There's always next year :lol:

Or.. this year? :unsure:

[edit: although PA just caught me in my own trap and won. Good game PA ^_^ ]

Edited by KBA

happy new year!!

*goes to get another beer*

[edit: although PA just caught me in my own trap and won. Good game PA ^_^ ]
Thanks, it was a fun game - so much so, I was actually hoping you'd get out of the counter-trap just to see where it headed.

Oh well, you give me hope against Talon now. KBA beat Talon. PA beat KBA. Logically then, PA should beat Talon, lol. I just gotta stop making stoopid moovs, I think :wacko:.

Edited by Paranoid Android

therebirth is kicking my can can to the curbstone here , he offered draw , i declined ,..later,.. i offered draw he tells me i had my chance "its do or die "

jerry lewis= voice{ hey lady?}

Abecrombie

nevertheless we are neck n neck now......yikes :blink:

anyone seen silver thong? time is running out...

nevertheless we are neck n neck now......yikes

you say that, but you know you are under my boot now

time is running out...

Feel free to take any and all timeouts at this stage to help get us on to round two. :tu:

I noticed this morning that about five games had been completed but hadn't been reported, so there are now only 11 games left to complete. I've updated the scoreboard to highlight those players in yellow who have completed all their games and have definately qualified for the second round.

Once we have three confirmed yellows for each group, the second round will get started.

Thanks, it was a fun game - so much so, I was actually hoping you'd get out of the counter-trap just to see where it headed.

Ech, I should have.. although to my defense I haven't played much chess in the past couple years, and I've never been all that great online. But then again I'm just making excuses here for messing up :rofl: Maybe I can redeem myself a bit with our rematch.

If any of you are challenged by a guy called Max Cady, don't play him. He's a bad loser.

What does he do or say when he loses ?

He starts a new game against you, and once enough moves have been made so that it can't be deleted, he begins sending PMs saying that he's a fantastic player and the only way you could have defeated him is by using a computer program.... then he sends another one.... and another... and another, all pretty much repeating the same message. And when you finally reply 'Dude, I didn't cheat, you win some you lose some, it happens to everyone. Don't be such a bad loser', he sends a final message saying 'lolololololol, come on cheater, I beat you this time'.

My guess? - he's got all the maturity of a 5 year old.

^What - you mean you don't use a computer program, lololololololololololol??????

Max Cady, definitely on my "not to play" list. though if he has any skill, he probably wont' have any need to send me those silly PM's :hmm:

This is the second time I've had to apologize for recent inactivity in the tournament, but I have been busy with coursework and other things. I will try my hardest to complete each game ASAP.

i took up a practice game against PA, and only 20 moves later im dead.

yo,..you just might be reborn, rebirth. teehe

i took up a practice game against PA, and only 20 moves later im dead.
Yeah, sorry bout that. If you use that opening next time, after your Queen takes Pawn and I reply Knight to c3, you should move your queen to a5 instead of c5. Your move just gave me the jump on your opening, you had to move your queen three times in the opening four moves while I got all my pieces out. THough this opening is rather difficult and full of traps, so considering your style, I think a safer bet would be to forgo that opening altogether and in reply to my pawn to e4, you might like to try and open with a much safer Pawn to e5.

Just a thought, of course.

moving my king where i did after that initial check got me right into your trap

Yeah, sorry bout that.
are you kidding? that was probably the most fun game yet throughout this whole tourney, and it was only a practice game

Max Cady, definitely on my "not to play" list. though if he has any skill, he probably wont' have any need to send me those silly PM's

... 7 days later.... he's still sending emails... seriously nobody play him

Edited by Talon

I'm pretty sure he could get banned from the chess site for doing that.

Well still in the process of playing game 1 of 2 against Ash taking a while would be good if there was a time in which we both were online as right now it's amove a day at this rate. Just thought i'd post where i currently am as i'v been inactive for a few days if not week.

Mike

Essentially it's just down to Ashley's games now, aside from a couple of games in group C.

Enough games have played everywhere else to determine who's going through.