Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

Anyone up for a Practice match????

I would like to have a practice game with someone before going into round 2! I feel the need to dust of some cobwebs. :D

So if anyone is up for this let me know. :)

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Talon

• Subtemperate

:huh:

Round 2's going to be, err, interesting. Yes. That's the word. Interesting...

:blush: * Also has 5 games currently in progress *

Round 2's going to be, err, interesting. Yes. That's the word. Interesting...

Yup that is a good word...'interesting.' I am up against two of my fave people on here. :w00t:

Sooooo glad I am not up against Talon, THANKYOU GOD!!!

Get ready to be thrashed guys! This is going to be fierce. :devil:

Edited by Lottie

*gets band aids and iodine ready for the guys*

Watch it, she pulls hair... :yes:

*eyes burnsides name in his group*

Ahhh Burnsy boy... we must again go up against each other.

*makes game, flexes his muscles, which in reality is pointless... it doesn't help me move the mouse any better*

Feeling game? :devil:

Snake I've started games against you.

Oh and Subby, I found your body in Deathholme

Edited by Talon

lol.... See, I knew I'd lose it if it wasn't screwed on :P

Anyone feel free to start a practise game with me, i havent played for... must be a month or two...

Ahhh Burnsy boy... we must again go up against each other.

Ahhh, Subby my old friend. We meet again at last. How have you been Subby?

Besides DEFEATED ON THE FIELD OF WAR?

Oh yes, the time hath commeth.

I just checked the site yesterday and found out I have 0 games waiting. Anyone want a game?

Sorry i've been away for so long, my computer had to be rebooted and then my internet wouldnt work, I have only just and so got it working, can anyone tell me if we're still on round 1 or is it round 2 now?

Well I blew it but so did my pharmacy.... No zoloft for a few puts me out for a few,.. and guess what i timed out .

If I get a note from my doctor can it be excused.lol

whats up with that

congratulations rebirth you just happened to get lucky, i depressed , therefore out like a light.

great frillen game man. 82 moves til it was over? unreal.

thats the longest i ever played anyone.

* ZombieDog , gratzies *

SO NOW I LEAVE THIS TOURNAMENT. A LITTLE WISER , SOMEWHAT SAD

NOT DUE TO THE LOSS BUT BECAUSE I WILL MISS CHALLENGING THIS SKILLFUL GAME WITH YOU ALL HERE IN ROUND 2,..

ALL I CAN SAY IS

SUCKERS .LOL

YOU ALL ROCK....HAVE FUN AND YES, IM USING CAPS HERE NOW.

ILL GO OUT WITH A BANG YES?

KICK SOME CAN CANS TO THE CURBSTONE PEOPLE

DARLINGS, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...TEEHEE

PS: Im up for some practice games now that Im all alone ,..left here ....*whimper* siffle* snot snot*

You know where Ill be at thr RHP and zombiedog is who i signed in as .

Abecrombie

miss you all have a goodie,.. and kick some boodie

SaRuMaN,...

If someone here in round two happens to bail out ,..can I be on a waiting list so I can play?

That is if someone bails out {backs out ,leaves ,scuhootles}

Thanks boss

Abecrombie aka ZombieDog :clap:

It would have to depend on who was the next highest scorer, but in the meantime thanks for taking part. :tu:

Finally freed up a slot for my second game in round 2. Good luck dowdy :tu:

I just missed a ckeckmate move in my last round 1 game. I will need to make a few more moves to push the king back to where it was before my last move. Can anyone tell me how many rating points a player loses by not making their best moves.

Rating is only based on wins or losses, so it doesn't matter how you win or how you lose, the end result will yield the same amount of rating gain or loss.

Rating is only based on wins or losses, so it doesn't matter how you win or how you lose, the end result will yield the same amount of rating gain or loss.

In a prior game that I won my rating points dropped from 1680 to 1622. I played on the conservative side after a mistake were my opponent lost his queen. I suspect the way a game is played has more to do with the ratings than the win or loss, that is why I asked.

I am kind of new to playing chess like this. The most experience I have was where I lost 18 games out of 20 to a friend I played with at work some 20 or so years ago. I learned a lot but had little success with him.

I am happy I am getting some real experience. After the tournament I hope to continue playing with the group here.

^Because your rating is still provisional (haven't played 20 rated games yet), the score is calculated differently. Depending on the ranking of the player you beat, your rating can still go down, even if you win - check the FAQ questions for the site and scroll down to where it says "I just won a game. WHy has my rating gone down?"

Hrmph, thats odd, I lost 6 points from my last won game. Guess it's because I'm provisional. (Curses PA if not for my loss to you I'd be on a 10 game streak :lol: )

When do you guys expect tournament 4? I can't wait to get in on the action :w00t:

Edited by KBA

• 2 weeks later...

I have less than 20 minutes to make my move against John343, and I have chosen my move. But RHP is currently experiencing technical difficulties and I can't access my games. I do have to go to sleep tonight (long day tomorrow), so I'll have about 8-10 hours less timebank than I should (assuming I get online as soon as I wake up) :(

Edited by Paranoid Android

You do not need to be concerned PA if you are a little late with your move.

I wish everyone I played tried to make at least one move a day. I respect that some need more time for various reasons. I realize our guidlines require at least one move a day so I follow that format myself and appreciate that PA does likewise.

• 2 weeks later...

So, round two! Is it the one top scoring player from each group that goes on, or the two top scoring players?

:hmm: