Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

hey guys, dont time me out, but just so you know ill be on vacation in New York from christmas day to the following saturday. ill try to find a compy while im there so i can continue moving, but i cant guarantee anything...

trying to finish up last few games for the tourney...

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Talon

• Subtemperate

I think you can change your status on RHP to 'vacation' to let your partners know you're not just ditching the game you're just unavailable.

I have a couple slots open if anyone wants to challenge me for an out-of-tournament game.

Forgot to mention my username is Opus Magnus on RHP.

Edited by Opus Magnus

I think you can change your status on RHP to 'vacation' to let your partners know you're not just ditching the game you're just unavailable.

yes but i want to try to get on if i can while im there so i probably wont activate that.

yes but i want to try to get on if i can while im there so i probably wont activate that.

hey rebirth have a great vacation and a safe one at that

hope you have a great holiday as well , until we move again.lol

Abecrombie or...should i say

Sorry I have been AWOL for a bit and didn't know the tourney started, could you PM me when the next one starts!?

If anyone wants to play for fun just look me up on Red Hot Pawn my username is ChessJester send me a PM :D

Edited by STIX

Well I think i made a better account of myself against Talon this time than last time. It was actually fairly even (well, he still had the advantage, but I still had momentary dreams of snatching a draw, lol), right til I overlooked a move that forced me to abandon a defensive piece and I lost my knight. Grrrr, maybe I'll turn the tables in the endgame :unsure:

Oh well, I'll have ya next time, eh mate ;)

Edited by Paranoid Android

I break up for Christmas today, and as I only have internet access at work I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, I'll see you all in 2007 for what I'm sure will be an exciting round 2.

Take care.

thebarman :tu:

Well I think i made a better account of myself against Talon this time than last time.

It's ok, PA. We're just lulling him into a false sense of security :innocent:

In participating in this tournament I have realised.....

That I can't play chess worth a crap.

^Guess what, no one knows how to play at first. There's always time to learn though ;) Keep it up, arb. No sense in giving up just because you got stuck in a group with Talon and barman (winner and runnerup of last year's tournament). Keep practicing. Learn from your mistakes.

In participating in this tournament I have realised.....

That I can't play chess worth a crap.

When I first joined my school's chess club - guess how many games I lost... all of them!

I couldn't play to save myself. I was throwing away pieces left right and centre; and that’s assuming I lasted more than 10 moves.

There was this one individual who I could never beat, and yet I played him day after day, until one day (after a few months) I got a draw. Then after that, almost all our matches ended in draws. And then one day I finally beat that plonker!!!! And in the months that followed it came to a point were he simply couldn't beat me and I moved onto stronger opponents. And after 3 years in that chess club I was in the top 3... then the top 2, and in the final year I finally won the tournament and became champion.

And the result? In the last year I've only lost one game in all the tournaments on this site.

Now, I'm not saying the moral of the story is play for an hour, five days a week for 5 years, but I am saying we all start of somewhere, and nobody wins their first match. Even the grand masters had to start somewhere.

Arb,

PA and Talon are right...don't give up. It's unfortunate that you were landed in a group with two very good players.. Yet in another sense it's a good thing to play different levels of players as you gain more experience. Reading through the chess game and some moves may help your cause also. :tu:

You have done really well considering Talon and thebarman were in your group. (which I am not looking forward to. :w00t: ).

Haha, thanks for the encouragement everyone, I'm practising right now.....

No sense in starting something then walking away, eh? ;)

merry christmas to all, and to all a good night...

~signing off...

Hello Chess players and the big man on campuss, SaRuMAn .lol

Just to let everyone know that I'm on my last game before Group "C" will be completed. The rebirth and I are neck and neck as with that its almost of matter of time before one of us wins. The rebirth offered a draw , but I wished not because we are so close.Plus I think I only have 2 wins. So nothing personal rebirth,.... its a matter of challenging myself as well as trying to excel up the ladder here in this tournament.

We will post soon

Abecrombie {the rhp zombiedog}

Is anyone else having problems at the moment with RHP? When i click on the link to any games, the board comes up, but there are no pieces on the board to display :blink::hmm:

edit: problem fixed

Edited by Paranoid Android

I've sent out a couple of challenges to improve myself and see what I'm up against next round. But I've still got one slot left to play against any person if someone wants to challenge me.

I'm up for a few friendly games while waiting for the new round. :tu:

Thanks Burnsie, but someone took my last spot already. I'm nearly through a couple of other games so it shouldn't be too long :tu:

Ok, I freed up a slot now for ya, Burnside. Challenge issued. Sorry Bardude, you're on holidays and we hadn't started our match yet. I'll challenge ya as soon as I have a free space to do so.

When I first joined my school's chess club - guess how many games I lost... all of them!

I couldn't play to save myself. I was throwing away pieces left right and centre; and that’s assuming I lasted more than 10 moves.

There was this one individual who I could never beat, and yet I played him day after day, until one day (after a few months) I got a draw. Then after that, almost all our matches ended in draws. And then one day I finally beat that plonker!!!! And in the months that followed it came to a point were he simply couldn't beat me and I moved onto stronger opponents. And after 3 years in that chess club I was in the top 3... then the top 2, and in the final year I finally won the tournament and became champion.

And the result? In the last year I've only lost one game in all the tournaments on this site.

Now, I'm not saying the moral of the story is play for an hour, five days a week for 5 years, but I am saying we all start of somewhere, and nobody wins their first match. Even the grand masters had to start somewhere.

I think I might be in order to make it 2 losses if you don't mind a challenge :D

Anyway.. If you have a slot open I'd be happy to play, my RHP name is KBAchess.

Err - Group F looks interesting - SaRu's obviously through on 24 points, but then there are three players tied with 12 points each - what's going to happen there?

FallenGodling has actually quit the tournament, so he won't be going through - which means that it will Snake6024 and Cat Scratch Fever who will go on to round two.

Only 15 games left to go before round one is finished, so shouldn't be very long now. :tu: