Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Sardinia the lost island of Atlantis ?

UM-Bot

Image credit: Lloyd K. Townsend
Image credit: Lloyd K. Townsend
Rome, October 13 - Top scholars have gathered in Rome this week to discuss the exciting and controversial idea that Sardinia is the lost island of Atlantis . The theory, developed in a book by the Italian journalist Sergio Frau, has drawn international acclaim but also fuelled heated criticism .

Despite selling 30,000 copies in Italy, a detailed 20-point appeal by 250 academics has dismissed the book, claiming it sensationalizes Sardinian history .

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Ansa.it

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• AtlantisRises

• RollingThunder06

• Devoid

Didn't know that a site had been found that was drawing so serious attention. I hope it keeps us updated.

This is interesting.

Sardinia is not big enough to be Atlantis.

According to Plato Atlantis was as large as Libya and Asia combined. Sardinia is nowhere near so large. And while I daresay it was a huge over statement, still Plato is saying that Atlantis was quite large. Sardinia is not that big.

Though i will research the Archaelogical finds tonight and get back.

[attachmentid=28942]I agree i think it's too small, what about the findings off the coast of Bimini,

a more realistic place!

Edgar Cayce thinks it's there and he's been right on a lot of occasions !

post-43678-1161136624.jpg

post-43678-1161136626.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hm... You think if he messed up on the location, the actual size could have been wrong too.

Interesting theory, would be great if they found Atlantis. I'd love to know what kind of technology they really had instead of all teh speculations.

Heck, I'd love to be able to go there. You know a place like that woudl have thousands of stories to tell. Too bad it would probably get ruined with tourism. Some people just can't keep their hands off and have to ruin things.

Sardinia is not big enough to be Atlantis.

Maybe Plato meant the territory they(atlantis) controlled.

I don't think that they had such a large city.