Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homemade Ouija boards

blackshadow

About a month ago I made my own Ouija board because the stores in my town do not carry them anymore for some reason. My friend and I tried it out that night but nothing happened. It didnt move at all. I heard from another friend that you are supposed to leave it in a graveyard over night. Is any of this true? Or are ouija boards just a toy and move only because people are intentionally moving them. What is the deal? Must I buy a Ouija board for it to work? Help anyone! i really want it to work! :wacko:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pagan_jedi_girl

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

• Raptor

• blackshadow

Must I buy a Ouija board for it to work? Help anyone! i really want it to work! :wacko:

No, you can make your own one. There is no difference what so ever. It's not anything to do with the board, it's to do with collective group energy focused for the intent of speaking to the spirit world.

Ouija boards don't always work that is normal. When they do work, it won't always be a spirit connection either. It's worth taking note that to an extent its sub-concious movement or just unorganised flowing energy. But I believe spirit connection is possible at times and when it happens you will know the difference.

I strongly advise that you to do a search here for ouija board threads, It can be a dangerous game psychologically in naive hands. Tool yourself up with as much knowledge as possible on it.

If you don't do any research, will you at least read this guide I wrote, it's from one of the many ouija board threads.

1. Your expectations can infulence your experience. As can your mood and the people you chose to do the ouija board with. Don't take part if you can't trust the group, don't take part if you really don't want to. There's still roles people can have if they don't want to take part directly such as scribber ( keeping a written record of the letters and words) this is an important role because it can be easy to lose track of what was said. Sometimes you need to see the written word to make sense of it, not all spirits spell english well...it also allows you to google words you don't know the meaning of.

The bottom line is if it's going to keep you awake all night scared out of your wit then just don't have anything to do with it. Fearful emotions and ghosties are not a good mix....

2. Never assume that a spirit is someone you know or who they say they are. Treat it like you do the internet when chatting to strangers, be aware that it could be anyone sitting behind the name and what they tell you may not be the truth. If you saw someone called 'George Bush' or 'The Devil' in a chat room or site such as this one you wouldn't believe it really was, would you? if your answer to this is yes then please don't go near a ouija board, it's NOT a game for the guilable or naive.... It has it's entertainment value and that is all, keep things light and casual and don't rely on the ouija board for making important life desicions.

3. Be careful of what you ask, questions such as does XXXX really love me or is XXXX cheating on me or 'will I pass my exam' is not a great idea. Firstly no spirit has the ability to know such things other than those who may guide you or know you. They can't predict things and they don't automatically have access to every knowledge of your lives. Remember treat them as you would strangers on the net, but always with respect. I've seen good friends lose friendships because of questions like these. Think before you put foward a question, is it worth an upset or friendship? (will explain more on this later)

4. Be aware of the expectations of the spirit. They are not there to perform circus acts for you, so don't request silly things of them. Most spirits will want to talk about themselves and as far as they're concerned it's their oportunity to be heard, you must respect that. If the thought of this doesn't appeal to you then don't bother taking part. Some spirits may be troubled/distressed and looking for help, what they say may not be very nice, be prepared for that. If at anytime it gets uncomfortable tell them you sympathise with them but aren't the right people to help them. Gently ask them to return to where they came from and say goodbye.

5. Never ask if there is 'anyone' out there. You may not realise the power of such an open invite. If you ask in that manner then the chances of getting a low level or negitive spirit is greatly increased. These type of spirits will mess around and tell you porkies. They are begging for the attention and energy and usally achieve this via fear. These are the ones that will spell 'die' out or tell you they are satan etc or that something bad will happen. If you end up with one of those, don't play into their hands, don't believe them, just tell them firmly to go back to where they came from and end the board session.

6. Before you start the oujia board, as a group take a couple of mins holding hands and Imagine a bright white circle of light come round the group. Ask that this light protects you and blocks any negitive entity, thought or energy from entering the group. Request that only spirits from the highest and positive realms come forward. Only those of good energy and light are allowed to come in.

7. When you are finnished speaking to a spirit, Thank them and tell them to return to where they came from. Make them take you over the goodbye.

To end the session, join hands again and visualise the circle of bright white light, say that you are now finnished and wish to close the circle down taking with it any entity or energy that shouldn't still be here.

thanks for the insight. the thing is though, me and my friend were trying to really concentrate on getting it to work, and neither one of us was laughing or anything like that. we did try it at the graveyard and were just there for 2minutes when we heard like a car door shut or trunk of a car shut. so my car being the only car we rushed down and were really freaked out because it deffently sounded like it was coming from my car and we both heard it and looked at each other and i was like did you hear that? we ran down and nothing was there. but we immediatly were freaked cause it was night time, so we headed to my house to try it. but nothing happened there. it didnt move what so ever.

Thorough post, Anvil. :tu:

thanks for the insight. the thing is though, me and my friend were trying to really concentrate on getting it to work, and neither one of us was laughing or anything like that. we did try it at the graveyard and were just there for 2minutes when we heard like a car door shut or trunk of a car shut. so my car being the only car we rushed down and were really freaked out because it deffently sounded like it was coming from my car and we both heard it and looked at each other and i was like did you hear that? we ran down and nothing was there. but we immediatly were freaked cause it was night time, so we headed to my house to try it. but nothing happened there. it didnt move what so ever.

I've heard that some people don't have enough spiritual energy to establish a connection with a spirit, meaning they're unable to make contact without a larger/different group of people. I guess you could try it with another friend or two and see if it works.

I think that that can be explained by automatism, the subconscious movements that Anvil referred to, as the people who don't have enough energy are simply people who don't express these involuntary actions, but that's up to you to believe or not.

Not sure what the sound could have been, but if you and your friend were both anxious and expecting something to happen, you might have just tricked yourselves in to thinking you heard something which you didn't.

Thanks Raptor ;)

I forgot to add that location doesn't really matter. I wouldn't put yourself in physical danger by going somewhere stupid for effect. It's a myth that you need be in graveyard for it to work.

Thanks Raptor ;)

I forgot to add that location doesn't really matter. I wouldn't put yourself in physical danger by going somewhere stupid for effect. It's a myth that you need be in graveyard for it to work.

So when you contact a spirit using a ouija board, is the spirit that you're contacting already at the location, e.g. would the person have died there?

Thanks Raptor ;)

So when you contact a spirit using a ouija board, is the spirit that you're contacting already at the location, e.g. would the person have died there?

It would be that the spirit is there already for whatever reason, or you are able to invite one to come through, if it wants to.

If there is any validity whatsoever to spiritualist and new-age concepts of "the Otherworld" or whatever you want to call it, physical space is not a component of existance - it is more mind and imagination, therefore for US, the living, the reason to be in a graveyard and find a board works "better" is because we, in our minds, are more inclined toward the direction of spirits, possibly ones we may "detect" as being in that graveyard. For spirits themselves though, location really doesn't seem to make much difference, according to most writings on the subject.

My signature link has printable ouija boards and I can attest that I've used them and in fact had better personal luck with homemade boards than with store-bought ones. I and some friends, a few years back, took one of those glow-in-the-dark boards outside of town to a dark hill at about 2am and a full moon and for about 30 minutes, tried to get *something* (we had all successfully used boards in our past with no real trouble), and we simply got zip. It happens. I won't bother guessing why, there are infinite reasons - sometimes the board works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anvil's post(s) were quite excellent.

im new and a skeptic, last time i used a ouija board all i got was "lkasdhnvsodfijgb"(paraphrased, really) it be nice to believe in them, if someone could give me a good personal account, might help

All we ever had were scrabble pieces on our smooth kithchen table with the alphabet formed in a circle with Yes & No included(we performed this day or night). Our pointer was just a drinking glass(nothing fancy...just an old jam jar) with our index finger on the ridge of the glass. My sister and myself used this quite a few times successfully and you can tell if someone pushes the glass as it turns if someone tries to make it go to a letter.

As for the blessing this or thanking some spirit guide.....we never did anything like that and we still had some eerie seances with some freaky outcomes. Not scary...just mind blowing! :blink:

Edited by KAOSInc

I have made my own Ouija board, with the alphabet, yes, no, numbers 0-9, hello and goodbye. Myself and bout eight others are going to use it in a few days. I've read up on the topic and I believe I am somewhat prepared. Hope it works eh?

Question: Can things other than lower entities and ghosts contact you through the ouija? Like guides etc? Thanks.

Edited by pagan_jedi_girl

Question: Can things other than lower entities and ghosts contact you through the ouija? Like guides etc? Thanks.

Good spirits can and You may get protective spirits that call themselves 'gaurdians'

I wouldn't take any spirit guide claims seriously on a ouija board nope :no:

There is no difference what so ever. It's not anything to do with the board, it's to do with collective group energy focused for the intent of speaking to the spirit world.

The Ouija bord is just a toy. To prove this, simply try it blindfolded for some time, having an innocent bystander take notes on what letters are selected. The result will be unintelligible non-sense.

The movement of the planchette is not due to paranormal forces but to unnoticeable movements by those controlling the pointer, known as the ideomotor effect. Not to mention that some members in the group that moves the pointer consciously.

The ideomotor effect is a psychological phenomenon wherein a subject makes motions unconsciously, especially while attributing the motion to a paranormal or supernatural force in which he/she believes. Unexplained phenomena such as automatic writing, dowsing, facilitated communication, and Ouija boards can be attributed to the ideomotor effect.

http://www.answers.com/topic/ideomotor-effect

Scientific tests by American psychologist William James, French chemist Michel Chevreul, English scientist Michael Faraday, and American psychologist Ray Hyman have demonstrated that many phenomena attributed to spiritual or paranormal forces, or to mysterious "energies," are actually due to ideomotor action. Furthermore, these tests demonstrate that "honest, intelligent people can unconsciously engage in muscular activity that is consistent with their expectations"
Edited by hazzard

Actually whilst I was making the Ouija board, my left pinkie finger began to bleed. For not apparent reason. I don't know if its a bad 'omen' or just a coincidence.

That should be a very powerful and effective Artifact of Power, as you've sacrificed your own life's blood in its creation. MWAHAHAH! Just kidding, I think its more like skinning your knuckles when you're working on a car.

And for the record, though I also don't think Ouija boards are "mystical", I have participated in my group of friends who did indeed wear blindfolds (checked them myself) and we rotated the board (or pretended to, sometimes) every few "words" and only got slightly more nonsense than usual, even though neither of them could tell when it was upside down to them.

The board was the only place any of us got "spirits" who claimed to be guides, so I think everyone's mileage varies.

whats the point of playing with those boards anyways? besides maybe just a thrill and the scare of your life, oh and maybe a few accidents

That should be a very powerful and effective Artifact of Power, as you've sacrificed your own life's blood in its creation. MWAHAHAH! Just kidding, I think its more like skinning your knuckles when you're working on a car.

And for the record, though I also don't think Ouija boards are "mystical", I have participated in my group of friends who did indeed wear blindfolds (checked them myself) and we rotated the board (or pretended to, sometimes) every few "words" and only got slightly more nonsense than usual, even though neither of them could tell when it was upside down to them.

The board was the only place any of us got "spirits" who claimed to be guides, so I think everyone's mileage varies.

:D That made me laugh. yeah I get what you mean, probably was a paper cut or something. Thanks for the info.

ouija board wether personally made or professionally built work.I may sound like a child cryong out for some atention but my sister died in my arms last time i did one(i made it myself).she came back but for atlease 6 seconds she was not breathing and had no pulse the board started counting downwards from 10 when it hit one i smashed the glass against my wall. i still have the peices. however crazy i sound dont go near them atleast for me its sh** thtat you shouldnt mess with.

I'm not sure if I believe you-there are a lot of ouija stories like that that are fake-but did she come back?

• 5 years later...

i also have a question about the homemade ouijia board i beleieve thts how its spleed but he made it him self with an upside down cross with a pentagram on it on the middle bottom and a larger pentagram on the top middle now i know he is moving the eye but i didnt want to say anything to my other friends about it yet but i was wondering if his speccificly homemade board would work because i know others do but his has a pentagram and other things on it but if it does work would it attract lower more evil persay spirits or whatever you call them i forget but please respond this is important because i know my house is haunted for a fact and im moving soon so im going to do it with them before i moved so i would also like to know if they could follow you form place to place

I Am Not An Expert Whatsoever Of Ouija Boards, But You Guys Think It Is Really Spirits From The Other Side??!! I Think It's Just Emotional/ Psychological Energy Projections Of A Person Or Group Of People That Are Experimenting With The Ouija Board At That Moment..

Also, We Always See At Least 2-3 People Using It .. Can A Person Use An Ouija Board By Themselves?

I did something last night that I said I'd never do again. I used a ouija board. This one I made myself but I also went onto it knowing more myself and what I could control (or I should say what level I felt comfortable with) plus I did a lot of reading (Thanks Anvil for your starter). I still need to read more though.

I got my son who as I mentioned has a lot of energy without wanting to use it and his friend. I made them read the rules before hand but of course my sons friend opened his big mouth and basically invited anyone before I could shut him up so we had non stop activity. I'm pretty sure it was the same mischievous entity the whole time playing games and at one point it went to 9 then slowly ran over a few letters then flew back to nine and went flying backwards when I yelled stop and we all put our weight on the cup which was between the 2 and 1 and I told it it had to leave straight away and it did go to goodbye. It happened so quickly it almost broke the number rank so I shut the board down properly even doing extra cleansing and protection on everyone and everything.

My ex was filming us for a while but I'm not sure if this part was caught on the video.

So yes home made boards work but I think either way it comes down to the energy of the people using the board and for your safety knowing how to handle the board correctly and be careful you don't have a smart mouthed person saying dumb welcomes. :yes:<_<

• 3 weeks later...

We have alot of Ouija board users/beleivers on this site, how come none of you have done the community a huge solid, and recorded some of your sessions, maybe do one session without blindfolds, and then do one with blindfolds. I mean what would it hurt? If you believe then it really shouldn't make a difference if you are blindfolded since the spirits are in the driver's seat ya?

Somehow I doubt anyone will step up and help us non-believers by showing us how this awesome tool is not a toy but a portal into the paranormal.

I'm not even being sarcastic here, if some user posted some time stamped videos of a couple of "effectively" blindfolded people using a the board and it was spelling out all kinds of actual stuff, I would still be a smidge skeptical(being honest), but CERTAINLY open minded and would want to see/learn more.

I think believers are too defensive, skeptics are mostly (not all) people WANTING to believe, but we just need one morsel of tangible evidence, that can atleast be tested. Something like the experiment above would be really neat.

The biggest part of the game is make believe

On the bright side, some people could make novel out of it.

Subconscious is a living thing, our yet discovered soul. You can communicate with it as if it's a different person.