Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams - Opposite of reality

World

We all know that dreams are opposite of reality . What if ... I dream that I my sister is marrying someone , does that means she will not marry ? Cuz it's the exact opposite , right ? Not so sure about warning dreams and such , but I still wonder if this is true :

Dreams is the opposite of reality . So whatever you dream of , just change it into the opposite . Is this true ?

In a short answer: No

Dreams don't have anything to do with future reality and can't effect it in anyway.

Even if you believe in dreams that predict the future (which i don't), your dreams would then only be seeing what will happen, not making it happen

Edited by PurpleStuart

We all know that dreams are opposite of reality . ? Not so sure about warning dreams and such , but I still wonder if this is true :

Dreams is the opposite of reality . So whatever you dream of , just change it into the opposite . Is this true ?

World ,

Who ever told you dreams are the opposite of reality? :) In the early 1800's most westerners thought the same, and then a brilliant scholar call Sigmund Freud appeared on the scene and brought mans ignorance to light.

Not only did he prove that dreams had meaning but began explaining their meaning through mechanized dynamics which is know known as a school of thought taught in almost every university around the world---Psychology--Psychiatry--Psychotherapy.

To days modern interpreter view dreams as an alterstate of consciousness, dreamlife ,metaphysicians another reality, the debate continues still after 150 years.

If dreaming is opposite or reality then ask your self this question, If you see your self doing something in a dream than whats doing the dreaming . I mean you can't be in to places at once can you? :D

The way that I remember it from the way my mother told me: If you have a BAD dream, take it as the opposite. I don't think it was necessarily that whatever was the opposite would be true, but more or less, to help you not fear something like that happening in real life.

As for actual weddings in dreams, it is open to interpretation, but I think that interpretting a dream has a lot to do with other factors, besides a cut-and-dry idea of meanings. For example, if your family believes that to dream of an egg means that you will have a baby, and then you dream of an egg.. If that's what it means to YOU personally, then that is the meaning behind the dream..

However, in the "cookie cutter" variety interpretation, an egg simply means fertility (which can mean of thought, ideas, etc. and I think that in addition it can mean someone actually having a baby).

In my family, to dream of a wedding, means that there is a death coming.. to dream of a funeral means a wedding.. I have had a total of two wedding dreams in my whole life... and both of them were the night before or the night of 2 deaths of people who were extremely close to me. Coincidence? most likely, but it did make me wonder if what I had grown up being taught was true.

So, basically, a dream symbol can be open to whatever you think it means, rather than what the symbols might say in a book. Now, if you have no predisposed notions of a certain symbol, I do believe that it can be somewhat interpetted by a "Dream Book". Just my thoughts.

hi

i have heard that, if you remember your dreams when you wake up, then it will not happen in reality. i suppose it is rather true. because i feel that this is how deja vu comes about. for example, i saw this scene one day and i feel that it seems oddly familiar- deja vu. so perhaps it is because i had dreamt of it in the past but didnt remember the dream then.

makes sense? :ph34r:

36 years ago my neighbor told me he dreamed he won in lottery by playing the numbers in his dreams. He put that numbers on that day and he won. That numbers in his dream all came on. I am a witness of this as he wrote the numbers. So if anyone of you tells me, the future can't be predicted, you're totally wrong.

36 years ago my neighbor told me he dreamed he won in lottery by playing the numbers in his dreams. He put that numbers on that day and he won. That numbers in his dream all came on. I am a witness of this as he wrote the numbers. So if anyone of you tells me, the future can't be predicted, you're totally wrong.

i dont understant you post.erm......you dont think dreams can show the future but u saw ur neighbour write the numbers in his dreams and win.......i think ive misunderstood something here

Ahhh...my neighbor told me, "i've dreamt last night that i won in lotto and this is the numbers i've put in." You reckon this number will come out today?" I said, who knows? you can try!

We all know that dreams are opposite of reality . What if ... I dream that I my sister is marrying someone , does that means she will not marry ? Cuz it's the exact opposite , right ? Not so sure about warning dreams and such , but I still wonder if this is true :

no thats not true...even though sometimes in your life you may experience the defieties of universal law...your dreams are just the bodie reflecting on emotional imput from daily events that try to help you correrlate and reflect on your actions....a bit like your own directed video casted by your imagination...feelings, experiences and emotional out look...responses ect.. :rofl:

Your neighbour is not the only one :

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/200...to-toronto.html

It could all be wild coincidences though. Still interesting. I'm gonna try and feed my subconcious with Lottery data and try it myself :P

Edit : lol i also found this nice link hehe :Phttp://mwillett.org/mind/lotterywin.htm

Edited by Ykaedhi Aewee

People often dream of the future. I believe that if one does not remember his/her dream upon awakening then they still subconsciously remember its details. This is the deja vu feeling one gets when the dream happens. I also believe that only certain people dream of future events. In earlier times they were called prophets. Now they are called mad

dreams are not exactly the opposite of reality. what we dreamt of are actually things that we are consciously and even subconsciously thinkin'. you can even try to dream of something you want to. before sleeping try to think of something, a person, or whatever you like, then, just keep on thinking about it until you fell asleep. i've tried it, and it's effective.

future is unalterable--

one can only see what is already there-

we will be what we are now-

only you can interpret the symbology--

Many times when people dream, it is about something they are worried about the most or something they want to happen. Sometimes people dream about the next day or a girl they really like.

Edited by blieve
  • Like 1

Dreams arn't the opposite of reality. The dream world is just as real as this one. It is just thought that tells us otherwise. All reality on an unenlightened level is made of thought. Ideas, trees in the the so called "real world" are just as much thought as the dreams we have. One isn't more real than the other. Infact research has shwon that the subconscious doesn't know the difference between what it sees and what it imagines...HOWS THAT AYE!!!! Just confirms what alot of whacko mystics have been saying for thousands of years. We see the realworld in the visual cortex and we see the dreamworld in the visual cortex, same place!!!!! Both are as real as each other.

chace! : )

your subconsious tell your consious what you really want so with out due your consious says this is what i want to happen and your subconsious says well... this is whats going to happen so therefore your subconsious makes real to your consious...... yeah?

your subconsious tell your consious what you really want so with out due your consious says this is what i want to happen and your subconsious says well... this is whats going to happen so therefore your subconsious makes real to your consious...... yeah?

But on the topic of consciousness, they still havn't figured out how dead matter creates live consciousness. There is a belief that the world is a construction of the mind and cannot be proven to have any other existence. I think there something more spritual that this which perennial philosophers have discovered. I think there is a reality beyond consciousness and non-consciousness. Who really knows. but our visual and in this waking world and in our dream world are percieved in the same place, the visual cortex. So how can we say one is real and the other one isn't????

Sometimes dreams are opposite of reality.

Oh! did i said before i don't dream? well, someone might say i dream but never remembers it. So...it's the opposite of reality.

I quite like the theory that dreams are glimpses of yourself in another reality, and all of our alternative selves are linked to us in some way...

...but it's probably a load of BS.

The foundation of the universe is thought. The perceptions and senses we experience in the waking world are thought and the same is in the dream world. Both are as real as each other. It is just grounded belief made of thought that tells us that one state of mind is more real than the other. Waking is dreaming and dreaming is waking.

• 6 years later...

hi friends. My dreams are always just opposite to reality .from the school days. i use to get a dreams just before the day of results announced, that i failed and begging the teacher for 1 mark so that i will pass the examination, and i failed. . but in reality i always pass the examination with good marks . i experienced the same dream in almost 4 major examinations in my life. About three weeks before my friend was admitted in the hospital for cold and fever. he is 40 yrs old. youth lookin and good working man. i always ask his brother how is he in the hospital , as i didn't visited him cause its not a serious disease . and i got a dream that his brother saying to me he is discharged from the hospital. when i woke up and i was feared that they are going to announce he is dead. for two days they said he is recovering and he is healthy . And on the third day morning they told me he is dead. he is my school friend and i gone sad. this happened in 29 November 2012. i always get a dream like where ever i go people bring corpses ( on the way to cemetery) they chases me. i keep running . i donno the meaning of this . any one know pls reply . thanks. i also see world wars in my dreams flight bombing and helicopter crashing down near my home.