Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush accepts Iraq-Vietnam echoes

__Kratos__

Another left-winged liberal newspaper posting some crap about this war could be compared to the Tet Offensive?

Is that a serious comment, Goodjob Bush keep the fight up I guess nobody bothers to see all the good we are doing in Iraq.

First of all, there was no way in HELL we could've won the War in Vietnam, we didnt have the backing of the American's I understand we dont now but it was a whole different level back then. The Viet Cong's were being supplied from a whole different country, that we didnt have jursidiction in for fear of world blacklashes. And all we were doing was bombing the hell out of anything that moved.

We are on the ground here, making signifcant progress the only thing that remains are the coward insurgents.

Goodjob, keep up the good work.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• supercar

• Avinash_Tyagi

• Cinders

We are on the ground here, making signifcant progress the only thing that remains are the coward insurgents.

wrong. that was iraq in 2003, 2004 and 2005. 2006 iraq is full of militias and death squads some are government backed, hardly a bunch of cowardly insurgents. this old rhetoric wont get you anywhere especially past the victory line. delusion looses wars.

wrong. that was iraq in 2003, 2004 and 2005. 2006 iraq is full of militias and death squads some are government backed, hardly a bunch of cowardly insurgents. this old rhetoric wont get you anywhere especially past the victory line. delusion looses wars.

Thank you

I still can't understand why they don't consider this a civil war ... woah, wait.. that's right.. my son-in-law told me when he came home for a bit before having to head back to Iraq, that IF this turned into a civil war HE was told they are not to stay and they would have to leave.

Right....well, DJ is still there because they refuse to call this a civil war.

HANG IN THERE SON where ever you are!

Is that a serious comment, Goodjob Bush keep the fight up I guess nobody bothers to see all the good we are doing in Iraq.

First of all, there was no way in HELL we could've won the War in Vietnam, we didnt have the backing of the American's I understand we dont now but it was a whole different level back then. The Viet Cong's were being supplied from a whole different country, that we didnt have jursidiction in for fear of world blacklashes. And all we were doing was bombing the hell out of anything that moved.

Thank you for one other voice of reason. God Bless America!!!

The Vietcong was highly trained and organized, supplied by one of the most powerful countries in the world.

The insurgents in Iraq have little financial backing, and compared to the Vietcong very poorly trained. The insurgents are also not being supplied like the Vietcong.

God Bless America!

Thank you for one other voice of reason. God Bless America!!!

The Vietcong was highly trained and organized, supplied by one of the most powerful countries in the world.

The insurgents in Iraq have little financial backing, and compared to the Vietcong very poorly trained. The insurgents are also not being supplied like the Vietcong.

God Bless America!

And yet the US military still can't beat them :hmm:

And yet the US military still can't beat them :hmm:

The insurgents can't beat the US military. Everytime we fight them we beat them.

We won the war in Iraq in April 2003. When you defeat your enemy's armed forces and occupy his country,you have won the war.

god bless america. please take the decisions out of the hands of those that refuse to see the reality in iraq, they will lose this war due to their fear of losing votes but at the cost of american lives. traitors are those who care more about politics and rhetoric than winning wars and bringing an army home in one piece and not wasting billions of dollars a month staying the course on the suicide track. wrap it up and kick the crap out of some taliban on the way home for some much needed time with family!

You thnk just saying something over and over somehow makes it true? Nope.

you think that saying something over and over somehow makes it true? nope.

you want to debate this, then bring something to the table but keep in mind you first disagreed with me meaning it is up to you to bring it, so i can then destroy it. i never say anything that i cant back up and ram down someones throat, its just my style.

you think that saying something over and over somehow makes it true? nope.

I'm not saying anything over and over.

You keep saying:

vietnam iraq has divided the us in two

iraq has divided the us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i never say anything that i cant back up

OK then prove the Iraq war has divided the US.

keep in mind you first disagreed with me meaning it is up to you to bring it

Are you making the rules for this message board now? I don't have to bring anything.

uhm i just told you to prove it....

if you dont bring it then theres no debate, i win.

but to show i'm a sport...

1.) 'you're either with us or against us' - a statement that divides.

2.) there are only two options ours, stay the course, which is right. and 'cut and run', which is everyone elses who doesn't agree with me, which is wrong. - a bunch of bs.

theres two small samples of how the current president has created two teams, his and everyone elses. well his is losing this war and the reality is there are many options, many teams and many ways to win this, his way is in year 3 and things are still getting worse.

The insurgents can't beat the US military. Everytime we fight them we beat them.

We won the war in Iraq in April 2003. When you defeat your enemy's armed forces and occupy his country,you have won the war.

You're stuck in the old war mentality (this is anything but), the insurgency wins as long as it can survive and inflict casualties on allied forces.

Good job Mr. President. Hold strong and keep up the fight.

How can anyone really compare the Vietnam War against this War?

How about because Bush is loosing. Did you honestly think after destroying a countries infrastructure and killing people you would be greeted as liberators.

Vietnam was a war we couldn't win. Not without escalating the conflict far beyond what was wanted. The losses during Vietnam were staggering on a daily basis. Nearly 60,000 Americans perished during the 12 year conflict in Vietnam.

America also had a lot more troops in Nam fighting the NVA as well. At the peak of the war there were 540,000 troops in Nam. In Iraq the US only has 135,000 this is most likely why fatalities are down. Not to mention they actually wear body armor as well which explains the 20,000 or so injuries.

Iraq is a war that needs to be won. A friendly democratic government needs to set the standards in the Middle East. The losses during the current conflict are not even close to the numbers for Vietnam. With under 3,000 American casualties, in 1,300 days.

Iran went democratic and look at their leader, Palestine went democratic and they voted in a militant group. Iraq was handed over to Iran the minute the elected a Shiite government. Fact is Iraq can't be won and Saddam Hussein did a better job at keeping his people under control then the current Iraq government and Coalition forces.

Iraq has less than three American deaths per day.

Vietnam had over twelve American deaths per day.

Again the US was actually fighting an Army in Nam and didn't wear body amor back then. They also had almost 4 times the ammount of troops in Nam who for the most part were kids drafted to goto war and never got adequete training.

The war could possible become as deadly as Vietnam. That would require some serious escalations and some type of organized attacks on U.S. forces.

This is not likely as they are too busy fighting eachother in a civil war.

Love your posts GanjaGuru! You sound a bit like Colin Powell.. only if he had that courage to SAY STOP! pubically that eve before going to war in Iraq. Oh well.. we all know the rest now.

But Colin Powell worked hard and re-wrote how things would be after the Vietnam War... he strived hard to create the "voluntary" military, and that the USA would NEVER have another Vietnam...

yea, there were a few good men that Bush really should have listened to before going into Iraq.... How will the USA ever get out of this now.. and will the USA ever be forgiven?

Edited by Cinders

interesting comparison, iraq and the tet offensive

of course the revisionists will fail to mention that the tet offensive was a huge failure for the NVA/Vietcong, leading to the destruction of the VC and tallying up massively lopsided casualties.

Instead the media portrayed it as a huge "VC/NVA victory that demonstrated the indestructable spirit of the Vietnamese people"

pfft

interesting comparison, iraq and the tet offensive

of course the revisionists will fail to mention that the tet offensive was a huge failure for the NVA/Vietcong, leading to the destruction of the VC and tallying up massively lopsided casualties.

Instead the media portrayed it as a huge "VC/NVA victory that demonstrated the indestructable spirit of the Vietnamese people"

pfft

For the US it was a case of winning the battle and losing the war. :yes:

For the US it was a case of winning the battle and losing the war. :yes:

- The US didn't loose the war. The pressure at home to CUT and RAN won it for the Vietcong, daily clips of the war was on TV and the will of the Americans to fight got shattered.

Same thing happening now, enemy is not trying to win in the battle field instead just setting things up for the Liberals and Media to do the rest.

- The US didn't loose the war. The pressure at home to CUT and RAN won it for the Vietcong, daily clips of the war was on TV and the will of the Americans to fight got shattered.

Same thing happening now, enemy is not trying to win in the battle field instead just setting things up for the Liberals and Media to do the rest.

What else is that then losing a war? I think you forget Aroces, that War doesn't have to be won on the Battlefield, it can be won in shattering the morale and will to fight of the enemy :yes:

You're stuck in the old war mentality (this is anything but), the insurgency wins as long as it can survive and inflict casualties on allied forces.

- Terrorist kills 10 of our soldiers and we kill 100 of them and for you we lost. That is the new war mentality? :rolleyes:

- Terrorist kills 10 of our soldiers and we kill 100 of them and for you we lost. That is the new war mentality? :rolleyes:

Yes because all the Public will care about is that they're continuing to kill our soldiers years after the war was supposed to be over and that 10 more coffins are coming back to the states.

The key to this war is Morale, that's what they're targeting

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

What else is that then losing a war? I think you forget Aroces, that War doesn't have to be won on the Battlefield, it can be won in shattering the morale and will to fight of the enemy :yes:

Vietnam was winnable, but US fought it in a Political way. And the Politicians decided to CUT and RUN!

Ask the Vietnam Veterans if they lost the WAR?

They didn't, they were simply ordered to CUT and RUN!

Yes because all the Public will care about is that they're continuing to kill our soldiers years after the war was supposed to be over and that 10 more coffins are coming back to the states.

The key to this war is Morale, that's what they're targeting

- Morale? You think our Armed Forces morale is shattered because of the casualties?

Tell that to the Marines!

Vietnam was winnable, but US fought it in a Political way. And the Politicians decided to CUT and RUN!

Ask the Vietnam Veterans if they lost the WAR?

They didn't, they were simply ordered to CUT and RUN!

- Morale? You think our Armed Forces morale is shattered because of the casualties?

Tell that to the Marines!

You don't have to beat the armies, or shatter their morale, shattering the Morale of the civilians at home is good enough, in fact maybe even better :yes:

You don't have to beat the armies, or shatter their morale, shattering the Morale of the civilians at home is good enough, in fact maybe even better :yes:

- True, to a Free society. But not to a society like N KOREA and radical Islams. So, what do you do?

- True, to a Free society. But not to a society like N KOREA and radical Islams. So, what do you do?

What do we do to beat them?

Well i'd say trying to sway the hearts and minds of the moderate muslims, those who stradle the fence in this conflict :tu: