Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush accepts Iraq-Vietnam echoes

__Kratos__

The thing about Iraq is that the only to have won this war, was to capture the hearts and minds of Iraqi civilians and make them rally around your cause. They have failed to do this and so like Nam this war is lost.

11 million people voted in the most recent election. So the United States has won the hearts and minds of 11 million Iraqis.

The Iraq war is nowhere near being lost. You just want people to think it is.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• supercar

• Avinash_Tyagi

• Cinders

Why is it the world seems to be so anti-america these days?

The world is not anti-American these days. You are anti-American.

Umm, your statments alone push people further away from the American pro war movement!

I could also post a pic of American soldiers being burnt and dragged behind cars or being beheaded ! that pic of a kiss on the cheek :rolleyes: come on!

Hmm 11 million voted, last i looked the population was over 30 million! Whats his name was not voted in, he was put in! Ya like I'm going to believe any vote cunducted be the U.S. to be fair and un bias? If you don't think I have a valid point, look up election fraud!!

You say the only way to win this is to stay there? Hmmm then you guys should have stayed in Vietnam :wacko: Ya that will work well ! I do however think the U.S. should stay there and clean this mess up. I was always told to clean up after myself as a kid and well, you figure it out!

11 million people voted in the most recent election. So the United States has won the hearts and minds of 11 million Iraqis.

The Iraq war is nowhere near being lost. You just want people to think it is.

11 million out of about 60 million.....Not nearly the turnout Bush was expecting for sure.

People have been saying things were getting worse since the day we invaded.

Thats because it's true each month fatalities go up and just the other day Iraqi forces were defeated by a shiite militia due to poor equipment and training by the US.

All US/Coalition forces have to do to 'win' is stay in Iraq. So we're winning.

All the insugency has to do to win is stay alive and they are doing that and increasing their numbers daily. You kill 1 they recruit 2 more....

American soldiers being greeted as liberators:

One soldier getting a kiss on the cheek...how do we say holy propaganda batman..Some Iraqis unfortunatly have been brainwashed but again 60%+ of the total Iraqi population thinks it's ok to blow up American and coalition troops.

Then why can't American visit overseas w/o a maple leaf on their backpacks and T-shirts.... If you knew anything about anything you would realize that America does not have a lot of credibility with the rest of the world right now.

===================================

Supercar if you can proove to me that the war in Iraq was not based on lies then be my guest because I am still trying to figure out what justifies over a half a million deaths as a result of bad foreign policy.

Richard Nixon once said America was a helpless giant. He was right take a look at New Orleans, Illegal Immigration, the hole in the ground that used to be the WTC. Why have these things not been taken care of yet. If Americans want to help the world thats fine and dandy. However they must first learn how to help themselves and fix their broken nation first.

Hmm 11 million voted, last i looked the population was over 30 million!

WRONG.

The population of Iraq is 24 million:

http://www.historycentral.com/NationbyNati...Population.html

Iraq has 15 million eligible voters:

http://www.myheritage.org/Issues/Iraq.asp

12 million Iraqis voted in the most recent election:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_legisla...,_December_2005

85% of Iraq's eligible voters cast ballots.

The United States has won the 'hearts and minds' of 85% of Iraqis.

I could also post a pic of American soldiers being burnt and dragged behind cars or being beheaded ! that pic of a kiss on the cheek :rolleyes: come on!

So what? That's not what we're talking about. Nice try at changing the subject. That picture proves Americans were greeted as liberators.

Supercar if you can proove to me that the war in Iraq was not based on lies then be my guest

Are you refering to WMD? President Bush sincerely believed Iraq had WMD. If you say something you sincerely believe to be true,it's not lying.

If you knew anything about anything you would realize that America does not have a lot of credibility with the rest of the world right now.

According to who? Someone who thinks Iraq has a population of 60 million:

11 million out of about 60 million.....Not nearly the turnout Bush was expecting for sure.

The population of Iraq is 24 million:

http://www.historycentral.com/NationbyNati...Population.html

You are wrong about the population of Iraq. You are wrong about America losing credibilty.

If you don't know something as basic as the current population of Iraq,how can you expect people to believe anything else you have to say?

Edited by supercar

That picture proves Americans were greeted as liberators.

supercar im not sure what you define 'proof' as but i assume it is whatever you say and nothing others you disagree with say, sounds about the right mentality for someone still clinging to lego fantasies.

i wanted to be 'a sport' so i gave you two quotes, which to you proves nothing! *spittle flying*, but one picture from you is proof that all iraqis greeted the troops as liberators? not only is it obvious that you arent a sport, more of a jock strap, but your definition of proof is one that regresses past the toddler stage.

if one pic is enough to be called proof to you, i'm about to prove you wrong, using your logic against you of course...

user posted image

user posted image

these pictures, as i have said before, were taken in fallujah just after the invasion of iraq in 2003. now do my two pictures prove you 100% wrong? by you logic i believe it does. but to me it proves that in some places the troops were greeted as liberators and in others they werent.

rule #3 - supercar must be provided with a new diaper after any poster causes him to crap his pants.

Edited by Mr. Hand

oh really i thought those are iraqis in those photos, so now its about the iraqis that you agree with representing all iraqis? more toddler mentality.

on second thought supercar and i need proof for the comment you made, we require photos of the protestors in the pics i posted in videos cutting peoples heads off. do you have proof? i dont think you can handle getting proof!

would you also like to inform us of who does represent all iraqis in you mind? al-sistani? al-sadr? al-maliki? the shoe shine boy on the corner of jihad st and burka pl? george bush? the minority population that doesnt support attacks on the troops? or is it you?

Edited by Mr. Hand

supercar im not sure what you define 'proof' as

Here is the definition of proof from http://dictionary.com :

1. evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.

sounds about the right mentality for someone still clinging to lego fantasies

Making insults is not helping your credibility.

Edited by supercar

oh really i thought those are iraqis in those photos, so now its about the iraqis that you agree with representing all iraqis? more toddler mentality.

on second thought supercar and i need proof for the comment you made, we require photos of the protestors in the pics i posted in videos cutting peoples heads off. do you have proof? i dont think you can handle getting proof!

would you also like to inform us of who does represent all iraqis in you mind? al-sistani? al-sadr? al-maliki? the shoe shine boy on the corner of jihad st and burka pl? george bush? the minority population that doesnt support attacks on the troops? or is it you?

- Maybe they are Iraqis, but they are the Iraqis who are holding on to the old brutal way of ruling. Your kind of Iraqis!

- The thugs with their head covered and cut heads is as angry as YOU and the Iraqis you champion in your picture with the troops. That is proof!

- The ones who defied the threat of the terrorist and voted represent the Iraqis. Not your couple of dozen thugs. :rolleyes:

Edited by AROCES

Here is the definition of proof from http://dictionary.com :

1. evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.

Making insults is not helping your credibility.

my credibility is my words, the proof is in the news everyday but thanks for the definition i hope you learned something new.

- Maybe they are Iraqis, but they are the Iraqis who are holding on to the old brutal way of ruling. Your kind of Iraqis!

your played out tactics against lefties wont work with me, theres delusionals on both sides and theyre gunna lose this war, your kind of people!

- The thugs with their head covered and cut heads is as angry as YOU and the Iraqis you champion in your picture with the troops. That is proof!

i dont champion any iraqis in that photo, the champions are the troops in the pics that arent blasting holes in the sandal wavers, that takes willpower. i think yove got me confused with someone else. my point was that supercar only sees proof in what he says, im just showing that at the beginning not all iraqis welcomed the troops, less do now, so i dont care what they want anymore. fighting wars to help people that dont want your help is a waste of american lives, i say make them settle it now or enjoy the nasty civil war to come. either way its time for some rnr.

- The ones who defied the threat of the terrorist and voted represent the Iraqis. Not your couple of dozen thugs. :rolleyes:

defied the terrorist threat to vote in a bunch of death squad a$$&@les, good for f'ing them. i dont see how you can be proud of that fact?

not only that every election in iraq ive noticed there are no major attacks, maybe a few reports of problems but nothing id call attacks. go ahead find one story that talks about these attacks that the iraqis braved to vote. i only saw stories about the threat of attack, no attacks, then stories about their bravery. wow they braved no attacks to vote in fundamentalist militants, is that your point? is that what you would have the troops fighting for? not me.

your played out tactics against lefties wont work with me, theres delusionals on both sides and theyre gunna lose this war, your kind of people!

i dont champion any iraqis in that photo, the champions are the troops in the pics that arent blasting holes in the sandal wavers, that takes willpower. i think yove got me confused with someone else. my point was that supercar only sees proof in what he says, im just showing that at the beginning not all iraqis welcomed the troops, less do now, so i dont care what they want anymore. fighting wars to help people that dont want your help is a waste of american lives, i say make them settle it now or enjoy the nasty civil war to come. either way its time for some rnr.

defied the terrorist threat to vote in a bunch of death squad a$$&@les, good for f'ing them. i dont see how you can be proud of that fact?

not only that every election in iraq ive noticed there are no major attacks, maybe a few reports of problems but nothing id call attacks. go ahead find one story that talks about these attacks that the iraqis braved to vote. i only saw stories about the threat of attack, no attacks, then stories about their bravery. wow they braved no attacks to vote in fundamentalist militants, is that your point? is that what you would have the troops fighting for? not me.

- Oh yeah, there are two side and of course you wish Bush to fail in Iraq. Doesn't matter who wins in Iraq as long as it is not Bush.

- Discipline and belief is why our troops act that way, not will power. The ones who does not want us there are those who happen to be the reason why we are there in the first place??? :rolleyes:

- No attacks for security did it's job. If you want to discredit the bravery that the Iraqis showed then you are free to do so. But then again with that attitude most Iraqis would not understand your view.

Edited by AROCES

- Oh yeah, there are two side and of course you wish Bush to fail in Iraq. Doesn't matter who wins in Iraq as long as it is not Bush.

it isnt all about bush, some people remember that above a president is the nation, i dont want to see him fail in iraq, but if i think he is someones gunna hear about it.

- Discipline and belief is why our troops act that way, not will power. The ones who does not want us there are those who happen to be the reason why we are there in the first place??? :rolleyes:

im not sure what was just said there...

- No attacks for security did it's job. If you want to discredit the bravery that the Iraqis showed then you are free to do so. But then again with that attitude most Iraqis would not understand your view.

so how come theres no security now? so during the elections the security was so tight that not a single terrorist got a chance to attack anyone but now and every other time, even trying to reduce the violence proves extremely difficult. i'll tell you what i think, at first i was a little confused by the lack of attacks during elections and the post-election lull, now that i see that a bunch a militant puppets were voted in i see why. why would they stop people voting in elections when clerics are herding them in to vote for their militias political wing. they went for a political powergrab and it worked, as seen in the news everyday lately, 'maliki condemns raid on sadr city', etc, etc.

whats the difference between palestinians voting in hamas and iraqis voting in the dawa and sciri? not much in my opinon, neither government should be supported. and if maliki doesnt shape up soon i guarantee he wont be pm for much longer.

it isnt all about bush, some people remember that above a president is the nation, i dont want to see him fail in iraq, but if i think he is someones gunna hear about it.

im not sure what was just said there...

so how come theres no security now? so during the elections the security was so tight that not a single terrorist got a chance to attack anyone but now and every other time, even trying to reduce the violence proves extremely difficult. i'll tell you what i think, at first i was a little confused by the lack of attacks during elections and the post-election lull, now that i see that a bunch a militant puppets were voted in i see why. why would they stop people voting in elections when clerics are herding them in to vote for their militias political wing. they went for a political powergrab and it worked, as seen in the news everyday lately, 'maliki condemns raid on sadr city', etc, etc.

whats the difference between palestinians voting in hamas and iraqis voting in the dawa and sciri? not much in my opinon, neither government should be supported. and if maliki doesnt shape up soon i guarantee he wont be pm for much longer.

- If you are being a critic, yet you honestly don't want Bush to fail in Iraq then I can understand and respect that.

- I'm saying is those who chants get out America in Iraq are the ones are supportive of Saddam then.

- Here is my theory. The terrorist feels it is a bad propaganda for them to blow people who are voting. The bombing that is happening now is not to sway the Iraqis, but the American public for this coming November election. The terrorist are simply doing the evil brutal things they do, killing with no conscience to get what they want.

consider this analogy, the us is like a sports team, the president, bush in this case is the coach, his administration are his assistants, the army are the players. every team has owners, general managers. some people get hung up on the coach, his ability to win, his personality, i dont care about the coach, im rooting for the team. do you know what happens when a team starts losing? it comes down on top of the coach and if he dont fix it, he gets fired. not because the owners and fans dont like the team but because they want to see the team wining, they want to see the team win at all costs even if that requires putting a tonne of pressure on the coach or even getting a new coach. you like sports? your team ever get stuck in a losing streak? getting a fresh coach in boosts the teams energy level, gets them a fresh start to start winning again.

im not one to get hung up on coaches but if the team starts losing, someones got to do something for the team and the coach carries that responsibility. bush, clinton, reagan, i dont care as long as they do the job, but if they forfeit the teams success for their individual success they gotta go, it aint about the coach but the team and the cup! lol.

consider this analogy, the us is like a sports team, the president, bush in this case is the coach, his administration are his assistants, the army are the players. every team has owners, general managers. some people get hung up on the coach, his ability to win, his personality, i dont care about the coach, im rooting for the team. do you know what happens when a team starts losing? it comes down on top of the coach and if he dont fix it, he gets fired. not because the owners and fans dont like the team but because they want to see the team wining, they want to see the team win at all costs even if that requires putting a tonne of pressure on the coach or even getting a new coach. you like sports? your team ever get stuck in a losing streak? getting a fresh coach in boosts the teams energy level, gets them a fresh start to start winning again.

im not one to get hung up on coaches but if the team starts losing, someones got to do something for the team and the coach carries that responsibility. bush, clinton, reagan, i dont care as long as they do the job, but if they forfeit the teams success for their individual success they gotta go, it aint about the coach but the team and the cup! lol.

- I welcome honest critics, for a critic is needed to keep everyone up to his job. I voted for Bush but there are things he does that I disagreee with. No President simply will do everything you wish him to do, for you yourself could be wrong..

Those Bush lied, Bush kills, Bush Nazi are not critics, just cry babies.

Are you refering to WMD? President Bush sincerely believed Iraq had WMD. If you say something you sincerely believe to be true,it's not lying.

how do you know what he really believed?...I believe he told george tenet..make it work we need to hit a homerun. :yes:

- If you are being a critic, yet you honestly don't want Bush to fail in Iraq then I can understand and respect that.

I don't think anyone here really implied this anyway :hmm:

- I'm saying is those who chants get out America in Iraq are the ones are supportive of Saddam then.

To be honest Saddam when he was in power kept his people in line. He had the right amount of dictator and crazy to keep people scared of him. With the exception of the Sunni I don't think anyone was really supportive of Saddam. I think he was a bad guy for sure on the other hand like I said he did keep his country in check.

- Here is my theory. The terrorist feels it is a bad propaganda for them to blow people who are voting. The bombing that is happening now is not to sway the Iraqis, but the American public for this coming November election. The terrorist are simply doing the evil brutal things they do, killing with no conscience to get what they want.

....umm okay....

For some reason I really don't think these guys are doing this to sway votes to the democrats. Only because they have been doing this for a LONG ass time. This theory just doesn't work....

- I welcome honest critics, for a critic is needed to keep everyone up to his job. I voted for Bush but there are things he does that I disagreee with. No President simply will do everything you wish him to do, for you yourself could be wrong..

Those Bush lied, Bush kills, Bush Nazi are not critics, just cry babies.

I can certainly see why your defending his lies.... :hmm: BTW those people you listed as cry babies are the only ones being critical of Bush. If the mood in the US that I think it is come November the republicans will loose this election. Fact is the Bush administration is the most corrupted bunch of crooks to ever be elected. Illegal wire tapping, passing torture into law....these things are very scary and very Orwellian.

No one was sure if Saddam had WMD. We all know now there is none. We went in and CONFIRMED IT

No this is not true either... :no:

I beleive Bush and friends said it was confirmed through 'solid' intellegence. Or as Bush would say he was told a 'slam dunk'. Unfortunatly George Tenant doesn't recall ever saying this to Bush. They also lied about the Al Queda connection and Iraq being a threat to the west. Fact is Saddam was no more dangerous to America then Canada is.

I never understood why you neocons defend lies with lies it makes you look dumb. :rofl:

No this is not true either... :no:

I beleive Bush and friends said it was confirmed through 'solid' intellegence. Or as Bush would say he was told a 'slam dunk'. Unfortunatly George Tenant doesn't recall ever saying this to Bush. They also lied about the Al Queda connection and Iraq being a threat to the west. Fact is Saddam was no more dangerous to America then Canada is.

I never understood why you neocons defend lies with lies it makes you look dumb. :rofl:

- Then why did you guys not show your evidence that there was no WMD then, huh?

You don't know either that is why.

You telling me all UN resolutions about WMD were bogus then?

Neocons? Who me??? :w00t:

Edited by AROCES