Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jessica Lynch

Journey

Now that her story is going to be televised and we are going to hear more- what do think of the way the U.S. government handled this situation?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S.O.B

• moe eubleck

• snuffypuffer

• Journey

The following statement from BBC News:

"But her story is one of the most stunning pieces of news management ever conceived."

Uh...Oh...ok huh.gif - Thanks for the report, I've finally found another news source besides PBS, NPR, ABC, NBC, CBS and al jazeera that I can trust and believe in thumbsup.gif

The following statement from BBC News:

"But her story is one of the most stunning pieces of news management ever conceived."

Uh...Oh...ok huh.gif - Thanks for the report, I've finally found another news source besides PBS, NPR, ABC, NBC, CBS and al jazeera that I can trust and believe in thumbsup.gif

Amen.

Thanks Lionel [link] and this incident really bothers me, because it is evident to me that I can not believe what my own government tells us. A moment ago it was stated on MSN (Natalie Morales) that she never even fired a shot....I was seeing red when this incident came to press, one would think that after all the awards and medals and attention that she recieved that she fought off a whole battalion single-handedly!

I will seek BBC News in the future, thats for sure.

I think this poor woman needs to be left the **** alone for a while. She didnt go through all of those atrocities to become another form of propaganda by feminists , and the Bush administration. The sovereignty over her persona and her personhood is being taken without her cooperation and without her consent.

I think before we do anything, we need to step back and let her recoup. Send her on a vacation for godsake. eyecrazy.gif

why are our women out in war areas anyway? no wonder arabs make fun of us, we actually send chicks out to fight wars.

she reminds me of this little girl that used to come bug us as kids to let her play war. we'd keep the cool guns and give her the broken fake pearl handled cowboy gun.

chicks don't know sh** about war and they oughtta stay home and be useful.

all that women are equal in battle crap is just that. a bunch of nice sounding bs dreamed up to make women feel better about themsleves.

the reality is they corrode the team because everyone is looking out for them all the time. besides they are a lot weaker physically and smaller and crack much faster under pressure.

it's a miracle if the women i see on any given day can be assertive enough to take their turn at a stop sign much less slit anyone's throat.

their emotional stability is destroyed for at least 5-7 days per month and with some chicks you get the week of wrath before and after too.

bunch of dorky 18 yr olds from alabama or whatever aren't going to be any different when they are in a real war.

chicks have no place in war. they are a distraction supreme. most of them are just there because of that ages old woman mantra: "i can do anything you can do better" or because they wanted military benefits and didn't realize they might actually have to work for it.

there's no reason they can't be back in the states shipping the less important supplies, arranging for rations, designing new uniforms or typing or something. the last thing i'd want to see in a trench next to me under fire is a woman. you might as well have a cat next to you.

You know, S.O.B. you could make your point without coming across as a complete chauvinist. There have been women going to war for centuries, and some of them have been damned good at it. They can be a lot more sneaky and manipulative than any male could ever dream of. I won't say anymore than that because I don't want to start a flame here.

please, my good friend, don't lecture a science major on what the sun does every day. i've heard all of those arguments and i hear your point well enough.

obviously, i'm not making a scientific case, i'm making a "look around you and tell me what you actually observe" case. it's weak in that regard, but i think it's true anyway.

we aren't talking about the way some particle reacts in some cold electro-magnetic field, there's no formula for this kind of thing, we're talking about unpredictable, emotional humans and human relationships and all kinds of cultural issues etc.

yeah, women are capable of this and that, but look around you and imagine that woman next to you in the trench.

i was raised to protect and adore women, not send them into war. if that makes me a damned fool then sign me up.

my wife is a successful advertising executive with a small business besides...my mom has repaired jets for the DOD for 30 years and still managed to make a mean meatloaf...i don't doubt their capabilities, but the last thing i'd want to do is send them into battle.

it just reflects poorly on a culture i think.

some of the doctors that fixed her are now disputing the rape evidence as well.

also that black chick that was also caught is like: "woh no you dit'n - whey mah movie sucka! oh i see it a race thang mmm hmmmmmmm."

'course that's paraphrasing a bit. what a mess.

Hey, I'm not disputing that the whole thing with Jessica Lynch has become a media circus. And if she wasn't a woman, the whole story would have gone in and out of our ears. And no, I don't want any of the women I know and care about anywhere near a warzone. But I also know a couple she-beasts* that would take on the entire Iraqi army by themselves, and probably have a good shot at winning. The Soviet Union had female fighter pilots and snipers during WWII, and may have folded without them. I'm just saying that in certain roles women can do a pretty good job in combat, if that's what they want to do, media circus aside.

*the term she-beast is used affectionately.

SOB...buddy....nobody is forcing our women to fight. They have a choice. I bet you could ask Soulfire about it, she was in the military. Don't know if she had to fight, but she was probably ready to do what she was ordered. Women are not weak....I've worked cattle, fed cattle, fixed fences right alongside my grandmother my entire life. She is an excellent cook, but the kitchen is not the only place she belongs. I agree we should protect women, but I'll try and protect anyone I can. Most women don't need protection though

Some call it lies, some call it propaganda, depends on the spin.

She was called a liar despite having not said a word.

Now she's being championed despite barely being conscious.

I find it funny that people are blaming military propaganda for this. I can't deny they tried to build it up, but the media took very little and ran in all directions with it. They are continuing to do so, and somehow spinning it so the military is being blamed for it. How ironic.

I would rather have a tough as nails "chick" watching my back than a green just-out-of-boot-camp recruit. IMHO if women want to fight for there country then by all means go ahead, they have proven time and time again that they are equal and i respect them because of this. Anyway ladys look HOT in a uniform wink2.gif

Like I said in my previous post, it has become a media circus, for no reason than she is a woman and she happened to be a P.O.W. I haven't heard much of the rape evidence, except that there was some and now it's being disputed. All I'm saying is that women can do whatever they want to, just as well if not better in certain situations, and their place can be the battlefield if that's what they choose to do. The rape scenario, while I'm not saying whether it's true or not, does help the administration sell the war, and they need to, because Iraq is fast becoming a quagmire. The Presidents taking a lot of heat right now, and saying Jessica Lynch was raped by her evil Iraqi captors helps us look like we're still the good guys.

I've only been in combat training situations with women in the trenches with me. But I did make the following observations:

1) They behave with a similar distibution to men. Some do well, others would rather do nothing.

2) They tend to be more procedural for those in the "do well" category.

3) A man can never get by the fact that there's a woman fighting next to him.

I'm not going to argue competancy because there are women out there that are competant to fight in combat situations. I will always argue that the presence of women in combat will affect those around them in negative ways.

I'm not disputing that others in combat will feel that they need to protect the women. As for everything else, I think I've spoken my peace. And with that, I'm out.

If she truly wanted to be a "hero" or "heroine" she should have told the networks to shove their "movie" up their collective ass and then let her story die a death like it needs to. Hopefully one day someone can knock the * stuffing* outta her and remind her that several of her "supposed buddies" lost their life in that ambush.

I guess it's time to put a new diaper on political correctness, and finish up the obituary for old-man common sense who's finally died appearently, after a long illness.

The whole women in combat thing is bound to be a bigger issue, i've had opinions on this for years but they're kind of old and just need a retest now and then and make sure they still work.

modern times suck - it's always a balancing act.

Since Snuffy isn't going to be posting anymore, I thank you all for a most enjoyable time, I love debating. tongue.gif

edited due to language hey SOB u have been told...-CW

Edited by Celticwitch

No flame intentions here but it perplexes me that you referenced the State of Alabama-Texas, Alabama, you live in Texas- whats the difference? Jessica is from West Virginia anyhow.

At least she has the guts to publicly comment (last night , preview commercial for upcoming show) that our military over dramatized the entire situation...

My hat is off to her for having the courage to tell the TRUTH- which we obviously cannot obtain from our leaders and our media.

LOL to myself, at least she is making our citizens aware of the lies, I gotta give her credit for this!!!

Another question I have is how she ended up in the hospital in the first place? Who was responsible for getting her there? Mmmmm...,this really makes me wonder....

As for the original reason for the thread Ms Lynch might just be getting a little money out of this so in that case she is not only a soldier but intelligent and all to often that's something that soldiers lack as for Women at war ..

Here is my scientific rambling , Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and I'm not the type to go boiling bunnies unless I'm provoked .

If you believe woman are preciouse little keep sakes then you were miss led .

Julius Ceasar wrote of the fear and Awe that was provoked in him when confronted by the woad coverd female warriors of the Celt's he claimed that they fought and road there Chariots as good as any man in battle ......

Meek little Church mices, I think not .

all that women are equal in battle crap is just that. a bunch of nice sounding bs dreamed up to make women feel better about themsleves.

Why did you say that, then later come out and say this:

"...... there are women out there that are competant to fight in combat situations"

Im glad to see that your take on the matter is not black and white. But congratulations anyhow, you did get the last word. thumbsup.gif

SOME women are, others like Lynch are just drama queen tards out to get attention.

Regards,

SOB

dontgetit.gif Ok Ok play nice or I will lock this thread......

* See a female Mod.... * devil.gif

SOME women are, others like Lynch are just drama queen tards out to get attention.

Interesting. So then, based on what you just said, are we to disregard your other posts? blink.gif

( psst cool avatar !! )

Real men make their dogs or roosters do the fighting, not their women.

edited to stop this getting worse and you have been Pm'd about it CW

Edited by Celticwitch

If you believe woman are preciouse little keep sakes then you were miss led .

Too true. There are only two people I fear in this world; my mother and my wife. My wife wears combat boots. wub.gifwub.gif

She's a military lady herself. My place is in the kitchen. To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave. But we have done it.