Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ufo poll

Picturesque Orion

Ufo's paranormal  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen a UFO?

• Yes
    • No
    • I think so
  2. 2. What do you think UFO's are?

• Time travellers
    • Extraterrestial intelligent beings
    • Secret gorvement aircraft
    • Optical ilusions or human imagination
    • Terrorists
  3. 3. Which UFO's do you think are the real ones and not fake?

• Triangale UFO's
    • Cigar shaped UFO's
    • Eliptical UFO's
    • V shaped UFO's
    • Small probe UFO's
    • All of them are UFO's

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skyeagle409

• badeskov

• Picturesque Orion

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

Please if you saw a UFO, please post your expierience.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Ghoskol :tu:

I saw a UFO, but I did not think it was an ET. Could not take the poll. The 3rd questions assumes you think they are ET. I don't.

I saw a UFO, but I did not think it was an ET. Could not take the poll. The 3rd questions assumes you think they are ET. I don't.

Nooo, I ask what machines do you think are the real ones that they use for time travelling or travelling distant distances. Thats all. Some of the machines may be faked( The triangle UFO could be the silent bomber). :yes:

Nooo, I ask what machines do you think are the real ones that they use for time travelling or travelling distant distances. Thats all. Some of the machines may be faked( The triangle UFO could be the silent bomber). :yes:

I think all the ships being seen are federation ships flown by humans. :ph34r: ..the aliens met their demise!

I seen what looked like the sun falling out of the sky once. Only it didn't get smaller as it went down. Kinda strange....

Thanks.

Cheers.

Hi, In 1993 maybe 1994 ..me and a firend were walking to a near by 7-11. We were about 15/16 years old at the time...Upon entering the 7-11 we noticed the Cash clerk out side the store with a few customers staring in to the sky. Of course we looked up and saw the UFO as well. The 7-11 is located on the Peach and Olive intersection in Fresno, CA...its now just a genaric liquor store..but the intersection is a Busy Inner city block near the Citys Air Port as well as a National Guard Base...its mainly apartment complexes with residential homes behind the apt's...its a busy block and had heavy foot traffic that night..

On each side of the intersection there were at least 12 eye whitneses watching this in amazement...Cars were slowing down and some even pulled over and stopped....This was a mass sighting..

The UFO:

It was red and looked just like a star, but red. It bounced around speraticly like a ping pong ball hitting 90 degree turns and then kind of slowing down to hover like a bee or humming bird..Suddenly a 2nd UFO appeared out of no whare like it was there all along but invisable..Matirialized out of no whare flew around with the 1st one....It honestly seemed like these UFO's were trying to make a spectical...trying to give a show ...It was a deliberate act...any ways the one that appeared out of no whare...vanished just like it appeared ...it just faded until it was no longer visable..The 1st UFO just shot off at a high speed across the sky untill it too was gone.

People were shouting, laughing, some just saying "Oh my God" like over and over again...we stuck around and waited for them to come back and they never did. How ever Helicopters and Jets did fill the skys , but we went in to the 7-11 and bought the 2 Big Gulps we came for and went back home...I told my Mom what we saw..she laughed it off and said we were on Acid..then it came on the 10:00 news and it was said to be the National Guard base testing a new Satilite...But we all knew what we saw.

Im a christian and beleive Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead..So this sighting botherd me..and since then I have always looked in to the sky and been facinated with UFO documentrys. I started to Beleive That God was an Alien as well as all The Angels of heaven. I began to think Heaven was just a paralell universe, a planet , or diminsion in space. After all it took nothing away from my religion, God was still the Alpha and Omega....He was just no longer that Ginat man on a thrown in the clouds..He was E.T.

But then came 1999...it may have 2000. I was in Bed and attacked spiritualy by a demon. I was frozen and could not speak or shout..I could feel something Evil standing near me and began calling upon Jesus Christ and praying...I squinted my eyes open and saw a E.T. standing at the foot of my bed. This was not a small grey like we typicly see on the History Channel...this thing was Tall and white but had the skinny body and big head and eyes like greys are usually described. within a few seconds I was Freed from the Paralisis and it was gone.

Recently I have learned of the Elohim / Nephilim ( Fallen angels of Gen:6 ) Theory and stand by it strongly.

These things are Evil, and have done nothing productive for Earth. They abduct , strike Fear, sexualy abuse, and terrorize there victims.

They have been around forever according to the Cave Drawings, Renisaunce Paintings, and all Ancient Civilizations writtings and drawings....Yet they still dont make contact Or have They?** ie US Government technology exchange**

They mysteriosly get cought off guard by whitneses while other sightings report they just hover over large crourds drawing attention to themselves....So why the Head Games? Do they want to make contact? Do they not want to make contact? Are they still studying us after all these damn years?? In GEN:6 is said the Fallen Angels were cross breeding with Woman...sounds like the same thing going on today with our abductees. It also said that As in the Days Of Noah would be as in the days of the comming of man ( Jesus Christ )..They are at it again...trying to create a Genetic Anti-Christ maybe?

its my theory that they are here for one reason..To divert man away from the Bible..To keep man kind occupied with Science and Phonomonon..and Most Importantly to make it known they exsist...They Know a Holy Rapture is near and when that Happens They will come and make contact and claim to be the creators of Man, Religion, and de-Bunk all false religions **stopping the holy wars** and making World Peace. They will have a spokes person , a False Prophet or the Anti-Christ him self and Thus the One World Religion is born. They are not from space...Satan and his angels were casted to Earth...please study the USO's....they come from the Ocean people. The Earth It self. The Tri-Angels that cant be explored due to strong Electro Magnetic pulls? Its also said The Beast will rise from the Sea in the Bible....Thats whare they are. You can even combine Freemason's and Atlantians in this scenario and start seeing the picture...Of course I dont know The answers but this is whare I stand on the subject.

I dont know What God and His Angels in Heaven are...perhaps they too are E.T...But the Fallen Angels who Invade our lifes with Terror are not From Heaven.

As for Time Travel.. :no:

That would mean the Time Travlers are from today or the future, and they could plant religion..and all nations would have One God and we would live in Peace. The Time Travlers would surly repair the Future and present day in many ways.

As for Military spy or War craft....Why are we not useing this craft in War now?? We have ample oppertunity to use this technology on our enemys, yet we still fly our jets?? And how do you count for the Cave Drawings and Renisaunce painting?? :no:

This is my Testimony and thoughts on the subject..God Bless.

Edited by KILLUMANATI

i'm not so sure if what i saw was a ufo or just a light coming from i don't know where. my friends and i were on our way to a friend's house one night, then i saw this light, i don't know if my friends noticed it too, they were busy chitchatting. it's like a circular light trying to escape from the clouds that's why i find it unusual.

Thanks.

Cheers.

i have had several UFO encounters, one was a large ball of fire floating across the water in the pacific ocean, that fluttered about like a butterfly.

a mysteriouse satelite that changed direstions!

and a UFO that looked like a plane with four lights on the belly but had no jet stream and looked as if it was flying in orbit height?

my freind reported seeing floating red lights in the same area that i saw the floating fire.

I seen what looked like the sun falling out of the sky once.

i have had several UFO encounters, one was a large ball of fire floating across the water in the pacific ocean, that fluttered about like a butterfly.

a mysteriouse satelite that changed direstions!

my freind reported seeing floating red lights in the same area that i saw the floating fire.

These fireball UFOs sound interesting to see.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Last winter I believe, I was outside having a smoke and I happened to look at the full moon. It was shining through the clouds and "something" round flew right across the sky and I could see it only because of the moonlight on the clouds. The wife and I both looked at each other like, WTF? But what really freaked me out was the fact that whatever it was broke the clouds apart. Like created a path through the clouds. It looked really cool. Then after about 30 seconds there were jets flying over. I live about 30 minutes from Minot Air Force base. Really weird stuff

what really freaked me out was the fact that whatever it was broke the clouds apart. Like created a path through the clouds. It looked really cool.

Good stuff!

Please take the quiz! :)

I took the quiz, but to the second question "What do you think ufos are?"

You could add: All of the Above, None of the Above or Other.

I think that ALL the answers have merit. If they are time travelers,

that might explain why they don't just land and readily make contact.

That might lead to some paradox. There is considerable (circumstantial)

evidence they may be ETs. If so, what exactly are they doing here and why?

I believe the government is decades ahead in technology than what the

general public is aware of. Many sightings must certainly be US Air Force

advanced craft. I've heard there was a sighting of such a craft with US insignia

in Kuwait during Desert Storm. Probably a very large percentage of sightings

can be easily explained by optical illusions or human imagination - but not all!

As far as terrorists are concerned, I don't think they are militant muslims,

but the intent of the inhabitants of ufos may well be malevolent.

Finally, I believe that some if not all are demonic in nature. You can check out

http://www.echoesofenoch.com/ for more on that subject.

I did see something that was certainly unidentified to me. I was up at Mt. Palomar,

at a campground not far from the observatory. It was a clear night you could see

the Milky Way quite plainly. From the east, at a very high altitude a light similar in

brightness to aircraft lights shot across the sky. It was far too fast to be an airplane.

Maybe it was a satellite, but it seemed too fast for that as well. It was traveling

thousands of miles per hour. I've always wondered.

Hmm...I have seen a couple of UFOs, but never over an extended period of time and never anything I could really pin a shape on. What do I call them? UFOs! Extraterrestial crafts? Most certainly not!

This might not be the right thread for the following, and for that I apologize, however, it was spurred by the poll. Admittedly, I am highly skeptical about any mention of extraterrestrial crafts and the like and, by all means of respect, I have a very hard time wrapping my mind around some of the arguments going around. While some sightings are definitely unexplained and bordering on spectacular, ascribing it to some as improbable as aliens I either find highly amusing or rather sad, depending on the situation. Now why is that?

1) Are we alone in this universe? Most likely not, but we will only be able to prove that the day we actually make contact and to the best of my knowledge, that hasn't happened yet. Personally, believe there is a multitude of civilizations out there and thinking that we are the only sentinent beings in the universe I find rather self-centric.

2) So will these beings (which most likely are out there), visit us? First, they have to find us. And space is, to put it mildly, mighty big. And since we have only really been broadcasting radio/tv signals for the last 100 years, well, that leaves civilizations within a radius from Earth of a hundred light years that could detect us by means of listening for such signals (like SETI). Another option is that from 1000's of light years away they detected a planet of suitable size and distance from a suitable sun (like astronomers do on earth) and decided to visit. Or they stumbled across us by pure accident, although that would be a coincidence I'd rather not compute the odds for.

3) So now they now that we are here, how do they get here? Hmmm...to many a science fiction writers dismay, Einstein's theories tend to hold up remarkbly well and to the best of my knowledge, we have yet to discover a way of working our way around them. Nonetheless, that said, maybe it can be done and lets assume a tremendously advanced race has done so, which brings me to points 4) and 5), which are what really bugs me about this whole extraterrestrial mess.

4) Assuming the Aliens in question have found us and have the ability to travel over vast distances in no time (say, compared to their expected life time). Why is it that they are all over the place and somehow they let themselves photograph by common people and be detected by radar all over the place. Given their technological state, one would expect that they would at least be able to avoid radar detection, which they somehow are for the big radars systems. But much smaller systems seems to pick them up regularily. OK, so they basically don't care that they are spotted. But why is it then that they always make themselves appear to the local farmer or truck driver, while showing an uncanny ability to avoid any person that has an astronomical background and is most likely to sit outside at night looking up the sky? They must have looked through the yellowpages, identified all astronomers and therefore keeping out of certain areas - I am impressed with their vigilance!

5) But why would they be here? They come in their vastly advanced space craft and let everybody with a non-astronomical background photograph them. Why? Keeping track of the population on Earth and what we do? Could be, but I would guess that an advanced civilization like theirs would be more inclined to dump a couple of very compact, stealth probes into orbit and then follow everything remotely. Or if they really wanted to be thorough, they would make their presence very public by landing crafts and start taking samples of everything they could get close to, cataloging everything. And, no, I don't mean that a few abductions would do the trick. It would be a full biological/sociological and habitat analysis. I think we would be very aware of if any such information gathering was in progress, so in my point of view, if they are really here, they have sat down between two chairs and I find that highly unlikely for such an advanced race.

Hence, to me the whole aspect of a multitude of alien crafts flitting all around us is a picture of a belief that is completely unscientific based on a hope that aliens really do exist. But I am sure that if they are out there and they find us (if we don't find them first), I am sure that we will be in no doubt that they are visiting. Why would they pop by in a small craft and, say, allow themselves to be snatched by the US government if they happen to crash? No, I would expect something big and something no government would ever be able to hide, no matter how much it wished to do so!

Just a couple of thoughts. Any comments?

Best,

Badeskov

name='badeskov' date='Oct 27 2006, 10:17 PM' post='1407306']

4) Assuming the Aliens in question have found us and have the ability to travel over vast distances in no time (say, compared to their expected life time). Why is it that they are all over the place and somehow they let themselves photograph by common people and be detected by radar all over the place. Given their technological state, one would expect that they would at least be able to avoid radar detection, which they somehow are for the big radars systems. But much smaller systems seems to pick them up regularily. OK, so they basically don't care that they are spotted. But why is it then that they always make themselves appear to the local farmer or truck driver, while showing an uncanny ability to avoid any person that has an astronomical background and is most likely to sit outside at night looking up the sky? They must have looked through the yellowpages, identified all astronomers and therefore keeping out of certain areas - I am impressed with their vigilance!

But, there have been astonomers who've reported UFOs. Please review the following.

ASTRONOMERS, SKYWATCHERS, AND THEIR UFO SIGHTINGS

(List of Sightings By Astonomers)

http://www.xdream.freeserve.co.uk/UFOBase/Astronomers.htm

CLYDE TOMBAUGH

(Astronomer Who Discovered Pluto)

"Tombaugh was probably the preeminent astronomer to have reported seeing Unidentified Flying Objects. On August 20, 1949, Tombaugh saw several UFOs near Las Cruces, New Mexico. He described them as six to eight rectangular lights, stating "I doubt that the phenomenon was any terrestrial reflection, because... nothing of the kind has ever appeared before or since... I was so unprepared for such a strange sight that I was really petrified with astonishment." [1]A similar shocked response has been reported by many other who claim to have seen mysterious aerial objects."

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case355.htm

PROJECT MOGUL UFO SIGHTINGS

"One of the ironies of using Project Mogul to try to explain away the Roswell case and other New Mexico sightings is that Mogul and later Skyhook balloon personnel themselves contributed many high-quality UFO sightings."

"One very famous Mogul sighting involved Charles Moore on April 24, 1949. An additional irony here is that this is the same Charles Moore that has been trying so hard in the present-day to debunk the Roswell case as one of his Mogul balloons. Moore's sighting was written up in the equally famous 1952 LIFE Magazine article of high-quality UFO reports and in a 1950 TRUE Magazine article by Naval Commander Robert B. McLaughlin, head of the Naval missile program at White Sands (who unequivocally stated that the flying saucers being spotted by White Sands personnel, including himself, were not only real but extraterrestrial in origin). Moore's sighting is also found in a number of government documents, including those of the CIA, whose scientists were very impressed by it."

http://roswellproof.homestead.com/Mogul_UFOs.html

HOW SCIENTISTS TRACKED A FLYING SAUCER

"In its January issue TRUE said that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. Its story was widely supported by the nation's press and radio. TRUE's findings are here confirmed by Commander McLaughlin, a rocket expert at White Sands Proving Ground, who worked independently of this magazine's investigation. He reveals how a troup of Navy men and scientists tracked a flying disk with a precision instrument and tells of flights he and others witnessed."

http://www.nicap.dabsol.co.uk/true-mc.htm

Edited by skyeagle409

I was outside my house one night stargazing, and I spotted this glowing yellowish-orange spherical UFO that was flying very low (maybe a couple of thousand feet up) and about a mile off in the distance. The odd thing about it was that it was moving very slowly, took about 20 or 30 seconds to cross my field of vision- I watched it for over a minute until I just got too freaked out and went back inside. Didn't have a camera with me at the time, sadly.

Hi skyeagle409,

But, there have been astonomers who've reported UFOs. Please review the following.

ASTRONOMERS, SKYWATCHERS, AND THEIR UFO SIGHTINGS

(List of Sightings By Astonomers)

Thanks for the reply, which lists some good references. This is probably my fault, but I should probably have been more clear in my post. Indeed astronomers have seen UFOs, however, I have yet to come across one that would claim with certainty it to be of extraterrestrial origin.

As you correctly point out, a lot of scientists, including astronomers, have seen UFOs. Yet, to the best of my knowledge, all have kept them UFOs (alas unidentified) and have not yet claimed them to be extraterrestrial.

CLYDE TOMBAUGH

(Astronomer Who Discovered Pluto)

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case355.htm

Tombaugh witnessed several such occurrences and while he did lambast the scientific community for not opening up for the possibility that they could be alien craft, he never claimed himself that they were as he clearly admitted that he did not know what he was looking at. And for him to ascribe the phenomenon as extraterrestrial he wanted more scientific evidence.

This one I will blankly admit that I cannot explain without some more research. I will have to get back to you!

HOW SCIENTISTS TRACKED A FLYING SAUCER

http://www.nicap.dabsol.co.uk/true-mc.htm

This one is very deceptive! While US Navy Commander Robert B. McLaughlin was in company with scientists when they tracked the abnormality, it is McLaughlin that makes the conclusion that it is of extraterrestrial origin, not the scientists. Also stated is:

"When the Air Force early this year declassified the hitherto secret Project Saucer files, it revealed that 375 incidents of "unidentified flying objects" had been analyzed by consulting scientists. Of these, 341 had been explained to the Air Force's satisfaction.

It was officially admitted that for 34 incidents, there was no "apparent ready explanation." Among these was the opening incident of Commander McLaughlin's article.

Even these 34, the Air Force said, might be rationally explained if the "psychological and physiological" factors were taken into account. But the Aero-Medical Laboratory, which was most concerned with such factors, acknowledges that "it will never be possible to say with certainty that any individual did not see a space ship, an enemy missile or other flying objects. All that is possible is to judge the likelihood that he saw such objects."

In short, Project Saucer experts admit that statistical probability -- rather than scientific proof -- was the best it could expect to achieve."

So, out of 341 events, 34 could not be explained. They might be rationally explained if "psychological and physiological" factors were included.

No certainties, no statements that what they tracked were Aliens except for the commander's belief.

Again, I find the pointing fingers at Alien crafts to be the more improbable of explanations and would look towards more likely scenarios.

Best,

Badeskov

name='badeskov' date='Oct 27 2006, 11:41 PM' post='1407393']

Hi skyeagle409,

Thanks for the reply, which lists some good references. This is probably my fault, but I should probably have been more clear in my post. Indeed astronomers have seen UFOs, however, I have yet to come across one that would claim with certainty it to be of extraterrestrial origin. In short, Project Saucer experts admit that statistical probability -- rather than scientific proof -- was the best it could expect to achieve." So, out of 341 events, 34 could not be explained. They might be rationally explained if "psychological and physiological" factors were included.

No certainties, no statements that what they tracked were Aliens except for the commander's belief.

Here are a couple of accounts that were noted in LIFE Magazine of objects that definitely were not conventional aircraft.

INCIDENT 3. On April 24,1949 at 10:20 a.m., a group of five technicians under the general supervision of J. Gordon Vaeth, an aeronautical engineer employed by the Office of Naval Research, were preparing to launch a Skyhook balloon near Arrey, N. Mex. A small balloon was sent up first to check the weather. Charles B. Moore Jr., an aerologist of General Mills Inc. (pioneers in cosmic ray research) was tracking the weather balloon through a theodolite -- a 25-power telescopic instrument, which gives degrees of azimuth and elevation (horizontal and vertical position) for any object it is sighted on. At 10:30 a.m. Moore leaned back from the theodolite to glance at the balloon with his naked eye. Suddenly he saw a whitish elliptical object, apparently much higher than the balloon, and moving, in the opposite direction. At once he picked the object up in his theodolite at 45 degrees of elevation and 210 degrees of azimuth, and tracked it east at the phenomenal rate of 5 d of azimuth-change per second as it dropped swiftly to an elevation of 25 d. The Object appeared to be an ellipsoid roughly two and a half times as long as it was wide. Suddenly it swung abruptly upward and rushed out of sight in a few seconds. Moore had tracked it for about 60 seconds altogether. The other members of his crew confirmed his report. No sound was heard, no vapor trail was seen. The object, according to rough estimations by Moore and his colleagues, was about 56 miles above the earth, 100 feet long and was traveling at seven miles per second.

INCIDENT 4. One night in the summer of 1948 Clyde W. Tombaugh, the discoverer of the planet Pluto, was sitting in the back yard of his home at Las, Cruces, N. Mex. With him were his wife and his mother-in-law. It was about 11 p.m. and they were all sitting quietly, admiring the clarity of the southwestern sky, like any proper astronomical family. All at once they all saw something rush silently overhead, south to north, too fast for a plane, too slow for a meteor. -It seemed to be quite low. All three of the witnesses agreed that the object was definitely a solid "ship" of a kind they had never seen before. It was of an oval shape and "seemed to trail off at the rear into a shapeless luminescence." There was a blue-green glow about the whole thing. About half a dozen "windows" were clearly visible at the front of the ship and along the side. They glowed with the same blue-green color as the rest of the ship, only the glare was brighter, and had a touch of yellow in it. [Note: Tombaugh also had two other UFO sightings]

This one I will blankly admit that I cannot explain without some more research. I will have to get back to you! This one is very deceptive! While US Navy Commander Robert B. McLaughlin was in company with scientists when they tracked the abnormality, it is McLaughlin that makes the conclusion that it is of extraterrestrial origin, not the scientists.

Actually, other members of the team also confirmed the accounts.

Also stated is: "When the Air Force early this year declassified the hitherto secret Project Saucer files, it revealed that 375 incidents of "unidentified flying objects" had been analyzed by consulting scientists. Of these, 341 had been explained to the Air Force's satisfaction.

Most UFO accounts can be accounted for but the Air Force is well-known for its cover-up on the UFO enigma. For an example, in project Blue Book, the Air Force explained that the UFOs, which trailed and maneuvered around a jet bomber for 1.5 hours over 700 miles, was a propeller-driven American Airlines DC-6, which in no way was capable of flying at the atitude where the encounter took place much less capable of tagging along with a jet bomber for any length of time. In the 1960's the head of Blue Book admitted that many of Blue Book's explained files were flawed.

It was officially admitted that for 34 incidents, there was no "apparent ready explanation." Among these was the opening incident of Commander McLaughlin's article.

It is that percentage of reports that sets them apart from explanations of conventional aircraft and natural phenomena.

Even these 34, the Air Force said, might be rationally explained if the "psychological and physiological" factors were taken into account. But the Aero-Medical Laboratory, which was most concerned with such factors, acknowledges that "it will never be possible to say with certainty that any individual did not see a space ship, an enemy missile or other flying objects. All that is possible is to judge the likelihood that he saw such objects."

Apparently, there is more to that story regarding the Air Force. The Air Force Academy was telling its own cadets back in the 1960's to take UFOs seriously and said so in its own science book. When it was leaked what the Air Force was teaching its cadets, the Air Force closed the book forever. In fact, the Air Force detailed an account of an F-86 pilot's attempt to shoot down a 'flying saucer' in its own science book. In the 1950's the Air Force ordered its own pilots to shoot down "flying saucers" so apparently, the Air Force was taking the UFO issue very seriously. The govenment then threw in JANAP-146 and that is what upset hundreds of commercial pilots, so now, the government was able to silence commercial airline pilots if ever they encountered UFOs inflight and do so under a stiff penalty. Many commercial pilots protested but to no avail.

Edited by skyeagle409

my UFO experience, when I was sitting in the school courtyard before our classes had started and slowly watched a trditional 'saucer' glide serenly across the sky, and come back over the courtyard

Just because you don't know what a UFO is or because it is not a 'conventional' aicraft does not mean it's alien. :tu:

These fireball UFOs sound interesting to see.

The fireballs are a cloak for a triangular ship...I saw one come uncloaked..it was amazing.... :yes:

By definition and object or light you see in the sky and can not immediate identify is a UFO.

The majority turn out to be natural objects, optical illusions or aircraft (including some 'secret' test and spy craft). What's left are most likely GLOs / Ball Lightning.