Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does DMT cause alien encounters ?

Isis2200

• 2 months later...

<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#996633--><span style="color:#996633"><!--/coloro--><b><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto-->

One thing I’ve noticed in the past few years is that because of chemicals in our atmosphere, EL Frequencies, other causes or a combination thereof, we have had changes in the seratonin levels of many people. Other physical conditions that are more prevalent nowadays is known to be caused by a lack of another chemical in the brain. Well, there has been some speculation that because of various factors, there has been an increase in the hallucinogen DMT within the brain, and this increase has been causing hallucinations of experiences with alien beings; DMT is made naturally in the brain. Following is an excerpt from Chapter 30 of the book “Hunt for the Skinwalker” by Colm Kelleher, Ph.D., and George Knapp[brackets mine]:

Psychiatrist Rick Strassman has done experiments with DMT and monitored its effects on humans. In one of the few scientific studies of its kind, Strassman studied the effects of injecting DMT into sixty volunteers at the University of New Mexico between 1990 and 1995. Strassman was startled to discover that a large number of his subjects experienced meetings with “alien bengs” and nonhuman intelligences following injections of DMT. The details of these meetings were remarkable consistent among the subjects, though none of these experimental volunteers were allowed to compare notes prior to being interviewed.

To Strassman, the almost identical “hallucinations” experienced by different subjects in their encounters with the “aliens” seem to imply that the subjects experienced some kind of objective reality as a result of the DMT injections. He hypothesized that perhaps DMT was able to open a perceptual doorway into other “dimensions” where the human mind could meet and communicate with the denizens of these realities. In strassman’s words. He stated “I suggest DMT alters the receiving qualities of the brain, an employ a television analogy. Personal healing occurs by an enhancement of ‘contrast and focus’; invisible worlds and entity contact takes place by changing reception of ‘channels’ to include dark matter and parallel universes.”

Strassman speculates that perhaps, under certain circumstances, in certain states, the human brain might increase its levels of endogenous DMT and so make it easier for the “alien abduction” experience to take place. Or could an external agency manipulate the DMT levels in the human brain in order to make journeys to other worlds possible, or alternatively, such that the denizens of other worlds could cross over into ours?[as I mentioned above(in some cases)] Shamans, who apparently have the ability to cross over into other worlds at will, also report having DMT-like experiences.

<a href="http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi" target="_blank">http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi</a>

~ Isis

<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

maybe its a possibility that the chemicals fro mthe dmt triggers a ability in our brains that this other species possibly has somewhere else in the universe and it has caused us to mentally connect with there/ our world an to communicate with them. Kinda like... Astral projection?

I`ll stick with the Spice. "Dune Arakus Desert Planet" My mind becomes the Spice the Spice become my Mind! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I`ll stick with the Spice. "Dune Arakus Desert Planet" My mind becomes the Spice the Spice become my Mind! :rolleyes:

hey... dmt is endogenous and there are many possible correlations re electromagnetic interferences triggering its various affects... kinda like the experiments from persinger... i believe planetary magnetic anomalies play a major role here.... lot of strange stuff from your bigelow along with nids re the utah ranch... anyways....

:P

• 3 weeks later...

hey... dmt is endogenous and there are many possible correlations re electromagnetic interferences triggering its various affects... kinda like the experiments from persinger... i believe planetary magnetic anomalies play a major role here.... lot of strange stuff from your bigelow along with nids re the utah ranch... anyways....

Eh...never heard that before, but it makes sense. Might be why people hallucinate so much around the Devil's and Bermuda triangles as well.

Edited by SpiderCyde

• 3 weeks later...

or maybe DMT is a doorway for regression that some of us are silent victims of alien abductions.

:lol:

I dont believe for a second that DMT is a "radio transmitter" given to us by (?) empowering people to communicate with our gallactic neighbours.

Dont you think that its more likely that DMT causes a dream-like "reality"?

Like wikipedia said... Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a naturally occurring hallucinogenic compound of the tryptamine family. DMT is found not only in several plants,[3] but also in trace amounts in humans and other mammals...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine

Interesting topic. From what I have read on this thread, and through the various links provided, I think that DMT could cause what is commonly understood "hallucinations" that include alien encounters, which of course could be informed by Jungian archetypes such as the reptilian alien types. Such affects by DMT could be activated in areas of the earth that have naturally occurring higher levels of magnetic activity. That is a fairly rational understanding of the affect of DMT upon the human brain . . . now for something completely different . . . I also am intrigued by the idea that DMT is present to serve a purpose as aiding the "soul" (or energy or whatever term you feel comfortable with that represents the "core" of each of us), in arriving upon and leaving this dimension during birth and death. Not that I think that DMT is "radio transmitter" given to us by superior beings as Hazzard stated, but perhaps a means to ease the trauma, or even allow our "soul" to transition from one reality/dimension to another. As mentioned earlier in this thread, many cultures used various "drugs" to help induce a particular altered state of mind for the practitioner, which would then enable that person to enter into other "realms" to communicate with "spirits" or such. In this sense, it is a forced augmentation of the DMT affect which, accepting the transition from one reality/dimension to another, would allow for the "soul" of the practitioner to enter these realms.

I know that that all of this last bit relies on numerous assumptions, of which no solid evidence could ever be provided, but I would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts, keeping in mind that all of this is speculative.

Peace

Dont you think that its more likely that DMT causes a dream-like "reality"?

you mean its not a real experience?

whats your take on project stargate?

Sure its real... to the person thats on it.

and in regards to the stargate question?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Dimethyltryptamine, if anything, can be the source to many paranormal encounters.

its subjective effects can range from short-lived milder psychedelic states to powerful immersive experiences; these are often described as a total loss of connection to conventional reality with the encounter of ineffable spiritual/alien realms

http://en.wikipedia....ethyltryptamine

Edited by DBunker

One thing I've noticed in the past few years is that because of chemicals in our atmosphere, EL Frequencies, other causes or a combination thereof, we have had changes in the seratonin levels of many people. Other physical conditions that are more prevalent nowadays is known to be caused by a lack of another chemical in the brain. Well, there has been some speculation that because of various factors, there has been an increase in the hallucinogen DMT within the brain, and this increase has been causing hallucinations of experiences with alien beings; DMT is made naturally in the brain. Following is an excerpt from Chapter 30 of the book "Hunt for the Skinwalker" by Colm Kelleher, Ph.D., and George Knapp[brackets mine]:

Psychiatrist Rick Strassman has done experiments with DMT and monitored its effects on humans. In one of the few scientific studies of its kind, Strassman studied the effects of injecting DMT into sixty volunteers at the University of New Mexico between 1990 and 1995. Strassman was startled to discover that a large number of his subjects experienced meetings with "alien bengs" and nonhuman intelligences following injections of DMT. The details of these meetings were remarkable consistent among the subjects, though none of these experimental volunteers were allowed to compare notes prior to being interviewed.

To Strassman, the almost identical "hallucinations" experienced by different subjects in their encounters with the "aliens" seem to imply that the subjects experienced some kind of objective reality as a result of the DMT injections. He hypothesized that perhaps DMT was able to open a perceptual doorway into other "dimensions" where the human mind could meet and communicate with the denizens of these realities. In strassman's words. He stated "I suggest DMT alters the receiving qualities of the brain, an employ a television analogy. Personal healing occurs by an enhancement of 'contrast and focus'; invisible worlds and entity contact takes place by changing reception of 'channels' to include dark matter and parallel universes."

Strassman speculates that perhaps, under certain circumstances, in certain states, the human brain might increase its levels of endogenous DMT and so make it easier for the "alien abduction" experience to take place. Or could an external agency manipulate the DMT levels in the human brain in order to make journeys to other worlds possible, or alternatively, such that the denizens of other worlds could cross over into ours?[as I mentioned above(in some cases)] Shamans, who apparently have the ability to cross over into other worlds at will, also report having DMT-like experiences.

http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi

~ Isis

No. Close encounters occur when people meet extra terrestrial visitors. There are many testimonies relating to this from across the world over the last 70 years in particular. DYOR.

No. Close encounters occur when people meet extra terrestrial visitors.

Ok..... What do they call it when people meet the other guys, like ghosts, Bigfoot, Nessie, and the Mothman?

Ok..... What do they call it when people meet the other guys, like ghosts, Bigfoot, Nessie, and the Mothman?

Never studied it. Again a bit of research is called for I would gave thought?

I wonder if they could use DMT to pin point where all the dark matter is in the universe