Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real Encounters

elvismay

Hi guys,

just wanted to let you know that Morgan-Mayes productions has got the

ok to air a new show we are putting together called Real Encounters.

It will focus on probably one State per Season if all goes well. For obvious

reasons, we are starting with Michigan. This is still in pre-production. Show

will be a cross between Sightings and Unsolved Mysteries. Ric Mixter

(award winning documentary film-maker) from http://www.lakefury.com is

set to host the program. The webpage will eventually be a .com address

once the show begin's to air. Will be local cable ( also picked up in WI and Chicago)

for probably first season or 2. Just wanted to give you all a heads up and a

promo website *(which will be uploaded to .com once the time is right)* .

Show will have about three segments a program dealing with ghosts, unsolved murders,

and ufos...and sometimes other things. It will be done in documentary fasion with interviews and actual video footage (when available) . Here is the link to the page

http://home.comcast.net/~real-encounters/

Also check out more about me at http://www.myspace.com/stevemayes

Thx

stv :D

Edited by elvismay

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elvismay

• coldethyl

• jonas16

• Bill Hill

OMG ! :o

i can't Wait for this show tbh.

i remember unsolved mysteries and Strange universe, those shows where amazing.

if its true that this is going to be like one of these shows, this will be the best series of all time.

Nice News man. thx :D

Hi! thank you. Yeah i've got more info on it, but i cant really say too..because the show was orginally set to air in Feb. Now it's March. So i'm just going to stick to the general info for now. People out of the viewing area don't need to worry...unlike most programs...episode clips will be offered online as well as episode transcripts. Soon there will be a mailing list where the first 'however many' to sign up will get sent FREE promo items.

Cya

Stv

I don't know.. been done before. I went to your my space website..not sure, seemed a little odd.

I don't know.. been done before. I went to your my space website..not sure, seemed a little odd.

yeah, well, thanks for saying i'm odd. Sure, it's been done before, but not a state per season...and there's nothing been on 'network' like that for quite a while..which is what

we'll be shooting for. Don't worry i'm sure we'll have stories you never heard before.

:tu:

That's really just my personal myspace..has

nothing to do with the show, except when i do updates.

Edited by elvismay

yeah, well, thanks for saying i'm odd. Sure, it's been done before, but not a state per season...and there's nothing been on 'network' like that for quite a while..which is what

we'll be shooting for. Don't worry i'm sure we'll have stories you never heard before.

:tu:

That's really just my personal myspace..has

nothing to do with the show, except when i do updates.

haha :lol: I'm just kidding. Actually sounds like a good idea :tu:

heh, thanks for the info, sadly I dont think I'll be able to watch this, I'm in Colombia right now and will be for about 9 months, or 6 , cya

Ha ha , that's alright, eventually we'll put it on dvd or something...but that's down the road...but each week we may put up the episode on line as well.

Anyways..i wanted to let you all know more about the show, so i posted my first production video blog! It's online now!

check it out :tu:

stv

Huge webpage update...mailing list is up! Sign up to get the promo items..gotta be one of the first hundred though! Mailing list members get access to exclusive Real Encounters newsletters...your first edition is already waiting :tu:

Stv

Hey guys,...do to the importance of perfection in my work, and some of the complications that have come up...were going to be pushing this back to October of 2007 for air dates.

Also video production blogs will continue..cause we'll still be working hard on the show!

Thanks

stv

just letting you guys know i've updated again. please if you look, sign the guestbook! also it'd be in your interest if your interested in the program to sign up for the newsletter for exclusive info !

stv

Huge webpage update...mailing list is up! Sign up to get the promo items..gotta be one of the first hundred though! Mailing list members get access to exclusive Real Encounters newsletters...your first edition is already waiting :tu:

Stv

I was one of the first 100, what are the promo items? :)

I was one of the first 100, what are the promo items? :)

i know thank you! others should take your lead! Anyways, yeah..i'll probably have to put a note about that up...promo items arn't being sent out until about the time the show airs.

BUT ...you'll be able to watch the creation of the promo items on the video blogs... :alien:

stv :tu:

i know thank you! others should take your lead! Anyways, yeah..i'll probably have to put a note about that up...promo items arn't being sent out until about the time the show airs.

BUT ...you'll be able to watch the creation of the promo items on the video blogs... :alien:

stv :tu:

Looks cool! I like getting email updates. :yes: It does look interesting. I was surprised I actually made it as one of the first 100!

Looks cool! I like getting email updates. :yes: It does look interesting. I was surprised I actually made it as one of the first 100!

dont be surprised, i've only had 4 sign up!

stv

Promo Trailer now up!

It looks really good! Very creepily done!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Elvismay,

You're a hard guy to track down. We received your offer to license the Steve Plunkett track (Different Point of View) on AudioSparx.com for your new series. This is a track from Steve's secret stash of unsigned music, so would be a very rare track to use for your show. Are you still interested? We agree to the offer that you submitted.

Let me know....thanks!

J-man (info@audiosparx.com)

Hi.

J-Man,

yeah i got your email's been quite busy! I love Steve's music and was in charge of picking the theme for our show the 'no brainers' with mckinley productions. http://www.mckinleyproductions.com . However, after talking with the director of the program Dan Taylor...he was not sure he could come up with that amount. He asked me to find another theme, but I still think Steve's would be quite fitting! If you would like to contact Dan himself you can do so on the webpage. Sorry about the mixup, i thought the offer i made was good and was very happy you excepted.

But the music never was going to be for Real Encounters...i was going to try to get back

to you next week.

Stv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome promo! loved the music! And since im paranoid about vids from the internet sometimes I thought a giant monster was gunna pop up screaming making me poopie myself :)