Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Oak Island's treasure on Birch Island ?

UM-Bot

user posted image rYou many have heard about the Da Vinci code, but the Ranville code could be what wolves the longest running treasure hunt in recorded history. Keith Ranville, a First Nations man, has traveled form Winnipeg to Nova Scotia in hopes of unlocking the secret codes on Oak Island. He says he has done so by re-translating one of the stones found on the island over 200 years ago. The Oak Island Tourism Society confirms that the stone in question was first found in 1803 by the Onslow Company. Found 90 feet down the Money Pit, the stone was believed to be two feet long and 15 inches wide, weighing approximately 175 lb. Since that time, it has been said that the inscription on the stone read “forty feet below two million pounds are buried,” as translated by James Leitchi, a professor of languages at Dalhousie University. Some researchers have questioned this translation as Mr. Leitchi was involved in a treasure hunting company trying to sell stocks. Today, the actual stone is lost. It was used as a hearthstone in two homes on Oak Islanad, but it was moved to a Halifax store front where it went missing when the building was torn down. Its last known location was round the Centennial Pool area. Mr. Ranville used pictures of the stone to decipher its series of shapes, lines and dots to reveal a new translation that reads more like a map. “I’ve brought some new stuff to the table,” he says, adding that the stone’s etchings could be used to figure out the mystery of Oak Island. By his translation, much of the digging in the Money Pit area has been a waste of time and money. “I believe the pit wasn’t meant to go beyond 100 feet,” he says.

“I believe it wasn’t meant to go beyond these symbols.” If one were to take Mr. Ranville’s code and follow it, it would lead you off Oak Island the site of all the treasure hunting for the past 211 years, under the water of the bay and onto the neighbouring Birch Island via man-made shafts. “The instructions at the bottom of the pit tell you about where and how to locate these shafts and I believe they’re in Mahone Bay,” he says. Mr. Ranville believes the two islands are connected by these shafts. He said that aerial shots of Birch Island prove the island has been touched by human hands. These aerial shots of the 16-acre Birch Island do show a large triangle which takes up a good portion of the island landscape. “What I want to do is investigate this island where I think these symbols lead to,” he says. Mr. Ranville has contacted the owner, Christopher Ondaatje, to inquire about doing some soil testing and exploring on the island. In addition to being the home of the famous treasure, Mr. Ranville believes Birch Island may also be an ancient burial site ofr those who were involved in the original treasure hiding scheme. “This is a significant Nova Scotia heritage discovery and that is Canada’s national treasure brought here for our guardianship long before Canada was established,” he says. “We should respect the civilization that is responsible for the makings of these structures. “They were a very unique culture and may hold the secret to many ancient structures.” Although he doesn’t know who actually buried the treasure, Mr. Ranville believes Oak Island and Birch Island need to be protected from further change to unlock their true history.

Source: E-Mail press release

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oakster

• UM-Bot

• Robert1

• liokee

I doubt very much that there is treasure on either Oak island or Birch Island. People

should stop wasting time and money looking for a fiction. If they cared at all for any

of these places, they'd leave them alone.

People have died, trying to figure out the 'Money Pit' on Oak Island. It's what's generally classified as "a fool's errand".

• 1 month later...

Lost Treasure Magazine

April 2007 Edition

Oak Island Update! – Cree Code Breaker Challenges 140-Year Old Cipher

MAHONE BAY, Nova Scotia –The enigma of Oak Island has been called one of the greatest archaeological and engineering achievements of mankind. Often referred to as Canada’s best-known unsolved mystery, Oak Island proudly boasts it’s title for hosting the site of the World’s longest treasure hunt in recorded history. Now in its 212th year this 10 million dollar project that has selfishly taken the lives of six young men is no closer to being solved than it was in 1795 when three teen boys discovered a shaft here and began digging for what they believed to be pirate treasure! The boys excavated down to the 30-foot mark, exhausted and unable to continue they realized the dig would be a much larger effort then they first imagined. What the boys found as they dug convinced all three that they had indeed discovered a man-made vertical shaft of sound engineering. Their only conclusion was that it had been built to hide an enormous treasure. Knowing that a proper excavation required equipment, animals and manpower the boys set out to find investment capital. It took years but they did find an investor with whom they became the founders of the Onslow Company, the first of many treasure recovery companies that would come and go on Oak Island. To date the cost of this intoxicating treasure hunt has far exceeded ten million dollars and consigned six sturdy treasure hunters to an early grave.

Now for the first time since the 1860’s one man has come forward to challenge the translation of a cryptic message found etched into a stone that was discovered at the 90-foot mark in the original shaft in 1803 by the Onslow Company. The stone vanished about 1900 and no known image or text was preserved showing the cryptic message. However a Mahone Bay school teacher in 1909 claimed to have copied the two line, forty-character coded text directly from the stone hoping that he could break the code himself. He provided the only image of the codex known to exist stating the code was a simple letter-for-cipher that was accurately translated by Professor James Leitchi, a professor of languages at Dalhouse University in 1860’s. Leitchi’s translation reads… “Forty feet below two million pounds are buried.” Although Leitchi’s translation has never been directly challenged it has always been suspicious since a business relationship is known to have existed between Leitchi and the Oak Island Association, the 1860’s recovery company.

Recently Keith Ranville, a Cree First Nations researcher announced his challenge of Leitchi’s translation stating… “Birch Island holds the secret to the meaning of the construction on Oak Island. According to the Lunenburg Progress Enterprise, Ranville claims that Leitchi’s method to break the code was flawed, citing that his translation using the First Nations tradition sees the codex as individual abstract symbols that were never intended to be translated into a single message. Using Ranville’s method to decipher the code, which reads more like a map, Oak Island is directly linked to its sister island, nearby Birch Island by underwater man-made shafts. He cites the repeated use of the triangle from the original inscription and points to the large triangle that he discovered on Birch Island, which is only visible from the air. The triangle on the 16-acre Birch Island takes up much of the Island, which Ranville believes is also the ancient burial grounds for those who were involved with the complex construction found on Oak Island.

Ranville’s work offers a completely different approach to solving the Oak Island mystery. Traveling across Canada Ranville has presented his findings to a number of scholars and groups many of whom have supported his work in principal. He has been interviewed on radio programs and his currently looking for funding to help pursue his research further. Those supporting Ranville’s research include mining engineer, Steve Zou, P.Eng.,PH.D, the Bear River First Nation of Nova Scotia, the Sault Ste. Marie Museum. To learn more you can log on to Ranville’s web site at. http://kr.mendhak.com

Sources-

Heyl, Larry, Lincoln Engraving Mystery Unsolved, Delta Boogie, http://www.deltaboogie.com/features/mystery/

Several interviews with Sue Mathes from September through December, 2006

Zinck, Angie, Is Oak Island’s treasure really on Birch Island, Lunenburg Progress Enterprise, October 18, 2006

Correspondence with Keith Ranville during December, 2006

The news article that is scheduled to run in

The April, 2007 issue of Lost Treasure magazine.

As I recall, the money pit supposedly holds the treasure of Black Beard the Pirate. And furthermore, within the possessions is believed to be a special relic.

What sort of pirate crew, having just spent months at sea fighting warships, eating crackers, drinking moldy water, would just stand by and watch their captain bury their profits on some island somewhere?

• 1 month later...

Prince Henry Sinclair’s voyage to the America’s

As I was touring around Nova Scotia I inquired to Native elders about Oak Island and its heritage, I also asked questions about a mythical giant called glooscap; Could the Micmac people story telling of glooscap be misinterpreted over time and mean Gooscap? Gooscap is another meaning for Prince Henry Sinclair, the Micmac people had no known written text, and most stories of their heritage were handed down through generations of story telling over time. Most Micmac texts are in pictograms and are on stone inscriptions and seem pre-Columbian.

http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/m...s/glooscap.html

If this theory is possible then this may be a different understanding’ that the Europeans arrived to the America’s at an earlier date then what was believed?

(Theory)

The Birch Island’s triangle may be Pre-Columbian and maybe much older than the Money pit? One other symbol that the Micmac explain the meaning of; triangle that means God' in Micmac tradition translations, that I think that it is in relation to the meaning of the Birch Island triangle and what the triangle may represent? After all Oak Island or Mahone Bay is in the Back yard of the Micmac People, it would be hard for the Micmac people to not know what was going on’ in a area where such a large complexed operation took place, or let alone of them to be possibly involved in this Oak Island treasure Mystery?

New Research:

Oak Island Treasure Hunter/Researcher

Keith Ranville & Sinclair Heritage

http://kr.mendhak.com

• 5 months later...

OAK ISLAND TEMPLAR TREASURE TRIANGLE

DIAGRAMS

linked-image

INVESTIGATION

The secrets are unravelling with this Oak Island treasure mystery it is evident that this mystery is about triangles and right angles. Right angle square and compass are the basic tools of the Great builders of ancient structures and the Freemasons used these instruments in their rituals basically these tools were instrumental for me in creating this Oak Island triangle theory.

Oak Island information will soon solve this mystery but Birch Island holds the secrets to this incredible treasure mystery. These mysterious symbols and many more secrets I behold about this famous treasure mystery will eventually solve this enigma.

WELL DOCUMENTED OAK ISLAND STONE TRIANGLE Blue Print Up-Date

LOGICAL EXPLANATION

linked-image

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/texts/oak_island/oak_island05.html

OAK ISLAND STONE TRIANGLE NEW INFORMATION AND WHAT ITS MEANS

INTERPRETATION

The Oak Island stone triangle found south of the money pit was miss-interpreted, it was believed to be pointing north. This stone triangle and its northern point is center of a pyramid diagram and aligns in a different direction other than the dividing south/north stone line through the stone triangle. This stone triangle is a blue print for a much grander structure made by the original builders of this Oak Island set up, these are all concept clues from my across Canada travel journals exclusive for friendly viewers only.

linked-image

linked-image

***RIGHT ANGLES, INVERTED TRIANGLES***

linked-image

Oak Island's stone tablets descriptive inscriptions found in the Money pit in 1803 with inverted triangles

FAMOUS BIRCH ISLAND TREASURE TRIANGLE

linked-image

link GOOGLE MAP BIRCH ISLAND TRIANGLE ZOOM VIEW

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=k&am...003616&z=18

REVELATION

Birch Island as seen from above it has a symbolic triangle carved into its landscape. By describing the beach area on the north side of this triangle there seems to be some work activity done to it in the past to the beach area it is discoloured from the rest of the contours of Birch Islands beach areas. The water depth is unusually deep at the right angle of the triangle beach area it's obvious that this is a artificial Beach just by a visual observation.

linked-image

http://www.mythandmystery.com/oakisland/ph...d_flagstone.htm

MY CIPHERS

The Oak Island symbols that has triangles co-relates to the well documented Oak Island stone triangle, finally the newly discovered Birch Island triangle seems to be a viable connection to Oak Island with this triangle theory of mine. The evidence supports the claim that the Oak Island treasure is in the Birch Island's triangle. The Oak Island stone triangle is the blue print of the Birch Island triangle the famous triangle that I discovered that is recieving attention world wide.

Oak Island's Treasure Hunter/Researcher

Sincerely

Keith Ranville

http://www.canadaka.net/blog/oakster

• 2 weeks later...

OAK ISLAND STONE TRANGLE AT 19.5 DEGREES

linked-image

Oak Island Decipherment news

Recently I have been disclosing Oak Island research information from my personal across Canada expedition. The Oak Island stone triangle was always thought to me to be the key to solving this treasure mystery, the triangles dividing stone line through the off center Oak Island stone triangle was direction north/south, my decipherment of this mysterious triangle was based on 19.5 degrees north to west from the bottom of the stone line at the circular bottom of this stone triangle.

The mystic designers of this Oak Island set up, purposely left this stone triangle un-finished as a message for reasons of lessons to be learned. Understanding this Oak Island mystery has been quite the task, this stone triangle was missing one equation and that was 19.5 give or take because the triangle was aligned with stones so accuracy varied never the less I began at 19.5 and I believe it has some significance to the triangle pyramid theory I developed. The stone triangle that was thought to be aligned north/south it's really aligned 19.5 north/west according to my decipherment of the stone triangle.

linked-image

Conspiracies

19.5 degrees has been associated with many world mysteries, could Oak Island hold the answer to these unsolved mysteries, the planets in our solar system have significant energy anomaly spots in the area of 19.5 degrees even here on earth certain areas around 19.5 degrees are somewhat dormant/active volcanic area’s, it is also believed the Mars Pathfinder landed at 19.5 degrees latitude on Mars on July 4,'1997.

The jury is still out weather there is formations on mars at 19.5 degrees or not but I am open to all possibilities when it comes to mysteries because I am investigating a mystery but I am keeping things down to earth for now because this is where the answers are. This 19.5 degrees seems to be a energy area point around the world and to some planets in our solar system, the makers of this well documented Oak Island stone triangle may have very well have known the secrets to the these planetary energy anomaly, this Oak Island mystery is much bigger than a physical treasure it’s more like a treasure tree of knowledge my quest to solve this mystery is branching out towards the true nature of what this mystery is all about.

Birch Island Treasure Triangle holds the secrets to our universe

Sincere thanks

Indedendent Oak Island

Treasure Hunter/Researcher

Keith Ranville

http://www.canadaka.net/blog/oakster

http://www.mythandmystery.com/oakisland/keith_ranville.htm

• 2 months later...

linked-image

-Treasure News Up-date-

In 1970 a 400 foot long dam was built around Oak Island’s Smiths Cove, an original dam was inside the 1970’s dam. The original mysterious excavators of the Money pit built the original dam to prevent water seeping into the money pit while it was under construction. Evidence found in Smiths Cove determines there was underwater construction constructed there at one time or another, some un-known experts believe that this was a ancient wharf but this was a in-conclusive investigation.

If the Smiths cove dam was to stop water from leaking inland into the flood tunnels beneath Oak Island, then there must be a similar shaft tunnel in the Birch Island triangle, in the inscriptions on the money pit stone found at the 90-foot level distinctly point to the right angle of a triangle. The Birch Island triangles right angle has a similar artificial beach as to the Smiths Cove Beach area; if these two-beach areas are built by the same original builders then they were built for the same purposes. There is visual evidence that shows that there was an ancient flood dam built around the right angle of the Birch Island triangle.

Since these two beach areas are similar, then flood tunnels run the same depth to the 100-feet level under the Islands, we know this because by the excavations of the Money pit. So what’s ever is in the Birch Island triangle probably goes to the100 ft depth and it has surface shafts inland that more than likely surfaces out of the triangle.

linked-image

The Oak Island Money pit was meant to only go down to 100 feet only, the inscriptions on the tablet that was found at the 90-foot level’ was engineering instructions. The triangle symbols on the Money pit inscriptions represented the Birch Island triangle.

http://kr-mendhak-com.bloghi.com/

linked-image

UP TO DATE CANADIAN EXCLUSIVE OAK ISLAND MONEY PIT TREASURE MYSTERY TREASURE HUNTING NEWS/RESEARCH/DISCOVERIES/THEORIES

http://oakislandmoneypitblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OAK ISLAND UNEXPLAINED PHENOMENA

linked-image

X is a man with a hook Y is a girl

TWO FACES FOUND IN THE SKULL FACE IMAGE \VIEW SIDE-WAYS

Inside the skull head image on the skull stone, there is two images of a guy and a girl. The guy has a hook for a hand and it looks like he is scratching his head with his hook the girl is next to him it appears to me' that they are a item. Cont.. http://oakislandmoneypitblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

linked-image

IMAGES FOUND ON THE OAK ISLAND SKULL STONE IN THE CENTER OF THE BOULDER CROSS

UP TO DATE LEADING CANADIAN EXCLUSIVE OAK ISLAND MONEY PIT TREASURE MYSTERY TREASURE HUNTING NEWS/RESEARCH/DISCOVERIES/THEORIES

• 1 month later...

MAYA OAK ISLAND

linked-image

The Oak Island stone triangle points north with a dividing stone line through it' directional straight up to the money pit. For some reason the stone triangle also pointed seven degrees west of the money pit, I believe this seven degrees off was because the stone triangle could line up with the two drilled stones at a right angle' the drilled stones were found north and north east of the money pit. CONT.... http://oakislandtreasurenewsarchives.blogspot.com/

linked-image

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/texts/oak_island/oak_island05.html

UP TO DATE LEADING CANADIAN EXCLUSIVE OAK ISLAND MONEY PIT TREASURE MYSTERY TREASURE HUNTING NEWS/RESEARCH/DISCOVERIES/THEORIES

Edited by oakster

• 4 weeks later...

linked-image

OAK ISLAND MANIFESTO

Mid Summer 2005 First Nations Keith Ranville set out from his Vancouver home to investigate a at the time a Oak Island's diminishing place of interest. But a new Oak Island begining emerged through Keith's traveling research studies a simple unencrypted solution was generated to resolve this now 213 year-old elaborate treasure mystery. The close examination of Oak Island clues proclaimed a interesting triangle theory' in-which was instrumental in locating the core to understanding and reviving the Oak Island treasure mystery.

linked-image

Oak Island's neighboring Birch Island perceives a obvious impression of a large incise triangle' shaped into the earth' obscured from ground view. Google Satellite is the best way to view the Birch Island triangle. Cont... http://oakislandtreasurenewsarchives.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...

linked-image

"ALTERNATIVE PERCEPTIONS MAGAZINE"

CREE CODE BREAKER AND THE OAK ISLAND MYSTERY

Keith Ranville of Vancouver, British Columbia, is a Cree Indian who was born in Winnipeg. Keith has brought a new perspective to the legendary Oak Island mystery of Nova Scotia’s Mahone Bay area, and it’s probably about time

http://oakislandtreasurenewsarchives.blogs...s-magazine.html

LOST TREASURE MAGAZINE Cree Code Breaker Challenges 140-Year Old Cipher–The enigma of Oak Island has been called one of the greatest archaeological and engineering achievements of mankind. Often referred to as Canada’s best-known unsolved mystery, Oak Island proudly boasts it’s title for hosting the site of the World’s longest treasure hunt in recorded history.

http://oakislandtreasurenewsarchives.blogs...oak-island.html

Cree Native translates ancient stone as a Da Vinci treasure map

By Angie Zinck- Lunenburg Progress Enterprise - October 18, 2006

WESTERN SHORE- Nova Scotia

http://oakislandtreasurenewsarchives.blogs...s-canadian.html

NEW READING OF MYSTERIOUS OAK ISLAND INSCRIPTION

Theory points to possible connection with nearby Birch Island

HALIFAX, Nova Scotia: Wednesday, 11th, 2007

http://oakislandtreasurenewsarchives.blogs...ian-native.html

Oak Island First Nations Radio Interviews

The World today With Gord MacDonald

CKNW AM 980 Vancouver, Interview about The Oak Island Treasure Mystery

http://www.cknw.com/

CKBW, 98.1 FM Radio in Nova Scotia

Keith's radio Interview October 15th 2006 on CKBW, 98.1 FM in Nova Scotia. He appeared on South Shore Sunday Morning with host, Sheldon Macleod. To listen to the interview about Oak Island's buried treasure, click the link below. http://www.mythandmystery.com/oakisland/ke...o_interview.htm

Errie Radio Keith Ranville casually chats with his new friends radio jockeys DK & Fizz about Oak Island and it’s Mystery including conversations about theories on the Money pit and it’s connection to the famous Birch Island Triangle. Mp3 http://www.mythandmystery.com/oakisland/ee..._episode_14.htm

XZONE RADIO SHOW- I would like to invite Keith Ranville, to be my guest on, Monday, May 21 2007, 10 pm – 11 pm Eastern to talk about “Oak Island Story.” http://www.mythandmystery.com/oakisland/ee..._episode_14.htm

FIRST NATIONS OAK ISLAND THEORIES/NEWS MEDIA /RESEARCH/

SOURCES http://oakislandtreasurenewsarchives.blogspot.com/ http://oakislandmoneypitblogspotcom.blogspot.com/[/color]

• 4 weeks later...

"MAYA TEMPLE IN ROSSLYN CHAPEL"

linked-image

linked-image

Oak IslandTreasure News

Dan Browns "Da Vinci code" continue's to Mayan civilization, Keith Ranville's Rosslyn chapel research gives a updated clue of a Mayan temple depicted in Rosslyn's Chapel's mason art. Rosslyn's new world corn, beneath the Corn a Maya ruin in the Rosslyn chapel.

linked-image

Keith Ranville ''Corn and aloe are prominent plants in the new world all but one Rosslyn plant images was imported by the European explorers to the new world. With these Rosslyn plant clues I searched for more possible clues in the meso civilizations, Mayan architectural art and block writing gave some indication that there maybe a relation in art and block writing. My Discovery of a Maya temple in the Rosslyn chapel gave futher indication of Sinclair-Maya connection. This depiction of a Maya temple in the Rosslyn church is a remarkable discovery, this gives the Sinclair new world expedition a lot more exploration credit than realized by scholars. The Rosslyn Maya temple is a significant discovery for New World history".

Source

MAYAN ROSSLYN OAK ISLAND CONNECTION

CANADIAN

First Nations/Sinclair Heritage

Treasure Hunter/Researcher

Keith Ranville

Contact

keith_ranville@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

linked-image

The Oak Island heart shaped stone is a ancient tool otherwise a mallet head perhaps a pick-axe used to construct the money pit. The Handle was grooved to attach to the wedged stone? Then wrapped with material available twine/leather.

The builders of the money pit had simple ancient tools this is a clue of the culture responsible for the Oak Island mystery.

FIRST NATIONS OAK ISLAND THEORIES/NEWS/ MEDIA /RESEARCH/SOURCES

http://oakislandtreasurenewsarchives.blogspot.com/ http://oakislandmoneypitblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

Keith Ranville

Pavot Book here sorry and end does drift off topic of Oak Island, sorry, I am long Winded as well and thinker out side of the box...

It is one huge and very elaborate engineering feat to say the least of it and it took one or many combine brilliant minded thinkers to plan it out and to organize it and see it through, And I think it is even far more elaborate then what is known as of yet, it ether took a very long time season willing or it was excavated by a lot of people, my theory upon the dead Body -->(Bodies ?) and severed hand--> (hands ?) if as follow, wasn’t there a mention in some piratical about the Practice of Pirates cutting off the hands of treasure burring (Employees) Slaves, why the hands, I mean why not just a musket ball or shovel to the head, I mean what use is a One handed sailor… And my other though pondered here is, so if this a ledged severed Hand and this Body was in fact down in this underground tunnel/cave/1795 and the 1800’s was a long time ago and bodies decompose very fast, especially when there is dank earth and even faster when there is sea water, the time lines just don’t Jive with the decomposing of human bodies, maybe if it was in the Sahara Desert of Egypt or an arid dry region but there are worms and there are other of natures creatures down there…

No if there really was a Hand and a Body then there is more to that than what is being told, Maybe there have been other Treasure Seeker to the Island them that the Owners of the Island and Money Pit knew of or did they? It is Accesable just off the main land this Island so close in fact they created a way to drive heavy equipment accros to the island and it could not have been well guarded it is too treed and too un populated although small and privately owned or maybe they did know of Bodies down there and that’s why the film footage is hushed as not publically shown… there are always a lot of question to be asked in Treasure seeking, and then most usually it’s not answers but for more question to be asked and on, only if there is a Archeological excavation are there more likely definite and accurate answers, but as it stands upon Oak Island and in other Treasure in searching, people don’t want others poking about their pipe dreams, case in point, the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine in Arizona, yes people die there in searching and yes because of Nature and the hash environmental conditions but more so I am willing to bet due to the Human Greed Factor… There was a Man here that spent his entire life researching traveling about and tracking down claims of buried catches of gold and treasures, well he found one, and then he was on the trail of another and had it narrowed down real close, I belief he found it but he was found murdered and I believe there are those that sit back in surveillance and pray upon the finders, it has been that way all through time…that’s what Gold fever will get yah and that’s what the Human Greed factor is all about both ends of the spectrum of Greed… heck today they are robbing each other over Gasoline, they are even steel frying oil from the restaurants now because its Bio Fuel and worth a lot of money…crazy world out there man and just keeps on getting crazier every day…Pavot

I copied here my same posting I just placed upon the other Oak Island thread, as I am not sure if they merged here or what, but both pertain to Oak Island and the treasure said within...Pavot

Edited by Pavot