Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House slams Kerry for Iraq remarks

__Kratos__

Kerry should be ashamed of himself! :angry2:

Actually wasn't the comment supposed to be a slander on Bush and just got mangled in the delivery?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Cinders

• Avinash_Tyagi

• Unlimited

Actually wasn't the comment supposed to be a slander on Bush and just got mangled in the delivery?

yea.. but it was still stupid of Kerry to say it.. the way he said it. Kratos is right.. the guy could have said BUSH in his statement. I understand what he meant NOW after having to research on it before I sent a rant letter to him.

I still would like to.. but I am sick of wasting my time with these Dem's and Republican's anymore.

But then again, there is that saying that some might understand.. "For every one complaint HEARD, there are at least ten that go unheard."

hmmm.. maybe I should .. so many of us don't take the time to be heard.

Nope.

Even hear for yourself... He's talking to college students...

I'm sure the troops feel real great about a public office figure calling them all idiots. :angry:

I found this video from Mr Kerry in response to all this..

user posted image

Kerry's response video heard here

Main website found here:

http://www.johnkerry.com/

I still sent him my no-nothing rant email to him: Letting him know I voted for him in 2004 as he was the "least worst" president choice that year. Letting him know my son-in-law like Pat Tillman and many men and women joined because of 9/11 but NOT to join to FIX what America broke.

Letting him know that once what UNITED us after 9/11, is now what is dividing us 5 years later and America is now facing an UGLY midterm election.

And ended with asking him to "Please help America - don't cause it more pain than what we are already dealing with!"

Edited by Cinders

Kerry stands by 'yes' vote on Iraq war

Kerry is just a piece of filth that just insulted all our troops.

Alot has happened since this Aug 2004 article Kratos

I'm not trying to defend Kerry.. but you gotta' admit, this war in Iraq is the biggest mistake and LIE America has been involved in since Vietnam. If anyone should apologize it is BUSH, CHENEY & Rumsfeld. And even Colin Powell - after all.. during the speeches in the UN and broadcast in the USA, MANY did NOT want to hear Bush but preferred hearing things from Powell -- many TRUSTED HIM before we invaded Iraq.

Not only is Iraq a disaster with this administration, but other things like how they handled Katrina.

Kratos, I see your point.. very clearly.

My point is they ALL suck pond water.. *sigh*

Edited by Cinders

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

This is true I would'nt certainly apologize for it.

Those who are poor and uneducated are recruited more then not. It is a known fact the military recruiters also specifically target these people as well.

Kerry was merely pointing out how sleezy the recruitment process is. Michael Moore had also covered this in Farenheit 911. In which he had followed around a couple of recruiters in Flint Michigan. These two recruiters specifically targeted poor neighborhoods.

This is true I would'nt certainly apologize for it.

Those who are poor and uneducated are recruited more then not. It is a known fact the military recruiters also specifically target these people as well.

Kerry was merely pointing out how sleezy the recruitment process is. Michael Moore had also covered this in Farenheit 911. In which he had followed around a couple of recruiters in Flint Michigan. These two recruiters specifically targeted poor neighborhoods.

Military recruiters have the pain staking job of having entire lists handed to them and calling them all regardless of wealth. Have you ever been in a recruiters office? They just don't have a list of the poor or uneducated... :rolleyes:

There is a clip, I took a quick look could not find it. Anyhow Bush is giving a speech to a group of college students and says something like this.

If I can have a c average and become president what does that tell you. Not an exact quote but does that not insult everyone in politics? and everyone who voted for him?

Edited by The Silver Thong

There is a clip, I took a quick look could not find it. Anyhow Bush is giving a speech to a group of college students and says something like this.

If I can have a c average and become president what does that tell you. Not an exact quote but does that not insult everyone in politics? and everyone who voted for him?

No, it doesn't. It's common practice to poke at people in politics. Not everybody who voted for him either because well, they knew and still voted for him. You don't need straight A's to be president at all... You just need good ideas and the majority of people to think you're right for the job. Bush is saying anybody can be president if they try. Kerry is saying you're an idiot for being in the military. BIG difference. <_<

Now to simply call everbody in the military that serve, even more so those that are under fire as we speak right now as stupid, morons, idiots and such... Is just plain out disprespectful and disgraceful. Kerry really ought to be ashamed for ripping on the soldiers.

Kerry's quote was not a slam on the troops; it was a slam on the educational system and the unbalanced class system of the united states.

The more affluent rarely have to consider the military as their only option. They have the money to live comfortably and to persue higher education if they like. But the lower classes dont have all of the same benefits and opportunities as the rich. The education system is unfairly slanted toward upper class schools. Its hard to get as good an education in an inner city school as in, say, a private academy. And if you dont have a good education, you cant expect to get a good job. And without a good job, you cant afford to live above the poverty line. And given that, for most people, being homeless isnt an acceptable option when making a life plan, that leaves the military as the only other viable alternative.

There is nothing wrong with a career in the military. But if you dont WANT a career in the military, if you want more OPTIONS for your future, he is saying you need a good education.

Bush's "no child left behind" initiative seems to be talking less about being left behind in the classroom and more about being left behind from deployment sites.

Kerry's quote was not a slam on the troops; it was a slam on the educational system and the unbalanced class system of the united states.

No, it isn't.

Kerry's aide says it was a managed quote against Bush.

The GOP and well everybody really with a brain who heard him talking to college students thinks it was against the troops.

Those are the options. Kerry faulted up with the Dems today, and it will reflect badly against him for trashing our soldiers. It's a disgraceful thing to rip on those that serve. Any idiot will tell you that. ;)

No, it doesn't. It's common practice to poke at people in politics. Not everybody who voted for him either because well, they knew and still voted for him. You don't need straight A's to be president at all... You just need good ideas and the majority of people to think you're right for the job. Bush is saying anybody can be president if they try. Kerry is saying you're an idiot for being in the military. BIG difference. <_<

Now to simply call everbody in the military that serve, even more so those that are under fire as we speak right now as stupid, morons, idiots and such... Is just plain out disprespectful and disgraceful. Kerry really ought to be ashamed for ripping on the soldiers.

Could you not say the same about Kerry? Since he did actually serve and went to Vietnam that he may have been doing the same, as you say bush was? Or Do you think Kerry went over and served his country in, I think it was three tours of duty. To come back run for President and then bash the military that he so proudly served?

Or should we look at Bush's little stint in the national gaurd were he was refered to as a chicken hawk and went a-wall :P Hence Geoege Bush is more of an insult to his duty to America then Kerry is!! and should be looked apone as someone who doesn't know what war is or even the fact that he know's what it's implications are!!!

If John Kerry says stay in school to stay out of the army whats wrong with that !!!! It's not Kerry's policy to recruit kids off the street now is it ? I see him trying to promote a stronger country from the inside and not the outside, if you know what I mean. Damn The kids signing up today aren't even out of high school yet.

Stay in school kids, damn rights!

Could you not say the same about Kerry? Since he did actually serve and went to Vietnam that he may have been doing the same, as you say bush was? Or Do you think Kerry went over and served his country in, I think it was three tours of duty. To come back run for President and then bash the military that he so proudly served?

So proudly served that he threw his medals down in protest and was greatly anti-war? Yes. I'm sure he proudly served and that's what's made him hate our soldiers so much.

It doesn't matter that he served, he turned and turned against them... He's already said our soldiers are going after children, and what he said during Vietnam... Then you have the repeating motion today... It's a disgrace... He's called all our soldiers stupid.

"You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq," he said.

this would make sense as a Bush insult IF Bush hadn't scored similar marks to that of Kerry in College.

So either Kerry is a complete idiot like Bush and fails to realise it, or he's backpedalling from implying the armed forces are full of uneducated simpletons.

So proudly served that he threw his medals down in protest and was greatly anti-war? Yes. I'm sure he proudly served and that's what's made him hate our soldiers so much.

It doesn't matter that he served, he turned and turned against them... He's already said our soldiers are going after children, and what he said during Vietnam... Then you have the repeating motion today... It's a disgrace... He's called all our soldiers stupid.

Tell me Kratos how many soldiers are in Iraq right now with a college education?? compared those who do not have one? I would like to see that answer. I am talking noncom's and ground troops. Not troops who may have recieved a diploma over the internet, nor troops that were educated through the military, nor the GED that some recieve while in training.

I'm sure the reason for kerry to protest war is because he has seen it first hand instead of just on t.v. and a general at the head of the table saying " yes Mr. President the air strike was a complete success" blah blah. I commend Kerry on his reluctance to war :tu: I'm sure he feels as many and I mean of us do, that the war in Iraq is a war that should not have been fought, just as in Vietnam !!!!

He did not turn away from the men on the ground, but the people who put them there. You know that he would not on purpose degrade the ground troops. He was one of them and he "threw" down his medals as a form of protest, not to degrade the troops but to tell them, this is not right!!!

Stay in school kids :tu:

Tell me Kratos how many soldiers are in Iraq right now with a college education?? compared those who do not have one? I would like to see that answer.

Does it really matter? Doesn't mean they're not stupid. A lot of Americans dont' have colledge education.

I find it disgusting you're trying to defend the point that our troops are stupid. Go fly a kite, silver.

Come on, people. Youre actually saying that in this age we live in, where anyone who even slightly disagrees with the Presidency is labeled a traitor and somehow "hates the troops", and in an age where, agree with the war or not, NO ONE has even hinted that they dont support the troops, a man who was in fact A TROOP HIMSELF and still holds political aspirations would come out and say something blatantly anti-troop?

If you dont like John Kerry, thats fine; hes kind of a zombie anyway. But dont try to claim that you dont understand his words for what they were, and not what his opponants want you to think they are.

'Soulless' Kerry Lacks Honor, Patriotism

As a member of what John Kerry called in 1971 an Army like that of “Genghis Khan,” I wasn’t surprised by his comments that our troops in Iraq were those “stuck there” because of bad educational performance.

It is a fitting sequel to his claims, as recently as last spring, that our soldiers “were terrorizing women and children” in the dead of night, and as long ago as his many statements in the early 1970s that we were murderers and rapists.

How can one expect any understanding of duty, honor or country out of a person so soulless as to repeatedly switch sides on his comrades—out of a person who seeks to win an election while losing a war by falsely claiming our soldiers are academic failures robotically committing war crimes?

Kerry—refusing today to apologize, as in 1971 and 2004—has stated this was just a misfired joke. But it was not a joke to the Pennsylvania mother with two sons in the Marines in Iraq (who both volunteered with MBAs and far higher grades than C-student Kerry) who just called me crying. Nor was it a joke to millions of us who listened to our maimed and dead friends described by Kerry in 1971 as an army of rapists and murderers.

To a self-consumed creature like John Kerry, who has providentially married two of the wealthiest women in the world, even love is too hard an emotion to understand—much less loyalty, honor, patriotism and the other virtues that cause brave souls to dare all and to risk all, including their lives, for their friends and their nation.

More tragic for our nation than Kerry’s slurs are the failure of the Democratic Party to condemn his words. This was once the party of Harry Truman and Franklin Roosevelt. It is now the party of unapologetic self-consumed hedonism.

Winston Churchill spoke long ago in the 1930s of the time of “locusts” who consumed honor and patriotism, leaving England undefended. John Kerry is truly one of those locusts in a party of locusts consuming the honor and sacrifice of better men to seek political victory while leaving our nation grievously exposed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this would make sense as a Bush insult IF Bush hadn't scored similar marks to that of Kerry in College.

So either Kerry is a complete idiot like Bush and fails to realise it, or he's backpedalling from implying the armed forces are full of uneducated simpletons.

Do you have an argument that this is not the case? Maybe the military is picking from the so called "bottom of the barrel" Maybe befor these kids get a real chance to choose the choice no is there's.

As Shadamaun stated.

"The more affluent rarely have to consider the military as their only option. They have the money to live comfortably and to persue higher education if they like. But the lower classes dont have all of the same benefits and opportunities as the rich. The education system is unfairly slanted toward upper class schools."

Does it really matter? Doesn't mean they're not stupid. A lot of Americans dont' have colledge education.

I find it disgusting you're trying to defend the point that our troops are stupid. Go fly a kite, silver.

Ummm you might want to go back and fix this point

"Does it really matter? Doesn't mean they're not stupid"

Kratos I am not saying they are stupid by anymeans what so ever !! There is a huge difference when it comes to street smarts and book smarts, no doubt about it. What I'm trying to say is that a kid in college will not turn to the military as often as a kid out of high school wondering what WTF am I going to do with my life because he does not have that opportunity. I'm not saying he's dumb so get off that k !

I know the military is stacked with talent from all over the board. So does Kerry ! The grunts being recruited today have not had much of a choice except the chance to travel and maybe!!!! a free education if they join.

I think the American military is a well for lack of a better word amazing. Hell the internet that we talk on right now was developed by the U.S. military and it's changed the world !!!

The argument is are these kids getting a fair shake when they join? Most join because of the education they "may" get but never do. I think that is the argument and not "is the u.s. military "stupid".

I know the military is stacked with talent from all over the board. So does Kerry !

He sure finds a funny way of showing it by calling them all basically idiots. :rolleyes:

Hes not calling them idiots! He is saying if you want to have the option to take your intelligence elsewhere, continue your education. You can still be smart in the military. But if you have no other place to go, you have no idea what else you can accomplish.

Meh, he should have just said he misspoke and that he didn't mean to insult the soldiers and have been done with it, that way the Republicans wouldn't have been able to complain

that way the Republicans wouldn't have been able to complain

Tee hee. Thats so cute... :rolleyes: