Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Server downtime, restore progress

Saru

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• War Eagle

• Ravinar

• Waspie_Dwarf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I say you post the hackers' IP.

1. It's not doing anything illegal.

2. It allows everyone to watch out for this person.

3. Well.. you pretty much guessed this one. ;)

Good luck with everything. It feels so good to see these forums again! LOL, I guess I'm an addict because it's only been 2 days.

Edited by Zero of Deism

Hi! I have a newsfeed to you and the hackers got me a few days ago too.

See Below for more info. Anyway I like your site, hope your back up soon.

Have a Good One!

DebStGeorge

http://www.insync-ghosts.com

Thanks to a hacker on Wednesday night the primary server for UM had to be taken down for a full reload. This process began on Thursday morning, however we are still waiting for the server provider to get it done, resulting so far in 35 hours of downtime on the main server, and it's still not back up.

In the meantime I have managed to get the forum up and running on our other remaining server. The rest of the site is still offline, we are running on only one server instead of two, and it's not an ideal set up, but the forum is back up for now. It may be a bit slower than usual due to only 50% of our server resources being available, your going to see "server busy" messages and other errors, but at least it's running.

This issue is still ongoing, I am in contact with the server provider and I hope to push them to get the main server back up a bit quicker.

My apologies for the lengthy period of downtime, UM will be back up and running in it's entirety and at full speed as soon as possible. :tu:

WoW

The last 2 days at work were the longest 2 days, EVER !!!! Thanks SaRuMaN for getting things back up and running again :tu: I was worried at first that some sort of firewall was installed at work and I would actually have to do something :lol:

It's hard for me to understand why anyone would be *proud* of doing something like hacking and vandelizing people's web sites. Wow, what complete losers.

Glad to see that everything is back up and running so quickly! user posted image

Glad to be back, I started to actually do some work in my office, but don’t want to make a habit of it. :D

Am I the only person disappointed that the first post when the site returned didn't start with:

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted...

Am I the only person disappointed that the first post when the site returned didn't start with:

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted...

lol....Ive been thinking about the motivation behind the hacking...could we be ruffling feathers with the status quo. by discussing the truths about mysteries? are we too close to the truths..hopefully it was just some punk?..... :blink:

are we too close to the truths..hopefully it was just some punk?..... :blink:

Probably just cyber-vandals.

lol....Ive been thinking about the motivation behind the hacking...could we be ruffling feathers with the status quo. by discussing the truths about mysteries? are we too close to the truths..hopefully it was just some punk?..... :blink:

Nope. Just a geek with to much time

Git 'er dun!

A thousand curses upon the heathen buggers who took down this fair site.

We await your hasty return!

The Republicans are very unhappy right now. They are likely responsible for this attack, given the timing. They are mischievous little munchkins, as more and more appear to be secret members of the liberal Lollipop Guild. :w00t:

user posted image

Mabey Saruman should post his e-mail address if he can get it and we can give this hacker a piece of our minds ;)

Thanks to a hacker on Wednesday night the primary server for UM had to be taken down for a full reload. This process began on Thursday morning, however we are still waiting for the server provider to get it done, resulting so far in 35 hours of downtime on the main server, and it's still not back up.

In the meantime I have managed to get the forum up and running on our other remaining server. The rest of the site is still offline, we are running on only one server instead of two, and it's not an ideal set up, but the forum is back up for now. It may be a bit slower than usual due to only 50% of our server resources being available, your going to see "server busy" messages and other errors, but at least it's running.

This issue is still ongoing, I am in contact with the server provider and I hope to push them to get the main server back up a bit quicker.

My apologies for the lengthy period of downtime, UM will be back up and running in it's entirety and at full speed as soon as possible. :tu:

I give you a lot of credit. I was upset as this is one of my favorite places to visit.I believe in Aliens. I won't go into that. Good job. Thank you!

i'm so glade the forum is back up! i was starting to have nightmares :cry: no joke :no:

Hey sorry about the hack attack. I thought the aliens had finally shut this place down. I'm glad it's back up, I actually missed it. I wish I knew how to hack, seems like fun.

Ah...so that's what happened. Damn hackers! Thanks for getting the site back up and running, Saru. We can always count on you.

Very well done to all the people involved in bringing UM back on line. Great work :tu:

''O Great One let us catch this weasel for his act of sheer stupidity and callous so as we can

BBQ his butt to a crisp.'' :angry:

Rebel.

I'll bet it was a Green Bay Packer fan...

Ooooo...I really hate those guys...

:angry2: :angry: :angry2:

I'll bet it was a Green Bay Packer fan...

Ooooo...I really hate those guys...

:angry2: :angry: :angry2:

:blink: ????

You need your fix? O_o

he means he needs his daily dose of UM or els he gos through withdrawal.

i feel you man :cry: i need my UM fix to :tu:

<_< Don't blame the Packer Fans. If you have seen them play this year you would know they deserve sympathy also! :o

man...i thought there was a problem with my isp or something!!...

great job Saruman!!! :tu::clap: