Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Server downtime, restore progress

Saru

Thanks to a hacker on Wednesday night the primary server for UM had to be taken down for a full reload. This process began on Thursday morning, however we are still waiting for the server provider to get it done, resulting so far in 35 hours of downtime on the main server, and it's still not back up.

In the meantime I have managed to get the forum up and running on our other remaining server. The rest of the site is still offline, we are running on only one server instead of two, and it's not an ideal set up, but the forum is back up for now. It may be a bit slower than usual due to only 50% of our server resources being available, your going to see "server busy" messages and other errors, but at least it's running.

This issue is still ongoing, I am in contact with the server provider and I hope to push them to get the main server back up a bit quicker.

My apologies for the lengthy period of downtime, UM will be back up and running in it's entirety and at full speed as soon as possible. :tu:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• War Eagle

• Ravinar

• Waspie_Dwarf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cried non stop the whole two days. I kept thinking, what if there's no UM anymore? What will I do then? Who's gonna love me now? But anyhow things will be wholesome again and I can be jazzed. :yes:

I don't think you'll hear any complaints. Your doing as much as you can, under the circumstances.

Though I do feel kinda sad, clicking on the site within what was possibly the first MINUTE of it being up...lol

Phew .... what a relief to finally get my daily dose of UM, I was beginning to get a bit stircrazy ... :wacko:

Thanks SaRu for all your hard work ... :nw:

B)

Phew .... what a relief to finally get my daily dose of UM, I was beginning to get a bit stircrazy ... :wacko:

Thanks SaRu for all your hard work ... :nw:

B)

Yay!! I was going thru withdrawls too. ;) And may that pathetic excuse for a human being burn in hell for all eternity!

was that a bit much? ;)

SaRuMaN,

You are just the coolest dude. Did you know that.? You got it together .I totaly respect you and thank you for always looking out for everyone who realy loves being apart of the "UM " .

Anyhow , like many others here, I too was a bit lost without the concept of never being able to log on again. You just never know. I thought the worst, and then it hit me......what if I can never access the "UM" again? ..... :blink: {not good } Then in realizing , I said to myself, " you dont know what you got ,..till its gone"

Bummer , I thought and then reading the posts of members having withrawls ,cracked me up , hmm? that was exactly how I felt . :w00t:

Should we have a " uma" ? a unexplained mystery anonymous? hahahaha.lol

:P I'm playing around of course.

Thanks for working so hard and Im glad to see the cyber dudes and dudettes are able to

reconnect and looking forward to participating fully in the very near future. Thanks again SaRuMaN for your excellent job as the administrator . Your mastery is never overlooked.

hip hip hurray . :tu: "UMERS UNITE" :D

Abecrombie :tu:

For one who doesn't post as often as I would like to... but reads practically daily, I'm glad you have managed to restore the site to working order. And here's to getting the server fully up and running.

Nice work saru :wub:

p.s. I'm out of the time warp now, as you can see :w00t:

hackers are paddy wackers , hopefully if they give the dog a bone , it will be a pit bull on the other end . lol .............with rabies and a cigar in its jaws .llllaaalloll whistle :whistle::devil:

hey ho ,..hey,.. ho.. :st:su

:tu: Abe'

Glad to be back, I started to actually do some work in my office, but don’t want to make a habit of it. :D

:D :rofl:Heeheehaahaaa:D :rofl:

Did that very odd news story about dinosaurs have anything to do with the hack?

I'm still getting the attached screen...

post-32342-1162642040.png

Edited by Mister E.

:clap: Back on line! :clap:

I say you post the hackers' IP.

1. It's not doing anything illegal.

2. It allows everyone to watch out for this person.

3. Well.. you pretty much guessed this one. ;)

Good luck with everything. It feels so good to see these forums again! LOL, I guess I'm an addict because it's only been 2 days.

That is a good idea for Web Masters but I have no idea of the legality of it.

I think that is just to let every one know what happened.

I got that screen also.

Update

The main site is back on-line, we are still only running on one server instead of two, meaning the gallery will have to remain off-line until we have both servers, and things will still be slower than normal.

Our main server is finally back on-line, however there is now a problem with the networking between the two servers. I'm chasing up our server provider about it now, hopefully we'll be back in business very soon.

The networking issue has been fixed, the site is now being restored to both servers and should be back at full capacity shortly.

Its great to see the main site back up and running! :w00t::tu:

The site is back where it belongs on both servers. Now it's just a case of finishing up all the odds and ends and make sure everything is working. It's good to be back. :tu:

Viva UM :w00t::tu::lol: I love this site :) Can anyone tell me the nick of the hacker? :yes:

Holy heck and a hand granade batman.

The irony of this all.. said Hacker said we needed to get lives. XD

So very glad things are getting back to ilnormalcy.

Funny you ask that Mr E, the last three times i went into that thread yesterday everything started going freaky on me, then i lost the UM completly, was logged in 14hrs without being able to log out stuck on the dino's and dragon's thread.

I think i'll avoid that thread for a while, it might be possesed or somthing. :huh:

The site is back where it belongs on both servers. Now it's just a case of finishing up all the odds and ends and make sure everything is working. It's good to be back. :tu:

Hail the MaN of SaRu !! :clap::nw:

The article was defaced intentionally by the individual responsible.

Incidentally if anyone finds any bugs, errors or other problems that weren't there before the server reload, please let me know.

Thanks. :tu:

Thanks for getting the site back so quickly. :tu:

You quickly get attached to the place and the people, as I'm finding out... ^_^

Incidentally if anyone finds any bugs, errors or other problems that weren't there before the server reload, please let me know.

Thanks. :tu:

I will just echo what everyone else has already said... Great job big guy, well done.