Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young Moose Spends Time With Cattle

girty1600

Lonely Moose Finds Company With Cows

Nov 1, 3:56 PM (ET)

ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) - Tom Gunther's cattle herd welcomed a stranger this week. A young bull moose spent four nights with the cows and calves at Gunther's farm northwest of Frederick.

"This guy was just lonely," Gunther said. "He just wanted to be with some company."

The cows accepted the moose, who wouldn't leave.

Gunther contacted the state Game, Fish and Parks Department, which sent a state trapper to scare off the moose.

"He (the moose) got kind of excited, jumped a windbreak and got in with some yearling bulls. He jumped a few more fences and got in with some neighbor's cows. The trapper shot in the air behind him to scare him and get him moving and away from the cow herds to let him free-roam."

Here's something he really liked

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liokee

• jesspy

• timeout

• Tooth_and_Claw

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, poor lonely moose. Couldn't they have just let him hang out and make friends? :( Moose is a yummy meat, and there'd be enough on him to last the whole town for about a year! :)

Aww, poor lonely moose. Couldn't they have just let him hang out and make friends? :( Moose is a yummy meat, and there'd be enough on him to last the whole town for about a year! :)

agree with the first bit :tu:

not with the second :(

:lol:

Lol Moose so cute and the cows would be able to say his name too. "Mooooooooooooose" lol

I wonder if a cow and moose were to get it on the calf produced would make chocolate mousse

l agree , moose meat is good .

l agree , moose meat is good .

I'm glad someone agrees with me! I was afraid I was going to get voted off the forums for eating moose... :hmm:

Lol Moose so cute and the cows would be able to say his name too. "Mooooooooooooose" lol

:lol:

i feel just like the moose when i got to pubs and clubs, i start speaking to people and hanging around, then there is always a big man, think he is the bouncer comes over and starts shouting at me to move on :( me and the moose should hook up :yes:

I KNOW HOW YA FEEL MOOSEY ;)