Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

orbs?

cleo_patra45

I know most of you are all probably getting tired of my questions but I just thought that I should get this one answered so it doesn't bother me anymore.

When we take pictures and a ghost just so happens to be in it, why don't they always take on a human form? I mean in lots of pictures that i look at, I always realize that they are either ecto mist or orbs... why is that? :s9

Is that ghosts are not powerful enough to choose thier stage or what? And I would have posted this topic in "ghosts, hauntings and the paranormal" but I usually find it that most of the members come here.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• cleo_patra45

• Magikman

• Lori Cordini

Mya,

You can never ask too many questions, (unless you're 3 years old and its the same question, over & over & over & over again  :s4) being inquisitive is an admirable quality.

The 'orb' subject is discussed pretty thoroughly in the ghosts, hauntings and paranormal category, although most of the people are of the opinion that 'orbs' are pictures of dust motes or digital flaws, not an indication of a ghostly 'presence'.  You do ask an interesting question though, why aren't pictures of ghosts of a uniform nature, instead of all the various shapes, forms and completeness? Why would the visible appearance of one ghost be different than another? It's perplexing, to say the least.  :-/

Magikman  :sf

[blue]

Maybe it is our need to rationalise and fit everything into our own scientific/human boxes in order to understand it which is at fault.

Perhaps the ghostly realm is itself different and diverse and can manifest in many different ways...

[/blue] ???

I'm not sure I follow, I mean are you trying to say that our guess is as good as anyones?

I mean, I find it rather hard to believe that a ghost would appear as an orb.....if it wanted to be noticed, it would have gotten a lot more  attention as a human form.

Besides, I did happen to take a picture once of my cousin and i accidently included the litttle rope that was like a handle to it. when i got the pictures developed, it looked more like an orb than a string.....so if that's possible...how can we really believe what is real and what is not? :s9

[blue]

What I am saying is that, just because a spirit is not in human form, does not mean it is capable of manifesting as a fully-formed ghost. I expect that these skills have to be learned and developed just like our own in our world. Not all of us are telepathic/psychic etc. We are all on different levels. Maybe it's the same for spirits.

But I still don't believe that orbs are ghosts.

[/blue] :se

I have to agree with Loonboy, especially with the line of "I expect that these skills have to be learned and developed just like our own in our world. "   The soul after leaving the body has many adjustments to make in its new world and environment.

Consider that existence is on progressive levels, that is all of existence exists in very thin layers, but still overlap each other.  When we are in human containers we view pretty much through the eyes of the body, when we leave the body, we are aware of the new world around us and also that which was "before" we are capable of interacting on previous levels, but have yet to experience the next level, so it remains somewhat obscure until the skills are developed to engage with the next level of attainment.  Does that make sense?

Example.  the mineral world exists in its level, as does the plant, the animal and the human.  

:su  I love these little guys! -lori