Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Characteristics of a Demon Haunting

SilverRain Queen

Over the years I've dealt with different spirits and the nastiest are the demons.

When a demon decides he's going to haunt you, he starts very subtle.

Perhaps the faucet starts dripping for no reason and it seems louder at night. You hear scratches in the walls and some thumping...it progresses to the faucet turning itself on, stove elements getting hot and they are not on. Then your blankets are being pulled off the bed and things falling off the walls, perhaps the bed shakes voilently. Why is he doing this? Because he wants you to know he's in control and he wants you to fear him. They feed off of this energy and believe me it can be taxing if you are off guard.

Now some demons impersonate ghosts, they do this for fun....they can change into any form they choose to present themselves. Sometimes they are drawn to a house because the ghost of a person that died in a deep emotional state still resides and they like to "Lord" over them. Many times you hear stories where psychics come in and find several entities and one that is very strong and eminates evil. He keeps them from crossing over.

Once they succeed in creating an atmosphere of fear. They start to exaggerate their powers and then the personal attacks begin....scratches on the skin, slaps in the face. (I hate that one)I've been slapped a few times alright. It progresses even more... to things swirling in the air, maybe he makes fire burst on the scene, voices can be heard. Sometimes he can even make himself known with an audible voice. They choose not to do this because they are not interested in communication. They hate humans and think them very lowly and stupid. In any case, if you think you have one in your house, don't ever think you can challenge it. It would just love to show off to you how weak you really are.

So how do you get rid of him? Different cultures have different methods. Most get strength from their religious beliefs, but what if you are not religious? Then you have to gather the strength within yourself and "Command" it to leave. Yes Command. Don't taunt, don't confront,don't get angry, show no fear,but command it. It's a like code of conduct with them. They will leave, not right away, but with persistance and with NO FEAR.

They do not like to be ignored. Like the old saying.."If you ignore it, it WILL go away". If it can't get you to fear it, then the game is over. These demons come into our world through a gateway/portal....and it's usually, either a cave, a well, or natural hole in the earth...and normally not more than a 1 or 2 away from a haunting. Other things that help, are saging known as "smudging"...and sprinkling saline water around the house.

• Like 1

That reminds me of my wife and now I know how to get rid of her.

I disagree Socrates. I think they exist whether or not you believe in them . o_o;

When we first moved into our house (almost 11 years ago) we were very happy to have a house, but we weren't completely comfortable.

For one, my wife and I always felt uneasy when turning off the lights at the end of the day. We each, without having said anything to each other, had the feeling that we were not alone and, were, in fact being stared at by someone, or something.

Second, there were sounds, house sounds really, always in another room, always just slightly louder or more insistent than was normal.

Most ominously, there was this smell in my son's room. It smelled of dead animal. but both my wife and I had noticed, again independently of each other, that the smell was always in a very specific spot, that is, unless you walked through the particular spot, you would not smell it; and the spot moved around!

Several days after my wife and i finally appraised each other of the things we had noticed, my wife called me at work and asked me if I had seen our son before leaving for work that day. I usually left for work at about 6:15 AM, my wife would still be asleep, bu my son would sometimes get up and have breakfast with me. I told her I had not seen him that day, since he had not come out of his room.

When I got home that evening, my wife asked our son to tell me what had happened to him that morning. He told me that he had been awake when I left, he had heard me go out the front door, he just had not wanted to get out of bed, He said that shortly after I left, someone came in his room and hit him in the middle of his back, very hard, and then laughed at him and ran out of the room. My son was 4 years old! A spirit had struck and laughed at him! In our house! Because we had let him. At that moment, my wife and I knelt down in our living room and turned ownership of our house over to God. We thanked Him for His provision for us, and asked that He remove any evil entities from the premises, and send angels to guard our house. The consistent issues ended immediately. Every now and then we have noticed that uneasiness again, and we immediately inform the entity that this house is the Lord's property and they leave.

Edited by IamsSon

That story totally gave me goosebumps IamsSons

There are no such things as "demons". If spirits wanted to hurt humans, then we would all be suffering the same. If "demons" could hurt or kill, do you not think Saddam Hussein would be dead? Or serial killers? They would have enemies galore(spirits of people they have killed ) out to hurt or kill them in retaliation.

I disagree Socrates. I think they exist whether or not you believe in them . o_o;

You can blame a dripping faucet on plumbing problems or you can blame a dripping faucet on a demon.

That is a wonderful testimony IamsSon. My daughter and I have had to do the same in our present house. Had many experiences in our old one and didn't want any repeats.

I didnt mean it as the faucet alone -__-, I meant as in , in-general

At that moment, my wife and I knelt down in our living room and turned ownership of our house over to God. We thanked Him for His provision for us, and asked that He remove any evil entities from the premises, and send angels to guard our house. The consistent issues ended immediately. Every now and then we have noticed that uneasiness again, and we immediately inform the entity that this house is the Lord's property and they leave.

i pray a prayer exactly like that every night and i still something it bugs me too its like not scary but more annoying.. but it does make a lot of noise. i just hate that feeling like u feell like your being watched.. haha i feel like yelling out DONT YOU HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO!? and mutter freak under my breath lol

Every now and then we have noticed that uneasiness again, and we immediately inform the entity that this house is the Lord's property and they leave.

You've done exactly what needed to be done....you stood your ground and commanded it to leave. You took your strength from belief in your faith in God(showing no fear) and faith is a law, if you believe strong enough, it WILL happen.

Like I said earlier they don't leave right away...they like to test you every now and then and eventually never come back...till of course the next crowd moves in.

Kudos to you friend :)

I would find it very hard to ignore or pretend that a demon in my home didn't bother me.

You can blame a dripping faucet on plumbing problems or you can blame a dripping faucet on a demon.

Also helps if you make sure you turned the handle all the way off...

There are no such things as "demons". If spirits wanted to hurt humans, then we would all be suffering the same. If "demons" could hurt or kill, do you not think Saddam Hussein would be dead? Or serial killers? They would have enemies galore(spirits of people they have killed ) out to hurt or kill them in retaliation.

I have to agree socrates and dog soldier here.

Some spirits are in turmoil or distressed for whatever reason and with this can contain huge amounts of emotional energy, but to call them demons is far strecthed in my book. Now this just my opinion and i'm not meaning in any way to disrespect others beliefs here.

Sometimes ...often standing your own ground and reminding them that this your time and not theirs does work. Sometimes it may require the assistance of someone more experienced such as a medium to help come to terms with whatever it may be and move them on.

Perhaps some of you would like to read about the accounts of the John Bell farm haunting.

You'll recognize it as the base story for the hollywoodized version of it in the recent movie called "An American Haunting".

You read about the actual accounts

The Bell Witch

of course by it's characteristics you can see what it really is.

just so you know people, God WILL NEVER protect you, but he will send his Opposite-demon forces which some of us humans call "angels" and perhaps these forces are the ones that protect us, but none of us even know if God is Alive or Dead or if he exists or not.

ps - No Religion is right about god, The religion being closest to reaching god is the New-Physics. :tu:

I have to agree socrates and dog soldier here.

Some spirits are in turmoil or distressed for whatever reason and with this can contain huge amounts of emotional energy, but to call them demons is far strecthed in my book. Now this just my opinion and i'm not meaning in any way to disrespect others beliefs here.

Sometimes ...often standing your own ground and reminding them that this your time and not theirs does work. Sometimes it may require the assistance of someone more experienced such as a medium to help come to terms with whatever it may be and move them on.

We cannot know if there are demons or not. We hypothesise that there are spirits, because there are phenomena in the world that are best explained thereby. Some of these phenomena, the ones that seem to be distinctly nasty, we may call demons. But are these things demons in the Judaeo-Christian sense, fallen angels, I do not know. I just know that I want to be as far from them as possible.

just so you know people, God WILL NEVER protect you, but he will send his Opposite-demon forces which some of us humans call "angels" and perhaps these forces are the ones that protect us, but none of us even know if God is Alive or Dead or if he exists or not.

ps - No Religion is right about god, The religion being closest to reaching god is the New-Physics. :tu:

That was a contraditory statement :hmm: ....from declaring God to questioning his existance.

Again like I've said in past posts....we know NOTHING....only what has been 'taught' to us and what we know as fact is what experience has taught us in which sharing with others can't give it to them as a 'fact'. They will have to experience it for themselves.

Demons are considered to be fallen 'angels' because someone document it as so.(bible) They earned the name 'demon' because they were in fact 'demonstrative'.

American Heritage Dictionary

demon.

abbr.

demonstrative.

I do agree with the New Age Physics being closer to the truth of it all though.

Check out "The Secret"

Edited by SilverRain Queen

I'm sorry to dissappoint you silver queen, but if you believe in a book written by people who blamed black magic whenever anyone got sick instead of the weather or an epidemic, then you might as well believe in the Koran, or in any other ancient sect WAY before the christians or catholics like the aztecs, ALL the religions on this earth have been forged through Violence and Discourage.

Read the thread I posted based on the Malleus Maleficarum (and that's nothing). :tu:

I'm sorry to dissappoint you silver queen, but if you believe in a book written by people who blamed black magic whenever anyone got sick instead of the weather or an epidemic, then you might as well believe in the Koran, or in any other ancient sect WAY before the christians or catholics like the aztecs, ALL the religions on this earth have been forged through Violence and Discourage.

Read the thread I posted based on the Malleus Maleficarum (and that's nothing). :tu:

ummm... Glam.... I really don't know where you are coming from... What book? I don't believe in any book written by any man. I think you need to slow down when you read my posts and get the just of what I am saying.

might as well believe in the Koran, or in any other ancient sect WAY before the christians or catholics

Just a quick FYI, the Koran was written 200 years after the final Catholic version of the Bible... So, yeah.

I have come out of my hiatus for one post only, this one, lol.

Fear is perhaps the single most destructive aspect of paranormal research. I cannot tell you how many people believe ANY activity to be demonic... Whereas, the vast majority of time demons aren't playing any part at all.

Fear helps no one and only hinders rational and reasonable thought.

Lets try to move away from fear mongering.

EDIT: Btw, the intial comment and then the secondary one about fear were addressing two seperate things.

Edited by Wookie McFly

Why people believe in something that doesn't exist is beyond me.

I saw a pink elephant ghost demon. Help me!

Why do people always jump to religious conclusions. It's more likely to be some form of life we have yet to study. Science has proven so much more than religion...and that's through facts, not conjecture.