Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DARE conspiracy

Xenojjin

There is a conspiracy in the program known as D.A.R.E. , a program created too keep kids off of drug use . or so it claims ! Areas that have the DARE program actually have an increased amount of drug use among teens . Check some statistics out , Im sure you know how to find them .

They have not released this information to the public on a wide scale , the information is available , but it has not been announced in any way .Typical of general cover ups where they hope no one will figure out that somethings up .Attend a DARE meeting in school if you can and listen to their methods . DARE's method is more like an adverstisement of the drug then teaching kids why it is bad . DARE shows kids only the bad side effects of drugs that MAY occur OVER TIME . On top of this they say you WILL experience temporary pleasure immediatly .

Basic psychology shows how the average teen percieves this . they will tend to do anything to feel better in their crucial time of life even if their is risk of side effects . Its quite obvious the government knows the DARE program is not working but making teenage drinking problems worse but hasn't done anything to stop it yet . As we probobly both know , the government isnt even close to being stupid

enough to not notice the obvious problem . And that ussually means they are involved .

Check it out for yourself . This may be pointing to something bigger , maybe the U.S. government and the drug industry are one ? disgust.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xenojjin

• Seraphina

• moe eubleck

• saxcatz

Rumors are abound that the CIA (central intelligence agency) are in control of the entire world illegal drugs industry, to fund black projects...it wouldn't surprise me in the least, the CIA are always up to something or other.

Wow, paranoid much?

The drug trade is the one branch of capitalism that hasn't been sucked into the whole globalisation thang guys.

Kids do drugs, because kids do drugs - no conspiracy, just a fact of life i guess.

Governments never admit their mistakes - the war on drugs in the US has cost billions and the situation is just as bad now as before (maybe worse).

It's the same with weed - in the UK the politicians are starting to see sense, but they will only bend as far as the voters will allow - be seen to be too pro-dope and you risk losing votes. As my generation takes power i'm sure we'll see more positive moves.

But as for a CIA run drug trade? I'm sorry, i don't buy into that fully.

Interesting fact though is that since the fall of the Taliban in Afghanistan, heroin production has gone through the roof.

I personally believe that drugs are used by the shadowy forces of the intelligence community as a tool (turning a blind eye, etc, to the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan who are growing the opium poppies in return for their military assistance for example) and as payments for information - but global control of the drugs trade - yeah right.

Still rumours persist of a certain Mr. G. Bush jnr being a little fond of the devil's dandruff a few years ago! Maybe that's why there is a drug war going on in Columbia, so he can get his hands on some really good s##t?

paranoia or not, this much is fact:

Just a few years ago, there was an independent investigation into the CIA's records concerning proof that had surfaced that the CIA traded a formula and supplies of the then new crack cocaine with LA street gangs for illegal weapons during the Iran-Contra affair.

The CIA made a public apology in 1975 for it's use of the program "MK-ULTRA" in which they dosed at least 1000 citizens and military personnel with LSD without their consent or knowledge during the 50s and 60s. Many of the unsuspecting victims committed suicide or were mentally crippled. The program was used as a means to experiment with mind control. They synthesized it, improved it, and produced it in massive quantities.

After the trajedy of September 11th, 2001, the anti-drug campaign started airing commercials claiming that if you buy drugs, you support terrorists. When an independent party released similar commercials stating that when you buy oil and/or drive an SUV, you support terrorists, the anti-drug campaign was in an uproar. They claimed there is no basis for the presumption that terrorists activities were supported by oil sales and that the commercials mocked the message of the dangers of drugs. How did Bin Laden make his fortune? Oil.

This part is only something I heard from several vietnam vets, that during the war they were given uppers to fight and stay awake, and downers to go to sleep.

I do not take drugs, including alcohol, the worst one of all. I do not support drugs. I have kids and I do not want them to take drugs, and I teach them myself not to take drugs. When they took the DARE program I noticed many of these same faults in the DARE system. I pointed them out to my kids, they deserve to know the truth and not a bunch of transparent propaganda. I believe that marijuana is harmful when used to alter the mind, it causes depression as well as anxiety, and low self-esteem. I also believe that it has many medical benefits for Cancers and Glaucoma, and should be legal for that. Here in Arizona, the people voted to legalize marijuana for medical purposes and won the vote by majority. But the State decided that the people didn't know or weren't educated enough to make a competent decision on this matter. That's funny, our votes got them into office, and that was good enough. Time for a recall.

Heh, I heard about this a while ago, probably a few years ago, figured it was an isolated event. The instructors explain how to 'smoke a bong' or a crackpipe in an effort to keep you from doing it... That's like telling a rapist not to go to 123 Main Street Apartment 5 because there's a restraining order against him because a woman he raped lives there. OPEN BAR for him.

D.A.R.E. was kind of useless, at least when I was in it (1990ish), I didn't learn much other than propaganda that they spread. I guess the dumb kids are the ones who went and started doing these drugs. Shame there were so many.

i dont think DARE is a conspiracy. The name says it all. DARE to keep kids off drugs. The reason for the slogan? Cuz Drugs are impossible to avoid now. They are on TV sit coms, they are in movies. they are in music videos. Everyone knows somebody on them. Everyone knows where to get some.

So telling kids not to use drugs really is a dare. I thought is was a clever name for the organization.

Just because some of the member strayed doesnt mean it is a "CONSPIRACY". Say if i took karate for ten years , then suddenly decided I wanted to take boxing. Does that mean I am part of a conspiracy? What if a security gaurd decides to rob the bank that he is gaurding? Is that a conspiracy? Its just the human condition. Dont forget the importance of the individual.

May as well blame it on El Chupacabra. The notion seems equal in absurdity.

Just a case in point, do this. Think back to Jr. High, or middle school. Try to remember the kids you knew that participated in DARE. Now fast forward to High School. How many of those kids did drugs? Drank alcohol? Smoked ciggarettes? I can tell you, of all those I remember, thay all did AT LEAST one of the above. I'd say that the program put them at an increased risk for developing these behaviours.

I was a dare droppout. I NEVER smoked, drank or did drugs while I was in high school. (I did drink while I was in the military; and occasionally as an adult, now.)

allrighty then dontgetit.gif . I was in the chess club. And we all smoked the herb back then. I do know that the DARE kids in my school were all would be rebels, who only got stuck there cuz thier rich mommys couldnt handle reality.

"oh god! Hebert smoked some wacky backy?? Quick honey, before he starts robbing banks, put him in DARE!!"

If they ended up junkies anyways, it still doesnt say anything about a conspiracy. They are probably just mad at thier mommys for makin them go in the first place.

So yes you are right in that aspect. In a way, it did put them at an increased risk.

I still believe that it definatly is part of a conspiracy , the psychology of that class is too obvious for the government to claim they didn't know the results would turn out this way . I personaly cut the government NO SLACK when it comes to knowing how something will turn out when they have a stackfull of psychologists at their beckon call . I gennerally assume our govenment knows they doing something wrong when they do it especially in cases where they continue to do it wrong ... like this case .

On top of things our government has good reason to get kids on drugs . As sad as it is , The drug industry is a big part of our economy , and the government gets to keep people in control by making them stupid .

Yes... drugs decrease your ability to think ... accept it

Do you honestly think that D.A.R.E is actually a cover up to make american children stupid? What purpose would that serve? The children are our future!! Making idiot crackheads out of them isnt exactly the best way to ensure the future of the Unites States of America.

Besides , anyone who has studied world history, in any real sense, would know that the best way to control people is through fear.

And in closing, I defy you to find any crackhead who would be willing to fight a war for you. tongue.gif

Do you honestly think that D.A.R.E is actually a cover up to make american children stupid? What purpose would that serve? The children are our future!!

Its called balance . Our population is constantly rising and if everyone was smart and got power then the government would have a much harder time controling us and they wouldn't be able to hide many of their secrets any longer .

And although a crackhead may not fight a war for you , someone who drank quite alot in high school still ends up living a normal life and could still get drafted . NOTE the "normal" in life . Some people have great ideas against the government and great philosophy and then wash all their cares away with drugs and eventually become to stupid to do anything but mindlessly follow anything the governmen tells them . Better yet , they trust the government as they no longer take drugs since when you get older you gennerally figure it out . So their theories they had against the government are now "thoughts from my stupid teenage years" . And now we see the DARE program doing more promotting of drugs through subliminal messages then demotting . Coincidence ? probobly not .

Its just like censorship of Ideas back in the days of russian communism except this time the brain itself is the target rather then the ideas .

[

Its called balance . Our population is constantly rising and if everyone was smart and got power then the government would have a much harder time controling us and they wouldn't be able to hide many of their secrets any longer .

First of all, you are assuming that we are smart to begin with. The average human has an IQ of around 100. I dont think we really need any help getting stupider.

Its about balance? So, by that rationale, "the government" , only wants half of us to be stupid ,crackhead, drones. While the other 100 million americans will still be allowed to ponder government cover-ups.

Yes, I am sure that this is DARE's great scheme. They cant possibly be trying to help our children. Thanks for clearing all that up for me. thumbsup.gif

lol...honestly, these conspiracy theories just get more and more outlandish...

Drug related crime = costs the government money

Programs to educate people on the dangers of drugs = costs the government money

Police departments dealing with the capture of dealers = costs the government money.

The list is a very long one...the drug trade costs the government so much money that I think you'll find that they have far more reason to try and obliterate it than keep it running through some strange brainwashing program...which would, again, cost more money tongue.gif

Nowadays the government doesnt need money . They can just print more out and pay the DARE officers because they control money . And I am not just saying DARE is a conspiracy for no reason , I say it MAy be one since its not working and obviously hasn't for a long time , yet the government doesnt end it . If the government really did want to help kids the program would have been canceled a long time ago .

Money is only an issue for the government when it comes to doing trade with other contries , but when our government buys things from its own country it really isn't that big of a problem since the way we have it set up money they print controls all . The government doesn't need to worry about paying for DARE at all .

*raises an eyebrow*

Tell me, have you ever heard of the term "inflation" tongue.gif?

Its the product of the government conspiracy . And I am still just pointing to DARE , just wanted to provide an example that its not that big of a deal to pay for it . And inflation continues to rise so obviously the government doesn't feel the pain of it that badly as they would like us to believe . But that is a good point in a sense .. it still doesnt explain why they dont shut the program down though . Its like were arguing over something that is for a fact messed up .

So we now have two points , the DARE problem points to one or the other

The government just doesn't care ! they do stuff wrong but they really dont mind if we all go to hell unlike what they claim . Maybe the DARE program is simply to make the government look good on paper .

The DARE Program really is part of a large conspiracy to allow the government to take control of us by gradually changing democracy into a totalitarian state . The drugs are to help keep us from noticing

*Seraphina now thinks im a psychotic nut but I dont care grin2.gifgrin2.gif *

lol, I don't think you're a nut, I just think you're...imaginative tongue.gif

You see, in my world, the value of any given item, money included, is dependant on the quantity of it in circulation. If the government were to simply 'print out' the several million dollars a year it probably requires to run this program, and put that into circulation, then the value of the dollar would end up dropping pretty far down the scale.

At the same time, they also can't print out money to pay for all the damages and costs incurred by drug related crime, and the efforts of law enforcement to try and stop it. The government spend a great deal more trying to stop the trade of drugs, than the drug dealers are able to make from it...even if we were to assume the government was to take in the profits from their sinister agents (even if your theory was correct, it's highly unlikely that every single drug dealer in the world would be under their control), then they would still be operating this scheme at a loss; when last I checked, that is not how capitalism goes about its business tongue.gif

As for your theory on totalitarianism...are we then supposed to assume that the government is bringing out this grand plan to control the world...for the next people to sit in office? tongue.gif Even if you are correct, then the nationwide process of turning everyone into a mindless junky in later life would take...what? Decades, if you're planning on influincing the vote, and need to wait for the current, free thinking voters to die of old age so your generation of zombies can take over tongue.gif

It's a plan that's so insanely expensive, and not even for the benefit of those who would be executing it, that nobody could possible consider it a worthwhile venture.

As for your theory on totalitarianism...are we then supposed to assume that the government is bringing out this grand plan to control the world...for the next people to sit in office?

You just pointed out the one thing I dont understand about people . I know that the idea of creating a new system that will grant your position power even though you will be dead is stupid , but people do it anyway .

Look at some of our CEO's for example . They have 200 + million dollars , they are old farts about to keel over and die , but they still act like money grubbing pigs rather then just freaking RETIRE .

I believe this is due to some sick twisted honor thing . A good possibibility is that our government believes so strongly in the philosophy that humans need to be controlled rather then the liberty they preach they will do anything to turn us into zombies regardless whether or not they are alive . Either that or they are so obsessed with money and power they forgot that they are mere mortals .

So we now have two points , the DARE problem points to one or the other

The government just doesn't care ! they do stuff wrong but they really dont mind if we all go to hell unlike what they claim . Maybe the DARE program is simply to make the government look good on paper .

I would also like to see you explain how this may be wrong . The whole point I posted this topic was to get more input and hopefully come to a conclusion about this sad excuse for a program .

ALSO does anyone else besides sarphina have some input ? Its fun to listen to her but more input always helps .

Making the governement look good on paper? Of course that's what it's designed to do tongue.gif I have absolutely no doubt that just about everything the government does is designed to try and stay in power come the elections...a nation wide anti drug campaign (they don't need to mention the details on how successful it may or may not have been) looks like a shining little medal when it comes to voting.

If you're ready my veiws on the war on Iraq, you'd know exactly what I think and feel about the US government, and it's attitude to looking good for the sake of propaganda.

However....that doesn't mean they're stupid, and would go in for a program that would cost them a great deal of the money you admit they love so much tongue.gif Let alone the fact that a rise in drug related crime and other such things caused by their supposed involvement in the drug industry would actually lead to less people voting for them, long before their brainwashing initiative kicked it cool.gif, in hopes they voted in someone who could clean the country up.

Then again...they went from a President with an IQ of 180, to one with an IQ of 91...maybe improvement isn't the answer in the US government... blink.gif

Just a question of interest , if the government and the drug industry were one , wouldn't they get the money back ? And I doubt our government really cares about the drug related murders / robberies / ect . Men like them think they are better then everyone else and dont need to care , ( their are some exceptions to this , but for the most part it is sadly true ) .

Then again...they went from a President with an IQ of 180, to one with an IQ of 91...maybe improvement isn't the answer in the US government

I agree thumbsup.gif

I think you'll find the government needs to care about muders and robberies, as keeping crime under control is part and parcel of getting themselves reelected tongue.gif Which is, at the end of the day, the end goal of being in politics.

I think you'll find the government needs to care about muders and robberies, as keeping crime under control is part and parcel of getting themselves reelected  Which is, at the end of the day, the end goal of being in politics.

Either that , or just make it look like they care . They can always fake caring , and they do ! Our media does not neccasarily report every crime . And they are not keeping it under that much control ... just barely enough to keep us from killing each other . On top of that our government totally ignores certain area where crime is high in terms of eliminating the problems there , just a few extra cops and thats it ? Why doesn't the government help pay for these poor people living in those towns on a significant scale ? Oh yah ... they spent all their money on DARE ... disgust.gif

I thought you already said the government doesn't need to worry about paying for things, as it just randomly prints the money out? tongue.gif

It does randomly print money out . With very little thought or concern whatsoever to where its going . Although my theory may not be completely right , one things for certain .. our government is either really really stupid , or they have something up their sleeves . And Im also getting at the idea that our government is one with the drug industry , in which case like I said they don't need to worry about money since it just comes back to them .

This may seem far fetched ... But I personnaly live near a slum . These kids are raised with no hopes and dreams in their minds , just the basic ideas to stay alive . Then a program called DARE moves in and tells them about drugs . "don't do drugs because they will mess up your future , you may feel a pleasurable sensation at the moment but dont do them !" they say ... Then the kids trudge back home and think to themselves "WHAT FUTURE?!?! crying.gif " . coincidentally their is a liquor store located in town with no 24 hr police gaurd to make sure the store clerk doesnt sell drugs to kids . Forgive me if the idea that the government might control the drugs industry may come to mind .

AKA really stupid rolleyes.gif , or part of something bigger ph34r.gif ?

This may seem far fetched ... But I personnaly live near a slum . These kids are raised with no hopes and dreams in their minds , just the basic ideas to stay alive . Then a program called DARE moves in and tells them about drugs . "

So living near a "slum" qualifies you as the authority on what poor people go through? laugh.gif

You may have lived near a slum but I grew up in one. South Sacramento , buddy. But I was raised with alot more than just "the basic ideas to stay alive". You are telling me that just because someone is poor, that they have no hopes and dreams. Everyone I knew had the same basic dream : to get the fu** out !

The DARE program did not tell any of us about drugs. We already knew by watching our parents, cousins and older nieghbors do it. We didnt get them from corner liquor stores, but from other kids, whose familiy members / freinds , grew/ made them. They were definatley not government employees either. They did it to support thier own habbits, or in some cases. to put food on the table.

We dont all end up barefoot and 9 months pregnant. Enough with the ghetto sterotypes, please.