Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"the bloop"

evil_mika

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• The Carnivore

• thecreeper

• ~Onyx~

Wow! That's cool! Maybe it was a group of whales vocalizing in unison? Or else a signal for the mothership to come and pick it up........... :huh:

wow this is so cool.

lame... i doubt theres any undiscovered animals out there BIGGER than the largest known animal on earth. i know theres probably loads of undiscovered sea creatures smaller than a blue whale, but we would have found it if it was as huge as they say it was. ever think it was maybe a group of blue whales swimming in a tight group?

lame... i doubt theres any undiscovered animals out there BIGGER than the largest known animal on earth. i know theres probably loads of undiscovered sea creatures smaller than a blue whale, but we would have found it if it was as huge as they say it was. ever think it was maybe a group of blue whales swimming in a tight group?

you sort of got a point, but think about it. We knew giant squids existed for hundreds of years, but we only photographed a live one last year. Who knows what else can hide down there.

This is not a new story. In fact, the Japanese sent chum & cameras down in the trench where the "bloop" sound originated. What they saw on the cameras was unbelievable. However, they are not willing to disclose any footage. Why? dunno.

I do know this...we have only discovered a small fraction of our great oceans. We have no idea what is down there. It could be a massive fish that only dwell along the ocean bottom.

the Japanese sent chum & cameras down in the trench where the "bloop" sound originated. What they saw on the cameras was unbelievable. However, they are not willing to disclose any footage.

how do you know?

We've explored such a tiny fraction of the oceans that ruling out an animal larger than a blue whale is perhaps a little too soon. The only real problem I have with the idea of a gigantic animal living in the deepest, darkest parts of the ocean would be that, in general, complete darkness isn't productive to life...plants need light for example, and you need plants to establish a food chain.

Although there are ecosystems of sorts that exist in complete darkness, they tend to have very little variety of life, and very few large predators. An animal that was as large (or lager) as a blue whale would also need to have enough food to sustain an animal of that size.

But, again, we've explored such a tiny portion of the ocean that it's not difficult to imagine. Whether larger than a blue whale or not, I am certain there are plenty of very large marine animals that haven't been discovered yet.

With it not being heard again, it seems more likely that it was something natural going on. Don't know if there a way to determine how a sound is made.

Basing the size of an animal by the sound it makes is foolish. Black drum can make noises that reverberate through dozens of homes, as one once did in Punta Gorda, FL.

I don't know what to say...very strange indeed. I never even heard blue whales singing.

I never even heard blue whales singing.

It's very eerie and beautiful. I personally think humpbacks sing better.

It's very eerie and beautiful. I personally think humpbacks sing better.

Yeah...I've got several recordings of the humpbacks. Now that you mention it, I think I'e heard blue whale's. I'm still not sure tho!

Cicadas can get really loud during the summer time. I bet nobody ever thinks they're some kind of huge beast coming to get them.

Anyhow, just a thought, maybe deep in the ocean there's like, a giant, mobile kind of fungus, just feeding on carrion that drifts down to the sea floor from above. Like a universal undersea garbage disposal. It would almost never come near the surface, so no one would ever see it. I don't know what the probability of a thing like that would be, but again, just thinking out loud. Or on screen, whatever.

something bigger than the blue whale, I thinks its unlikely but not impossible. am I the only one who thought of "The blob" when the saw the the title, then agian I did just watch the new simpson tree house of horrors

I found this earlier this year...neat huh?

i think it sounds like an underwater fart. :w00t: of course it's sped up 16 times, but i don't think it was necessary to speed it up that fast.

the only reason i don't think it was a pod of blue whales is because you'd think that they'd pick up those kind of sounds all the time. unless it's extremely rare that whales would sing together at the same time, i don't know.

Yeah...I've got several recordings of the humpbacks. Now that you mention it, I think I'e heard blue whale's. I'm still not sure tho!

To be sure, try to find this on google:

Whales: Voices in the Sea

could it be the megalodon? or the kraken? :blush:

Well, it WAS a "bloop", don't think that there's any denying that....but WHAT created that sound is debatable.....could have been an animal...but if so, the "animal" in question hasn't been heard from since the summer of 1997?....almost 10 years?.....maybe is was a special guest "bloop" appearance or something...

What they saw on the cameras was unbelievable. However, they are not willing to disclose any footage. Why? dunno.

Maybe these were the same people who "claimed" to have footage of a megalodon on video tape.....but have yet to produce anything.

Sharks don't even make loud audible noises...

Edited by frogfish

Sharks don't even make loud audible noises...

I never heard of a shark making any noise