Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"the bloop"

evil_mika

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• The Carnivore

• thecreeper

• ~Onyx~

apparently they picked up a sound that was made by something bigger than a blue whale. :o

It sounds to me like a large bubble of gas being released, possibly due to an underwater volcanic eruption, or seismological event......did anyone cross check to see if something like that occurred at/previously to the recording? I know it was sped up but if you had a large amount of gas being released form the ocean floor, wouldnt the amount of water it has to move through change/slow down its resonance?

Edited by sergestorms

It sounds to me like a large bubble of gas being release

Bubble of gas? :devil:

IPB Image\

Edited by sadistic jellyfish of doom

apparently they picked up a sound that was made by something bigger than a blue whale. :o

It sounds to me like a large bubble of gas being released, possibly due to an underwater volcanic eruption, or seismological event......did anyone cross check to see if something like that occurred at/previously to the recording? I know it was sped up but if you had a large amount of gas being released form the ocean floor, wouldnt the amount of water it has to move through change/slow down its resonance?

From what I read, the "experts" in question came to the conclusion that:

The sound shares many characteristics with those emanated from biological creatures, in fact it fits those parameters so closely that a large number of researchers are convinced that its origin is animal. But in order for an aquatic animal to emit a sound that can travel over 3,000 miles though Earth's noisy oceans, scientists say that it would need an incredibly large noise-making apparatus, one much bigger than that of the blue whale.

Now granted, before I read that, I thought the same thing....gas being released from the sea floor or some sort of seismic event....but then I read how it must have eminated from a "biological" of emmense size. Now, my "logic-meter" tells me that something that would create a "bloop" sound of that nature would have to be releasing air or gas to make a sound such as that...and we know that is wasn't "whale-song" of any sort that has been previously identified. If a sound like that could only be made(from what we know and understand) from air or gas ESCAPING from an object....wouldn't that narrow-down that number of species that the "bloop" could have eminated from?....................mammals in particular?

or it could be dr.zoidberg from futurama. :lol: whenever he squirtd ink, he makees a sound similiar to bloop

Lol, "Hi, I'm Zoidberg!"

well idk if hes a good doctor, but wow can he make weird noises

yes ive heard and read this story quite some time ago..facsinating to me really..ive always had a love for the oceans and aquatic life and all of the mysteries we still do not even know reside in the depths of 70% of our earth. i remember reading somethig about how the sound was recorded on bouys(sp) set to record tidal movements and whale sounds and such..and that the sound resinated between two of the bouys that were like 5000 miles apart..anything that can project a sound that far has to be enormous in its shear size..and that the "bloop" was recorded at a biological reverberation frequency..meaning, that only an organic mass could create the fequency of the sound..something klike that..ive always hoped they would discover something about this more...some great leviathin residing under the waves somewhere in the ocean?...not a far stretch at all. imo...i will have to do some research..i didnt know that japanese researchers did any investigations of the trench..but i wouldnt be surprised if they did find something..i just finished watching a japanese oceanographer get the first pics of a giant squid ever recorded, not too long ago... :yes:

yes ive heard and read this story quite some time ago..facsinating to me really..ive always had a love for the oceans and aquatic life and all of the mysteries we still do not even know reside in the depths of 70% of our earth. i remember reading somethig about how the sound was recorded on bouys(sp) set to record tidal movements and whale sounds and such..and that the sound resinated between two of the bouys that were like 5000 miles apart..anything that can project a sound that far has to be enormous in its shear size..and that the "bloop" was recorded at a biological reverberation frequency..meaning, that only an organic mass could create the fequency of the sound..something klike that..ive always hoped they would discover something about this more...some great leviathin residing under the waves somewhere in the ocean?...not a far stretch at all. imo...i will have to do some research..i didnt know that japanese researchers did any investigations of the trench..but i wouldnt be surprised if they did find something..i just finished watching a japanese oceanographer get the first pics of a giant squid ever recorded, not too long ago... :yes:

I would love for something of such size to exist...but given the depth, and the fact that the deeper you go the smaller the organism(yes, giant squid, we have evidence of it's existence), I am aloof to say that there is a "leviathan" living and thriving in the deep, deep oceans......I HOPE there is....I would be FIRST in line to see it....but all of the signs discourage the likelihood(IMHO).

I just can't even be bothered to listen to the thing.

I just can't even be bothered to listen to the thing.

Go get a drink at the water-cooler and listen to the sound of the bubbles coming-up afterwards.......same thing, only done with bajillion-dollar equipment.

I, too, would love it if the Bloop turned out to be real, and some enormous pelagic beastie.

We just need more proof. WAY more.

Your "BLOOP" is right here.

Edited by sadistic jellyfish of doom

i think it sounds like an underwater fart. :w00t: of course it's sped up 16 times, but i don't think it was necessary to speed it up that fast.

the only reason i don't think it was a pod of blue whales is because you'd think that they'd pick up those kind of sounds all the time. unless it's extremely rare that whales would sing together at the same time, i don't know.

You've never heard a blue whale barbershop quartet then.

Basing the size of an animal by the sound it makes is foolish.

Yes, what do those biologists know, eh? It's not like they're knowledgable in their field or anything. :mellow:

Yes, what do those biologists know, eh? It's not like they're knowledgable in their field or anything. :mellow:

:lol::tu:

*applauds*

I would name it "The Blooping Blooper" or "Blooping Pooper". :blush:

Big things usually make BIG sounds so for them to assume that its huge... Why not? Even if this was a little bit smaller it'd still be amazing.

Did Japan really find something? This is one of the things I actually care about.

Did Japan really find something? This is one of the things I actually care about.

I doubt anyone can say for sure what that "sound" was. The length of time(not heard since the summer of 1997) since it was last heard is also highly dubious......I guess we'll just have to wait for the Giant Squid carcassas to start washing-up on shore with humongous chunks ripped out of them, eh?

bloop could be:

a undiscovered whale

sea serpent(highly unlikely)

giant octopus

underwater geological phenomona

dr.zoidberg making a weird sound :P

A site thinks its cthulu. :lol:

Ia Ia! Could be... Maybe he burped in his sleep. :lol:

im telling ya guys, its definitely dr.zoidberg making weird sounds

Yes, what do those biologists know, eh? It's not like they're knowledgable in their field or anything

And no surprise that biologists agree with me :yes: The blue whale might be the loudest animal on earth, but the second is the comparitevly small howler monkey at 170 decibels. Cicadas produce up to 120 decibels, the sreech owl reaches 98 decibels, and black drum up to 90 decibels.

Maybe you should actually know what you are talking about before you try taking a jab at someone :tu:

Oh, btw. No respectable biologist firmly states whatever created the bloop must be bigger than the blue whale. That's just what the public think.

Edited by frogfish