Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis

Knightcrawler

Luminary, our thoughts on the matter coincide greatly. I for one have never felt that ancient Egyptian culture in the time of the Pyramids came about by the Egyptians themselves, but rather through proxy. A group of people (albeit highly advanced) had to teach it to them. This may be far out, but I even heard (and read) from a few sources that some of the most direct descendants of the Atlanteans are many of today's American Indian nations.

In any case, interesting fodder material.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M.A.D CapeBretoner

• Pax Unum

• Jor-el

• aquatus1

Finding a city under water would by no means be enough proof.

There have I believe been cities found under water. These are indicative of large cataclysmic earthquakes or tsunami.

But they are not proof of Atlantis. Atlantis as described by Plato would require little work to see that it is in fact Atlantis if it looked as Critias described it.

And if it doesn't look as Plato described it then it isn't Atlantis. Because Platos description is the ONLY description of Atlantis. Apart from Cayces and the others who pretend to have seen it.

Can I say something? Weather it's truely is fiction or fact. People are still going to look for the legendary city.

I was watching a program about the lost city. And they picked out some places with some things. One place almost had everything but it was missing one thing. ^^;

From my own research on this subject I have come to belive the location of Atlantis was actually the Latin-Americas. There are so many things that points in this direction. And Atlantis was not just a city btw, it was a whole continent, and Plato states so himself. Atlantis, the city, was the capital of Atlantis, the continent.

I believe large parts of Latin-Americas got submerged under water due to some cataclysmic event in the past. The evidence for this is there:

IPB Image\

Look at a map of Latin Americas for starter, if you look at Mexico notice the Gulf of Mexico, and further down the Caribbean ocean. Here it seems very likely to me that there once was dry land that now is gone, filling up the gap that is now between Mexico and rest of South America. And the evidence for this has been found by underwater monuments, artifacts and ruins in the mentioned area.

And if you follow Plato's own description of where Atlantis is located, he says its a place far away in the atlantic ocean, opposite the strait of gibraltar. The Strait of Gibraltar is the strait that divides Spain from Marocco. If you travel through it and thus to the opposite side and continue until you reach another continent you end up in South America.

And while we are at this route, there is also evidence of contact between south america and africa in ancient times. Among things worth mentioning, there has been found traces of cocaine and tobacco in egyptian mummies, and both these are native to south america. Possibly "atlanteans" who escaped from the disaster and ended up in Africa and thus taught the egyptians some of their knowledge about stone technology and construction among other things as well as establishing some trading route with south america.

There are many similarities between egyptian pyramids and south american ones, specially when it comes to the masonry and stone technology. And this technology again fits the description of atlantis and their advanced knowledge. Even to this day modern science doesnt know how they buildt these magnificent structures or how they processed the stones etc.

Here is some aztec earplugs made of stone, less than one mm thick sides:

IPB Image\

Egyptian "tube" facioned in a way very similar to the aztec earplugs above:

IPB Image\

To me it seems both the egyptians and the latin americans had similar knowledge on how to work with stone. Could this be because the egyptians had learned it from the migrating south americans (Atlanteans)?

And here is an egyptian vase, made out of solid granite in one piece, and hollowed out:

IPB Image\

In addition there were the unknown pre-incan people, who buildt Machu Picchu among other things. The incas themselves just buildt upon a pre-existing foundation and structures that were allready there - the evidence is clear as the incas structures were not as advanced and of as excellent quality as that of their preceders. And these pre-incan monuments show they had a vast knowledge and very advanced building and construction skills. None have been able to repliacte these skills in later generations - though they have tried to imitate. Here is an example of a pre-incan wall:

IPB Image\

And here is an example of excellent pre-incan wall with sloppy incan extended work of rubble on top:

IPB Image\

If you walk around in places like Machu Picchu and other south american ruins it will become clear that there were some highly advanced civilization that suddenly dissapeared and left their buildings and structures unfinished, and then later incas and others came and started build on top of the ruins they found which was allready ancient for them as well.

Nobody knows what happened to this pre-incan people, where they went, or why they suddenly dissapeared. But it seems quite likely its related to some ancient disaster happening that made the people of those days flee their homes and cities.

If you want to know more about the ancient stone technology I highly reccomand you to check this documentary called Technology of the Gods:

http://www.dark-truth.org/okt21-2006-10.html

If we again go back to Plato and his description of the continent of Atlantis, he said it was "bigger than Libya and Asia put together". So we are talking about a very large continent here, and what other continent could fit this description than South America, when we also take in consideration the other descriptions Plato gave us about this continent?

Places in Latin America also fits the description of Atlantis in more ways, f.ex a researcher named Jim Allen has discovered that Bolivia fits rather perfectly with how Atlantis (the capital city) is described to be a rectangular island high above the sea level - the mountains. Check Jim Allens theories on this at his website:

http://www.geocities.com/webatlantis/

And the local natives have ancient legends telling about a great flood that raged the planet and swept cities away around 10,000 years ago - which could suit well with the destruction of Atlantis. There are also other similar ancient stories about floods and terrible earthquakes and erupting volcanos around in South America, check this site for more info on this: http://www.labyrinthina.com/flood.htm

There is also the linguistic evidence, if you look at ancient latin american language and how they named many of their places, it fits together with the theory of Atlantis being in Latin Americas. Here are Toltec names of places around in Mexico:

Atlán, Autlán, Mazatlán, Cihuatlán, Cacatlán, Tecaltitlán, Tihuatlán, Atitlán, Zapotlán, Minititlán, Ocotlán, Miahuatlán, Tecaltitlán, Tepatitlán, Tihuatlán, Texiutlán, and the like.

Notice that the Nahuatl Tlán root of these place names is exactly like the Tlan in "Atlantis."

And the pre-conquest Meso-Americans claimed that their primordial founding city was Tollán, which is another variety of Tlan.

Hard evidence suggests that Sanskrit is the father of most world-class languages. If we use Sanskrit to explain the true meaning of "Atlantis," we'll learn that the initial A means "Not; No longer." The final Tis derives from the Sanskrit Desa, Des, or Tes, meaning "Nation." Atlantis = "No-Longer-the-'Tlan'-or-'Tollán'-Nation." When A-Tlan-Tis sank under the ocean named after it, it certainly ceased to exist.

For more indepth liguistic analysis and theories of Mexico being part of Atlantis check this website:

http://www.dark-truth.org/okt18-2006-12.html

Of course there is a lot more mysteries regarding South America that could possibly relate to an ancient advanced civilization of Atlantis. In addition to all the monuments, pyramids, temples and structures all the way from Mexico and down towards Brazil in South America, we also have strange places like the Nazca lines of Peru that I assume most people are familiar with, and the Ica stones found in an area close to them, which depicts advanced surgery, astronomy and use of telsescopes, people together with dinosaurs and more, that cold be the remains of such an advanced and long passed but not forgotten civilization. I do not have the time to tell more about this and other things right now, perhaps some time later.

So, with what I have mentioned above in consideration, doesnt it seem possible that Latin Americas actually was the so called continent of Atlantis, and some of these people who once lived there managed to escape and migrated to Egypt, bringing with them some of their knowledge and thus also being responsible for the greatness of the Egyptian civilizations wonders? At least I think so myself.

Edited by darkbreed

Just a thought darkbreed; NAT ions of L a T in A mer I ca S = ATLANTIS.

I cant remember who was talking about lost civilizations of Antarctica and linking it to Atlantis, but I came across this article today that you might find interesting:

http://www.dark-truth.org/nov102006-9-anom...antarctica.html

WASHINGTON (AMP) - A spy satellite image of Antarctica reveals an "anomaly" two miles beneath the ice that could be a man-made structure, according to Congressional investigators who are demanding release of the image from the Pentagon.

The explosive revelation about the anomaly, located at the epicenter of recent seismic activity in East Antarctica, prompted an immediate denial from the Defense Department and feverish speculation among members of the international intelligence and archeological communities.

"If it’s something the U.S. military has constructed down there, then they’re violating the international Antarctic Treaty," said an aide to Nicole Fontaine, the European Parliament’s French president who in the past has accused the U.S. of spying on European citizens. "If not, then it’s something that’s at least 12,000 years old, which is how long ice has covered Antarctica. That would make it the oldest man-made structure on the planet. The Pentagon should heed the calls of Congress and release whatever it’s hiding."

The existence of the classified satellite image was reported this week by an unidentified federal agent who infiltrated the Pentagon last year during a General Accounting Office audit of lax security at 19 government installations. The sting operation, in which federal investigators carrying fake law enforcement credentials penetrated the FBI, CIA and State Department, was similar to one several years ago that embarrassed the Clinton Administration and prompted the hearings on Capitol Hill.

The image may have been captured by one of three missing U.S. spy satellites that space observers suspect have been moved into secret orbits over Antarctica to avoid detection.

But if history is any indicator, Congress will have to wait some time to catch a glimpse of any images captured by the satellites. It was only in 1999 that former President Bill Clinton decided to finally release Cold War spy satellite images of Antarctica to help scientists gauge the effects of the depleted ozone layer and global warming on the polar cap.

Visiting Christchurch, New Zealand, the main staging post for Antarctic expeditions, Clinton announced that the U.S. National Imagery and Mapping Agency was releasing seven previously classified Cold War images of Antarctica. The digital images, taken in the mid-1970s and early 1980s, provide detailed snapshots of the Dry Valleys region, a vast terrain of about 7,500 square miles shrouded in darkness for much of the year.

At the time, Clinton ignored questions about a secret American military installation in Antarctica, making a plea for the world to grapple with global warming and the fragility of the South Pole. "Unless we change course, most scientists believe the seas will rise so high they will swallow whole islands and coastal areas," he told several hundred people at New Zealand’s International Antarctic Centre.

The Bush Administration, meanwhile, has refused to comment on the latest revelations and said it would not release any recent satellite overheads of Antarctica, citing "national security" concerns.

The Ruler of Atlantis was Atlas or possibly Poseidon.

Or so the story goes.

and one who whaires the name or so the story goes

There would have to be a heck of a lot more evidence than simply being underwater. There are dozens of sites that can claim that.

and don't forget the sites that are right in front of you

IPB Image\

The Ruler of Atlantis was Atlas or possibly Poseidon.

Or so the story goes.

and were thes preast kings came from,i know of one and it deals with the son

IPB Image\

for a face fronts his throne.and as you can see.

wasn't it the right arm of god were talking about that got me takin from here

the last time.

the facts are that city plato talkes about is located in the east in the story and on this island .

the geoligy tells me its the missing link between the atlas mt range and the appilation mt range giveing it the island that is the location of just beyond the pillars.

the center,the middel, the one.

the height it was in the past tells me that it was heaven to see because it was the highest in the world that was.

you may know that that is from a story but that is still part of the picture.

these facts that you don't have are from the west side of that island plato talks about.

and there is mentioned in the bible before the creation i do beleive.

we all search for answers and that island continant that was had a capital city.

for such a great nation that it is spoken of had to have the one thing that was so speacal,

heaven and earth as one .

and don't forget the sites that are right in front of you

IPB Image\

to all that don't beleive explaine if the atlantean people didn't carve the bedrock of cape breton then who did?

prove me wrong don't just say i'm garbage or stupid but straight up prove me wrong.

or you can go to that of the spiritaul and see the truth.

to all that don't beleive explaine if the atlantean people didn't carve the bedrock of cape breton then who did?

prove me wrong don't just say i'm garbage or stupid but straight up prove me wrong.

or you can go to that of the spiritaul and see the truth.

what 'carving' are you talking about? all I see are some rectangular fields...

do you also think the Atlanteans 'carved' these 'mysterious' rectangles around this small town?

IPB Image\

just wondering...

Edited by Pax Unum

I thought of something. Maybe "Atlantis" isn't real, but a really ancient cilization existed. But the name of it was lost & when the story came up it became Atlantis. Just a thought.

Sorry for my spelling.

I thought of something. Maybe "Atlantis" isn't real, but a really ancient cilization existed. But the name of it was lost & when the story came up it became Atlantis. Just a thought.

Sorry for my spelling.

Atlantis isn't real, it was made up by Plato. there could very well be undiscovered civilizations, we really know very little about what humans were doing before the end of the last ice age... IMO

Atlantis isn't real, it was made up by Plato. there could very well be undiscovered civilizations, we really know very little about what humans were doing before the end of the last ice age... IMO

Pax, if people want to believe it's real let them. Like me, I believe it was real. Because people are searching for the lost city! It might be a different civilization but the name of it was lost. And it became Atlantis. Yes, there are some undicsovered places in the world.

I'm of the camp that believes that the Atlantis legend was derived from the Theran explosion wiping out the Minoan civilization. The basic story made its way to Plato's hands, who modified it to fit the story he was telling. An no, he didn't include any nonsense about flying machines or super-advanced societies.

http://www.labyrinthina.com/ica.htm

The Nazca Spaceport

and the Ica Stones of Peru

Ancient Engraved Records

With over 15,000 stones in existence and theories of extra-terrestrial intelligence, controversy continues to surround the Ica Stones. As far as the Peruvian government is concerned, the issue is closed. However, the enigma of the Ica Stones will simply not go away.

"He suggests that the earth at that time was vastly different then it is now, with 80% landmass, and very little water. The planetary situation suffered due to an increase in the level of the heating of the atmosphere, and from the fact that solar energy could not escape the vapor mist which blocked the outward radiation. Gliptolithic man attempted to manipulate the biological cycles of nature but eventually cataclysm resulted in tectonic shifts, massive floods, and the movement of the continents.

As the ancient civilization prepared to depart Earth they chose as their destination a planet in a system belonging to the star cluster Pleiades that they knew well, it was their original homeland. A large stone in Cabrara's library shows the hemispheres of that planet having intelligent life and space faring capability.

One extraordinary stone depicts a man staring at the heavens through a telescope projecting his "cognitive energy" into the cosmos to capture a great quantity of energy, symbolize by diagrams of pyramids. This energy was used for storage, accumulation, and distribution of an unknown “force” which could be released outwards into the cosmos to influence celestial events. "

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...earch&meta=

http://www.weirdvideos.com/ancient2.html

http://www.labyrinthina.com/stargate.htm

Edited by crystal sage

I'm of the camp that believes that the Atlantis legend was derived from the Theran explosion wiping out the Minoan civilization. The basic story made its way to Plato's hands, who modified it to fit the story he was telling. An no, he didn't include any nonsense about flying machines or super-advanced societies.

yeah, I pitch my tent there as well... :D

Pax, if people want to believe it's real let them. Like me, I believe it was real. Because people are searching for the lost city! It might be a different civilization but the name of it was lost. And it became Atlantis. Yes, there are some undicsovered places in the world.

hey, believe what you want, but no place called Atlantis will ever be found... it never existed

:tu:B)

HOW I FOUND THE LOST ATLANTIS, THE SOURCE OF ALL CIVILIZATION

by Dr. Paul Schliemann

http://www.sacred-texts.com/atl/hif/hif06.htm

"This extraordinary discovery and my failing health induced me to push more rapidly my investigations. I found in the Museum at St. Petersburg one of the oldest papyrus rolls in existence. It was written in the reign of Pharaoh Sent, of the Second Dynasty, or 4,571 years B. C. It contains a description of how the Pharaoh sent out an expedition 'to the West' in search of traces of the 'Land of Atlantis,' whence '3,350 years ago the ancestors of the Egyptians arrived carrying with themselves all the wisdoms of their native lands.' The expedition returned after five years with the report that they had found neither people nor objects which could give them a clue as to the vanished land. Another papyrus, in the same museum, written by Manetho, the Egyptian historian, gives a reference of a period of '13,900 years as the reign of the sages of Atlantis.' The papyrus places this at the very beginning of Egyptian history; it approximates 16,000 years ago.

"An inscription which I excavated at the Lion Gate at Mycenae in Crete recites that Misor, from whom, according to the inscription, the Egyptians were descended, was the child of Taaut or Thoth, the God of History, and that Taaut was the emigrated son of a 'priest of Atlantis, who having fallen in love with a daughter of King Chronos, escaped and landed after many wanderings in Egypt.' He built the first temple at Sais and there taught the wisdom of his native land. This full inscription is most important, and I have kept it secret. You will find it among the papers marked D."

I cannot go further here into more than a small part of the enormous mass of evidence, and it is material evidence of this continent of Atlantis that my grandfather had collected. I must pass to the end of this remarkable document:

"One of the tables of my Trojan excavation gives also a medical treatise of the Egyptian priests--for there was communication between Crete and Egypt for many centuries--for the removal of cataract from the eye and ulcer from the intestines by means of surgery. I have read almost a similar formula in a Spanish manuscript in Berlin whose writer took it from an Aztec priest in Mexico. That priest had gotten it from an ancient Mayan manuscript.

"In coming to my conclusion I must say that neither the Egyptians nor the Mayan race that made the civilization of Central America before the Aztecs were great navigators. They had no ships to cross the Atlantic. Nor did they. We can dismiss the agency of the Phoenicians

(Column Four)

as a real link between the hemispheres. Yet the similarity of Egyptian and Mayan life and civilization is so perfect that it is impossible to think of it as an accident. We find no such accidents in nature or history. The only possibility is that there was, as the legend says, a great continent that connected what we now call the New World with what we call the old. Perhaps at this time what there was of Europe and America was populated with monsters. Africa possibly had a monkey-like negro race. Man in our sense had not overrun them. But there was a land where civilization as high as that we now know and perhaps higher was flourishing. Its outskirts were the edge of wilderness. It was Atlantis. From Atlantis came the colonies that settled Egypt and Central America.

I realized that I faced a serious problem indeed, despite all the astonishing evidence, greater far than any one dreams, left me by my grandfather. There were other notes and allusions to the material proofs which were in the secret safe in Paris, and besides these was the strict injunction that I should keep the matter secret until I had followed up his instructions and had finished my research.

For six years I have worked indefatigably in Egypt, in Central and South America and in all the archeological museums on the globe. I have discovered Atlantis, I have verified the existence of this great continent and the fact that from it sprang all the civilizations of historic times without a doubt.

Edited by crystal sage

:innocent:B)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/...10427073646.htm

Field Museum Anthropologists Establish Date And Importance Of The Americas' Oldest City

CHICAGO - New radiocarbon dates of plant fibers indicate that the site of Caral (120 miles north of Lima, Peru) was home to the earliest known urban settlement - with monumental corporate architecture and irrigation agriculture - in the New World. The surprising evidence pushes the development of these important advances in the Americas back to as early as 2627 B.C. - a time when the pyramids were being built in Egypt.

http://www.globalheritagefund.org/news/GHF...an_feb_2005.asp

STONE TEMPLE SECRETS

In Peru 3,000 years ago, priests sent their followers into a bizarre undergound maze. John Rick reveals what happened down there.

By Tyler Bridges

Stanford Magazine

The research has yielded important findings. Earlier archaeologists had pegged Chavín’s beginnings between 800 B.C. and 200 B.C. Thanks also to radiocarbon dating conducted at Chavín, Rick’s team determined that construction at the site actually ended shortly after 800 B.C. They now believe it was built over several hundred years in 15 stages, beginning in 1,200 B.C. or earlier.

The subterranean hallways hold the key to understanding what happened at Chavín, says Rick. “The galleries are a fascinating mystery—complex and costly construction with no obvious function,” he says. But they are beginning to give up their secrets. Excavations have yielded massive offerings in some of the chambers, and ceremonial objects like the Strombus trumpets in others. The Lanzon, a five-meter monolith of white granite depicting the Chavín god—a feline head with a human body—sits at the crossing of passages in one gallery system. “The Lanzon was certainly an object of worship, and perhaps even an oracle that spoke with the help of priests,” Rick says.

Just as revealing are the presence of shined coal “mirrors” commonly found in the excavations and the positioning of drainage canals that maximized the auditory impact of rushing water. Taken together, the evidence convinces Rick that Chavín de Huántar was designed for an evangelical purpose: to convert the uninitiated. During a mind-blowing ritual in which sights and sounds were manipulated to powerful effect, the priests at Chavín were giving religious ceremony—and themselves—a position of influence. The significance of this goes beyond worship. Rick says it suggests a new model of human organization.

IMAGINE A SOCIETY in which there was no governing force over a village or settlement—no hierarchical management, no division of labor, and no assumption of privilege or power. That was what existed among Andean people—and much of the rest of the world—before Chavín de Huántar was built, Rick says. “We just assume because of the way our world works that leadership and authority are built into society. [Most of] the archaeological record shows no haves or have-nots.

Edited by crystal sage

what i'm trying to say and you **EDIT** seem not to get ,

is the time of the first.

its a time when they carved the bed rock not cut and make blokes for pyamids.

but a time when they carved the bed rock as in heaven as on earth as one ,

like man that they saw in heaven.

and like the people that built the pyramids they did rise in understanding ,but it was the

first time that man did.

**M.A.D., if you cannot discuss things without throwing in insults and snide comments, take a walk until you can.**

Edited by aquatus1

do you also think the Atlanteans 'carved' these 'mysterious' rectangles around this small town?

IPB Image\

just wondering...

and within what you show i can see the bedrock that lies below the earth that the farmer works.

the shadows that i'm talken about are deeper in the soil.

how about this maybe at first it was the people of the atlantic and through forklore and tales

and from generation to generation got shorter and shorter to give a better story but could be understood

IPB Image\

just wondering...

and within the rectangles what do you see

IPB Image\

because in yours and in mine the shadows that i'm talking about are not cast by the sun

that shine in the sky, the houses at the bottum on mine cast his light with shadow.

no this light shines deep in what lies below the surface but the root and back to the first.

till the son that is within startes to shine ,like a big comming out party all in one and one in all