Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The dark man

awyldchyld

OK, i got one for all you urban legend peeps out there. Can you tell me, have you ever heard of this? Who is it, or anything you can about it? I want to know what he wanted with my boyfriend.

True story:

My boyfriend was on his way from his small town wyoming to 50 miles to the town his parents lived. There were several things he had to stop for going wrong with the truck. Once the belt broke (timing i think) he replaced it, it started shaking like he was losing control as if something was forcing it off the road. He stopped in a parking lot. When he got out he saw this black figure, dressed in black with a cowboy/rimmed black hat. He couldn't see the guys face, his face was blurred for some reason as if he had no face. He felt this weird vibe CERTAINLY EVIL. He had heard of others seeing this guy but couldn't place where or what they have said. True story, he will never forget that night and always wondered what it meant?

Anyone ever hear urban legend stories about this type of guy? Please email me, **EDIT** if you have heard about it. It creeps me out.

Edited by aquatus1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Iceman15

• Caayn

• ImaLoner

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

Never heard of him. That was a scary experience your boyfriend had. I would be screaming my head off.

Which I could tell you since I'm somewhat of the know of things. But I don't. ^^;

I've never heard of this one before. Snappy dresser though, kind of like the Shadow!

"Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of man? The Shadow knows!"

The ghost of Johnny Cash...God rest his soul....he should have requested "I walk the line".......or more appropriately "I've been everywhere".

That's pretty creepy, i've never heard of him before though.

Did your boyfriend think the dark man caused his car problems?

The Black Sabotager:

Many know him as the Cowboy of "misfortune". Back in the Western times of cowboys and saloons there was a man by the name of Andy Rylde, he was like any old cowboy; thief, murder, etc. But he had a nack for sabotaging wagons that carried money and possessions across towns. One day he was taking apart the wheel of a wagon and the wagon tipped over crushing him to death. It was said that his soul would possess transportation vehicles and somehow stop them from working and appear at the scene where they stopped functioning. He is usually described as wearing a long trench coat like jacket or a vest and cowboy boots that the spurres that have gold coloring. People say that the reason why you can see his face is because when the wagon fell on him it crushed his whole body including smashing the entire face.

Edited by Iceman15

True story:

My boyfriend was on his way from his small town wyoming to 50 miles to the town his parents lived. There were several things he had to stop for going wrong with the truck. Once the belt broke (timing i think) he replaced it, it started shaking like he was losing control as if something was forcing it off the road. He stopped in a parking lot. When he got out he saw this black figure, dressed in black with a cowboy/rimmed black hat. He couldn't see the guys face, his face was blurred for some reason as if he had no face. He felt this weird vibe CERTAINLY EVIL.

So...what happened next? Your story is incomplete.

The ghost of Johnny Cash...God rest his soul....he should have requested "I walk the line".......or more appropriately "I've been everywhere".

Or maybe, Ring of Fire. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh creepy story. :blink:

So the overwhelming similarities between this 'Dark Man' and the 'Dark Man' in Stephen King's 'The Stand' are just coincidence right?

You know, like his name, and they was he dresses (cowboy) and the blurred face and the overwhelming evilness, etc etc.

Maybe King based his Randall Flagg on this guy, or..

Must'a been Randell Flagg, say thankya.

Exactly. Stephen King book reference.

He walks behind the rows I hear...lives in texas and drives a black caddy?... :unsure2:

Alas, he was murdered by a were-spider. Don't you people read?!?! :)

He walks behind the rows I hear...lives in texas and drives a black caddy?... :unsure2:

He calls it his pimp mobile. Fear him. :P

Basically, it all comes down to religion. And since that's fictitious, as I've stated many months ago in some now unfindable thread, everything that comes forth from that is inspired by fiction. Like the black-part. Everything black, or dark, is evil? Moles are evil? Night is evil? Negroes are evil? So now I go too far? It's exactly what people [caucasians] thought when first confronted with other races, like Africans. So, what about this story? If it's black and it's a man and he's dressed like a real man's man with the hat and all [apart from the Randall Flagg reference] he is evil and from some dark place beyond our corporial world? No. It is not. It is probably fake and if it isn't, it's a misunderstanding.

It goes for everything on these boards. If it's black-eyed or dark coloured it is considered to be demonous or something similar to it. I say: cast off this stigma of evil and open your minds beyond age-old religious carved-in prejudice.

The Black Sabotager:

Many know him as the Cowboy of "misfortune". Back in the Western times of cowboys and saloons there was a man by the name of Andy Rylde, he was like any old cowboy; thief, murder, etc. But he had a nack for sabotaging wagons that carried money and possessions across towns. One day he was taking apart the wheel of a wagon and the wagon tipped over crushing him to death. It was said that his soul would possess transportation vehicles and somehow stop them from working and appear at the scene where they stopped functioning. He is usually described as wearing a long trench coat like jacket or a vest and cowboy boots that the spurres that have gold coloring. People say that the reason why you can see his face is because when the wagon fell on him it crushed his whole body including smashing the entire face.

I bet this is it.

yea that would be cool if i didnt make the whole thing up, i was wondering if anybody actually believed it lol :D

LOL.. I was skimming through the thread.. and when you started talking about the cowboy, I straightened up and said, "FINALLY something interesting!" not to say I believed it, but I liked how you told it.. :D Who knows? You could have just started a new urban legend, ala black-eyed kid.. 10 to 20 years from now, this may be a story that makes its rounds on the net and is spread to strike fear in travelers from all over.. :::: scratches chin ::::: wonder how many people read what you wrote about the cowboy and immediately posted about it elsewhere or shared the story with someone.. lol

LOL.. I was skimming through the thread.. and when you started talking about the cowboy, I straightened up and said, "FINALLY something interesting!" not to say I believed it, but I liked how you told it.. :D Who knows? You could have just started a new urban legend, ala black-eyed kid.. 10 to 20 years from now, this may be a story that makes its rounds on the net and is spread to strike fear in travelers from all over.. :::: scratches chin ::::: wonder how many people read what you wrote about the cowboy and immediately posted about it elsewhere or shared the story with someone.. lol

are black-eyed kids real? i have read aacounts of ppl meeting them...

are black-eyed kids real? i have read aacounts of ppl meeting them...

I don't really know if they are or not... I think that there COULD be something to the accounts.. But, I'm more skeptical, since it started with the report of a news reporter in Texas (I think that's where he was from).. Anyway, prior to his account, there had never been anything on it.. So, I'm torn between believing that the sightings that people claim to have are either A) brought on by what they read or b ) a very creative imagination or c) that prior to this reporter's sighting, there had never been a SURVIVOR to tell the tale of a black-eyed kid, and that people are now more aware of such things...

I think it's one of those things where you have to see it to believe it, but it's nice to know that there are reports in case you ever saw something like that.. ie., you know NOT to let anyone into your home who has black eyes and asks to be INVITED in.. If you haven't already, do a search on them on here.. there have been quite a few topics started, I think..

we should start a "Fake Urban Legends" thread lol that'll be awesome and people can make up story and see how believable they acutally are