Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death toll-o-meter

S.O.B

every day i turn on the news and see a big hour long debate about some super-fascinating angle on the kobe bryant case. or i learn some must-know knowledge about rush limbaugh.

it's funny though, because in the paper, and internet i read a lot more detail about our troops who seem to be getting killed daily in a supposedly happy, recently liberated country. this seems bizarre to me since the war has supposedly been over since may.

it's an outrage to me that an american can die in a foreign country, on duty, and instead of his name and picture in heavy rotation every 5 minutes, all i see is some crap about some ridiculous basketball player!

no more...every day, here, from now on american soldiers get recognized.

they don't seem to publish their names but today 4 soldiers died - this is from cnn's website:

"BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Four U.S. military police, including a commanding officer, and two Iraqi policemen, were killed in two separate incidents Friday."

if bush is going to be so callous as to actually start a PR campaign to gloss this unacceptable nonsense over, then i'm going to start one to focus on it. it's a disgrace.

338 dead Americans so far.

user posted image

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• S.O.B

• Nancy

• Kismit

• Journey

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive on Brother, Good to know that someone else here shares my sentiments-

A great idea in my opinion....

Remember your state motto though, and where this war is being directed from-

every day i turn on the news and see a big hour long debate about some super-fascinating angle on the kobe bryant case. or i learn some must-know knowledge about rush limbaugh.

it's funny though, because in the paper, and internet i read a lot more detail about our troops who seem to be getting killed daily in a supposedly happy, recently liberated country. this seems bizarre to me since the war has supposedly been over since may.

I suggest your change News Stations.

To my knowledge, no one.... repeat... no one said 'the war is over' in May 2003.

No one.

I posted this one quite a while back , but it appears to be still going ... IRAQ-O-METER

It appears that there are 444 coalition soldiers dead as well as the incredibly tragic number of 7840 dead civilians ... 1919 wounded GI's which now includes 1 Kiwi soldier ...

and a total of 000 days since a U.S. soldier has been killed ..

I wonder how many of those civilians where children ?

and a total of 000 days since a U.S. soldier has been killed ..

I wonder how many of those civilians where children ?

According to The Associated Press:

A Look at U.S. Daily Deaths in Iraq

The Associated Press

As of Friday, Nov. 7, 388 U.S. service members have died since the beginning of military operations in Iraq, according to the Department of Defense. The department did not provide an update Saturday or Sunday.

The British military has reported 52 deaths; Denmark, Spain, Ukraine and Poland reported one each.

On or since May 1, when President Bush declared that major combat operations in Iraq had ended, 250 U.S. soldiers have died in Iraq, according to the latest Defense Department figures.

Since the start of military operations, 1,889 U.S. service members have been injured as a result of hostile action, according to the Defense Department's figures as of Friday. Non-hostile injured numbered 341.

The latest deaths reported by U.S. Central Command:

A 1st Armored Division soldier was killed Saturday by an explosive while on patrol in Baghdad.

The latest identifications reported by the Department of Defense:

Army Staff Sgt. Mark D. Vasquez, 35, Port Huron, Mich.; killed by an explosive Saturday in Fallujah; assigned to 1st Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division; Fort Riley, Kan.

Army Chief Warrant Officer 5 Sharon T. Swartworth, 43, Virginia; killed Friday in a Black Hawk helicopter crash near Tikrit; Swartworth was the regimental warrant officer for the Judge Advocate General Office; based at Headquarters Department of the Army, Pentagon.

11/09/03 17:31 EST

the only thing that irritates me more than the left, is the right. they're both caught in a perpetual stereotype contest. barking nascar dads on one side and sniveling elbow patch wearing eternal students on the other.

the notions of left and right are illusions anyway, dreamed up by our one-party system: the republicrats, to keep one or the other of them in office for perpetuity.

the reason iraq had a brutal dictator is because they are a primitve people. saddam knew how to rule them. all they know or respect is power because they're savages like all arabs - they don't want no steeenking democracy!

why would we want to get involved in a viper-pit like that unless they have something we want? why aren't we going for the oil anyway?

well, why not? - at least then we'd have a good reason to invade them and we wouldn't have to pretend. seems like we could save a lot of money too if we had our own oil producing region. i'm all for crushing the iraqis for their oil, but chasing WMD or installing a democracy is stupid and a waste of americans.

i wasn't really against the war in principle, it just seemed like we had no reason to go, no good plan once we got there, and the act would screw up our international position amongst civilized nations if we did - so why go?

the president could have been doing a lot more useful things this whole time in our own country. who cares about that little annoyance saddam.

if you're going to take over iraq, you need a giant international coalition to come handhold them for the next century - we didn't have that. that's the only way to do it the nice way.

if you're going to go alone, like we did, you need to be ready to put heads on pikes by the roadside and wipe whole towns from existence every time an occupation force soldier dies. if not, you are just wasting the finest fighting force in history on a half-baked idea from a weak king.

the reason iraq had a brutal dictator is because they are a primitve people. saddam knew how to rule them. all they know or respect is power because they're savages like all arabs - they don't want no steeenking democracy!

All Arabs Are Savages??? I think many people would take MASSIVE offense to that statement. Not only are you sterotyping them, but also you making them all seem like merciless killers. The reason saddam came to power and how he stayed in power was through fear, and violence. He seized control after a coup d'etat, an kept himself in power via his secret police, How many iraqis went "missing" under suspicious circumstances while he was in power? must be well into the millions, and to keep the kurds in line he gassed them. Its Fear he used to control the populous, not becuase they were primitive or savages.

Speaking of stereotyping......I wonder what kind of neighbors Mohammed al-Rehaief will encounter? The movie mentioned that he was brought to the states to live, after Jessica Lynch was rescued. sad.gif

I must agree the statement All Arabs are savages is quite ignorant . Unless you have met all Arabs then you can not make this assumption .

If you want to argue a point make sure you do it in a non-offensive manner .

I am anti-war because I am pro-people not because I think I am better than somebody else or because I feel I have a right to police somebody else . The whole thing is just bloody senseless.

i got the wacky idea from our president and his pals - they claim that they are going there to defend the united states from certain doom.

they deny that they are going for the oil at every opportunity - now, are they going for the oil? i don't know if they are or not, if you have some great info, lay it on me.

they could be for all i know - all my point is trying to get at, is that the reasons they officially list are limp.

i don't really care about iraq, but i like honesty. i don't have a lot of high moral conflicts on stuff like this - conquest is human i say, but let's call it what it is.

if we don't, then some day all these lies and propganda pieces will take a life of their own and lead to a really unpredictable situation.

will kobe bryant have anything to do with oil extraction? because if not YAAAAWWWWWNNNN!

i- conquest is human i say, but let's call it what it is.

thumbsup.gif Thank you ! Its about time someone said that. Bush has totally launched an invasion. But its not like it would be the first time this has happned. tongue.gif