Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You only get one dog!

SilverCougar

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2006/11/08/o...ategory=animals

Nov. 8, 2006 — First it was one child. Now authorities say Beijing families will be allowed only one dog.

The restriction is part of efforts to stamp out rabies, state media said Wednesday. It follows a campaign in August in which thousands of dogs were killed in order to fight the disease.

China's capital will institute a "one dog" policy for each household in nine areas, the official Xinhua News Agency said

I can understand this.. 300 or so people are killed by rabies.. and rabies is *NOT* a fun thing to die from...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• luminousphoenix

• Col. Kurtz

• the rebirth

Sadly if people can't take care of them I guess this policy is a good thing. I wonder if all those thousands of dogs had rabies. :hmm:

So how many can they eat?

Gross.

So to fight the rabies, families get one dog? o_O;

I met a Chinese woman when I was on vacation one time, and she said the Chinese will eat anything.

is it like that in North Korea too, people will eat anything not to starve?

ill eat anything too!

i wanna try dog they say it gives you a high sex drive,

must be true how many chinese r there?

(not that ive got any problems in that department) :blush:

In implementing their one child policy they have destroyed extended families. No cousins, no aunts or uncles. It's nice they take overpopulation so seriously, but look where it's gotten them. There are more males than females there now, because females are 'worth less'. Well, now that they're scarce, I bet they're worth a lot more now!

And wouldn't a spay/neuter program help more than limiting the number of dogs a family can own?

Making sure owners immunize their dogs against rabies would make the most sense. Does it really matter how many dogs someone has. 10 dogs all immunized is better then one dog that isn't.

10 dogs all immunized is better then one dog that isn't.

AMEN.

I totally agree.

I sooooo wish that were true for my neighbors! UGH they have 4 dogs now (and this is BOTH of my neighbors with 4 dogs each!!) and those animals bark all the time and disrupt the neighborhood all hours of the day/night!! <_<

I sooooo wish that were true for my neighbors! UGH they have 4 dogs now (and this is BOTH of my neighbors with 4 dogs each!!) and those animals bark all the time and disrupt the neighborhood all hours of the day/night!! <_<

OMG i have a neighbor like that he has 4 dogs and they constantly bark. I`ve lived next door to him for 6 years and those little ****ers still bark at me any time im outside. :no:

my neighbors have like 4 of those little yippy type dogs that drive me insane. everytime they're outside making a raucous, i let my dog (part timberwolf) out to chase them back inside their house. :D

• 3 weeks later...

They should restrict numbers of pets owned by people and number of children bred, as far as I am concerned, all over the world!

LOL ethyl, re how many can they eat???

• 2 weeks later...

China seems to like to restrict things over ther. I would think having a Spay/Nuetering program and mandtory shot program for people with pets would be a better idea.

In implementing their one child policy they have destroyed extended families. No cousins, no aunts or uncles. It's nice they take overpopulation so seriously, but look where it's gotten them. There are more males than females there now, because females are 'worth less'. Well, now that they're scarce, I bet they're worth a lot more now!

And wouldn't a spay/neuter program help more than limiting the number of dogs a family can own?

isnt it the other way around... more females to males? i know what the one child rule is overturned if the first born is not a son, then they can give it anther bash. which ever way it is.. they are essentially breeding themselves out. i

re to the vacc against rabies.. great in theory. but many of these ppl are too poor to do that kind of thing. it happens all over the world. ppl in the lower poverty bracket have stacks of animals, and little care is given to the health side of things. i see it all to often in the industry

isn't it also only one child per family?

also this is my 500th post. yay.

Edited by Death Star III