Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Immortals

crystal sage

The human body isn't intended to live an infinite amount of time. Imagine if every human being that ever was to be born still lived on this planet. Talk about overcrowding! :blink:

Talk about world hunger! Good grief - and global warming - we would have no choice but to live on the Moon, Teraform Mars and be seriously looking for 'land' else where.

HEY -> this might of forced serious space exploration!! :tu:

Jj -

Talk about world hunger! Good grief - and global warming - we would have no choice but to live on the Moon, Teraform Mars and be seriously looking for 'land' else where.

HEY -> this might of forced serious space exploration!! :tu:

Jj -

*sings Its a smaaaall world aaaafter aaaallll.... Ittts a smaaal worrrld aaafter aaaaallll... LOL!

*sings Its a smaaaall world aaaafter aaaallll.... Ittts a smaaal worrrld aaafter aaaaallll... LOL!

:tu::wacko::cry:

:tu::wacko::cry:

:rofl::PB) LOL...I forgot I started this thread... I came across that 'interesting' site after trying to explore and interesting poem......can't find it anymore.... :( ...

..Here's another interesting theory....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/13/...ain673726.shtml

"The book is partly a health guide so people can live to benefit from a coming explosion in technology he predicts will make infinite life spans possible.

Kurzweil writes of millions of blood cell-sized robots, which he calls "nanobots," that will keep us forever young by swarming through the body, repairing bones, muscles, arteries and brain cells. Improvements to our genetic coding will be downloaded via the Internet. We won't even need a heart.

The claims are fantastic, but Kurzweil is no crank. He's a recipient of the $500,000 Lemelson-MIT prize, which is billed as a sort of Academy Award for inventors, and he won the 1999 National Medal of Technology Award. He has written on the emergence of intelligent machines in publications ranging from Wired to Time magazine. The Christian Science Monitor has called him a "modern Edison." He was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame in 2002. Perhaps the MIT graduate's most famous inventions is the first reading machine for the blind that could read any typeface.

During a recent interview in his company offices, Kurzweil sipped green tea and spoke of humanity's coming immortality as if it's as good as done. He sees human intelligence not only conquering its biological limits, including death, but completely mastering the natural world. "

Edited by crystal sage

.. :tu::w00t: .or.... The famed Immortality Gene!!!!

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn3786

The key gene that keeps embryonic stem cells in a state of youthful immortality has been discovered.

The breakthrough may one day contribute to turning ordinary adult cells into those with the properties of human ESCs. This would end the need to destroy embryos to harvest the cells for new medical treatments.

ESCs are unique as they are "pluripotent" - capable of differentiating into the different cells in the body - and hold great potential for treating damaged or diseased organs. But until now scientists did not know how a stem cell renews itself or develops into an new kind of cell.

The gene found in mouse ESCs and some human equivalents appears to be the "master gene", co-ordinating other genes to allow stem cells to multiply limitlessly while still retaining their ability to differentiate. It has been christened Nanog after the land in Celtic myth called Tir nan Og, whose inhabitants remain forever young.

"Nanog seems to be a master gene that makes ESCs grow in the laboratory," says Ian Chambers, one of the team at the Institute for Stem Cell Research (ISCR), Edinburgh, Scotland. "In effect this makes stem cells immortal."

"This discovery is very exciting," says Austin Smith, who led the ISCR team. "If Nanog has the same effect in humans as we have found in mice, this will be a key step in the developing embryonic stem cells for medical treatments." :tu: :

Edited by crystal sage

:rofl::PB) LOL...I forgot I started this thread... I came across that 'interesting' site after trying to explore and interesting poem......can't find it anymore.... :( ...

..Here's another interesting theory....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/13/...ain673726.shtml

"The book is partly a health guide so people can live to benefit from a coming explosion in technology he predicts will make infinite life spans possible.

... clipped ....

I found this quote of the good Dr. that really bothered me:

"Death is a tragedy," a process of suffering that rids the world of its most tested, experienced members — people whose contributions to science and the arts could only multiply with agelessness, he said.

Death to me is nota "tragedy" - it is simply a fact of life.

I think one of the other people in the interview pointed out two things that are simply very valid points:

Sherwin Nuland, a bioethics professor at Yale University's School of Medicine, calls Kurzweil a "genius" but also says he's a product of a narcissistic age when brilliant people are becoming obsessed with their longevity. "They've forgotten they're acting on the basic biological fear of death and extinction, and it distorts their rational approach to the human condition," Nuland said.

I think this is a valid point. After a certain age, 50+, people start fearing the 'end'. Now one being just over 50 and have had more than my share of health challenges - I can honestly say, "death does not bother me. I do not fear the fact that I'm going to die. Why? Fearing death isn't going to make it go away! I've choosen to not fear death, but to enjoy life! Now I will say that when it's my time - I would rather it not be painful... "

The instinct to preserve individuality, and to gain advantage for yourself and children, would survive any breakthrough into biological immortality — which Silver doesn't think is possible. The gap between the haves and have-nots would widen and Kurzweil's vision of a united humanity would become ever more elusive, he said.

I think those who 'owned' this technology would use it to their own end. The Rich & Powerful could afford this and we the middle +/- class would not. Thus the Rich and Powerful would grow more Rich and more Powerful and those who were not - well - simply put would not.

As long as Poltics and Money exist - so will the abuse of power over those people that are not into the political scene and are not rich.

Jj -

People are not immortal.

oh yes they are.

Not to burst your bubble...

But it's BS.

still just because this one website he posted is BS doesn't mean that people being immortal is BS.

still just because this one website he posted is BS doesn't mean that people being immortal is BS.

BS, Fantasy, Tabloid News - all equals one thing - simply not true.

There simply is no evidence - a true "Imortal" would be so on the run - now w/all sorts of ID, tax records, passports, and other checks/balances. Then add to that Theft ID watches built in. Unless they lived in the 3rd world and choose to be forever poor - they simply couldn't hide. Would be simply impossible.

BS, Fantasy, Tabloid News - all equals one thing - simply not true.

There simply is no evidence - a true "Imortal" would be so on the run - now w/all sorts of ID, tax records, passports, and other checks/balances. Then add to that Theft ID watches built in. Unless they lived in the 3rd world and choose to be forever poor - they simply couldn't hide. Would be simply impossible.

So you don't believe that there is another realm after the physical realm. Which consists of spirits living in that realm. So you believe that once you die. Your dead. And you don't believe that your soul your spirit lives in the spirit world when you die and leave the physical world.

So you don't believe that there is another realm after the physical realm. Which consists of spirits living in that realm. So you believe that once you die. Your dead. And you don't believe that your soul your spirit lives in the spirit world when you die and leave the physical world.

This is all just your opinion like usual. Don't state it like its fact. :sleepy:

This is all just your opinion like usual. Don't state it like its fact. :sleepy:

look whos talking. <_< It's skeptical eric. :w00t:

:lol::lol::lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:P:P:P

That was not the focal point of the dialog - "LIfe after death"

I think you need in all fairness to let us know you changed the focal point of the orginal point of the thread.... :tu:

Jj -

...from another site....

:ph34r:

http://present-truth.org/death_secrets######2.htm

What would happen now if Adam and Eve, having sinned, should continue to eat of the tree of life?

This tree was planted in the midst of the Garden, as was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:9), To partake of the latter meant death, To partake regularly of the tree of life would perpetuate life.

What now?

We read: "The Lord God said, , , , Lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way Ii the tree of life," Genesis 3:22,24, God did not propose that sinners should live forever.

From this clear Biblical picture of the matter we conclude two things: (I) Man was created with the possibility of immortality before him on condition that he meet the test of obedience. (2) Man was not created with inherent immortality, He was "subject unto death" if he should sin.

Thus we are not shocked to find the Bible reference to man as "mortal." We quote, "Shall mortal man be more just than God? Job 4:17. Nor are we surprised to find this very sweeping statement regarding God, "who only hath immortality," 1 Timothy 6:16.

In other words, God is immortal and man is mortal, In fact, the word immortal is found but once in the Bible and is applied to God. "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God," 1 Timothy 1:17,

DID GOD GIVE MAN AN IMMORTAL SOUL?

http://www.hawza.org.uk/index.php?option=c...=view&id=92

Edited by crystal sage

The immortality gene....

"

Led by Sheng Ding, the Scripps team has created a chemical compound -- a so-called small molecule that reverses the aging process of mouse muscle cells, turning them into "stem-like cells" and then re-growing them into different cells "just like a newt," Ding said.

Ding said more research has to be done to determine exactly what reversine does to the cells, but he's optimistic he's onto something. The chemists' goal is to create a single compound that will turn ordinary cells into embryonic cells and then use another compound to direct the new cells to grow into desired tissues.

Clues may well come from research at University College London, where Jeremy Brockes has isolated an enzyme implicated in the salamander's ability to re-grow an eye lens after it has been surgically removed.

Brockes said he would be amazed if the mechanics of salamander and human cell growth differs much: "Because it would seem very strange that an animal with the same basic body plan such as ours did not have something very important to teach us about regeneration."

http://www.voy.com/28371/414.html

http://www.worldhealth.net/p/genes-governi...2006-08-22.html

Genes Governing Embryonic Stem Cell "Immortality" Discovered

Embryonic stem cells differ from other cells in the body. They can divide seemingly endlessly; they do not perform a specialized function; and, ultimately, they can become any other type of cell. How they do this remains a mystery, but new research has uncovered some of the genes that allow these cells to renew themselves.

Molecular biologist Ihor Lemischka of Princeton University and his colleagues used a bent sequence of RNA--so-called short hairpin RNA (shRNA)--to sequentially turn on and off various genes within embryonic stem cells from a mouse. The shRNA, delivered by a virus, allowed the researchers to determine whether a given gene helped control stem cell differentiation. Focusing on 70 genes that make transcription factors--proteins that control a suite of other genes--the scientists found 10 likely candidates.

The team then engineered versions of these genes that could be turned on and off by the presence of the drug doxycycline to uncover their specific effects. Seven of the identified genes proved to be potent regulators of a stem cell's ability to split and then renew itself. Without them, the cell rapidly became specialized, losing its unique pluripotent status.

The research offers hope of one day being able to control the renewal and development of stem cells into specific specialized cells. "This is the beginning of developing ways of manipulating these cells toward desired ends," Lemischka offers. "In some ways, it's just the tip of the iceberg. We haven't looked at all the genes."

Lemischka and his colleagues plan to continue research into mouse stem cells as well as human colonies. "One of the clear goals is to perform similar studies in the human embryonic stem cell system," he notes. The research was published online yesterday in Nature. --David Biello

Many excellent science fiction novels in the 1950's and 60's explored this posibility. They looked at the consequences of individuals, small groups and the whole world achieving physical immortality(usually but not always excepting accidental death) While fascinating stories the main value in these novels is how they explored alternative responses and consequences to the different scenarios. For example a man who had live for thousands of years would both avoid parts of the world which were physically dangerous, and be well prepared for staying secret in the information age.He would have a great deal of wealth through simple accumulation/investment and plenty of time to develop many deep cover identities all round the world. He could do this long before modern methods of identification. Of course, if very many people became immortal the issue of reproduction and resource use became critical. On a more realistic note demographers say that a woman born in a developed country today will have an average lifespan of 100 years and most of this will be healthy and mobile.Genetics suggest that man has a limited ability to reproduce genes which fixes our life span at a maximum of about 120 years, but gene manipulation and new technologies may alter this. My prediction is that we will achieve the scientific ability to become "immortal"/very long lived, long before we are spiritually/socially ready for it. Much the same happened with birth control and other medical advances which have radically changed our society. As for immortals already living among us. Anything is possible, from a variety of perspectives, and lack of current evidence is not conclusive proof, but the balance of probabilities is against it.

• Like 1

:tu: Just found this site.... any opinions here????

:geek:

http://www.jhershierra.com/index.html?gcli...CFR_uYAodBTsVAw

"Resurrected Immortals Live Among Us, Physical Immortality Is Possible

Life can be greater than we ever imagined. People have been resurrecting and achieving physical immortality since before the days of Lazarus. Resurrected Immortals move among us, some have estates, businesses and bank accounts. They also have their own retreats hidden away from humanity. Immortals have perfect bodies. They can disappear and reappear anywhere on the planet (teleportation). They can communicate telepathically with others, walk on water and through fire, nothing is impossible for them. Immortals guide humanity in their spiritual evolution. They are what many call guardian angels. They remain in an immortal state to work among humanity to promote freedom and spiritual evolution.

For Hundreds of years the Immortals have been slowly teaching us the way to freedom. All current teachings bring us into Disciple level. Jhershierra's book and her school "The 7 Levels to Mastery and Immortality" take humanity to the next levels Initiate, Master and Resurrected Immortal.

Start our classes at the7 Levels School by reading the book and filling out an application. Resurrection , Physical Immortality and eventual Ascension is the purpose of all humanity and the real message of Jesus' Life.

The Greatest Mistake in human history is finally revealed, The Golden Age is already here, Immortals live among us and we can join them."

http://www.jhershierra.com/jhershierra.html

hate to disagree with you on this one, but guardian angels may be immortal but they dont do stuff like what this article says. guardian angels are created to guard something someone or some place, hence the word "gardian" maybe the right word for the beings in which you speak of are spirit guides? and not to be a sceptic or anything but physically it is impossible to be immortal. maybe spiritually yes, but not physically.

We have taken a serious tangent from the orginal post #1.

So are we now accepting that physically born humans cannot be immortal until they die and move on?

Y? N?

With angels - they are not human as we are. They are totally different, well "Level of being/life form."

Spirit, again totally different from physically born humans.

... So where are we with Post #1's statement?? We agree that it's Tabloid News?? Or are we stll suggesting it's happening right now: That we have "Duncan McLouds" walking the planet??

Jj -

The whats it called? violet fire she called it, i believe maay be the same as the breath energy experienced with proper pranayama technique, same vibrations felt in deep meditation. but she wouldnt tell me, said buy the book. but she does not promise immortality, although i believe the yogis may sit in these vibrations for many hours a day. ,mm hey good book, "autobiography of a yogi"

remmember though, saint germain was said to be an alchemist.

look whos talking. <_< It's skeptical eric. :w00t:

:lol::lol::lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:P:P:P

Sane Eric. Hmm. Unlike some. :innocent:

The actual human body wasn't made to be 'immortal,' the soul was. Even if there is a gene for regeneration and be able to live thousands of years, it still wouldn't be true 'immortality.'

Jesus Christ, ascended masters, had physical human bodies, whether they turned their human bodies from physicality to their 'spirit/soul', or had the ability from turning it back and forth is another story.

I agree that 'guardian angels' are different, their souls are different from humans or any type of being that is outside of their 'species.' Though granted, if they were to be born to learn and experience a semi-human life, their bodies would still in a sense 'die.' Just like the ascended masters.

"After Jesus resurrected he went one step further and completely transcended life on earth when he made his ascension. He demonstrated what was possible for every human being. The Golden Age is already occurring we just need to understand the true message of Jesus. There is NO freedom in death. After death we exist in an energy body (ghost) just like the one we had and continue the same existence without any real freedom. Some call this the Astral Worlds, Purgatory, Heaven or Hell. How you lived on earth will determine how you live after you die. The only real freedom is to master this world and defeat death. Immortals can travel between our world and the Astral/Heaven/Hell/Purgatory worlds at will. They control all time and space. "-Cited from the site After Jesus resurrected he went one step further and completely transcended life on earth when he made his ascension. He demonstrated what was possible for every human being. The Golden Age is already occurring we just need to understand the true message of Jesus. There is NO freedom in death. After death we exist in an energy body (ghost) just like the one we had and continue the same existence without any real freedom. Some call this the Astral Worlds, Purgatory, Heaven or Hell. How you lived on earth will determine how you live after you die. The only real freedom is to master this world and defeat death. Immortals can travel between our world and the Astral/Heaven/Hell/Purgatory worlds at will. They control all time and space." -Cited from this site <********"http://www.jhershierra.com/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.jhershierra.com/index.html

I think some people have misinterpreted this introduction. To transcend this world or so called 'veil' is something that is achieved through learning the truth of this world, and 'seeing' it for what it really is. Its not an opinion nor a criticism, it is sheer 'truth.' But in order to learn it, well, that would take determination, experience, knowledge, practice (not ritual exactly), and progression (not technology or scientific breakthrough). When a person transcends this world, or the 'veil' they are able to do much more than the average 'human.' And they are able to understand and comprehend more as well. Then, in return, the 'soul' is able to so to speak, 'ascend' into a higher existance where the 'soul' is able to exist without having to be reborn into THIS world to learn anymore because they've already fulfilled their potential in THIS world.

It is not the matter of 'death' and how there is no freedom, it is rather the suffering that people infliction on themselves and others in this world. It is knowing more and being able to do so much than simply being subjected to the mass consciousness in which most people exist in today that limits them greatly. Please don't mistaken this as being 'special' in anyway, but being more than who you were before.

Edited by Araezel
  • Like 1