Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did this cat breed with a dog?

Frogs

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OtterLord

• coldethyl

• jesspy

• frogfish

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody unlikely. As stated in the article, dogs and cats have lived side by side ever since they began living with Man. Not only was it never recorded in 10,000 yrs, but it's probably impossible, genetically.

I'm aloof to believe any of this and dismiss it all as a hoax....especially beacuse just underneath the pics of the dog/cats there is a line that reads..."Jedi Knights demand Britain's fourth largest 'religion' receives recognition"..... :unsure: ....ooooooooooooooooof course they do.

Jedi Knights is sadly a religion that originally started as a hoax but got a bit out of hand. Sad but true. As for this catdog. IMPOSSIBLE. Canines and Felines can never have offspring like that. Someone must have shoved puppies up the cat, like a woman did to herself but instead with rabbit parts. It's a hoax. HOAX.

CASE CLOSED.

First of all the daily mail is a very serious paper and is held in high regard in the UK. If there is any type of hoax it will not be from the daily mail it will be from the woman claiming that her cat gave birth to puppies. Not sure if i believe it though. When i was younger there was a randy dog that mated with pretty much everything in the neighbourhood including footballs and puddles but i didnt see any hybrid offspring.

Wow that dog sounds friskier than my dog. 0_o How exactly,um,did the puddle thing work?

I asked my Mom this question years ago, and she said no, so seeing this was interesting. I have to say no that cats and dogs can't have a litter together, I agree with everyone else it's impossible.

"This is Mimi, the first cat to give birth to puppies, her owner claims.

Brazilian Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, says three of the cat’s six offspring, which were born three months after Mimi mated with a neighbour’s dog, have canine traits.

A geneticist from the Passo Fundo University plans to take blood samples from the animals to verify the claim"

Cats are easy

All the morals of an alley cat.

No wait...

It is an alley cat... :P

Seriously, it will be interesting what the genetic tests reveal.

It's a (bad excuse) of a story, with almost no text and no scientific backing at all; probably coming from a poverty ridden region.

Fake.

It's called mechanical isolation. It is physically impossible for them to interbreed. Plus, they have different number of chromosomes.

lol thats so funny and impossiable i mean i have heard of animals being suriigats to other animals but this lol

what would you call such a creature

Cog? Dat?

ha ha I can see one of these things being the next big celebrity thing hey look its paris hilton and here thingy thats a cat and dog all mooshed togetther

Jedi Knights is sadly a religion that originally started as a hoax but got a bit out of hand. Sad but true. As for this catdog. IMPOSSIBLE. Canines and Felines can never have offspring like that. Someone must have shoved puppies up the cat, like a woman did to herself but instead with rabbit parts. It's a hoax. HOAX.

CASE CLOSED.

first don't make fun of my religion :rofl: , second who the heck would belvie this story, Canines and felines are no where close enough related to have kids

So this is supposed to be a serious article? From a serious news source? Wow shows how dumb some reporters are. I mean you learn this stuff in High School for crying out loud!!!