Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Drug Can Make You Super Human

Atheist God

I think that it should be used (with supervision and in limited amounts) on morbidly obese people who can't lose the weight otherwise IN CONJUNCTION with

1.exercise

2.nutrition training

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atheist God

• crystal sage

• Hehe

• nothingliz

True, thats why ive been using it for a few weeks now as an extra supplement to the usual multi-vitamins, 40mg per day. No superhuman abilties or breast cancer yet :P.

I've been taking it for about a month. The research looks interesting. I'm not that interested in lab rats, but the "French paradox" is a reality. For the folks who don't read stuff about cholesterol yet... the French paradox is that the French have much higher longevity than, for example, Americans and their diet is a medical nightmare.... a massive pot of coffee for breakfast with buttery croissants on the side, wine & something buttery and wonderful (with a cream sauce) for lunch and more wine for dinner, interspersed with shots of espresso. Doctors have always wondered why they don't drop dead of a heart attack at 40, but they don't. Doctors have speculated that it's something in the red wine.

Then top researchers from Harvard Medical School and the National Institute on Aging approach the "problem" of aging from a chemical standpoint, starting on a molecular level and not thinking about the French at all. They isolate a substance that works amazingly well in their labs. And, what do you know, it's the same stuff found in red wine.

I find this a lot more convincing than most herbal supplement research. So I'm giving it a shot. I've been feeling good but I haven't noticed any super powers yet.

Edited by Siara

The problem with resveratrol is you have to take 200mg per kg of body weight to see the major benefits. At lower doses it is little more than a antioxidant.

Most resveratrol sold today is 600mg per dose or less, and is usually sold in a "red wine complex" which isn't 100 percent resveratrol. In other words you would have to throw down several whole bottles of resveratrol per day, every day, to see major benefits.

The problem with resveratrol is you have to take 200mg per kg of body weight to see the major benefits. At lower doses it is little more than a antioxidant.

Most resveratrol sold today is 600mg per dose or less, and is usually sold in a "red wine complex" which isn't 100 percent resveratrol. In other words you would have to throw down several whole bottles of resveratrol per day, every day, to see major benefits.

I bought a bottle of the 250mg. 100% resveratrol. I figure it's excellent for the heart and does help fight cancer by increasing antioxidant levels. Least we can radically decrease the chances of dying of a heart attack or cancer. Plus, I have heard that it increases overall longevity in mice by at least 30%. Not sure if this is true for humans as well, but since I've been taking it, I feel pretty good. It could be all in my head, but the way I feel after a couple weeks on it seems to be pretty good. :tu:

Then for restoring brain cells.. B)

RICE to treat brain damage, macadamia nuts instead of morphine – superfoods are being identified to treat complex disorders and replace synthetic medicines, according to a Sydney scientist.

Head of the Australian Centre of Neuropsychotherapy Rod Markam, said the husk of brown rice was being investigated for use in treating obsessive-compulsive disorder along with brain injuries.

“Inosital, found in the skin of brown rice is a vitamin B substitute injected into damaged rat brains and it has been showed to regrow brain cells,” Mr Markham said. “It may be used in the future to treat acquired brain injury and also for brain health generally.”

Mr Markam said synthetically modified drug therapies, many with dangerous side effects, would begin to be replaced…

http://sci.tech-archive.net/pdf/Archive/sc...004-10/3469.pdf