Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

99.5% failure rate: assured

Jjbreen

You cannot be forced to lean one way or the other. It's all up to you.

And I'd choose the most logical. If I ask someone "Show me x if you really can do it." and they don't do it.. I won't believe them.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjbreen

• 3rd rock resident alien

• Atheist God

• mysticart1987

And I'd choose the most logical. If I ask someone "Show me x if you really can do it." and they don't do it.. I won't believe them.

Neither will I and since no one ever really demonstrates special abilities to me I never beleive them.

So what you are saying is that even if anyone showed you in your faec that a certain psi ability exists you still won't believe them. I think that you have denial issues and you are afraid of chnge. Money is your imind and you are very materialistic and you don't want to leave that because you are scared(HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU DID IN THE PAST)

DhA...OraCle

-Randy W.

So what you are saying is that even if anyone showed you in your faec that a certain psi ability exists you still won't believe them.

Actually i believe most people would believe it if you actually done some incredible feat with your mind right in front of them.

On a side note! Sadly Mysticart i have a hard time reading you're posts much less, understanding them!

Ok, for those that seemed to have trouble with the Investment analogy that I used, here is a FICTIONAL company looking to "Open the doors" and looking for your money=time to invest in them. Read it carefully.

THE BELOW IS FICTIONAL

Company Name:

Psi Construct, Inc.

R&D volunteer business for 20+ years.

Products:

Psi Balls – Current production for viable Psi Balls = 0

Psi Shields – Current production for viable Psi Shields = 0

Psi Alarms – Current production for viable Psi Alarms = 0

Psi Portals – Current production for viable Psi Portals = 0

Psi Electricity – Current production for viable Psi Electricity = 0

Psi Kinesis – Current production for viable Psi Kinesis = 0

We are working at improving our production rate even as you read this! We just need your money.

Our Motto:

If you can imagine it as a Psi Power, we will try to ‘make it happen’!

Our Track Record:

Fine Print: We have none. There are no valid reports to track.

Looking for serious Investors:

We are looking to expand! We have 1,000’s of volunteers that come in and donate from ½ hour, 1 hour to 1 ½ hours a day. These volunteers work hard at trying to find real Psi Constructs, over the past 20 years! But now, We Need Your Money!

In the past 20 years with our gracious volunteers we have worked hard to produce viable products for the Psi Community!

Fine Print:

**We have yet to produce anything in the past 20 years but we are on the verge, we can feel it!!**

We just need you to invest your money to take us to the next level.

Need: State of the Art Research & Development Building.

This will allow us to do more in depth R&D into this exciting new field of Psi Constructs. A field where almost anything can happen! Fine Print: We just have NO WAY of proving it’s happening or validating it, but it is exciting. REALLY!!

We are looking to actually give some salary to our more productive volunteers. These are the ones that are really show the validity of Psi Balls and other Psi Constructs. These people are “cutting edge” in this field. They are the “who’s who”.

Fine Print: They have yet to produce anything viable or anything that can be validated.

Investment Risks –

All investments carry a risk of loss. If the company should fail to produce any viable product with your investment, you will loose all investment monies. Remember this company in the past 20 years has produced nothing, except for exaggerated reports that could never be validated or verified; nothing more and nothing less.

Remember if this company produces NOTHING to market or sell - they go out of business. That is reality. In the past 20 years this "Company" has had NOTHING to market or see except subjective hype, nothing viable at all.

This investment is UN-secured and UN-insured - it is a "RISK" investment.

(Edited: Fixed some gramar.)

Edited by Jjbreen

should've went with a gambling analogy JJ. :)

Actually I did think of that - but the odds in gambling at the tables or slots or horse races are more in your favor then this.... :huh:

Jj -

Edited by Jjbreen

But ONCE AGAIN IF you read various threads - I've stated:

I am convienced that RV'ing is valid. Valid PROOF has been given to seen.

NOTE: VALID PROOF!

I am convienced, that Empaths exist. Valid PROOF has been given and seen.

NOTE: VALID PROOF!

I stated that telepathy, limited to certain conditions has been PROVEN.

Twins especially. I've even experienced it first hand. Not enough that I can say, "I'm a telepath.." but enough to say - ok, with the right dynamics in play - ya it's real, it can happen.

That, I never mentioned that in my question.

what I mean so please do NOT play word games. That is so not the point and actually detracts from your points.

I said in my previous post that I do not play word games, so don't misunderstand me. I use words differently, so do others, their meaning may be different from yours.

I’m talking about these “Psi Constructs”, the “X-Men typ psi Powers”

Why pursue something that is going to end in failure?

In the 20+ years that I have been more than just ‘checking it out’ – I’ve yet to see any credible reports of anyone being able to step up and say, “Look, I can do "this"”, and actually do "it".

- Yes I emphasised some words here that were not in the orginal post.

Now this is another point hat I am totally lost - through out this post and other threads on UM - I have clearly stated more than a few times, things like RV - Empath, Telepathy and other abilities I have NO issues with at all. In fact even stated I have seen enough evidence to convince me that these are real and valid. WHY?? They have been PROVEN, more then just a few dozen times!

Some people have mistaken what you mean because they believe that Psi constructs are similar to empahty, RV, Telepathy, and other abilities.

Jjbreen-

Plus there are other abilities that have seen, experienced and witnessed consistantly enough to know they are valid.

Araezel:

So have I. Except some here are in favor of what you are asking from others, instead of yourself.

Jjbreen:

Huh??

*sigh* Its pretty much self-explanitory. When you ask or state something like, 'psi constructs are 100% failure,' you are taking away what others believe, or are interested in learning. There are younger people here that may take what you say as absolute truth, especially when you go on about it for awhile. My point is that a subject should be further researched, tried/practiced, and experienced before anyone starts saying that it is completely false or is unable to be done. Especially when some people are able to construct PSI, there is a level of understanding that some people have as to what they are doing, and how it all works that others might not truly understand until they ACTUALLY do it, whether it be seen in their mind, or in physical reality. Though granted I agree some people imagine doing it as opposed to really doing it, but it doesn't take physical manifestation of the actual energy construct, for it to be real. Think of Astral Projection, and what people do there.

Furthermore, if people want proof, why don't they try it and give it their all to prove it to themselves instead of asking others to do it for them? Are people just going to sit there bantering away about how no one can give them the proof when they can do it themselves? If they are asking for it, and they want to learn if it is true, just do it themselves? Because they are quite capable of doing it. If they are unwilling to learn/practice and experience it, then they truly do not want the proof. And to make this even more clear, I'm talking about PSI CONSTRUCTS, or rather PSI ENERGY MANIPULATION!

Araezel:

Jjbreen you may have taken my words in a different meaning, since I use my words differently. I've been honest in all my posts, if you don't believe me, then so be it because it is your opinion about the way that I am.

Jjbreen:

Huh?? I've not misquoted you - in fact it is shown in the above, that you put words in my posts that were never stated or implied. Please show me where I have taken your words "differently" please....

What you have posted about my words indicates that I am misunderstanding your words such as..."I love it when people make broad statements about things that I seem to say, but never said at all. But then this is one way people avoid answering various or certain specific questions." I am was asking you about Metaphysical energy, which in my terms would equate to the meaning of PSI MANIPULATION/CONSTRUCTS. I already mentioned in my previous post that I did not mean telepathy, empathy, RV, and other abilities. And as I have answered you already about your confusion, I'm sure that you are able to put two and two together about what it is I mean.

Products:

Psi Balls – Current production for viable Psi Balls = 0

Psi Shields – Current production for viable Psi Shields = 0

Psi Alarms – Current production for viable Psi Alarms = 0

Psi Portals – Current production for viable Psi Portals = 0

Psi Electricity – Current production for viable Psi Electricity = 0

Psi Kinesis – Current production for viable Psi Kinesis = 0

If those who actually do PSI energy manipulation believed you about that, they'd be screwed over. You have no idea what some people go through, and what they have to deal with. -__-

So, let me ask, and see what comes of this...

What makes you believe in the physical realm so much? How do you know what you see, hear, and feel from your/others actions is real? Because it hurts, or because its something a person can relate to and understand. But where does that understanding come from? Expectations? Trust? Popularity? Comprehension? What is it?

What if physical reality was all made up? Thinking back about the beginning of the universe, it seems as if the world WAS made up/created.

PSI constructs are in similar concept...As person experiences more, they LEARN and SEE reality Subjectively, and when they meet another they are able to learn from about other subjects, they learn both objectively and subjectively. And as more time goes on there are more opportunities to experience, and when that happens they are able to understand more, and comprehend more. While that happens more of what they learn, practice, experience will manifest on more levels, such as the physical.

I just have one question if all the abilities are real why cant anyone prove they have these abilities, I have never seen anyone prove that any of this is real.

Could be any number of things.

1. They are lying

2. They really don't feel the need to have these abilities validated through experimentation and scientific observation. (a shame really)

3. They are afraid. By yourself, in front of a camera, and in front of skeptics are very different situations. But if they want their claims to be taken seriously by many, they are just gonna have to "man-up" and accept the challenges.

Those are just a few possibilities off the top of my head.

1. They are lying

2. They really don't feel the need to have these abilities validated through experimentation and scientific observation. (a shame really)

3. They are afraid. By yourself, in front of a camera, and in front of skeptics are very different situations. But if they want their claims to be taken seriously by many, they are just gonna have to "man-up" and accept the challenges.

I will agree with that!

The only so called proof i've seen on here is micro pk which i really dont concider valid.

If those who actually do PSI energy manipulation believed you about that, they'd be screwed over. You have no idea what some people go through, and what they have to deal with. -__-

Let me just ask you a very simple question, for which I expect you to be totally straight and honest. Please read how I phrase this carefully, for it is exactlly what I am asking you. There are no 'conditions', 'fine print' or 'if / then'.

In the Psi Construct, Inc. - what you read is what there is. Nothing more and nothing less. No, "well if it was this or that.." it is exactly as posted.

Araezel - Would you honestly invest and put your money into this company as it is posted?? Also state clearly why or why not? No vague answers, but clear and specific reasons why you would or would not invest your money.

Thanks - Jj

PS - I am working on your other posts. But I would really like an honest answer this.

Edited by Jjbreen

Ok, for those that seemed to have trouble with the Investment analogy that I used, here is a FICTIONAL company looking to "Open the doors" and looking for your money=time to invest in them. Read it carefully.

THE BELOW IS FICTIONAL

Company Name:

Psi Construct, Inc.

R&D volunteer business for 20+ years.

(Edited: Fixed some gramar.)

Your business application permit has been denied. You will be investigated by SEC and Trade Industry for running this kind of business for 20 years without any end product.

3rd rock

The licensing division.

My possibilities are endless. I can even make money even the stock that I'm investing falls as hard as the gravity pulls it down and what the market dictates its price to be. Last Nov 20 06 I predicted google stock prices to reach 500. Today November 22 it reach 508. Im now issuing new future prediction, next week, Google stock would reach 515. Google stock would split by December.

Hope that proves it.

Edited by 3rd rock resident alien

Your business application permit has been denied. You will be investigated by SEC and Trade Industry for running this kind of business for 20 years without any end product.

3rd rock

The licensing division.

Ok, enjoyed the humor :tu:

Now the BIG QUESTION - as the Fictional Company is outlined in the post. Would you really invest your money into Psi Constructs, INC?

Yes or No and give clear and specific reasons why or why not. Be specific, please.

Jj -

Your business plan has many flaws. If failed to provide how your product will be used by the consumer. That's why I denied issuing its business license. You have the Psi thing allright but it failed to provide how it will be used. I suggest looking into advices, counselling business where the Psi thing could be visibly seen as the services provided.

Since the business is not viable and without a license, I cannot invest any money in it.

Your business plan has many flaws. If failed to provide how your product will be used by the consumer.

Interesting point - very interesting: How will/would it be used (useful)??

I really like that question! Nicely done!!

Jj -

1. They are lying

I agree as well.

My possibilities are endless. I can even make money even the stock that I'm investing falls as hard as the gravity pulls it down and what the market dictates its price to be. Last Nov 20 06 I predicted google stock prices to reach 500. Today November 22 it reach 508. Im now issuing new future prediction, next week, Google stock would reach 515. Google stock would split by December.

Hope that proves it.

If you follow the stock exchange this is obvious. Making stock predictions accuratly is not due to special powers but simply trends in numbers. It certainly prooves nothing to me as I predicted the same things as you without the need of special powers.

Interesting point - very interesting: How will/would it be used (useful)??

Rewrite your business plan and instead of Psi products you will now render Psi services.

Offer PK parties. Its a start.

If you follow the stock exchange this is obvious. Making stock predictions accuratly is not due to special powers but simply trends in numbers. It certainly prooves nothing to me as I predicted the same things as you without the need of special powers.

How about I make it 490 by next week? It is opposite of what I just said above.

How about I make it 490 by next week? It is opposite of what I just said above.

Your not making anything because you do not control the numbers you are simply predictin up or down it's a 50/50 shot. It's all guess work really. Many people predicted already this week that googles stock will drop below 500. Stocks go up and stocks go down in value you still haven't proven anything.

When you made the prediction that google will reach 500 it was already made by economists etc the week prior. Your not controlling anything just merely following market trends. I completely expect google stocks to fall below 500 which is why I sold mine already. The stock is clearly nearing it's peak and I have made more then enough money from google for now. I will likely buy back a lot of stock again once the price falls to make even more money. I bought my stock way back when it was $85 and have made over 5 times my money back. Many people will sell their stock this week ensuring a drop in the companies stock value.

I think you watch to much of that Jim Cramer fellow on TV....

Rewrite your business plan and instead of Psi products you will now render Psi services.

Offer PK parties. Its a start.

Umm, this isn't Avon, Tupperware, MaryKay, Shaklee or Amway..

They at least have a proven and valid marketable product - for which they can easily prove exist.

Actually you asked a very good question, even though you didn't really ask it.

What practical service would/do Psi-Constructs offer?

Take ANY 'item' on the list:

What they offer in terms of being 'useful' or 'practical':

The only thing that I have seen in the past 20+ years:

Strong imagination development.

-- Which is fine - as long as they keep a realistic POV that this is just imagination at work.

-- That it is nothing that can even come close to be proven to be real, let alone useful or practical.

-- But when people try to convince themselves and other's "it's" real - when they cannot prove it, nor has it ever been proven. They get upset at the skeptic when they cannot validate or show it to be real....

The problem is not in the Skeptic but it is in the CLAIM!

Especially since when you look at the past 20+ years of people experimenting and practice, practice and more practice - What viable "product" or I'll just say it, "Useful purpose does it serve?"

No one, even the book writers have been able to move them out of the personal subjective realm.

Think about that - NO ONE - not even the strongest of 'believers' or Self Help Authors and "teachers", have ever been able to take them out of the personal subjective realm.

One has to ask the straight question - "WHY NOT?" No that is not a "fun" question - but a very real and valid question non the less.

What purpose does making claims in any of these do? Totally NOTHING.

There has been NO practical or viable purpose or proof:

a.) No one has even come close to showing 'them' as even remotely real.

b.) No one has even come close to proving 'them' as even remotely real.

c.) No one has even come close to showing/proving anything about 'them', period.

Believe it or not - this is NOT the Skeptics fault. It really isn't.

So any 'money' invested into any of these would be a loss venture.

Your money would be invested into nothing and the risk would be very real, you threw money into "nothing", there for you get "nothing' in return - you threw your money away.

Now I suppose if you were investing that it would "loose" .. then you would 'win'. That would be the only way any 'money' would come out of 'it'.

Anyone have any thoughts?