Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

6 Muslim leaders put off plane in TwinCities

Lord Umbarger

Akuma, stay out of a thread if all your going to add is an insult.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• odas

• __Kratos__

• Avinash_Tyagi

But in this case, we're in the plane and you're on the tarmac..

Perhaps, but then I would get to sue for discrimination (I'd take that over airline food any day :rofl: )

Wow your Ignorance is sickening but its ok Your only American After all. :innocent:

just had to get your anti-american comments in..your so ashamed of your country i notice it's not selected...but from your xenophobic attitude; i know which country it is.. :hmm:

I've made it clear in the past that I'm quickly losing sympathy for Islam in any and all social and political arenas...I'm so sick of them constantly whining, blowing themselves up, demanding that we change our culture to fit them, and so on and so forth...so it shouldn't be too surprising that I don't feel much sympathy for this lot.

In the current political climate, a group of muslims getting down on their knees and starting chanting to allah on a plane is perhaps the single most idiotic thing they could have done, short of starting to fiddle with unidentifiable technical equipment, while making explosion sound effects to each other. They should have realised it would make other passengers uncomfortable and, if they honestly can't go the length of the flight without their prayers, then they should have made the airline aware of this, and reached some kind of accommodation.

A back section of the plane perhaps, could have been provided for their prayers (supervised of course...again, I'm sorry if that offends their sensibilities, but that's the situation the radicals have put them in) for example...but if the thought never occurred to them that doing what they did was maybe a bad idea in the current global climate, then I'm afraid they're clearly very very stupid :P

Wow these forums are becomeing more racistic with every day, heck, just 6 months ago when I was an active member I didnt see so many anti-muslim, anti-non-american topics. :mellow:

just had to get your anti-american comments in..your so ashamed of your country i notice it's not selected...but from your xenophobic attitude; i know which country it is.. :hmm:

what the hell are you talking about it clearly states im from the Uk below my avatar :huh: .

on another note i would feel nervous if Muslims started chanting arabic phrases while abroad a plane but i wouldnt kick them out il kindly tell them to shut up.

Wow these forums are becomeing more racistic with every day, heck, just 6 months ago when I was an active member I didnt see so many anti-muslim, anti-non-american topics.

And I've never seen a topic about Muslims getting down on their hands and knees and praying when a plane is about to take off...

Could any Muslims on the site give me a little information...it's my understanding that, although you are required to pray so many times a day, there isn't actually an exact time you're supposed to do it, correct? It's something like...morning, afternoon, evening...and so on, but there's not an actual timeframe. There wasn't a specific law in Islam that demanded these Muslims start their prayer there and then...

It strikes me as a little odd....if Muslims were in the habit of launching into prayer during or immedietly before a plane journey, wouldn't we know about it? I also find it suspiciously convenient that these gentleman pulled their little stunt while the plane was still on the ground...why not simply do it at their hotel room or whatnot?

It seems quite likely to me that these men did what they did knowing it would make other passangers uncomfortable, and at a carefully chosen moment to ensure that they could be removed from the plane...after all, the muslim community can't go a week without having something to whine about, right?

And I've never seen a topic about Muslims getting down on their hands and knees and praying when a plane is about to take off...

Congratulations.

Thats a hard situation. On one hand I understand why the passengers were nervous and simply wanted them off the plane, but on the other hand I understand that it is completely unfair to the people simply expressing their faith. Tough call.

I'm sorry but if I seen a Muslim on a plane before it takes off starting to pray saying grace be to allah etc etc I would do something. That is exactly what they do before the do suicide attacks. They pray to allah. Not to mention they did it when we are at war, they even did it on a plane! This was their fault.

Edited by Shinedown

Congratulations.

If you have a point to make, please make one. I would recomend you not make this a duel of snide remarks. I was pointing out that this seemed an unusual scenario....in fact, a very contrived scenario, on the part of the Muslims involved. If you'd like to add anything, but all means do...but if you've got nothing intelligent to say, then kindly don't wear out your keyboard.

If you have a point to make, please make one. I would recomend you not make this a duel of snide remarks. I was pointing out that this seemed an unusual scenario....in fact, a very contrived scenario, on the part of the Muslims involved. If you'd like to add anything, but all means do...but if you've got nothing intelligent to say, then kindly don't wear out your keyboard.

:rolleyes:

First of all, your post about not seeing threads exacly like this was VERY intellegent, which even wasnt connected in any way with my post you acctualy quoted.

Shahin expressed frustration that _ despite extensive efforts by him and other Muslim leaders since even before the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks _ so many Americans know so little about Islam.

It grinds my gears a little bit that Americans don't know more about Islam. If they did then they would truely see what the religion is. They make no attempt in hiding it... I got my koran from CAIR and they kept in all those hate filled verses.

Also along with this chanting they were doing... They were also making anti-American comments, while also asking for stuff they didn't need on the plane while moving around.

U.S. Muslims outraged after imams kicked off plane

Their religion allows terrorism and they're in shock to see themselves questioned. Who would have thought that?

What did I say about wearing out keyboards? Don't you know that plastic isn't biodegradable? Every keyboard you trash is harming the environment, son.

just 6 months ago when I was an active member I didnt see so many anti-muslim, anti-non-american topics

If you can't join the dots, then please quit now. You have to be this high to get on this ride. Please disembark, and mind the gap. Now, if you'd like to discuss the point itself, rather than...I won't know...how it was worded or whatever the hell you're objected to, then I'm all ears.

It grinds my gears a little bit that Americans don't know more about Islam. If they did then they would truely see what the religion is. They make no attempt in hiding it... I got my koran from CAIR and they kept in all those hate filled verses.

Also along with this chanting they were doing... They were also making anti-American comments, while also asking for stuff they didn't need on the plane while moving around.

U.S. Muslims outraged after imams kicked off plane

Their religion allows terrorism and they're in shock to see themselves questioned. Who would have thought that?

Delete... ....

Edited by Shinedown

In the current political climate, a group of muslims getting down on their knees and starting chanting to allah on a plane is perhaps the single most idiotic thing they could have done, short of starting to fiddle with unidentifiable technical equipment, while making explosion sound effects to each other.

:lol::rofl::lol:

:tu:

Edited by Pinky Floyd

Next time I see someone holding a rosary or wearing a cross on their neck on an airplane, they're going out the window too :tu:

I don't think many people here realize that Islam requires you to pray at certain times of the day.

Paranoia has taken over the world.

Next time I see someone holding a rosary or wearing a cross on their neck on an airplane, they're going out the window too

If Catholics and Christians had blowing up planes in an act of religious genocide in their recent history, I might understand your point.

I don't think many people here realize that Islam requires you to pray at certain times of the day.

I don't believe it does...Islam indicates how many times you must pray a day, and roughly when...but so far as I'm aware, there's no exact time it has to occur. I repeat, this scenario seems to be rather contrived to me....I think the gentlemen in question were intending to cause a fuss.

It does sound contrived, which is why I wouldn't have been worried about it. There are much more subtle indications when someone is trying to be deceptive. That kind of person would be the one I kept an eye on.

:D You and I were typing at the same time, Sera... Edited by Michelle

Great now we will have to let all religions have frackin sunday schoool in flight.

Nope, only those religion followed by those who blow up planes.

Nope, what's good for the goose is good for the gander... :P

...a Southern thang... :lol:

Next time I see someone holding a rosary or wearing a cross on their neck on an airplane, they're going out the window too :tu:

Paranoia has taken over the world.

- They do that in classrooms now, where have you been???

- Islams requires that, not the Airlines and it's passenger. If they want the American society to adjust and adapt to their ways. TOUGH THEN. It ain't going to happen.

- They could be testing the perimeters for all we know, NOW that is paranoia.

I think the gentlemen in question were intending to cause a fuss.

If you were thrown off the plane because of religion, I bet anyone would.

I think the person intending to create a fuss was the person who filed the complaint. Like AT said, they're ignorant (the passenger/s)

If Catholics and Christians had blowing up planes in an act of religious genocide in their recent history, I might understand your point.

Of course, the Muslims have been carrying out Religious Genocide :rolleyes: How could that have slipped past me.

Of course, no one cares about the Lebanese Christians carrying out suicide bombings daily in Lebanon and Israel. Or the huge majority of murders that are of Christian orgin in the US.

Nest time I see a christian man walking down the street, I'm running and calling the police.

----------------------------------

I hope you see my point.

Edited by frogfish