Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 23 Enigma

thenumber23

Am I going insane? :w00t:

The "23 Enigma" refers to the belief that all incidents and events are directly connected to the number 23. The number 23. Think am crazy? Think again. Heres some examples, skim through them, or read them all if intrigued. What I want you to read really is below all this sh!t.

***2/3= .666 the number of the beast

The New York Yankees won the World Series 23 times

The Uranium isotope used in Nuclear bombs is U235

AOL chat rooms only allow 23 people at a time

In the film Airport, the mad bomber has seat 23

***There are exactly 23 charicters, numbers and letters, on the face of all U.S. coins

***Every 23rd wave crashing on a beach averages twice the size as normal

In the film Airplane II, the name of the spaceship is XR-2300

230 people died in the conspiracy plagued TWA flight 800 disaster

The Unibomber killed or wounded 23 people

The address of the Freemasons lodge in Stafford, England, is 23 Jaol Road. In New York City it's on 23rd street.

***The letter W is the 23rd in the alphabet and has 2 points down and 3 points up

The first Apollo landing on the moon was at 23.63 degrees east; the second was 23.42 degrees west.

April 19th the date of the battle of Lexington, the holocaust at Waco, and the Oclahoma city bombing is written 4/19 by Americans and 19/4 by Europeans. Either way it adds up to 23.

In Star Wars Princess Lea was held in cell AA-23

***Shakespeare was 46(2*23) when the King James Bible was published. Psalm 46(2*23) has it's 46th word "shake" and the 46th word back from the end is "spear".

On the Seinfeld show, Kramer hides an Air-Conditioner on levl purple 23 of a parking garrage.

***William Shakespeare was born on April 23,1556 and died on April 23, 1616.

51, as in Area 51 breaks down to 23 + 23 + (2*3)=51

August 23,1305 William Wallace was exicuted for treason.

August 23, 1970 River Pheonix was born.

The original Star Trek, as well as Babylon Five are set in the 23rd century

***The human Biorhythm cycle is 23 days

***It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body

***Julius Ceasar was stabbed 23 times by the assasans.

X-Files: 10.13 productions.10 + 13 = 23

"Scottish Rite Freemasonry" has 23 letters.

A technological singularity has been predicted by "experts" in the near future. It is expected around 2030 AD.

***Geosynchronous orbit occurs at 23,000 miles above Earth's surface.

Psychic Edgar Cayce started having visions of lost Atlantis in 1923.

Hitler joined a secret society in 1923.

Avagadro's number as used in the ideal gas law is 6.02 * 10^23

The CIA headquarters in McLean, VA is located on rt. 123.

***The tilt of Earth's axis is roughly 23o accounting for the changing seasons and the procession of the Zodiac.

***Homo sapiens are given 46 chromosomes from their parents, 23 male and 23 female.

***The Dog Days of Summer begin on July 23 when Sirius the Dogstar rises from behind the sun.

Sydney Carton was the 23rd man beheaded in the climax of Dickens' Tale of Two Cities

Accordidng to Noam Chomsky over half of the national media is owned by 23 companies

The average smoker inhales 23 ciggarettes a day

There are 23 chapters of the Cult Awareness Network

Joseph Smith, the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints was born on December 23, 1805.

On December 23, 1805 the Federal Reserve Act passed in congress.

***According to ancient Mayan prophesy on December 23, 2012 the world will end.

***In both ancient Sumaria and Egypt July 23 is the start of the new year.

The Nissan car takes its name from "Ni" which means 2 in Japaneese and "san" which means 3. Nissan means 23.

The articles of Impeechment used against Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton are under Article 2, section 3 of the constitution.

The United States set off 23 atomic bombs at Bikini Atoll in the Pacific.

Lines 22-23 of Book I of Milton's Paradice Lost "What in me is dark/ Illumine, what is low raise and support."

In a recent film version of Alice in Wonderland a stuffed Rabbit comes alive and runs away from a case numbered 23.

***The first prime number in which both digits are prime and add up to make annother prime is 23.

It is believed that Adam and Eve had 23 daughters. [citation needed]

It is believed that the verses of the Qur'an were revealed over a period of 23 years. There exist hadith that support this figure, but many more that give other lengths of time.

Psalms, the longest book of the Bible, is the 23rd book of the Old Testament, and the famous "Divine Shepherd" psalm is Psalm 23. Those repeating this popular claim overlook that it is only true in a handful of very specific modern Catholic translations. The famous psalm is actually number 22 in the Septuagint and traditional Catholic Bibles, while the books of the Old Testament appear in several different orders; Psalms is number 23 only in modern Catholic Bibles, being book 21 in the traditional Vulgate, book 26 in the Greek Orthodox Bible, book 19 in most Protestant Bibles, and book 14 in the Jewish Tanakh. It is therefore completely false for the Vulgate (chapter 22 of book 21), and only partly true for the King James Version (chapter 23 of book 19).

December 23, 2012 is the date on which the Mayan calendar ends, predicting an apocalyptic event.

Both the ancient Egyptian and Sumerian calendars begin on 23 July. Both calendars were apparently calculated from the date of the heliacal rising of Sirius, which occurs at that latitude around that time of year.

The list goes on and on.

They say that once you reasearch heavily into the 23 mystery, they say that the number starts appearing in your life everywhere. You become obessed, paranoid, it comes after you. It...haunts you. I am living proof. Heres my diary of how the number 23, is coming after me. It can mean many things, patterns, messages, clues to future events, many things. In theory anyway. Heres my diary:

11/19/06

This was the day I watched the trailer for the upcoming film "The Number 23". Intrigued, I went to the website, and researched it. I believe that it is not coincidence...its something...else. It must mean something...but what? And what does it mean to me? On the "Saw 3" website, on the messageboards, I`ve been making this saw story called "Saw 4 Rebirth RPG". On page 20 of it, I made a password for the plot. In it is the number 23.

11/20/06

I own the Saw 2 Uncut DVD. On the special features there is game you can play. Once you get through it you get to a safe, the number to the safe is 7293. You know what number is in it.

11/21/06

A white kid in my 2nd hr said his birthday was on the 23rd of some month, don`t remember month. Werid. Then in 4th hour my US History teacher said shes been working at my school for 23 years! Werid. Whys it keep from appearing?! This number... Then, near the end of 4th hr, coming from the bathroom, I passed a combination lock that had the numbers 23 fixed into it. Plus, 11/23/06 is coming up! Thanksgiving! Am sooooo ****ing creeped out! Then after school, standing at the light by mcdonalds, when I was just about to talk more about the 23 thing with my cousin, i looked over at the sign for armstrong, and the number 23 was on it! What does...it mean? Can i somehow firgure what 23 means? But how?! I`ve come to realize that you don`t look for the 23...it comes for you unexpectedly.

stay tuned....by the way, what u think? Any believers of this, cause if so, me and you need to talk!

Wow, sounds almost like the golden number PHI.

Have you ever attempted to look into other number combinations? For example 36 etc?

Would it work with those too or only number 23?

anyone can find hundreds of events or incidents related to other pairs of numbers from 00 to 99 only if they search long enough. your 23 enigma is nothing special.

• Like 6

Here are a few mistakes in your list of “23”

-New York Yankees – 26 world series

-23 Letters on Coins – Have you looked at coins? Look at a new quarter and count the letters and numbers.

-Unabomber – killed 3 and wounded 29.

-Freemason’s Lodge – How many lodges are there in the world that don’t have the number 23 in the address??? And, I couldn’t find one listed in Stafford, England.

-Princess Leia was in cell 2187

-Psalms 46 – Spear is the 47th word from the end. “In” is the 46th word.

-Shakespeare was born in 1564, NOT 1556. And, no one knows for sure of his exact date of birth

-Human Biorhythm Cycle – 23 days for physical, 28 days emotional and 33 days intellectual.

-Blood Circulation – It depends on the person. Average is 7-8 times/minute.

-Geosynchronous Orbit – At 22,241 miles above the earth.

-Dog Days of Summer –Are July 3rd – 11th.

-Average Smoker – More like 13 per day

-Mayan Prophesy – End of world is December 21st.

-Egyptian New Year – They based their new year on the sun and moon.

Does no one check out what they read?

As far as you starting to see the number 23 everywhere - it’s because you’re telling yourself you’re going to. Try telling yourself that you see red cars everywhere, and guess what you’ll start seeing?

There’s enough magic in our everyday lives without having to make numbers special.

• Like 3

Wow, sounds almost like the golden number PHI.

Have you ever attempted to look into other number combinations? For example 36 etc?

Would it work with those too or only number 23?

No not yet...

Meh, 23 hardly has much on it as far as significant events.. Want significant events, check out 40, 7, and 3. Also, 2/3 doesn't equal .666, it equals .66666666etc. It repeats itself for infinity.

Interesting. But who ever descovered that has to much time on there hands.

• Like 1

God this is so stupid. 1/30th-ish of the population have their birthday on the 23rd of any month. Blood pumps around the body at various speeds depending on heart rate. "Scottish Rite Freemasonry" has 23 letters....whoa....so does "Thread maker is an idiot, ya ya." If you're gullible enough to believe that something keeps happening then you'll notice it. Why didn't you put all the other numbers? When nothing but the number 23 occurs around you then you can waste some of our time again.

Dividing, subratracting, and multiplying numbers to equal 23 shouldn't count. If 23 was such a significant number everything would be in 23s not 46s or whatever.

You will see the number 0 more often then 23...because o's count as 0's too hehe.

-Princess Leia was in cell 2187

True. But she was in detention block AA-23 in cell 2187.

And it's all tied up 23 to 23 in the 23rd quarter. And we'll take a brief 23 second break.

Dr. Pepper. A delicious blend of 23 flavors

All I have to contribute.

IPB Image\

:w00t: Wahahahhaa!

Who votes we lash this guy with a wet noodle 23 times??

• 8 months later...

The number 23 is everywhere!! Some of you may not see it but IT'S here!! some other exemple:

- World Trade Center towers were destroyed September 11th 2001 (9 + 11 + 2 + 1= 23)

- Charles Manson was born November 12th (11 + 12 = 23)

- The Titanic sank on the morning of April 15th 1912 (19 + 1 + 2 = 23 or 19 + 12 = 32 <- 23 reversed)

- The Hiroshima Bonb was drop August 6th 1945 (8 + 6 + 1 + 9 + 4 - 5 = 23)

- There are 23 letters in the latin alphabet.

- The Knight Templar had 23 grand masters.

- The witches sabbath is June 23th.

- Shakespeare was also published in 1623.

- TWA flight 800: 230 people dead. Explosion occured in seats 23J and 23K.

- December 11th, 1941 the US declared war on Germany. (12 + 11 = 23)

- Hitler killed himself in April, 1945 (4 + 1 + 9 + 4 + 5 = 23)

- Terrorists attack marine barracks in Beirut October 23rd, 1983. 241 soldiers killed. (24 - 1 = 23)

- The Mayans believed the end of the world would occur on December 23rd of the years 2012 (20 + 1 + 2 = 23)

- "Get thee behind me Satan..." Mattew 16:23

- "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..." Psalm 23

- Barbarians inavded Rome in August 23rd, 410

- There are more reported UFO sightings on July 23rd than any other days.

They're are many others in the world!!

You see you tell someone who believe in the number they say the Earth spin on an axe of 23, we said it's 23.5, they say 5...it's only 2 + 3!

Later! :)

It surprises me how many instances of 23 you cite are from horror movies. :rolleyes:

And most of that is incorrect. Hey, wait! Wait is a four letter word! So is care! Wait, I don't care!

• Like 1

It surprises me how many instances of 23 you cite are from horror movies. :rolleyes:

And most of that is incorrect. Hey, wait! Wait is a four letter word! So is care! Wait, I don't care!

I don't care if you don't care! I just tell what I think that's all! on and btw All what I wrote is the truth! :yes:

It's only a bunch of people who copied the 23 enigma, your 47 thingy-thing!! <_<

Hitler joined a secret society in 1923.

The Nissan car takes its name from "Ni" which means 2 in Japaneese and "san" which means 3. Nissan means 23.

And tell me, what secret society did Hitler join? The Freemasons? The Rosicrucians? And Ni-san doesn't mean 23; Ni-san is a Japanese term of endearment.

And tell me, what secret society did Hitler join? The Freemasons? The Rosicrucians? And Ni-san doesn't mean 23; Ni-san is a Japanese term of endearment.

There's many meaning to the term "Nissan" in Japanese!

Nisan,Ni-san: Older brother

Ni-san: Term of endearment (like you said)

Nissan: The car brend...

Ni: Means 2.

San: Means 3.

As for "Which secret society Hitler join" I have no idea...One of my friends tell me! I'll make some research and I'll get back to you! :)

You know what's even more amazing. My football number was #23!! Oh God...