Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 23 Enigma

thenumber23

okay, the negative comments are wrong. it isn't just a number and it's not fake. some people have superstitions about things such as numbers. the 23 enigma is part of a conspiracy. I find the whole thing ironic. There is TONS more to 23 than the comments from these other people realize. 23 is not just a number. just like 666 isn't just a number. there is a meaning behind it. and this one isn't small. it's complex. gosh. people can be so ignorant. if you aren't interested in the topic or you think it's fake, then get off the freaking page! it's not that hard. the 23 enigma is real.

So now we are to assume that anything that you don't like or agree with is wrong? The number 23 is like any other number it may hold significance to you or another person but that doesn't make it a magical number. First off anytime you have to add subtract divide or multiply then it shouldn't be able to apply cause you had to manufacture the 23. Also the statement to leave this forum shows that you dont understand this site.

From what I have seen um is designed to help people solve problems/mysteries. Everyone is entitled to their own oppinion be it right or wrong as long as you aren't insulting or harassing other members. We are able to learn things from the skeptics and the more open thinkers which we might not have thought of by ourselves. So by simply posting this topic the original op invited other peoples ideas and knowledge.

• 1 year later...

• 1 year later...
On 22/11/2006 at 4:13 PM, RachelM said:

Here are a few mistakes in your list of “23”

-New York Yankees – 26 world series

-23 Letters on Coins – Have you looked at coins? Look at a new quarter and count the letters and numbers.

-Unabomber – killed 3 and wounded 29.

-Freemason’s Lodge – How many lodges are there in the world that don’t have the number 23 in the address??? And, I couldn’t find one listed in Stafford, England.

-Princess Leia was in cell 2187

-Psalms 46 – Spear is the 47th word from the end. “In” is the 46th word.

-Shakespeare was born in 1564, NOT 1556. And, no one knows for sure of his exact date of birth

-Human Biorhythm Cycle – 23 days for physical, 28 days emotional and 33 days intellectual.

-Blood Circulation – It depends on the person. Average is 7-8 times/minute.

-Geosynchronous Orbit – At 22,241 miles above the earth.

-Dog Days of Summer –Are July 3rd – 11th.

-Average Smoker – More like 13 per day

-Mayan Prophesy – End of world is December 21st.

-Egyptian New Year – They based their new year on the sun and moon.

Does no one check out what they read?

As far as you starting to see the number 23 everywhere - it’s because you’re telling yourself you’re going to. Try telling yourself that you see red cars everywhere, and guess what you’ll start seeing?

There’s enough magic in our everyday lives without having to make numbers special.

I have been seeing 23 everywhere for the past 3-4 years .. everytime I check the time or check the percentage on my phone or see a license plate on a car or do a maths sum etc 23 is there..... it drives me crazy!! I think it means something.. any idea what??

37 minutes ago, Saoirse211 said:

I have been seeing 23 everywhere for the past 3-4 years .. everytime I check the time or check the percentage on my phone or see a license plate on a car or do a maths sum etc 23 is there..... it drives me crazy!! I think it means something.. any idea what??

You’ve made a mental note and now you’re aware of it every time you see it. How many numbers do you see on a daily basis that aren’t 23? How many times to you look at the clock and it’s not 23? It happens to me with 9:11 on the clock or the number 1111. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

You’ve made a mental note and now you’re aware of it every time you see it. How many numbers do you see on a daily basis that aren’t 23? How many times to you look at the clock and it’s not 23? It happens to me with 9:11 on the clock or the number 1111. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
Spoiler

69, even though it is a multiple of 23, doesn't apply here. 

Things about 23 I've learned: Kennedy was shot on 11/22/1963 but was not pronounced LEGALLY DEAD until the 23rd... believe what you wish. The top and bottom numbers on a regulation dartboard are 20 & 3. The only domino that cannot be scored on as a spinner is the 2|3. Vinyl audio records were 23 minutes per side; 46 minute cassette blanks were sold to copy LP plastic albums in their entirety. Try adding up the numbers in your personal accounts, citations and receipts and see how often they add up to 23.... I could go on. NASA was born in 1958, (1+9+5+8= 23) same year of the last wheat pennies.

Forget all those incidences which contain false information or stretch it to make it fit! There are plenty of Pure 23s around to keep you going. The only other two digit number which I've found that comes close to recurring as often as 23 is 40. But then 23+17=40. LolLook for 40! Look for 23! Or any other two digit prime or composite number popular in history or your own personal life and see for yourself. Of course this won't apply to everyone on the planet but you might be surprised at what you find. Good luck

Edited by mac23skidoo
Hindsight
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mac23skidoo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

69, even though it is a multiple of 23, doesn't apply here. 

Things about 23 I've learned: Kennedy was shot on 11/22/1963 but was not pronounced LEGALLY DEAD until the 23rd... believe what you wish. The top and bottom numbers on a regulation dartboard are 20 & 3. The only domino that cannot be scored on as a spinner is the 2|3. Vinyl audio records were 23 minutes per side; 46 minute cassette blanks were sold to copy LP plastic albums in their entirety. Try adding up the numbers in your personal accounts, citations and receipts and see how often they add up to 23.... I could go on. NASA was born in 1958, (1+9+5+8= 23) same year of the last wheat pennies.

Forget all those incidences which contain false information or stretch it to make it fit! There are plenty of Pure 23s around to keep you going. The only other two digit number which I've found that comes close to recurring as often as 23 is 40. But then 23+17=40. LolLook for 40! Look for 23! Or any other two digit prime or composite number popular in history or your own personal life and see for yourself. Of course this won't apply to everyone on the planet but you might be surprised at what you find. Good luck

This is like putting a bunch of words in a box, shaking them up, and making a sentience out of them. Do it enough times and you can make anything make sense.

• Like 1

Another old thread being resurrected........Catch 22. The only numbers we are to be concerned with these days is the digital bits, bytes, which are a string of ones and zeros, and which together, arranged as first the 1, and then the 0, we have the number 10......and the only occurrence of this "10" to be concerned with is just 1, the 10 Commandments, especially the most important ones, Matthew 22"

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

• Haha 1

Can you deny the significance of the number 40 in the bible? The number 40 appears in so many places in the Old testament and in the new that it is hard to ignore its presence. Jesus fasted for 40 days, Moses was in the desert for 40 years, it rained 40 days in the ark etc. Denying the significance of certain numbers is to me ignoring  their importance and relevance. When you see the symbol of a fish in a business window or on the back of a car you immediately understand that that symbol represents Catholicism or Christianity and that person is a Christian or that organization is a Christian faith establishment. You could just as easily use a number to represent an idea, or use a number as a logo, icon, or trademark. "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

26 minutes ago, mac23skidoo said:

Can you deny the significance of the number 40 in the bible? The number 40 appears in so many places in the Old testament and in the new that it is hard to ignore its presence. Jesus fasted for 40 days, Moses was in the desert for 40 years, it rained 40 days in the ark etc. Denying the significance of certain numbers is to me ignoring  their importance and relevance. When you see the symbol of a fish in a business window or on the back of a car you immediately understand that that symbol represents Catholicism or Christianity and that person is a Christian or that organization is a Christian faith establishment. You could just as easily use a number to represent an idea, or use a number as a logo, icon, or trademark. "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

This is just how you've tuned your subjective reality tunnel. 

On 11/15/2017 at 5:52 PM, Saoirse211 said:

Some people simply cannot accept the idea that private organizations could possibly be involved in covert activities designed to be kept away from the dumb masses whose mundane lives are stumbling blocks for those who want the Earth for themselves! So they include a significant, blatant occurrence of 23 to inform  and confirm their participation in world-changing historic events. Or literature. Or comic books. Or electronic distraction devices designed to keep the population engaged in meaningless social media practices, or overwhelmed by the virtual world's plethora of role playing games. Where a puny, acne faced teen can become a Hercules or Michael Jordan or Justin Bieber. And do it anonymously without exposing their frailties and inadequacies. This is merely a CORRUPTION OF THE NEED TO FEEL IMPORTANT. And 23 might be a trademark icon or unregistered logo. When this happens, you won't have to contrive a 23 by math or some other means. These real 23s which do appear in historical events seem to be the symbol by which these upper echelon elitists lay silent claims to their participation in these endeavors.

• Haha 1

I was born on the 23rd and I'm not going to lie, I do have a need to feel important. :P

Yes, the illuminati is making sure every event in human history relates to 23 somehow. Making everything 23 pleases their demonic masters because....reasons.

That, or it's all just a load of bunk with people with nothing better to do cherry picking 23 out of the billions of other combinations that pop up daily.

I never notice 23. The one I always seem to notice is 12:34. I guess that means whoever is controlling me wants me to remember how count to 4? Wait, 23 is in there! Chilling.

If it was something odd like 541 that kept popping up, maybe there would be something to it. 23 is just like 12 or 34, low sequential numbers at the bottom of our numbering and dating systems. I bet 12 comes up way more often.

Edited by moonman

• 5 weeks later...

23x3=69. Uhuhuhuhuh 

I’ll see myself out

44E74FCA-E3EB-4AC1-8E71-F326FCFC8FA8.jpeg

• Haha 1

If one looks for something, they'll find it everywhere.

23 steps from the kitchen to the bathroom...

etc.

On 1/1/2022 at 7:34 AM, Pettytalk said:

Another old thread being resurrected........Catch 22. The only numbers we are to be concerned with these days is the digital bits, bytes, which are a string of ones and zeros, and which together, arranged as first the 1, and then the 0, we have the number 10......and the only occurrence of this "10" to be concerned with is just 1, the 10 Commandments, especially the most important ones, Matthew 22"

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

There are 10 types of people, those who know the binary numbering system, and those that don't.   :lol::lol:

(for you, @Pettytalk, that 1 0 means 2 in binary, that his the original system used for programming computers.  I still think your handle is the most appropriate one on this forum.  :lol:)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2022 at 11:36 PM, mac23skidoo said:

Vinyl audio records were 23 minutes per side; 46 minute cassette blanks were sold to copy LP plastic albums in their entirety

Ignorant rubbish.  The capacity of any vinyl record varied quite a lot - for one side of a typical 33⅓ LP it ranges between about 20 minutes for music with a high dynamic range (needs wider track spacing) up to about 40 minutes on cheap low quality compilations (where they reduce the dynamic range and make the track spiral tighter).

Yes, 45 (or 46) minute cassettes were common, simply because a good quality, well-recorded album is usually under 22 minutes per side.

There is NO 23 minute 'limit' or even average.  I can't be bothered checking the rest of your 'facts'.

As for numerology overall, it's just silly.  Pick another 'hobby'.  When I see a numerologist actually do some genuine statistical analysis to work out a probability for the presence of a random number, then I'll happily listen.  You, OP, have not done that, and you have just made up 'facts'.

• Like 2

Bit of an anticlimax, 

thenumber23 ,

posted this topic

The 23 Enigma on

November 22

• Haha 1

In humans, each cell normally contains 23 pairs of chromosomes, for a total of 46. Twenty-two of these pairs, called autosomes, look the same in both males and females. The 23rd pair, the sex chromosomes, differ between males and females.

:P

Edit:

Damn, this was in the OP already.

:angry:

Edited by Abramelin