Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The population of Neandrathl's

robsteth

I posted some other stuff about this human species who died out 28,000 yrs ago roughly. Curiosuly at any one time what was their population number in europe and asia where they roamed??? What are some estimates?// Please post. thanks........

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robsteth

• GreyWeather

• The Carnivore

• when.i.am.queen.

You mean Neanderthals? Well, I can tell you one thing: They aren't cryptids, myths, or legends.

At their peak, Neanderthals dominated a wide range - stretching from Britain and Iberia in the west, to Israel in the south and Uzbekistan in the east.

Link

IPB Image\

There doesn't seem to be much information around about their population sizes, though.

That would be a hard question to answer. I think RX7 posted the best information available...

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing a documentary on discovery channel a long time ago in which they estimated Neanderthal population to be around 100,000 in their prime.

Edited by Bone_Collector

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I remember seeing a documentary on discovery channel a long time ago in which they estimated Neanderthal population to be around 100,000 in their prime.

Wow, its amazing that they survived with so few

Wow, its amazing that they survived with so few

I'm sure it would have been more, but in all honesty we'll never really know for certain, all we can do is hypothesize.

But what is more amazing is that they survived in the harshest environments and lasted so long during the Ice age.