Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

History Channel

Cadetak

Just about every other hour the history channel(or one of its affilates)will have a special on something paranormal or conspiracy related. Most of the time its Bible related. Anyways most of these shows are well done but seem to be biased or feature scientisti\s or historians who are uncredible.

For example one day there will be a "Disproving the Davinci Code" special and the whole episode will be filled with people who are biased against the book...but the next day there will be an episode called "Proving the Davinci Code" and it will be filled with just the same thing but contradict the other episode.

In one episode you may found out that Davinci's favorite color is Green but in the other it was Blue for example.

Also these specials also try to prove or disprove something by some radically improbable idea or event that has no evidence to support it...but the history channel makes it seem that its atleast a good idea.

Its kind of bad because pople who watch these episodes and are uneducated in the realms of unexplained mysteries and stuff think that the entire episode is to be taken truthfully.

For me its like watching a TV version of UM: People manipulating facts, making up crack pot theories, and talking about things they learned from another guy who doesn't know what he's talking about. Sometimes theres an actual credible scientist or historian in there though.

So watch the History channel like you would read UM, because they are kind of the same...except the history channel doesn't have a Cadetak.

I only watch the History Channel when I can't find reruns of Prison Break, Heroes, Nip/Tuck, or Entourage...or the movie Con Air(why does every movie channel have to show this movie every day?).

P.S. I'm talking about paranormal and unexplained mysteries shows on the history channel not the regular history stuff(witch is good...but boring).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cadetak

• Princess Serenity

• coldethyl

• boorite

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming already in progress.

It's not just the History Channel, but also Discovery Channel, TLC and Nat Geo. One should take some of these fringe stories w/a grain of salt, just like here at UM.

I like The History Channel. A very nice channel indeed. Also I only like some programs on there, everything else I hate. And I only watch shows on there when I'm bored or something interesting is on.

what is this cadetak of which you speak ?

Only a Cadetak knows what a Cadetak is. :ph34r:

The History Channel...used to be good...

Now its all either the same dry WWII documentaries that we've all seen 57,000 times OR

As everyone else is discussing, rubbish like, well "Disproving the DaVinci Code" and similar shows that they know are of little scholarly historical value but WILL attract viewers to its cheap brand of pseudo-history and frequent leaps. Needless to say this is all connected to the popularity of Dan Brown's work and of the demand for "alternative histories"

Ah well, they can hardly be blamed for it, being a business and all...

If its true educational value ye seek, turn to PBS -fantastic programming.

Edited by BabelPlatz

I love the boring programs that give you the history of the invention of the toilet...like anybody feels the need to know this.

It's like when Omni magazine used to be good, now it's all about UFO's.

I had no idea Omni was still in print.

Last night, the History Channel showed a brand new one hosted by Mr. Spock. It was all about UFOs in history and scripture. Feh. I swear, there must be half a dozen shows exactly like this. Same stock footage, same everything. And the usual mix of bland fact and rampant nitwittery, as if the producers were doing monster bong hits while looking at the pictures in the Baghavad Gita with the Twilight Zone playing in the background.

Last night, the History Channel showed a brand new one hosted by Mr. Spock. It was all about UFOs in history and scripture. Feh. I swear, there must be half a dozen shows exactly like this. Same stock footage, same everything. And the usual mix of bland fact and rampant nitwittery, as if the producers were doing monster bong hits while looking at the pictures in the Baghavad Gita with the Twilight Zone playing in the background.

HAHAHAHAHA My sentiments exactly.

Pseudo-History Channel

as if the producers were doing monster bong hits while looking at the pictures in the Baghavad Gita with the Twilight Zone playing in the background.

I don't know if Omni is still in print. We quit subscribing when it quit being about space and only wanted to be about alien abductions. That was years ago. :no:

You know, I think you've figured out how all those shows are made! :yes:

i love the history,discovery,tlc,and just about all those documentative channels.if they had been around when i was in school,i'd have never had to go in a library!

It's not just the History Channel, but also Discovery Channel, TLC and Nat Geo. One should take some of these fringe stories w/a grain of salt, just like here at UM.

Discovery Channel is awesome. ;)

I like The Discovery Channel also, especially the Shark documentaries.

anything i can watch and learn from,i usually watch.but they have some shows like the mythbusters shows,i can't stand.maybe it's the two guys running the show,i just can't stand it!

I hate the mythbusters! I hate the dam narrator's guys voice...I hate those to host guys they are so dam annoying!

I remeber the first time I watched it...I thought they where going to bust the myths of bigfoot, unicorns, etc. not retarded stuff that most people could use common sense to figure out...or stuff that nobody cares about and nobody needed an answer to.

Think of it as.. they're disproving this insane stuff so the thousands and thousands of people infected with The Stupid don't go out and try to reinact them.

is anybody else watching the history channel on Fridays? they have a pretty awesome lineup i dvr each week, with dogfights being my favorite. some of the stories the pilots tell are just amazing and the animated re-enactments are really well-done. . . .

On Mythbusters, they shoot stuff, blow it up, set fire to it, and drop it off buildings. That is awesome, and anyone who says otherwise must leave now and turn in his geek card on the way out.

Dogfights is incredible.

discovery channel, history channel and some others are all owned by the same group of conservatives, hence the biased programing. myth busters is cool but discoverys programs have down the tube with the crap they are trying to push on us.

Edited by Reincarnated

On Mythbusters, they shoot stuff, blow it up, set fire to it, and drop it off buildings. That is awesome, and anyone who says otherwise must leave now and turn in his geek card on the way out.

Dogfights is incredible.

hey,do'nt damn m to hell for not liking it.i hate squash,cabbage,pinto beans,and beets too!

:D:D:D oh,i am a redneck,not a dam nerd too! :D:P

Dogfights is incredible.

I hate the mythbusters...it has more to do with the hosts then the actual premisis though. The hosts make the show unwatchable for me. The pretend to be funny but just annoy the hell out of me.