Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Cadetak

History Channel

55 posts in this topic

boorite

But they blow stuff up.

Cadetak

But they blow stuff up.

You have to watch the entire episode to see them actually blow something up though...which they don't always do.

And they are annoying...I'd rather watch the news.

Col. Kurtz

The 1 that was on the other night was cool,,they were trying to bust an old snipers tale about shooting directly through an enemys scope to see if the round would go all the way through his scope and into his face. It didnt work. :devil:

coldethyl

Jamie and Adam rock. I love the show. I wish more people watched it and maybe more morons would quit driving with their truck tailgate down.

distortedpandy

For me its like watching a TV version of UM: People manipulating facts, making up crack pot theories, and talking about things they learned from another guy who doesn't know what he's talking about. Sometimes theres an actual credible scientist or historian in there though.

So watch the History channel like you would read UM, because they are kind of the same...

Ya know, I actually was thinking about this same thing the other day while watching some crap about USO's and the dragon's triangle and whatever show was on before that. (Yes I have an awesome memory, I know.) I just couldn't believe the asinine theories people were coming up with. Reminded me of this place. :ph34r:

except the history channel doesn't have a Cadetak.

...or a Pandy. :D

---

I also heart the mythbusters and watch the discovery channel religiously.

what? :mellow: *tucks nerd in*

arkland

50% of the time it's on ww2 the other 50% is whatever is new in the media.

Cadetak

WW2 is over used in media. History channel shows mostly WW2 related things, most war movies are based on WW2, and evey month another WW2 video game comes out.

I mean wheres the love for WW1? You can't make the seguel before you make the original!

arkland

WW2 is over used in media. History channel shows mostly WW2 related things, most war movies are based on WW2, and evey month another WW2 video game comes out.

I mean wheres the love for WW1? You can't make the seguel before you make the original!

Thats not what starwars did. Plus a world war 1 game would be Boring, no automatic weapons and no sniper rifles dont forget haveing to reload after every shot.

Cadetak

Thats not what starwars did. Plus a world war 1 game would be Boring, no automatic weapons and no sniper rifles dont forget haveing to reload after every shot.

As for video games they could do Vietnam or something...for every Non-WW2 game their is 50

WW2 games(I counted).

arkland

As for video games they could do Vietnam or something...for every Non-WW2 game their is 50

WW2 games(I counted).

Ya but thats boring, I never liked any of the asian war fronts for video games. It's just jungle. Not much for eye candy. The European fronts are nicer.

Jsilvestro

I have tried many times to watch the History Ch. I gave up on it though. I find it to be very boring.

redhen

The History channel? Oh, you mean the Hitler channel.

Seriously, the WWII coverage is overdone, not as bad as it was in the beginning though.

History Channel International is better, lots of um, well, international history stuff.

Although they do manage to sneak in some U.S. WWII stuff in it.

I like the WWI stories, interesting to see armies on the march at the dawn of moving pictures.

Too bad it wasn't invented in time for the Napoleonic wars, in colour, now that would have been something to see.

Vive l'Empereur !

ivytheplant

I'm more annoyed with the history channel making specials based on popular culture. Pirates of the Caribbean 2 comes out so they have a whole week of shows about pirates (or was that Discovery?). The Da Vinci code comes out so they have a ton of specials about that (*coughit'safictionbookcough*). It does get really annoying after a while. Especially when they do have shows that disprove something and I wander around thinking it's settled and then next week they go "Hobbits Revealed!" and I'm all "wtf? I thought that team of reputable scientists attributed it to blah blah blah."

So far, the Science Channel (formerly Discovery Science) hasn't gotten anywhere near that bad and still have lots of dry shows about dry subjects. Of course, science nerd that I am, I love that.

But yeah, I take everything with a grain of salt. Then I research it for myself and can then say "according to blah blah, which was featured on the History Channel recently..." and I can take part in active discussions about a subject I was previously unaware of without sounding like a TV-possessed idiot.

ivytheplant

The History channel? Oh, you mean the Hitler channel.

Seriously, the WWII coverage is overdone, not as bad as it was in the beginning though.

History Channel International is better, lots of um, well, international history stuff.

Although they do manage to sneak in some U.S. WWII stuff in it.

I like the WWI stories, interesting to see armies on the march at the dawn of moving pictures.

Too bad it wasn't invented in time for the Napoleonic wars, in colour, now that would have been something to see.

Vive l'Empereur !

Gah, no kidding. I'm really sick of WW2 being covered in nauseatingly detail and the other wars being pushed to the side. I don't think I've seen a single listing for anything on the Korean war and WW1 coverage seems to be limited to weapons and a few planes.

I do fancy History International. I only wish they had a bit more in the way of programming, but I can't complain too much as I have a whole week of the same show rerunning to catch what I missed.

Princess Serenity

Does anyone watch Modern Marvels? I love that show! It's the best show to watch when there is nothing on. X3

Princess Serenity

Delete me!

Edited by MoonPrincess

Cadetak
Does anyone watch Modern Marvels? I love that show! It's the best show to watch when there is nothing on. X3

Sometimes that show is good...sometimes they spend an hour on the history of indoor plumbing.

ivytheplant

Modern Marvels is good. Modern Marvels: Engineering Disasters is the best thing ever! I worship that show. If I could afford to splurge, I'd buy the whole set. So far, all I have is Engineering Disasters 5, which shows the Lake Peigneur disaster. That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Princess Serenity
Sometimes that show is good...sometimes they spend an hour on the history of indoor plumbing.

I haven't seen that one. Sometimes they have boring stuff, like jet planes or something. >> Or whatever they do.

Edited by MoonPrincess

forgotfel
Dogfights is incredible.

yeah, it pretty much is. Ive been out of the country and need to catch up on the last two episodes and there's a new one tonight at 9pm! Cant wait for some Fightin Fridays!

boorite
boring stuff, like jet planes

:blink:

Princess Serenity

I don't watch "Dogfights." Not my type of program. Not really big on WWII stuff, unless they talk about something I'm interested in. =/

Cadetak

They should have two History Channels...one for WW2 and the other one for everything else.

Princess Serenity

I know. They already have two channels. The normal "History Channel" & The History Innational Channel." So if they added one more, it would make three. =/ Not a bad idea.

coldethyl

Why not just the WW channel?