Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Old Sunbury Lunatic Asylum

insecurity

No! Do not worry about offending these monkeys. We still have cartoons called "looney tunes". Personally, I think our country has gone looney and weak with being so damned "PC". Not this man! I enjoyed your post and be warned, there are cry babies here who pick apart everything people say. Good post and good pics. You might want to get a good digital if you are going to embark on a little Ghost hunting. They cost more up fron but are cheaper in the long run.

"Loonies" were being specified as those in the asylams - that's different than calling a tune looney, good grief! Apparently, you wouldn't know know the difference, anyway, b/c you're too busy "CRYING" about the "PC" getting their way.. lol :lol:

Anyone supporting such deratotory terms toward others is ignorant & repulsive...p/c or p/l WAH! WAH! WAH!

All the insensitivity aside, was any paranormal activity or evidence found?

Admittedly I haven't really gone out looking for any paranormal activity. I have this habbit of reading horror stories to the point I am shaking in bed and then deciding to go on a 'ghost hunt' I get out the front door, here a possum climb up a tree or an owl hoot and freak out....I am such a scaredy-cat. One day I will toughen up (or find a few friends to come along) and do some real searching and research, who knows what I might find/witness/experience.

P.S. I am sorry if this post comes up more than once, my computer is dying.

P.P.S. I just remembered a story I heard. It happened to a good friend of mine and I know he wouldn't bother making something like this up. One night (around 1am) he was doing his ironing in the laundry when he heard someone ask 'what are you doing?' he is a bit of a smartass so he replied 'making dinner, what do you think?' and then turned around but no one was there. He looked out into the hallway and there was no trace of anyone else being out of there rooms and no where for anyone to hide to play a prank. Now this guy has his head screwed on and this freaked him out.

Another story was a few people were sitting in one of the common rooms when one of them spotted a figure running down the campus road in all white. (It was the middle of the night so they were naturally freaked out.) They couldn't see too well but they could tell it was a girl or young woman. When they told me about it I started laughing hysterically. After a little bit I managed to tell them it was me making a quick late night run to the shop to buy chocolate. Needless to say they were unimpressed that their 'ghost girl' turned out to be me in my pajamas.

Actually come to think about it I have had an experience...Well kind of. Late one night me and two of the students were watching a movie. We got kinda bored with it and decided to check out the third floor of the residence where no one lives just yet. One of my friends had the master key that opens all the rooms because he was R.A. Anyway we went up stairs and we got to the last room on the left of the corrodore and I just got a really freaky and morbid vibe. I told him to open the door which he did and I stepped inside. The room was deathly cold. I had to leave it freaked me out that much. Not much of an experience but I thought it may interest some of you...

What? Me being attacked by a gal who cannot spell and from a country that smokes fags???? Go back to school and learn to call a cigarette by it's proper name.

What? Me being attacked by a gal who cannot spell and from a country that smokes fags???? Go back to school and learn to call a cigarette by it's proper name.

Moondoggy wth are you talking about. Get on with the original post already.

Edited by Becca L 143

Okay! I am sorry! When I go off my Prozac I tend to drift. Apologies all around. But, I still am wondering if a person is a nutzoid here are they batty in the afterlife?

Dude! A cigarette will always be a ciggie or fag in my books...But then again I am a bogan Australian :P

Okay! I am sorry! When I go off my Prozac I tend to drift. Apologies all around. But, I still am wondering if a person is a nutzoid here are they batty in the afterlife?

On that note (but in a slightly more PC manner) if someone is mentally disabled in life are they that way in death and if so if you were to contact them through oujia board would they be able to comunicate?? (eg spell??)

No! Do not worry about offending these monkeys. We still have cartoons called "looney tunes". Personally, I think our country has gone looney and weak with being so damned "PC". Not this man! I enjoyed your post and be warned, there are cry babies here who pick apart everything people say. Good post and good pics. You might want to get a good digital if you are going to embark on a little Ghost hunting. They cost more up fron but are cheaper in the long run.

:mellow:

You know I'm not sure how I should take this.

When I made my comment about 'great attitude about the mentally ill' I realized it was a quote and I was referring to whoever said that in her post. Now I have a mental illness so it's a tender subject for me. I'm not all about being PC and I think that it's kind of funny that psychiatry is referred to as 'life skills' and such now. However in this comment above you're just being a jerk.

I'm not a monkey nor a cry baby. I made a statement and I picked apart nothing.

Hope I didn't offend. I have attended a few laughing academies myself and graduated with honors. If I make fun of the mentally ill, that is self-deprecating humor.

I've not been offended yet. If you ask me all the best people are mostly batsh** anyway.

Your campus is on the site of a loony bin?That's got to be really creepy.

Either you haven't yet read the rest of this thread and are ignorant to the sensitivities, or you are aware of the sensitivities and are hoping to stir the pot. Either way, I think that was kind of a silly thing to say.

Either you haven't yet read the rest of this thread and are ignorant to the sensitivities, or you are aware of the sensitivities and are hoping to stir the pot. Either way, I think that was kind of a silly thing to say.

Yeah I saw that and I think the latter. I figured I'd just ignore it but I'm glad someone else called her out on it.

:tu:

edited to say 'her' instead of 'him' because I assumed men were usually the ones who were jackasses.

Edited by coldethyl

If you ask me all the best people are mostly batsh** anyway.

:huh: ....Somebody call me?

There really was no need for that considering the discussion on this thread... but hey you don't really need to be told that eh...you now look like a prize ass in your own right for pointing that out...

edited to say 'her' instead of 'him' because I assumed men were usually the ones who were jackasses

This is offensive :o

My sensibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

What comes under 'nutzoid' may I ask? Do you mean a schizophrenic or what?

Anotherwords what kinds of people in our society do you like to call 'nutzoids' ? What kinds of people do you like to look down upon like that?

Anyway I dont really have anything to share in this thread because of its taste and because I've shared before with the original poster, who PM'd me when I first joined here and never replied to what I wrote about Port Arthur. Which I thought was as rude as her opening comments in this thread here.

Just so you know.

Yes I think rude sums this thread up quite nicely :yes:

Edited by Anvil

Anyway I dont really have anything to share in this thread because of its taste and because I've shared before with the original poster, who PM'd me when I first joined here and never replied to what I wrote about Port Arthur. Which I thought was as rude as her opening comments in this thread here.

My apologies if I never replied but I honestly can't remember ever recieving a message on Port Arthur. And to be honset, other than the massacre, I know very little or even nothing else about it. As for my opening comments it was quote taken from SOMEONE ELSES mouth, not my own. I thought we had established that but I guess not.

Yes I think rude sums this thread up quite nicely

Yeah well it is heading that way because no one will get back on topic. I quoted someone else, was pulled up on it for being offensive, I understood completely where they were coming from and apologised. Now please can we stay on topic? In fact, close the damn thread, I thought here would be an apropriate place for this discussion but none of you can get off your polically correct highhorse. I'll find another forum elsewhere. Kinda sad when I think that I have been a part of this forum for two years.

I'm sorry for my comment.I guess I should have read it a bit better.

That's touching coldethyl :cry:

this thread has turned into something beautiful, right before the christmas/haunakah season :cry:

I'm feeling the spirit now....

not to be rude or snide, but after sifting through nearly four pages of discussion on what not to call residents of asylums, no one has mentioned the three photos of the alleged "Sunbury Lunatic Asylum"; in particular, the first shot in the hallway with the figure to the left who is dressed in black. hmm, I smell a hoax: a university that just happens to be located in an old asylum is too good to be true.