Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ghost cat

kerry

cat.gif My poor moggie, is being harrassed by a ghost cat!.....My partner and I often see a small shadow pass us in the hallway, or while watching tv at night, it quickly flits across a certain corner of the room, I have seen my cat in braod daylight hissing and growling and backing away from something at her eye level...shes become so distressed, she pulls out her fur, and jumps at every little noise!......Both my cats at times, just sit and follow something around the room, its quite interesting to watch!........Ive heard a few bangs and seen small shadows, and on one occasion a small pink "orb"..in my kitchen.........And one night, the blind in my room was very noisly making a noise like one of my cats walking behind them, except there was noise, but no movement!.......and Im new here so hello everybody wavey.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• kerry

• algernon the 3rd

• thefirstman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Kerry. Welcome to UM. original.gif

My grandparents had two dogs when I was little. One was an adopted stray called Blacky, because...well, he was black. Anyway, he thought the world of my grandparents, and their other dog.

Some years later, the poor little thing died. Shortly afterwards, a black shape was seen sitting in his corner. Other times, a black shape was seen following the other dog, and moving around near my granddad's chair.

How long have you been in your current home? Maybe a former owner's cat is too fond of it's old home to leave. tongue.gif

post-10-1068610252.gif

Hi original.gif

Interesting story, I've heard of few cases where people have seen ghost pets.

Oddly enough some people who believe in ghosts of humans don't believe in ghosts of animals as they have no souls, but are quite happy with ghosts wearing clothes (which to the best of my knowledge certainly don't have souls) rolleyes.gif

well you know what they say,cats stay when you move out,i agree with cuffy,maybe its a former owners cat?i suggest you do some digging about trying to find info.i would recommend a local library,iv'e found some mad stuff in mine.

Hi Kerry! I'm pretty new here still myself.

It would interesting to find out if there were any cats living where you were before you moved in. How long have you lived there? And they say cats are really sensitive to ghosts anyway don't they.

Of course there must be animal ghosts if there are human ghosts,I believe some animals are more intelligent than some humans!

I love your story, Cufflink... Was the other dog aware of the ghost? It kind of shows how much the black dog loved them doesn't it. original.gif

I love your story, Cufflink... Was the other dog aware of the ghost? It kind of shows how much the black dog loved them doesn't it.  original.gif

Thanks, Bright Eyes. original.gif I was only very small at the time, so I honestly can't remember. But dogs and cats do seem to see things we can't, as Kerry's cats have shown, so maybe he was aware of his old friend hanging around!

Hello again, Ive lived her 3 years..and the previuos owners had many cats, the house is 53 years old, interesting enuf, when my mother and sister came to stay, they complained of a rose type scent in my boys bedroom, and shadows, so maybe there is more going on here then just a cat!......and when we first arrived here, in my daughters bedroom, she always complained the cupboard would squeak, and swore at night her clothes would move ever so slightly!.....but that seemed to have stopped,......I know that sounds rediculous, lol, but it does sound like a cat lives here we all cant see.......and thankyou for the hellos, and making a new gal feel welcome original.gif..........

Hello and welcome Kerry.

It does sound to me like your house may be haunted, especially with the scent of the roses. I've heard this is quite common in spirit activity, although I've also heard that it's usually oranges that can be smelt.

Good luck.

I've heard this is quite common in spirit activity, although I've also heard that it's usually oranges that can be smelt.

Oranges? really? thats interesting, now im gonna look for orange smells in my friend's house(it is supposed to be haunted). I would rather have a ghost cat than a ghost person. thumbsup.gif