Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What I have Labelled As A "Mind Orgasm"

Hollywood Hughes

Hey guys, just started visiting this site and posting again.

Thought I'd make a topic :)

This has been happening to me for as long as I can remember, doesn't always happen, but I have no idea what to call it.

It happens when I've had alot of alcohol to drink, and usually when my mind is free of thought and in a content state. Here's a prime example:

3 nights ago I was laying in bed after an evening of fairly heavy drinking, mainly vodka and coke. All of a sudden I'll feel a build up of energy in my head, a continual build up that eventually kinda explodes in an orgasmic kinda way, then this feeling kinda spreads over my whole body and I usually have to hold onto my bed or something as it's so intense.

Anyone have the slightest clue what I'm talking about?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hollywood Hughes

• Hugh

• Akidenko

• InnerSpace

Hey guys, just started visiting this site and posting again.

Thought I'd make a topic :)

This has been happening to me for as long as I can remember, doesn't always happen, but I have no idea what to call it.

It happens when I've had alot of alcohol to drink, and usually when my mind is free of thought and in a content state. Here's a prime example:

3 nights ago I was laying in bed after an evening of fairly heavy drinking, mainly vodka and coke. All of a sudden I'll feel a build up of energy in my head, a continual build up that eventually kinda explodes in an orgasmic kinda way, then this feeling kinda spreads over my whole body and I usually have to hold onto my bed or something as it's so intense.

The feeling of millions of neurons exploding at once from alcohol overload? :D

I'm not expert on what happens when one is wasted but I've not met anyone that knows what the heck I'm talking about.

Although it is an explosive feeling, that I only get when I'm drunk. Not all the time though.

*Does it* Man, it's sounding way too complicated for me and is talking alot about stress related things.

I am the least stressed guy you'll ever meet. If you know about it dude, stick it in laymans for me :)

Try and repeat your "mind orgasm" without using alcohol. If you can't do it, then obviously the alcohol is causing your seizures.

Google endorphin release and alcoholism.

Hot and spicy foods will also release endorphins. And apparently for women, just talking will do it.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

I know for a fact it's due to the alcohol, the thing that has puzzled me is because I know no one who gets what I'm talking about.

Wish I could have them sober mind :P And no, I'm not an alcoholic.

i remember reading somewhere about drinking too much causing some strange effects in people with epileptic problems. some would get a uphoria-high type thing from excessive drinking . maybe you should get a check-up ?

Well, I think I know the feeling you're describing, this "mind orgasm"

But its nothing...genuine....

In fact I'm pretty sure I've had similar experiences but it involved 4 blurry blurry days in Amsterdam.

Yay substance abuse!

Hot and spicy foods will also release endorphins. And apparently for women, just talking will do it.

Yes, it does leave open the dread spector of TA someday taking on a double meaning of Talker's Anonymous and of something else at the same time.

All of a sudden I'll feel a build up of energy in my head, a continual build up that eventually kinda explodes in an orgasmic kinda way, then this feeling kinda spreads over my whole body and I usually have to hold onto my bed or something as it's so intense.

I think it is due to cerebral anoxia, lack of oxygen to the brain. In a severely drunken state, your breathing gets less and less, as you relax more and more. Eventually, your brain doesn't have enough oxygen, and the feeling you describe is the end result.

Edited by Hugh

Critical Signs for Alcohol Poisoning

* Mental confusion, stupor, coma, or person cannot be roused.

* Vomiting.

* Seizures.

* Slow breathing (fewer than eight breaths per minute).

* Irregular breathing (10 seconds or more between breaths).

* Hypothermia (low body temperature), bluish skin color, paleness.

What Should I Do If I Suspect Someone Has Alcohol Poisoning?

* Know the danger signals.

* Do not wait for all symptoms to be present.

* Be aware that a person who has passed out may die.

* If there is any suspicion of an alcohol overdose, call 911 for help. Don't try to guess the level of drunkenness.

What Can Happen to Someone With Alcohol Poisoning That Goes Untreated?

* Victim chokes on his or her own vomit.

* Breathing slows, becomes irregular, or stops.

* Heart beats irregularly or stops.

* Hypothermia (low body temperature).

* Hypoglycemia (too little blood sugar) leads to seizures.

* Untreated severe dehydration from vomiting can cause seizures, permanent brain damage, or death.

Even if the victim lives, an alcohol overdose can lead to irreversible brain damage. Rapid binge drinking (which often happens on a bet or a dare) is especially dangerous because the victim can ingest a fatal dose before becoming unconscious. source

* Slow breathing (fewer than eight breaths per minute).

* Irregular breathing (10 seconds or more between breaths).

* Breathing slows, becomes irregular, or stops.

Yes, too much alcohol does this, leading to lack of oxygen to the brain.

tingles? like vibrating feeling all over the body? can be due to lack of oxygen. can also be due to "kundalini" try meditating, ie deep relaxation, you become really relaxed then vibrate, do this without being drunk. in a very deeply relaxed state, my whole body vibrates.

Generally I call that "being drunk." Just be sure to avoid driving when in that state.

I sort of get this when I am doing nothing.. or extreamly tired..or just laying in bed, trying to go to sleep..or when I am coming in and out of a dream..

It's nothing rare for me..

-No, I do not drink or do drugs of any kind.

Crysta

Cheers for the responses guys, some pretty intense ideas to be fair. Could be that oxygen thing, seems to make the most sense out of everything I've read.

Could be that oxygen thing, seems to make the most sense out of everything I've read.

You could test it out the next time you lie down in a drunken state. Just focus on your breathing and keep it at a normal rate, not too fast or slow, and your oxygen level should stay high enough so you shouldn't get that feeling.

You don't understand, that feeling ****ing owns :P

Hense the whole "Orgasm" label haha. I shall give it a whirl though, it's best to understand the things your body does.

Well, I think I know the feeling you're describing, this "mind orgasm"

But its nothing...genuine....

In fact I'm pretty sure I've had similar experiences but it involved 4 blurry blurry days in Amsterdam.

Yay substance abuse!

:lol: Woooo Go Amsterdam!

I shall give it a whirl though, it's best to understand the things your body does.

Yup, ummm, that's along the lines that I was thinking lol.

Edited by Hugh

It sounds like what Zen Buddhists call "kensho", and refers to a temporary and elemental stage of satori. The experience can be artificially induced through alcohol or drugs, but is better found through meditative practices. It's like a glimpse of enlightenment.

When it happens does your body feel like a massive ocean wave that is moving yet stationery at the same time?

Pretty great when mind and body become one. When this happens to me (during meditation), it starts at my midsection, then spreads out. It all happens quickly once it starts. I feel like my body is totally embedded in the "matrix". A state of total awareness.