Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

THE SCARECROW

the PHANTOM

w00t.gif The other day ( about a week before haloween)me and a friend of mine were driving down the road near my house. I turned onto this old road beside a cematary which i drive by all the time. Anyway I looked at the house across the road from the cematary and saw this old scarecrow tied to a tree (im thinking a haloween decoration) right. But then the arm lift's up and adjust's it's staw hat. I freaked and so I looked over at my buddy to see if he had seen ot too. And he did so we talked about it and we decided to turn around and check it out to see if it was just a mechanical thing like the dancing santa clause's they sell at WAL-MART. Well we stopped in front of the cematary and ran into these peaple's yard to check it out. And it was an old scarecrow just some old cloth's, straw, stick's and a hat. So now im thinking about going back and talking to the peaple in the house to find out more about this scarecrow but im not sure what to ask without looking crazy. Any suggestions?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the PHANTOM

• Loonboy

• PurpleStuart

• xgaryedgex

I don't think there is a way to ask them about it without looking crazy. Go ahead and ask them anyway. grin2.gif

Yes.  Don't drink and drive.

smoke and fly and instead tongue.gifwink2.gif

Well I guess it wouldn't be too hard to knock together some mechatronic device to move the arm and make it adjust the hat.

This is your brain - original.gif

This is your brain on drugs - eyecrazy.gif*seeing scarecrows moving*!

(just goofing with ya)

Just go ask them! You won't know until you ask! wink2.gif

I wouldn't be able to rest until I had asked them! If it was a prank they'd admit to it now, after making your brain work overtime for a week! Scarecrows freak me out, with the exception of Worzel Gummidge, awwwww.

You better beware, it might have been the monster from Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2, he's supposed to be quite fond of imitating scarecrows...

Just to make it clear there were no alchohol or drug's involved. I just asumed that went without saying but it's not mechanical I felt the arm real fast when I ran up there. Like I said just straw and some sticks.

just ask them. you'll never know unless you ask. if they think your crazy wacko.gif then its not like you know the people and have to see them all the time.

Go ahead and ask, but be carefull, you never know, the family that lives there might be like the ones in, House of 1000 Corpses, or Texas Chainsaw Massacre!!! LMAO wacko.gifblink.gifwhistling2.gifw00t.gif

Well,

I went by the house to check it out again and the scarecrow and all the other halloween dec. were gone so I didnt ask.

I'm guessing that the fact it's gone now means that it was there specifically for Halloween. Just a thought but.......could it have been kids up the tree with a piece of string tied to the scarecrows hand?

It is believed that on holloween the world of the dead and the world of the living cross each other . It is possible you witnessed a spirit messing with you for fun . But it is more likely that it really was just some kids in the tree with some strings . You should ask the people that live their to really know .

Ignore everyone who says you were drunk , even if you were the chances of hallucinating the same thing is highly unlikely .

or could it have been rigged up to move every ten minutes or so?

Xeno is right.The spirit world is released to the living world to create mischief,quite fun if you ask me.Cant wait till my first dead hallow'een grin2.gif beware of the ghost of Adam!!!

you should have asked any way. you could have been like "hey where did you get that cool moving scarecrow?" and if they say what moving scarecrow you say i'm sorry i have he wrong house. no harm no foul.

...or say it must of been the wind then!

If you did ask them if it was a rigged scarecrow and it was, they would probably be happy that their joke actually got somebody wondering about it for almost a month after Hallowe'en! w00t.gifdevil.gif