Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sasquatch lies and truths

doink

question: Why would a Sasquatch throw a tantrum? Why would it throw things, stones, bend things out of anger just because some campers were in it's territory? Why not just plain out and out attack the people involved, as other animals who've displayed such strong territoriality? Compare the amount of Bear attacks each year, how many humans have been actually harmed by a sasquatch? Have you ever heard of any ape grabbing a frying pan and bending it, out of sheer rage? You're placing human emotional problems on a being that has eluded mankind for the last 10,000 years.

A lot of these stories started from the miners in Ape Canyon in 1924. They honestly believed they had been attacked by a group of Sasquatch. They hid in their cabin all through the night as stones and bodies pounced on the ceiling and walls all night. They assumed it was Sasquatch because they actually had seen one before, and shot it before it disappeared. They figured the group had come back for revenge. Only years later, a friend confessed on his deathbed that he and others had heard the miners story of shooting the Sasquatch, and decided the next night to play a practical joke on their buddies. They didn't count on the authorities or the press getting involved, and the whole thing got out of hand.

Several stories have followed the same formula, and we think this must be Sasquatch behaviour, because we like to cling to whatever testimony or supposed evidence is available because we really want to believe that Sasquatch exists. But the problem is that none of these stories is proven, and if you take several pranks and several lies and draw your image from that you're left with a different being entirely.

I was raised in the mountains of the Cascade Range in Washington State. Right in the middle of Sasquatch territory. I spent the first year of my life in the family cabin at the base of Chrystal Mountain. I spent every day of every summer hiking through the Cascade Range, fishing in lakes that don't exist on any map, hunting in places that very few humans have ever seen. I spent every weekend during the winter skiing on the mountains since I was three years old. My father works for the Department of Natural Resources and several times pulled night watch for weeks at a time on places where a Sasquatch had reportedly trashed a logging area and machinery etc. He and I have NEVER seen a Sasquatch attack anybody or throw any tantrum or threatening behaviour. In fact, my Dad also grew up in the mountains there and has never seen a Sasquatch at all. For that reason, he doesn't believe in them. I believe, however, that he chooses not to believe because if anybody were to ever see one, he woould've, and I think he is a little jealous and secretly does want to see one. I, however, am a firm believer in Sasquatch.

If you really want to know Sasquatch behaviour, pay attention to the Native American stories. I'm not talking about the ones that are meant to frighten children into behaving and not wandering away from camp. I mean the magical ones, the ones with real mystery, and awe. Because the Sasquatch are not apes as you or I know them, they are very magical beings, with a lot of fantastic powers. They are a lot more human than we are, in the truest sense of the word. They don't NEED to throw a tantrum or scare somebody off through violence, I'd say that behaviour is beneath them if they weren't so humble.

I attend Native American ceremonies on a regular basis, at least once a week. Through the Inipii ceremony and through meditation I've come to know Sasquatch to the extent that I'm positive they would never show any form of violence towards any human. Quite the opposite, I'm happy to say. Since I've started this course of action I've come to realize that the majority of statements and even the supposed "Greatest proof of the existence of Sasquatch" Are all just a bunch pranks, lies, and hoaxes. You might not believe me, but if you're going to take somebody's word for fact than I might as well throw in my voice for a people I've been honored to know.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doink

• Journey

• Monster-Finder

• moe eubleck

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I attend Native American ceremonies on a regular basis, at least once a week.

That is so cool! thumbsup.gif What tribe are you with? Is there like this giant bonfire and dancing under the moonlight? Tell me more!

Hey, thanks for the encouraging words and interest. I myself am of Irish and Scottish descent, with a little Dutch, German, and English in the mix. However, My wife is Diineh, or Navajo as they are commonly known. The iniipi ceremony is a Sioux ceremony that is also known as the Sweatlodge. The one I attend is run by a Yankton Sioux gentleman who I have adopted (or he adopted me) as my Uncle. There is a bonfire used to heat lava rocks, or Stone People as they prefer (or Grandfathers and Grandmothers). The Stones are heated until they are glowing red, and brought into a dome shaped structure formed of a frame of willow or cedar, and draped over with tarps. The stones are placed in a pit in the middle, and everybody sits around in a circle. The door is closed and water is poured on the stone people, producing very hot steam. It is kind of like a sauna but a lot hotter. Everybody prays and sings the traditional songs, and the whole thing is led by one person. The heat builds to a cerscendo, and the door is opened, ending the first round. More stones are brought in, and the second round begins. This goes on for 4 rounds. No dancing naked under the moon, as the ceremony is treated with a great deal of respect. Of course, if after the ceremony you wanted to leave and dance naked under the moon you're more than welcome to laugh.gif !

The fire represents the heart of the Mother Earth, the dome or lodge represents the womb of Mother Earth. When you are inside, you are in the womb, and all masks are removed. You speak from the heart. When you emerge you are renewed, as long as you leave what you want to behind. It's a purification ceremony of the mind, body, and soul.

Now there are traditional Dineeh swaetlodges where only men or women go in at a time, and nakedness is the custom. However, the one I attend is co-ed, so out of respect for the opposite gender we are clothed. A lot of people are praying for loved ones who are ill, or incarcerated, or having very serious problems, and there is no need for other distractions.

A little searching and you may find one in your area, be polite and ask with sincerety and you may be invited to one. It has changed my life for the better, I'll always be grateful to those who've looked out for me, be they human or otherwise.

It is not necessary to attend a sweatlodge ceremony to see or even converse with Sasquatch (or other beings). I also practice meditation, and my experiences with these magical beings began while meditating. It is very simple and you can do it in any quiet room. If anybody is interested please respond and I'll happily tell you how I do it. Any religion is acceptable, you don't have to change your beliefs.

You know, if I was a " Bigfoot" I would be p***ed off when my domain was entered upon by a human!

There are so many legends, so many sightings.... I do not deny their existence. An old mountain man, here in Alaska, told me a strory some time back. John Luster was in his 90's when he died a few years back- and I had the pleasure of spending 10 months in the mountains with him. I learned so much- and everything was the "old way" on horseback, nothing mechanized. John's guide license was # 4 in this state- and a world-class guide and outfitter. And he was half American Indian, an outcast in his youth because he was half-white, hence his decision in the 40's to come to Alaska. In his clientle were bankers, doctors, and he even took Rossevelt hunting here-so we have established in a few lines who this unique man was-

I asked John what was the one thing he could never figure out, and he told me of the creature that stole half of his moose.

"I was on foot," he said, "and I was in the mountains, stalking a good size bull for meat, and when I did get a shot he was on a little ridge maybe 200 yards or so from me. As there was a real wet area between us I knew after I shot that I would have to go up, and then back down to get to the kill. I shot, the moose dropped, and 20 minutes later I was the spot he dropped. Only thing was, only half the moose was there !" He told me the moose was " ripped " in half and the front side was gone! Yes, there was sign left. And he said that is was not bear sign, that what he saw was big and shaped like a human foot- he said he left right then- and did not look back-

First thought, Bear. No, he said, the carcass was carried off- not dragged...

I then said , what -Bigfoot? He just looked at me, and said no more-

John showed me much- Thunder egg beds (geodes) fossils, etc. And I believe his story- And when I am in the wilderness now I look at things differently. And very closely!

I got a good laugh out of the "rock throwing" Mountain men LOL!!!

Great story. I would like to hear more about your friend.

Yeah, the miners story is pretty funny, I could just imagine the buddies hearing about the Sasquatch being shot in the local saloon, and afterwards in a whiskey enhanced stupor banging away at that little cabin! Before I found the confession, this story was the hardest one to get out of my head. After learning so much about the Sasquatch, and how peaceful they really are, I still wanted to believe that humans could somehow get beat up by another being and stay out of the forest. But then again, a lot of the people who go there have an appreciation for it. My teachers as well as the meditations told me that it just wasn't true, and then I found that confession and it clinched it. But that story is what lead to the reputation of rock throwing, and so on.

A good gesture on the animals [bigfoot] behalf, he did leave half the moose ! My memory does not recall any instance of a human doing this for the Bigfoot, though.

I would be curious to know more of the Inippi's understanding of Bigfoot. I have always wanted to take in the expierience of a sweatlodge, and you are fortunate to be able to take part in the tradition.

On another note- I have a dog, and this big male wolf hybrid is black. When we are out walking in the nearby woods it is as if you cannot see him, for the black color of his coat just blends in...and he is big, 110 lbs. at this time.

When you are in the wilderness by yourself and you get this feeling that something is looking at you....I have felt it several times.....only once did I determine the presence of a brown bear, as his tracks were on top of mine on the gametrail as I exited into the riverbed.

My point is this- If my dog can blend in so easily to the surroundings it is very easy to assume that another creature can so easily do the same while a human was in its presence...I have always wandered what I felt was watching me on the other occasions.

If I saw a Bigfoot? I would consider myself most fortunate, and there is no way I could inflict harm to it, perhaps it is a blessing just to see one.

There have been several sightings made public here. There was one instance of several different parties seeing the same one in the middle of the highway North of Willow, Alaska. I'll see if if I can dig it up and post later. This is an interesting perspective for the subject Alaska Bigfoot While visiting here be sure to check out the homepage and enter "Alaska" in the engine. I know Jim Coffee with the FAA- his word is good.

Hey folks, you have no proof Ape Canyon ever happened. It is a story by Fred Beck, and BTW, Fred Beck and Ivan Sanderson both became paranormalists re BF.

BFs do not attack people, other than toss rocks kinda close and rap on walls.

w00t.gif

Edited by Magikman

I agree that Sasquatch is a magical being. My very first post here was about this. A member was joking about Bigfoot always being blurry in photo's, and joked that maybe Bigfoot was just blurry. That made me remember stories I've heard about Bigfoot being able to vanish. The Choctaws around here said that you could'nt see him unless he allowed it. The two times I saw him....I never got a good look. He wasn't but 50 or so yards away, and we had binoculars and scopes on our guns, and still I can't remember It's face, even though he stood there in the spotlight for a few minutes.

I agree that Sasquatch is a magical being. My very first post here was about this. A member was joking about Bigfoot always being blurry in photo's, and joked that maybe Bigfoot was just blurry. That made me remember stories I've heard about Bigfoot being able to vanish. The Choctaws around here said that you could'nt see him unless he allowed it. The two times I saw him....I never got a good look. He wasn't but 50 or so yards away, and we had binoculars and scopes on our guns, and still I can't remember It's face, even though he stood there in the spotlight for a few minutes.

Quite true --

BF photos are blurry or soft, because BF is not a hard-edge thing.

It vibrates and is a shapeshifter and we will never get a super,super sharp photo...

BUT---- see the one here if our kind moderator allows it to be posted.

source: http://www.beckjord.com/bigfoottribephotos

ph34r.gif MF

post-9-1069017526.jpg

Great points, all. I appreciate this kind of response. Journey, the inipii is the Sioux word for the sweatlodge ceremony. I do not have enough knowledge concerning their stories of Sasquatch, though I would love to hear them here if anybody knows them? However, the Dineeh here in Arizona also have Sasquatch, and believe they are strong medicine people. Most major cities have a Native American hospital, you can usually find out about where a sweatlodge is being held by asking there. My Grandfather had a cool way of getting to know the Native people in Alaska, Canada, and Washington. He'd cook a big batch of chocolate chip cookies and sit on the porch eating them. The Native kids would walk by and smell the cookies, and before you knew it they'd come up and ask for some. So they'd sit and get to know my Grandpa, and keep coming over for those chocolate chip cookies. Eventually their parents would come by, and lo and behold, more cookies would be awaiting them!

Great insight on the Choctaw belief of Sasquatch blending in with their surroundings, so far that's been the prevalent idea put forth on this thread. I have found this to be true as well, both from my teachers and meditations. I'm totally surprised to find that these responses would arrive as quickly as they have. I was trying to break the ice with the idea of Sasquatch not being violent, and BOOM! Out comes one of their major abilities. Thanks for coming forward with your stories and beliefs, it takes a brave person to do so. People are willing to believe Sasquatch exists, even though the scientific evidence is slim, yet don't want to feel foolish by believing a Sasquatch can be magic.