Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyaramids made from concrete?

The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crystal sage

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Chauncy

• mindnumbinglyfun

:tu:

Yes it certainly makes more sense.... it could explain a lot of the magnificent architecture of the old days....

http://www.davidovits.info/joseph-davidovits-biography/

http://www.geopolymer.org/archaeology/pyra...2-the-evidences

In prehistoric times most of present-day Egypt was submerged under the sea. The decomposing remains of marine organisms, shells and skeletons, plants, seaweed and algae, fallen to the bottom of the sea, formed mud that condensed itself into a sedimentary rock we call limestone.

A natural process that lasted thousands of years consolidated and hardened them, forming banks of limestone. The pyramid blocks are made of this limestone, a sedimentary rock formed from skeletons and large fossil shells of marine organisms. These fossil remains are normally found in sedimentary horizontal layers. Yet, in the stones of the Great Pyramid, Professor Davidovits found them in disarray, jumbled up together quite haphazardly as if they were artificially mixed with some kind of pestle.

Another phenomenon observed in the pyramid stones was the presence of air bubbles, organic fibers, bones and animal teeth, foreign materials never found in natural limestone – which would seem to be further proof that the stones were man-made.

I'm moving this to a more appropriate forum.

I moved this to the wrong forum. Second time lucky I hope.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

This theory has been around for a long time, and as far as I know has been debunked time and time again. It just seems to keep popping up every few years.

...contradicting Davidovit's main arguments: neither are the pyramid blocks uniform or regular, neither are they layed out with "1/10th millimeter precision". Not even his argument of a uniform layer thickness is correct, it is reached as we can see at Khufu's pyramid partly by risky stacking of smaller stones. Also there are several constructions which could not have been casted at all...

http://doernenburg.alien.de/alternativ/pyramide/pyr17_e.php

The theory is very nice and well-described. Unfortunately, it totally ignores a huge body of evidence. Davidovits works hard to explain away the existing quarries, the abundance of tools found during the Third and Fourth Dynasties, and the decrease in pyramid quality after the Fourth Dynasty. He ultimately declares that "This issue, however, is a matter of hard science, which must be confirmed or disputed by qualified scientists. It is not ultimately for Egyptologists, who are specialized historians, to approve or reject." (p. 239) He adds that he finds no support for his thesis among other geologists for two reasons. One, his sampling of pyramid limestone was very small. He used a single specimen of questionable provenance: Jean-Phillipe Lauer told him that it came from the Great Pyramid at Giza. Two, some of Davidovits' information is "highly confidential" thus preventing him from sharing certain of his technical details with others...

http://www.catchpenny.org/theories.html

Yes, I remember reading that article. Very interesting. I believe the pyramids were made by giants who inhabited the area at that time, and they used concrete. During the time of the construction of the Great Pyramid, Syria was part of Egypt, and there are stories of giants who roamed that part of the Earth at that time.

Next Sunday, I plan to post a thread which you will find very interesting. It will be posted on my forum at the following link

http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi

~ Isis

• 3 weeks later...

I have also read somewhere that the pyramids were built upon the ruins of older pyramids...hence the rubble..recycled materials used..( like in Mexico http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_7.htm )

.The energy grids mentioned... are they the ley lines of the druids etc???

http://www.wholisticworldvision.org/tours/celtic.html

I still think a form of cement makes sense ... otherwise how could you explain Baalbeck where the stones were much larger!!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/baalbek72/index.html

Yes, I remember reading that article. Very interesting. I believe the pyramids were made by giants who inhabited the area at that time, and they used concrete. During the time of the construction of the Great Pyramid, Syria was part of Egypt, and there are stories of giants who roamed that part of the Earth at that time.

Next Sunday, I plan to post a thread which you will find very interesting. It will be posted on my forum at the following link

~ Isis

Yes. Giants make more sense. :no:

http://www.touregypt.net/chemicals.htm

In 1913 at Upsala, Otto Lagercrantz published the Greek text with a translation into German of a similar Egyptian papyrus ;the "Papyrus Graecus Holmienis." This work like the Leyden manuscript is a collection of recipes for alloys, metal working, dyeing, imitations of precious stones and similar arts. Investigation revealed that this manuscript also came from Swedish vice consul at Alexandria, d’Anastasy, presented by him to the Swedish Academy of Antiquities of Stockholm. Here it slumbered apparently unnoticed until 1906 when it was transferred to the Victoria Museum at Upsala.

Examination and comparison with the Leyden Papyrus made it evident that the new papyrus was not only identical, but in all probability was in part at least written by the same hand. Both papyri were in remarkably well preserved condition. Both gave internal evidence of having been copied from other originals. Berthelot has suggested that the Papyrus X had been preserved in the mummy case of an Egyptian chemist, and Lagercrantz agreed in the opinion and is probably made as deluxe copies for the purpose of being entombed with their former owner in accordance with a common custom of placing in the tomb articles formerly owned or used by the deceased. The two manuscripts were taken together from an interesting collection of laboratory recipes of the kinds which Diocletain ordered destroyed and which apparently were very generally destroyed . The date ascribed to them is about the time of the decree of Diocletain, and it may be presumed that, in the mummy case, they escaped the execution of that decree.

The laboratory manuals from which these copies were made, were written not for public information but for the guidance of the workers. The recipes themselves are often very detailed directions, but often also were hints or suggestions, sometimes elliptical to such an extent as to give no clear idea of the process as carried out.

The Leyedn papyrus compress about seventy five recipes pertaining to the making of alloys, for soldering metals, for coloring the surfaces of metals, for testing the quality of or purify of metals, or for imitating the precious metals.

~ Isis

Yes there where a lot of stories of that nature from that period of history. I'm pretty sure however someone would have actually noticed them, maybe next to the minotaur and Medussa.

http://www.virtual-egyptian-museum.org/Col...0787.html&0

Before the invention of glass blowing, several established glass forming techniques used molds. So, blowing the glass into a two-part mold that would constrain and shape the bubble as well as provide surface texture, was a very natural evolution of known skills. This full-size mold-blowing technique was “invented on the Syro-Palestinian coast, presumably in Sidon or vicinity, in the early first century CE” (Stern 2001:26)

http://www.spirasolaris.ca/waterstone.html

A1. The Ancient Walls (Richard Nisbet) http://home.earthlink.net/~rnisbet/frame8.html

"Hiram Bingham was told of a plant whose juices softened rock so that the surfaces would join perfectly. There are reports of such a plant, including this one by one of the early Spanish Chroniclers:

:tu:

"While encamped by a rocky river, he watched a bird with a leaf in its beak light on a rock, lay down the leaf and peck at it.

The next day the bird returned. By then there was a concavity where the leaf had been.

By this method the bird created a drinking cup to catch the splashing waters of the river."

Considering the fact that lichen softens stone to attach its roots, and considering the ongoing extinction of plant species, perhaps this isn't really such a far-fetched notion."

"My nephew was down in the Chuncho country on the Pyrene River in Peru, and his horse going lame one day he left it at a neighbouring chacra, about five miles away from his own, and walked home. Next day he walked over to get his horse, and took a short cut through a strip of forest he had never before penetrated. He was wearing riding breeches, top boots, and big spurs--not the little English kind, but the great Mexican spurs four inches long, with rowels bigger than a half-crown piece--and these spurs were almost new. When he got to the chacra after a hot and difficult walk through thick bush he was amazed to find that his beautiful spurs were gone--eaten away somehow, till they were no more than black spikes projecting an eighth of an inch. He couldn't understand it, till the owner of the chacra asked him if by any chance he had walked through a certain plant about a foot high, with dark reddish leaves. My nephew at once remembered that he came through a wide area where the ground was thickly covered with such a plant. 'That's it!' said the chacarero. That's what's eaten your spurs away! That's the stuff the Incas used for shaping stones. The juice will soften rock up till it's like paste. You must show me where you found the plants.' When they came to look for the place they couldn't find it. It's not easy to retrace your steps in jungle where no trails exist."

Edited by crystal sage

• 2 months later...

"Some dissenters say that levers or pulleys were used, even though the wheel had not been invented at that time, the paper reported. " I lol'd, lol not invented at the time. What?

Lets not forget how super the crucible is when the the great pyramids were built, what their resources were at the time, there knowledge , way of wealth in resources to be able to have power over men and utilized the surgical procedures that they did at the time. the story the pryamids are a wonder and theories many.

So underestimateing the egyptions themselves as theve changed the pharoahs and laws of gods through out kingship, they were powerful , yes, they held captive a whole nationality of isrialites under slavery to do there labor. they followed many of the science laws . how , we know by learning from them . theyve domesticated the wildcats and had the ability to do so without genetic and flawed the fact their beliefs were looking to the laws of nature as well and made them gods , the eagle being one , the cat, so on the germans during the first century and on domesticated the wolf but failed in the breeds by trial and error, not the egyptions. At there time the earth was different, and from what I recall is they did utilze the slaves to do manpower in the construction of them. lymstone was the prime resource and in their time a type of cement smered on the outside as a drywall type of coat. Now the idea was from the sun rah at one point was the one they were trying to get the attention of as in favor of mercy for and or worship they paid homage to the sun as the god of the pharohs. being said since the resources were and still are diamonds as well , and if slaves were captured for labor camps to serve the purpose of the the kingship. why woudnt they utilze a form of minerals such as diamonds if they were in the land where the isrilites were from the whole middle east has been in a dispute with this idea from day one . the war we know now came from biblcal historical truths and orgin. look at the earth then the resources full and enriched, but the diversity of many different kinds of poeple up until today is so divided , its hard to underestimate what knowledge the egyptions realy did have, we know that havey resources and wealth buys allot more tha unpaid labor . the egyptions were very very intellegent and why would we undersetimate what is literally in stone written for the children and generations of the accomplishments and story of what they considered , the survival of their own and the here after , the lives of thier own a security blanket and by the resurces of nature through natural minerals and earths resources , the stars , and animals , they looked at the whole basis of the laws of physics even medically. they could . given the provisions by them before , wealth was power and by theyre stands controled the world. intelligent yes. underestamating a procedure we should easily realize , is non negotiable when the facts are controversial or debated. thats just being a monkey .

keeping the wonders of a arcutechural landmark that has survived all this time , the earth tells us the secrets of what they , or how they were built , thus so did the pharohs and his servants. its pretty simple . like i said keeping the mind open for always collect new info on this longlasted monuments, are without a doubt a learning experience but the egyptions look to the earth sea and sky for there answers and made gods of creatures rpresenting them. so , underestimating the story evident to me left behind was for them to continue on. it must mean true structures of laws that worked, for them at the time, it did.