Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fast Walker

morrison1976

Check this out. Very interesting! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Walker

MAY 5, 1984, an alert was triggered at the North America Air Defense Command. Moving at 22,000 miles per hour, it was heading toward Earth and had been determined to NOT be incoming ballistic missles, or any other type of conventionally explainable object. Once tracked, it was code-named "Fast Walker".

This object was first spotted by the ultra-sensitive orbiting USDSP satellites our county uses for detailed surveillance and air defense. These satellites have the infra-red capability to spot small heat sources on the surface of the earth and are time-proven as effective monitoring devices.

At 1400 hours zulu time, an object was spotted by a USDSP satellite and tracked as it sped first directly toward the Earth and passed if front and within 15 miles of the USDSP satellite. It suddenly and without impact or contact with other devices or obstructions curved outward, away from the Earth. It was tracked for another 9 minutes until it then disappeared.

What the data resolved was that it was a hot, fast, solid object that swept in from outer space. This information would probably have been totally kept from public view, but it was leaked.

The statement was "Where it appeared in the (satellite's) sensor field would indicate that the object came into the sensor field from outer-space, went in front of the sensor, and left, departing back into deep space. It would indicate that it was some type of craft that had the ability to maneuver. And there you have hard evidence. You have telemetry from that satellite, you have information, you have systems, you have data that you can go back and investigate and check and verify. In the past, usually UFO events are of just eye-witness testimony... There you have a very sensitive defense system that sent you information to the ground. I don't even know if you can solve it... maybe it's one of those enigmas that's just gonna be with us forever. What type of craft would have that ability? Some people might say, 'A UFO'."

Edited by morrison1976

The "fast walker" detected by DSP 7 on 5th May 1984 has been identified as an NRO signals intelligence satellite that was left in a transfer orbit by a launch vehicle failure the previous January. The reason that it got more attention than the normal fast walker is that it came within 3 km of the DSP.

For background, the DSPs carry a large infra-red telescope and their primary mission is detection of missile launches. When the system became operational, it was soon found that non-missile targets were also being detected, and these were classified as "slow walkers", which are aircraft, and "fast walkers", which are satellites. They are known as walkers, from the way they "walk" across the operators' screens.

Source- Americas Secret Sentinels by Jeffery Richelson

As always there seems to be a logical explanation for everything "alien", it just takes time to dig it out. But you just watch, some of the "believers" have a pretty hard time letting this one back into the lake.

name='morrison1976' date='Dec 8 2006, 09:03 AM' post='1454747']

Check this out. Very interesting! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Walker

MAY 5, 1984, an alert was triggered at the North America Air Defense Command. Moving at 22,000 miles per hour, it was heading toward Earth and had been determined to NOT be incoming ballistic missles, or any other type of conventionally explainable object. Once tracked, it was code-named "Fast Walker".

This object was first spotted by the ultra-sensitive orbiting USDSP satellites our county uses for detailed surveillance and air defense. These satellites have the infra-red capability to spot small heat sources on the surface of the earth and are time-proven as effective monitoring devices.

At 1400 hours zulu time, an object was spotted by a USDSP satellite and tracked as it sped first directly toward the Earth and passed if front and within 15 miles of the USDSP satellite. It suddenly and without impact or contact with other devices or obstructions curved outward, away from the Earth. It was tracked for another 9 minutes until it then disappeared.

What the data resolved was that it was a hot, fast, solid object that swept in from outer space. This information would probably have been totally kept from public view, but it was leaked.

The statement was "Where it appeared in the (satellite's) sensor field would indicate that the object came into the sensor field from outer-space, went in front of the sensor, and left, departing back into deep space. It would indicate that it was some type of craft that had the ability to maneuver. And there you have hard evidence. You have telemetry from that satellite, you have information, you have systems, you have data that you can go back and investigate and check and verify. In the past, usually UFO events are of just eye-witness testimony... There you have a very sensitive defense system that sent you information to the ground. I don't even know if you can solve it... maybe it's one of those enigmas that's just gonna be with us forever. What type of craft would have that ability? Some people might say, 'A UFO'."

Aerojet engineers, the folks who built the DSP satellite have confirmed that their DSP satellites track 2-3 "Fast Walkers" per month. One of the engineers is releasing information that proves DSP satellites have been tracking UFOs for years. In fact, it was a DSP satellite that confirmed this UFO incident.

Iran UFO Incident-1976

The 1976 Tehran UFO Incident was a radar and visual sighting of an unidentified flying object (UFO) over Tehran, the capital of Iran. The incident is particularly notable for the electromagnetic interference effects on aircraft near the UFO. Two F-4 jet interceptors independently lost instrumentation and communications as they approached, only to have these restored when they left. One F-4 also lost its weapons systems when it was about to fire on the object.

The incident is well-documented in a U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) report with a distribution list that included the White House, Secretary of State, Joint Chiefs of Staff, National Security Agency (NSA), and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Various high Iranian military officers directly involved with the events have also gone on public record stating their belief the object was an extraterrestrial craft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_sightings_in_Iran

The DSP Connection

An impressive breakthrough in the confirmation of the Iranian UFO

encounter was uncovered by researchers Lee Graham and Ron Regehr,

of Aero-Jet in California. They confirmed that the UFO sighting

over Tehran was, in fact, tracked by the United States military's

DSP satellite.

During their investigations, Graham and Reghr have located

computer print-outs from the time frame of the the Iranian UFO

overflight, which show that the DSP definitely detected an

"anomalous object" in Iranian air space.

Iranian UFO Documents

http://www.nicap.org/iran25.htm

http://www.nicap.org/iran26.htm

http://www.nicap.org/iran27.htm

name='hazzard' date='Dec 8 2006, 09:28 AM' post='1454772']

The "fast walker" detected by DSP 7 on 5th May 1984 has been identified as an NRO signals intelligence satellite that was left in a transfer orbit by a launch vehicle failure the previous January. The reason that it got more attention than the normal fast walker is that it came within 3 km of the DSP.

For background, the DSPs carry a large infra-red telescope and their primary mission is detection of missile launches. When the system became operational, it was soon found that non-missile targets were also being detected, and these were classified as "slow walkers", which are aircraft, and "fast walkers", which are satellites. They are known as walkers, from the way they "walk" across the operators' screens.

As always there seems to be a logical explanation for everything "alien", it just takes time to dig it out. But you just watch, some of the "believers" have a pretty hard time letting this one back into the lake.

Hazzard,

Tell gwiz, that skyeagle409 says he is incorrect and that NORAD tracked the UFO coming in from deep space, not in geosynchronous orbit and NORAD tracked the UFO going back into deep space and not back into geosynchronous orbit. Didn't he bother to read the case history on that incident? Geezzzz!!

Tell the guy to do his homework for a change!

Edited by skyeagle409

As far as i can tell, its still unexplained. The ufo was tracked from deep space, so that theory is not logical

I heard about another 'fastwalker' incident in dec 1986.. The first plausible explanation was-it may be a new 'russian' anti satellite missile..but this was quickly ruled out because of the speeds and characteristic involved- also Norad would have detected the Russians launching the missile in the first place.

I'm trying to find out more.. so no link.. Haz

I heard about another 'fastwalker' incident in dec 1986.. The first plausible explanation was-it may be a new 'russian' anti satellite missile..but this was quickly ruled out because of the speeds and characteristic involved- also Norad would have detected the Russians launching the missile in the first place.

I'm trying to find out more.. so no link.. Haz

Well this does not have a logical explanation. No matter what way you look at it, very interesting!

name='morrison1976' date='Dec 8 2006, 09:40 AM' post='1454785']

As far as i can tell, its still unexplained. The ufo was tracked from deep space, so that theory is not logical

The UFO was tracked coming in from deep space to where it curved back into deep space and yet, someone claimed that another satellite was responsible and that case is still listed as unexplained in official files. That should have been yet another clue that no satellite was responsible for that encounter.

I guess there are those who want nothing better to do than to debunk any UFO case despite the facts.

Truly amazing!!

The UFO was tracked coming in from deep space to where it curved back into deep space and yet, someone claimed that another satellite was responsible and that case is still listed as unexplained in official files. That should have been yet another clue that no satellite was responsible for that encounter.

I guess there are those who want nothing better to do than to debunk any UFO case despite the facts.

Truly amazing!!

Well i did not know about this and, to me this is quite amazing. Why is this not more popular???

And around and around we go.

Sky, with his almost fanatic religious belief, and the skeptics who needs more than his radar or eyewitness stories. :lol:

name='morrison1976' date='Dec 8 2006, 09:51 AM' post='1454795']

Well i did not know about this and, to me this is quite amazing. Why is this not more popular???

That DSP incident has been presented on TV from time to time so perhaps, the History Channel will get around to it.

name='hazzard' date='Dec 8 2006, 09:56 AM' post='1454799']

Sky, with his almost fanatic religious belief, and the skeptics who needs more than his radar or eyewitness stories. :lol:

What is so funny is that the case specifically mentions that the UFO came in from deep space and said nothing about a satellite in orbit passing in front of a DSP satellite and that the UFO curved back into deep space and was tracked for several more minutes before contact was lost.

Well, that should have told him right there that if NORAD lost track of the UFO after several minutes, the UFO couldn't have been in Earth's orbit because NORAD keeps tabs on things in Earth's orbit and that was a major clue right there because NORAD wouldn't have lost track of such a large object if it were still in Earth's orbit but it seems the guy missed the boat on that one! :w00t:

Edited by skyeagle409

Sky, with his almost fanatic religious belief, and the skeptics who needs more than his radar or eyewitness stories

No hazzard! thats not explaining it. How can you explain it? It came from deep space!

Please read the case, then come back and give us your views.

This proves that no matter what evidence comes up, it will still be de-bunked.

Edited by morrison1976

Eyewitness is the strongest of all evidence my friend, especially when you're the eyewitness- armed with a few verified facts- doors open.

Like science- I didn't make up the rules.

The laws of physics will tell you that your(or someone elses) explanation is not logical

MAY 5, 1984, an alert was triggered at the North America Air Defense Command. Moving at 22,000 miles per hour, it was heading toward Earth and had been determined to NOT be incoming ballistic missiles, or any other type of conventionally explainable object. Once tracked, it was code-named "Fast Walker".

USDSP Satellite in orbit (depiction)

USDSP Satellite (depiction of ) initial encounter as "Fast Walker" passed from left to right, headed Earthward.

USDSP Satellite (depiction of ) reversal of course by "Fast Walker" as it headed back toward open space.

Trajectory of "Fast Walker"

A Top-Secret summary of the incident reveals the time and place.

Top Secret file, incident underlined

What the data resolved was that it was a hot, fast, solid object that swept in from outer space. This information would probably have been totally kept from public view, but it was leaked to UFO Researcher Joe Stefula

See, now this annoys me. You bring up a good case, and you still get de-bunkers who come out with the stupid remarks. I really feel sorry for some of them. Im just glad that my own mind and thoughts are free to make my own mind up. Well, its their life i guess, but before they start coming out with the wacko terms, try and look at the case properly. That really tells you about some people out there. They are just de-bunkers, as simple as that. This is a good case, but they dont care about the good cases, because they cant de-bunk them.

This is not to all skeptics, as there are some on here i really like!

Edited by morrison1976

See, the word believer is used as a derogative and patronizing term in scientific circles 'oh look, they use.. faith' when all I’ve noticed is some of 'believers' here in the UM are actually using probability and yes, fully understand that using probability doesn't automatically make something true either.

See, the word believer is used as a derogative and patronizing term in scientific circles 'oh look, they use.. faith' when all I’ve noticed is some of 'believers' here in the UM are actually using probability and yes, fully understand that using probability doesn't automatically make something true either.

Im up for listening to a skeptics view, as long as they have looked into the case. I have believed in something, then listened to a skeptics view and completely changed my view and ended up agreeing the skeptics. That does not bother me, i dont feel ashamed or embarrased about it. But what do you think are the chances of changing a de-bunkers mind, esp the ones who never look into the cases, they just de-bunk it, chances are not very high. This goes for only a few on here, and i want to make that clear.

So! come on people! whats your opinion on this one?

Edited by morrison1976

still no de-bunker want to touch it!!!!???

This "Fast walker" debate has been done before. The believers are convinced that it was an alien space craft on a flyby. Me and some of the other skeptics are not. I believe that it was terrestrial in origin.

As far as I recall, the Fast Walker object went into and out of the satellites earth centred field of view, not the atmosphere, it was unusual because it appeared to be passing close to the satellite, which was in geostationary orbit. I think the most likely explanation is another satellite.

Unfortunately a lot more information is required about this incident before deciding what it was, it is fairly unusual for a satellite to approach another one in this way, but the geostationary band is quite narrow, so perhaps encounters are more frequent out there. The object changed its trajectory during the period of observation, this may well have been just a geostationary satellite moving into position, making a minor course correction.

However, it is certainly possible that an Unidentified Flying Object is an alien spaceship, heck, for all we know it could be a flying fire breathing silverdragon with multi colored eyes of some sort.

What Im saying is, at this time we just dont know with 100% certainty what it was and until we do, jumping to the most extreme conclusion, is not my style.

Edited by hazzard

This "Fast walker" debate has been done before. The believers are convinced that it was an alien space craft on a flyby. Me and some of the other skeptics are not. I believe that it was terrestrial in origin.

As far as I recall, the Fast Walker object went into and out of the satellites earth centred field of view, not the atmosphere, it was unusual because it appeared to be passing close to the satellite, which was in geostationary orbit. I think the most likely explanation is another satellite.

Unfortunately a lot more information is required about this incident before deciding what it was, it is fairly unusual for a satellite to approach another one in this way, but the geostationary band is quite narrow, so perhaps encounters are more frequent out there. The object changed its trajectory during the period of observation, this may well have been just a geostationary satellite moving into position, making a minor course correction.

However, it is certainly possible that an Unidentified Flying Object is an alien spaceship, heck, for all we know it could be a flying fire breathing silverdragon with multi colored eyes of some sort.

What Im saying is, at this time we just dont know with 100% certainty what it was and until we do, jumping to the most extreme conclusion, is not my style.

Well, 22,000 miles per hour, it was heading toward Earth. What the data resolved was that it was a hot, fast, solid object that swept in from outer space. And what makes it more amazing is that it done a u turn and shot back out into space. To me, this is evidence! and it has come from the top!

Why on earth this has not been more wide spread is beyond me. But it just goes to prove how hard it is, even when a case like this does come along. But just as you say believers will not take no for an answer, the same goes for some de-bunkers too. Because as much as this is an amazing case, with evidence, that still wont change the de-bunkers ways. But to me, this is evidence, if you know anything(even a bit like me) about the laws of physics this is evidence, and unless we have such craft ourselves then the most logical explanation is alien. If you look at it logical that is, and just dont think of the word alien, because as soon as you do, you will not believe it. De-bunkers always moan about evidence. This is evidence, bet you still dont believe!

Some de-bunkers call us wacko's or nuts, but this case is real, its not fantasy as some de-bunkers claim.

name='hazzard' date='Dec 8 2006, 02:14 PM' post='1454983']

Nope, it wasn't a satellite. The trajectory pretty had much summed it up. The UFO approached the Earth at a high rate of speed before it curved back into deep space.

Once again, NORAD lost track of the UFO after it passed in front of the DSP satellite and curved back into space and surveillance sensors can detect a basketball 20,000 miles in space. Look what UFO debunker, Phil Klass, had to say about the incident.

Part of the problem, according to Klass, who has written a book on military spy satellites titled SECRET SENTRIES IN SPACE, is that the DSP system has performed better than spec. "It's too good, or too sensitive, if you prefer," he says. "In fact, it was so good that it was sent back to research and development for fine tuning, in order to eliminate as many false alarms as possible.... Klass's best guess is that the mysterious May, 1984 Fast Walker event uncovered by Stefula probably represents nothing more than a classified mission flown by our own SR-71 high-altitude Blackbird spyplane. "It's admittedly too long a duration to be a meteor fireball," he concedes, "but the Blackbird typically flies at an altitude of 80,000 to 100,000 feet, which makes its afterburner trail easily visible to the DSP system."

Mission of United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)

* Predict when and where a decaying space object will re-enter the Earth's atmosphere;

* Prevent a returning space object, which to radar looks like a missile, from triggering a false alarm in missile-attack warning sensors of the U.S. and other countries;

* Chart the present position of space objects and plot their anticipated orbital paths;

* Detect new man-made objects in space;

* Produce a running catalog of man-made space objects;

* Determine which country owns a re-entering space object;

* Inform NASA whether or not objects may interfere with the space shuttle and International Space Station orbits.

And yet, we are being led to believe that NORAD lost track of a large satellite in orbit where it has the ability to track objects many times smaller?

Edited by skyeagle409

Why on earth this has not been more wide spread is beyond me.

I have a theory, but you might not like it. :lol: Its not that "smoking gun" you believers thought it was.

22,000 miles per hour, it was heading toward Earth. What the data resolved was that it was a hot, fast, solid object that swept in from outer space. And what makes it more amazing is that it done a u turn and shot back out into space.

The speed is around that of another satellite, and so is the "hot, fast, solid object" description. I question the u-turn though. This fast walker detection has been told and re-told so many times its bound to pick up some "believers wish" to spice it all up a bit. I think it was another satellite making a course correction.

Edited by hazzard

totally agree. If these guys would look up the definition of science, logic, phenomenon and discovery they will find plenty of room for sound debatable discussion scientifically and logically in the world of science. Also look up ARGUMENT, HYPOTHESIS, THEORY which all support discussion in this UFO phenomenon. There is plenty of evidence to support a case for UNKNOWN PHENOMENON.

Dont let debunkers discourage.. to the open minded creative and innovative thinker its a subject which has just not been cracked by science yet.

I do feel like both sides are needed if argument is offered constructively from both sides.. someone professing to KNOW something is NOT going on.. well, thats just another form of delusion in my way of thinking, for how can anyone profess to KNOW whats going on here if science has not even answered any of it yet. As far a measureable evidence which science can measure, well the phenomenon itself offers that doesnt it?

Edited by landscapecontractor

There is plenty of evidence to support a case for UNKNOWN PHENOMENON.

Few skeptics are saying otherwise, but the leap from unknown to alien is as enormous as the universe it self.