Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Online ouija boards.

Fatal

Nope, but im guessing they wouldnt work. Stay away from the real ones !!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paranormalcy

• Hamlyn

• not.here

• Agent. Mulder

And do you have personal experience with real Ouija boards, OSU? I have.

What she said.

BUT, who really "knows"?

Spirits have been known to manipulate computers in the past, but altering a pre-set code seems improbable.

Kinda like you Thoz...you have told me you have left this forrum but your ghost still remains to post another day...weired ;)

What she said.

BUT, who really "knows"?

Spirits have been known to manipulate computers in the past, but altering a pre-set code seems improbable.

when? example please.

when? example please.

Simple touches of keys might be possible but I have no evidence. If a poltergeist can throw objects perhaps they could type something out. With so many computers these days it's surprising that we get no intelligent keyboard communication. Perhaps we overestimate a intelligent hauntings intelligence.

I have no examples though, no evidence of direct computer manipulation. It would make for a nice experiment....set up a word processor at a haunted location and hope for some key strokes. ;)

Edited by cpjason

I tried the one at Brainjar also, and it does seem useless. It just makes you follow the pointer around while it spells out canned responses.

Yesterday, I decided to play with the one at Witchboard.com, and I found the process to be interesting.

On that one, you have to click the letters yourself to spell out your own messages.

If I just clicked around impulsively, I got mostly gibberish.

If I started spelling out the narrative going through my head, of course I got something that resembles my own stream-of-consciousness writing. I even switched to typing out my own internal dialogue for a while, instead of "receiving" it through the online Ouija board.

If instead of clicking at random or actively trying to make sense, I put myself in a sort of passive or receptive state of mind and approached the board as if I was waiting for it to tell me what it "wanted" to spell out, both the process and the results got more interesting.

It led to my looking up some things about local and regional history that I had not known, and it wound up that the information that I had "received" (or made up, as the case may be) made some historical sense, although errors and vagaries were present.

At the least, it seems like a tool with which a person can lead his own mind in unexpected directions. I doubt I ever would have researched the episode alluded to in the session, and the persons associated with it, if I had not been prompted to do so in this fanciful way. The events, though important, are completely overshadowed by a much more famous episode that occurred around the same time. So the one I wound up researching is relatively obscure today, in most people's minds.

I can see how useful this random or serendipitous discovery of previously unknown subjects might be useful for a writer, for example. Plus it is just fun.

At the most, it means I was "receiving" information from some unseen source outside my own mind, and the "channel" over which such communication occurs is subject to "noise" or interference, and perhaps the source itself has imperfect information, resulting in errors and vagaries. It seems as if the amount of "noise" (and therefore error) would vary according to my method and mindset.

Also, interpretations of historic events that might appear to be errors according to the current view might have seemed perfectly reasonable to historical persons. We should keep that in mind when entertaining the proposition that we might be communicating with them.

I seriously doubt that I really was. It is just one hypothesis. If it is true, then my results should get more accurate as I get better at achieving the correct receptive mindset. If my accuracy gets worse or stays the same, I think it strongly indicates that free association and other pseudo-random processes are at work and nothing more.

In either case, it's interesting.

I'll blog the transcript and my subsequent research on it, if anyone is interested.

Reading.

Also I'd like to note the unlikelihood of online boards having any validity because potentially hundreds, maybe thousands of people log on to them each day - I find it hard to believe every one is in contact with a spirit, especially if you think one has to be "around" you.

WOW! That is asbolutely incredible! Valid communication or not, it's very much packed with content and meaning, as short as it is. Nothing life-changing but it sent me on a very interesting search for terminology and definitions. Thanks for posting! Remember though, you were actually automatic typing, not using the Ouija.

Remember though, you were actually automatic typing, not using the Ouija.

Yes! It is very different from using a real Ouija board.

It is very much like automatic typing or stream-of consciousness writing.

There's a slight difference, though. There is something about hunting and pecking with the fake planchette on those letters that feels different to me from writing whatever pops into my head.

I could probably do the same thing with a qwerty keyboard, now that I think of it.

Anyway, you're right that it's not much like using a board. The feeling that the planchette is moving by itself is totally absent. I am very conscious of moving and clicking on the letters. No ideomotor effect at all.

This topic definitely sparked my interest, considering I haven't even thought about Ouija in 10+ years. I did a google search for "online ouija board games" and I returned this result. These people seem to take themselves (or maybe the board itself) very seriously, what with the disclaimer and the offered "Prayer of Protection." Seems a lot like the way charlatans take their so-called messages from the other side very seriously. This is to say that the dramatics on the site are probably just to add to the show. However, I must admit that due to the fact that I AM prone to a nervous disposition, I decided to not go through with actually using the thing. So if any of you try it out, please fill me in on what it's like. I'm just weary about it because I fallen prey to those "Now look real close at the screen for the hidden image BAM SCARY BLOODY FACE SCREAMING AT YOU!!!" websites far too many times.

Remember though, you were actually automatic typing, not using the Ouija.

Took me a minute, but I realized we had misunderstood each other.

I only went to the "automatic typing" for a couple of responses. The rest of the time, I was using the Flash Ouija application. It's indicated in the transcript.

I thought you were saying that the Flash Ouija is a lot like automatic typing, which is also true. :tu:

Read your epic comment and wrote an epic reply.

Edited by Hamlyn

This topic definitely sparked my interest, considering I haven't even thought about Ouija in 10+ years. I did a google search for "online ouija board games" and I returned this result. These people seem to take themselves (or maybe the board itself) very seriously, what with the disclaimer and the offered "Prayer of Protection." Seems a lot like the way charlatans take their so-called messages from the other side very seriously. This is to say that the dramatics on the site are probably just to add to the show. However, I must admit that due to the fact that I AM prone to a nervous disposition, I decided to not go through with actually using the thing. So if any of you try it out, please fill me in on what it's like. I'm just weary about it because I fallen prey to those "Now look real close at the screen for the hidden image BAM SCARY BLOODY FACE SCREAMING AT YOU!!!" websites far too many times.

Screamers, yes. :D

Well, yesterday, I did the online Ouija thing at Witchboard, and it was cool. Later on, in the wee hours of the morning, when I was moving around the house in the dark, very sleepy, I did have that sense of things moving in the corner of my eye. I'd been messing around with "ghosts" after all, and I guess I'm suggestible. But I didn't take it seriously, and it didn't bother me, and nothing bad happened. Same deal when you read a spooky book and then walk around with the lights off. You feel spooky, no big deal.

Devil ain't come and got me yet.

I am so over the atmospherics that seem compulsory on any website or media presentation dealing with the paranormal. Woooo-oooooo, ghosts! So Victorian. :D

ok so I've been quite curious about the "online Ouija board's" also and i seen this website last night i was too scared and tonight i got the guts to try it, i turned off the sound for i wouldn't get creeped out.

this is my "conversation"

Q:Who is my spirit Guide?

A: i got no answer for this question the pointer thingy just shook

A: once again the pointer shook

Q:What is you name?

A:Clarence

Q:Are you happy?

A:No

Q:Are you sad?

Q:Are you good?

Q:Are you silly?

A:Yes

Q:Am i silly?

Q:Why are you here?

A: Pain

Q:Where are you from?

A:Cardiff

*i googled Cardiff its located in the UK.....and im all the way in Ontario Canada? a spirit from the UK talking to me? hmmm...i duno about that."

Q:Were you loved?

Q:Are you loved?

*once again i asked if he was happy*

and then the pointer went straight to GOODBYE

and that was my "online" experience with shopoflittlehorrors.com Ouija board

what do you all think? :huh:

Edited by hunnytanned

ok so i tried it again, i guess i really needed to PROVE to myself if this is really real or just generated crap *for my own SANITY*

alright so here it is i wrote everything down on notepad.

Q:how old am i?

A:74

*wrong im 19*

Q:spirit, i am 19.

A:yes

Q:how old are you?

A:74

Q:what year were you born?

A:1841

Q:what year was i born?

A:1841

*wow i never thought i was THAT old lol same year to huh?*

Q:spirit, i would like to say goodbye.

A:yes

i had to end it there because it was just beginning to get a little ridiculous

there i feel a bit better. ^_^

Glad you got your convincing evidence of most of these things being preprogrammed and not valid.

Hamlyn, I realized also that I hadn't understood what you meant about the letters, but didn't change my post because more or less my point remains - you weren't just open and blank and waiting for the mouse to move by itself, you were taking mental dictation, selecting the letters as the words and sentences occurred in your head - it is a conscious interpretation and manifestation of information, rather than the usual sitting there with your hand on the pointer until it started moving and you having no idea where it was going. Great story, like I said. =)

ok so I've been quite curious about the "online Ouija board's" also and i seen this website last night i was too scared and tonight i got the guts to try it, i turned off the sound for i wouldn't get creeped out.

this is my "conversation"

A: i got no answer for this question the pointer thingy just shook

A: once again the pointer shook

Q:What is you name?

Q:Are you sad?

Q:Are you good?

Q:Are you silly?

Q:Am i silly?

Q:Why are you here?

A: Pain

Q:Where are you from?

A:Cardiff

*i googled Cardiff its located in the UK.....and im all the way in Ontario Canada? a spirit from the UK talking to me? hmmm...i duno about that."

Q:Were you loved?

Q:Are you loved?

*once again i asked if he was happy*

and then the pointer went straight to GOODBYE

and that was my "online" experience with shopoflittlehorrors.com Ouija board

what do you all think? :huh:

i think you should do it the real way. blind folded, while your friend watches and records what the outcome is.

try that and let us know what happens. last time i used a online board, nothing happened.

i think you should do it the real way. blind folded, while your friend watches and records what the outcome is.

try that and let us know what happens. last time i used a online board, nothing happened.

lol my friends supposed to come over friday for sum drink im gona make her do it n see what happens :blink:

I tried the one at Brainjar also, and it does seem useless. It just makes you follow the pointer around while it spells out canned responses.

Yesterday, I decided to play with the one at Witchboard.com, and I found the process to be interesting.

On that one, you have to click the letters yourself to spell out your own messages.

If I just clicked around impulsively, I got mostly gibberish.

If I started spelling out the narrative going through my head, of course I got something that resembles my own stream-of-consciousness writing. I even switched to typing out my own internal dialogue for a while, instead of "receiving" it through the online Ouija board.

If instead of clicking at random or actively trying to make sense, I put myself in a sort of passive or receptive state of mind and approached the board as if I was waiting for it to tell me what it "wanted" to spell out, both the process and the results got more interesting.

It led to my looking up some things about local and regional history that I had not known, and it wound up that the information that I had "received" (or made up, as the case may be) made some historical sense, although errors and vagaries were present.

At the least, it seems like a tool with which a person can lead his own mind in unexpected directions. I doubt I ever would have researched the episode alluded to in the session, and the persons associated with it, if I had not been prompted to do so in this fanciful way. The events, though important, are completely overshadowed by a much more famous episode that occurred around the same time. So the one I wound up researching is relatively obscure today, in most people's minds.

I can see how useful this random or serendipitous discovery of previously unknown subjects might be useful for a writer, for example. Plus it is just fun.

At the most, it means I was "receiving" information from some unseen source outside my own mind, and the "channel" over which such communication occurs is subject to "noise" or interference, and perhaps the source itself has imperfect information, resulting in errors and vagaries. It seems as if the amount of "noise" (and therefore error) would vary according to my method and mindset.

Also, interpretations of historic events that might appear to be errors according to the current view might have seemed perfectly reasonable to historical persons. We should keep that in mind when entertaining the proposition that we might be communicating with them.

I seriously doubt that I really was. It is just one hypothesis. If it is true, then my results should get more accurate as I get better at achieving the correct receptive mindset. If my accuracy gets worse or stays the same, I think it strongly indicates that free association and other pseudo-random processes are at work and nothing more.

In either case, it's interesting.

I'll blog the transcript and my subsequent research on it, if anyone is interested.

im actually DOWNLOADING the shockwave player just to try this one LMAO omg....

lol my friends supposed to come over friday for sum drink im gona make her do it n see what happens :blink:

let us know how that goes.

no better time to use a ouija board than, the day after, thursday the 13th.

Be SURE you want to use it, that you're level headed and critically thinking enough not to get carried away when using the board. But I'd be interested to hear any results if you do it.