Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum upgrade status

Saru

Update

The chat room is now back on-line, turns out that the problem was due to a bug in 2.2.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• __Kratos__

• Paranoid Android

• Trinitrotoluene

That was some major changes :blink:

Better....but it is going to take some getting used to.

When I click on my profile and then on my posts...I get about 5 on the page...I don't see any way to scroll to another page or view any other posts of mine...am I missing something somewhere? :hmm:

Here's the official summary of the friends system:

Friends list - manage your friends for easier PMing, to see if your friends are currently online and display your friends on your profile

Essentially you add your friends to your friends list and it will show them in your profile. You can also view them in the 'My Friends' option in the menu at the top of the page.

When I click on my profile and then on my posts...I get about 5 on the page...I don't see any way to scroll to another page or view any other posts of mine...am I missing something somewhere?

Next to your posts click your name to bring up the profile drop down box. Click "Find Member's Posts" to view all your posts.

On your profile page, the same option is available in the 'Options' drop down box on the left hand side.

Because it disappears without reloading the page, i'd say it's probably a problem at your end. That also doesn't look like the way that I'm seeing the same page on Firefox 2.0, the lines should be dotted lines rather than solid.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

I like the "fast reply" & how you view the person. That's so cool. Probably the only thing I like. X3 Everything else is fine, but going to take time to get used to.

I have noticed that the 'views' of posts isn't working. When you click on 'view new posts'

and that page comes up, it shows how replies and views. Some topics ...like

Hello, from Bibi...have replies but zero under views.

Edited by joc

I have noticed that the 'views' of posts isn't working. When you click on 'view new posts'

and that page comes up, it shows how replies and views. Some topics ...like

Hello, from Bibi...have replies but zero under views.

This is a CPU saving feature that I enabled this morning. The number of views will be batch updated at a later time to save processor usage. The feature may be disabled again depending on how it performs.

As I said before, the forums are looking good but I don't think the page width should be 100%. I also think the UM logo ontop would be better if centered. If you need help, let me know, I am a web & graphic designer. I know I could come up with a new kick-ass banner. I won't charge anything as long as I get some kudos :D Want me to give it a shot?

Edited by Reincarnated

You are very welcome to give it a go. :tu:

I can't promise we'll use it though, it will depend on how suitable it is.

You are very welcome to give it a go, although I can't promise we'll use it. ;)
I say we should do a vote when it's done There won't be anything offensive in it and I won't be upset if you chose not to use it. :) I'll put something together and get back to you when I'm finished. Edited by Reincarnated

I say we should do a vote when it's finished.

Unfortunately something as important as the main logo header of the forum can't be put down to public vote, it will have to be an administrative decision whether or not any proposed replacement gets used or not.

On saying that though, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :tu:

The site looks really amazing. Great job! The profiles are awesome! :D

i dont have time to go through all the posts so i dont know if anyone said this yet but for me when i open the Internet and go to this site i have to log back in it doesn't remember me so every time i exit the Internet and come back on i have to sign in again whats wrong?

i dont have time to go through all the posts so i dont know if anyone said this yet but for me when i open the Internet and go to this site i have to log back in it doesn't remember me so every time i exit the Internet and come back on i have to sign in again whats wrong?
you probably have your browser set to delete it's cookies whenever you exit it.

Thanks, looking good - i'll send you a PM to discuss the forum logo in the morning. :tu:

Blog Update

The blog index is now working but the blogs themselves are still down, it's very likely however that the blogs will be fully functional again tomorrow, fingers crossed.

I was playing around with the new features and accidently added Lottie and girty to my friends list. Not that I don't love them both :wub: I just didn't know it was going to be announced publicly. :lol:

That's what I get for playing around with my in box not knowing what I'm doing. :ph34r:

That's what you get for playing around in your box! :)

I'd still be your friend though.

Site looks great SaRu! I love the new features now that I figured out how to use them.

Was somebody just talking about playing with boxes? I'm something of an expert in that area, not to toot my own horn.. :w00t:

Also tooting my own horn.. :blush:

Just Kidding. But speaking of playing, thanks for all the new features to play with..

Edited by Falco Rex

I was having a few issues in Firefox 1.5.0.8 earlier - On my profile, none of the drop down lists seemed to be working and the friends popup didn't appear. Clearing the Cache seems to have sorted things out though, which can be done via the "Clear Private Data" option, under "Tools". Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else is having similar issues.

The site upgrade is looking good, SaRu - thanks for all of your hard work. It is very much appreciated. :tu:

Just another issue to see to, and others have mentioned it, but UM seems to be running a little slower than before.

PA is right...Especially when posting. It takes much, much longer, like 10+ seconds.