Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum upgrade status

Saru

Are you on IE7?

No, like I said, I'm on Firefox with Mac OSX. Boorite, who is on IE7 with WindowsXP (and formerly IE6) has no problem with it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• __Kratos__

• Paranoid Android

• Trinitrotoluene

I was having a few issues in Firefox 1.5.0.8 earlier - On my profile, none of the drop down lists seemed to be working and the friends popup didn't appear. Clearing the Cache seems to have sorted things out though, which can be done via the "Clear Private Data" option, under "Tools". Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else is having similar issues.

The site upgrade is looking good, SaRu - thanks for all of your hard work. It is very much appreciated. :tu:

I had this problem as well, clearing the cache worked for me as well

Update

The blog is now back up and running again. :tu:

Update

The blog is now back up and running again. :tu:

Excellent news. Thank you for all the hard work.

I've just discovered that we finally have super script and subscript. Hooray, I don't have to type E=mc^2 any more, I can finally type E=MC2.

Excellent news. Thank you for all the hard work.

I've just discovered that we finally have super script and subscript. Hooray, I don't have to type E=mc^2 any more, I can finally type E=MC2.

Pretty cool, I didn't notice that. :yes:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I'm unable to access any of the pull-down menus in the forum. Not the pull down menus that direct you to different forums, but the menus like rating a thread, topic options, and the font, smiley, etc menus in the regular reply. The quick reply buttons work fine, but not regular reply. I'm using Firefox (blarg) on a Mac. No one ever really makes things compliant with Safari so I haven't bothered to check it (plus I hate it). Boorite said all those worked fine in IE6 on his PC.

Just thought I'd let you know. It's not like I use those buttons that much to begin with, but I was hoping to rate a few threads sometime.

Hi from another Mac OS X user. :)

I hate Safari too and have, since a year ago, had some type of probs with it, mainly freezing and crashing. I am on the 10.4.8 version of Mac and cannot use any of the functions on this board on Safari since the update. Have the same prob with Safari and a recent upgrade on another board. I am going to take a look at a support site and see if there is anything I can do.

So I am using Firefox. I had similar probs as yourself to begin with but everything is working fine now. Have you got javascript enabled? Also try emptying cache and cookies just to make sure. That's what I did.

Let me know if that works, if not there are a few support sites around that I can send you links too. :tu:

Edited by Lottie

I don't why I bothered reading most of this thread, I don't understand what anyone is saying... non the less it goes without saying, Great job big guy.

Nobody bothered to answer my question regarding the problem of embedded images. They're not even showing as thumbnails now, and they're misplaced. What's up with this? Are we just SOL regarding these>?

Edited by Scare_crow

Nobody bothered to answer my question regarding the problem of embedded images. They're not even showing as thumbnails now, and they're misplaced. What's up with this?

Can you link me to an example of this problem in a post ?

2 Al + 1.5 O2 -> Al2O3

Oh Joy!!!

is that aluminnium oxide? also yay *claps excitedly*

Funky lookin' site! Nice stuff.

What's the "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" link for in "My Controls", is that not applicable to UM at this moment?

That's an unused feature, it doesn't apply to this forum.

I'm just wondering, is there a way to turn of the signature viewing in the blog comments? For me, it distorts the page so I cannot read comments because they're cut off. In order for me to see them, I have to turn on the "Fit to Width" option on Opera. I'm not sure if it's a widespread problem like for IE, Firefox or any others. Just am asking.

Other then that, the new toys are wicked. Thanks for your hard work, Saruman. :tu:

I'm just wondering, is there a way to turn of the signature viewing in the blog comments? For me, it distorts the page so I cannot read comments because they're cut off.

That's something I'd forgotten to do, on previous blog versions i've always disabled that because having the signatures in every comment takes up far too much space in blogs. That's them turned off now. :tu:

^^ Thanks, I like it better w/o siggies in blogs.

Also, when are we getting the spell check back and where will it be? I can't find hide nor hair of it anywhere.

Also, when are we getting the spell check back and where will it be? I can't find hide nor hair of it anywhere.

Wot do yuo ned spel chek forr? I kan get bi verry wel wiv owt itt.

I've just seen in another thread that you use Firefox. If you are using Firefox 2 then there is a spell checker you can down load for that.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

That's something I'd forgotten to do, on previous blog versions i've always disabled that because having the signatures in every comment takes up far too much space in blogs. That's them turned off now. :tu:

Ahh, well thank you then. :)

Wot do yuo ned spel chek forr? I kan get bi verry wel wiv owt itt.

I've just seen in another thread that you use Firefox. If you are using Firefox 2 then there is a spell checker you can down load for that.

Google is an excellent spell checker as well. Just type in the word the best you can and click the search. It's auto checking all the words so you're bound to get the right spelling. :) It's great for hiding my Achilles' heel for spelling. :ph34r:

Edited by __Kratos__

Good to see the Santa suit out again Saru :tu:

Oi Kratos, where's yours? Don't go all humbug on me again! :lol:

Edit: Found it for you!

linked-image

Edited by thebarman

Good to see the Santa suit out again Saru :tu:

Oi Kratos, where's yours? Don't go all humbug on me again! :lol:

Edit: Found it for you!

linked-image

:lol: I thought I lost that when my HD crashed. I'll put it up now. Thank you, Bardude. :tu:

Edited by __Kratos__

when are we getting the spell check back and where will it be? I can't find hide nor hair of it anywhere.

It's on my list of things to do, it will probably be in the same place as the old one used to be.

Good to see the Santa suit out again Saru

Hehe, how could I resist taking out the Saru Santa suit at Christmas. :lol:

LOL it's incredibly odd seing the white wizard in a Santa suit! It's the sleigh in the background that cracks me up the most though lol

It's on my list of things to do, it will probably be in the same place as the old one used to be.

Wonderful! Thanks so much!

And you look mah ve lous!

edited to add--why does the rolleyes smiley have a grin on it's face now? I liked it better when it looked mad.

Edited by coldethyl

Is it something wrong with my browser, but I can't see Saruman's red suit? His avatar looks same as always to me