Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Saru

Forum upgrade status

109 posts in this topic

Reincarnated

I'm digging the upgrade, thanks UM team!

Michelle

I was playing around with the new features and accidently added Lottie and girty to my friends list. Not that I don't love them both :wub: I just didn't know it was going to be announced publicly. :lol:

That's what I get for playing around with my in box not knowing what I'm doing. :ph34r:

Abecrombie

I think its better

Abecrombie :tu:

Paranoid Android

Thanks Saru. Good work, my eyes are still adjusting to the size of the screen, now. And is it just me, or has the Quick Edit button been disabled. Are we getting that back anytime soon?

Michelle

I think it's just you, PA...I used Quick Edit earlier and it was where it always was.

Paranoid Android

And now it's working for me also. I guess it was just a glitch in my server at the time :hmm:

OH well, thanks anyway, Saru :tu:

edit: question solved, don't worry

Edited by Paranoid Android

ivytheplant

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I'm unable to access any of the pull-down menus in the forum. Not the pull down menus that direct you to different forums, but the menus like rating a thread, topic options, and the font, smiley, etc menus in the regular reply. The quick reply buttons work fine, but not regular reply. I'm using Firefox (blarg) on a Mac. No one ever really makes things compliant with Safari so I haven't bothered to check it (plus I hate it). Boorite said all those worked fine in IE6 on his PC.

Just thought I'd let you know. It's not like I use those buttons that much to begin with, but I was hoping to rate a few threads sometime.

ex infernis

it's probaley because you have Javascript disabled.

Scare_Crow

Has anyone mentioned that the thumbnails aren't working properly? They are misplaced now, for one, and for two, I can't get them to embed in the post where I want them to. :unsure:

snuffypuffer

It's so very wide now! :o

ex infernis

The spolier and acronym features are cool

Shakezulah

The new layout and functions of certain features will take some getting used to, but it still does look slick. Nice job.

Raptor
Where :blink:

What does the friend list allow you to do?

If you go to someones profile it lets you rate them.

Time to start bribing people. :ph34r:

ivytheplant
it's probaley because you have Javascript disabled.

Um, no cause then I wouldn't have been able to do anything I did in the last week.

And yes, it IS the latest version and yes, I DO have the latest security upgrades, and yes, I HAVE restarted, rebooted, re-logged in, and everything else. If it was that simple, I wouldn't have brought it to attention.

nativechick1989

Wow .. :w00t: .. This place just keeps getting better and better!!

Had a look-see around the site, everything looks good .. haven't had any problems. Good work SaRu .. :tu: .. Keep it up, the place is awesome!

B)

__Kratos__

I just got this error:

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

--

That's all it showed on the page. It happened at 4:19 am, Centeral time zone.

Raptor
I just got this error:

IPS Driver Error

--

I only had that error while the site was offline, it appeared when I went to the "/index.php?" page. When I went to the forum main address I saw the official message.

If you got the message after the site was back up, it might be something to do with your browser cache. If that was the problem it could be fixed by deleting your Temporary Internet Files in the options, although I'm guessing you've fixed the problem already...

__Kratos__
I only had that error while the site was offline, it appeared when I went to the "/index.php?" page. When I went to the forum main address I saw the official message.

If you got the message after the site was back up, it might be something to do with your browser cache. If that was the problem it could be fixed by deleting your Temporary Internet Files in the options, although I'm guessing you've fixed the problem already...

Nah, this just happened about 15 minutes ago and I've cleared my cache twice tonight already because of some problems I had earlier, so it's not my cache. I only saw it when I clicked then I just went to the main forum and clicked again, went through fine but I figured if it was an error better be safe then sorry since it's just been updated.

Trinitrotoluene
Um, no cause then I wouldn't have been able to do anything I did in the last week.

And yes, it IS the latest version and yes, I DO have the latest security upgrades, and yes, I HAVE restarted, rebooted, re-logged in, and everything else. If it was that simple, I wouldn't have brought it to attention.

Are you on IE7?

Saru
I just got this error:

IPS Driver Error

--

I just restarted the SQL server, you probably tried to view the page while it was restarting.

Saru

Update

Still no ETA on when either the blog or chat room will be on-line, both of the main Invision Board support sites are currently down, so I can't look up any support to try and get them to work.

I'm still working on it though, i'll try to get them back up as soon as possible.

Lottie

Big S :D,

You are doing an amazing job! The forum looks fabulous and sparkly. Thankies for your effort and time. :wub:

Here is a nice cup of tea and some biccy's:

linked-image

( The only clean cup I could find in here! Subby still hasn't done the washing up!)

Paranoid Android

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but it seems the icon showing us whether a user is online or offline is no longer available for posts. Unless it's just been moved and I'm missing seeing it.

indeed

Next to your Screen name buddy. If the icon of the person is lit they are online and if its dark they are not :tu:

Keep up the good work SaRuMaN :tu:

Paranoid Android

Ah yes, thanks mate :tu::blush: