Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jacques Cousteau

cherrypine

I was wondering what the diver Jacques Costeau saw or heard in the water in the Bermuda Triangle supposedly? He also did similar diving in Michigan Lakes I believe but not sure about that. Whatever it was was not really revealed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Onyx~

• snuffypuffer

• frogfish

• cherrypine

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering what the diver Jacques Costeau saw or heard in the water in the Bermuda Triangle supposedly? He also did similar diving in Michigan Lakes I believe but not sure about that. Whatever it was was not really revealed.

sorry im a bit out of date...but when did this geezer go into the bermuda triangle? did anything weird happen to him? im really interested in the mysteries surrounding the bermuda triangle and if any one has any more information i would be glad to look at it!

What are you talkin' bout? Give a bit of info, maybe some links, we aren't all knowledged in the ways of cryptids.

i wasn't aware that Jacques Cousteau ever dived in the Bermuda Triangle or Lake Michigan. i know that cousteau was a wildlife diver mainly, is there any interesting wildlife in Lake Michigan? i don't know much about it

i wasn't aware that Jacques Cousteau ever dived in the Bermuda Triangle or Lake Michigan. i know that cousteau was a wildlife diver mainly, is there any interesting wildlife in Lake Michigan? i don't know much about it

No, but there's supposed to me a monster in it.

And he never dove in the triangle, I have a book on him.

I remember I used to watch the show he used to have, but I never remember anything about hearing any strange "noises" or any other reports made in relation to Cousteau, sorry.

the story goes, that on one of his diving trips he encountered something really strange.

Somethign so strange that people said he said: humanity is not ready for this!!! or something like that

: but that might me an urban legand!!!

the story goes, that on one of his diving trips he encountered something really strange.

Somethign so strange that people said he said: humanity is not ready for this!!! or something like that

Merde

I find the whole "Humanity is not ready for this" thing to be a convenient cop-out. People toss it around all the time, like the Popes prophecies, UFO cover-ups, even Kennedy assassination conspiracy buffs. It's just too convenient. Besides, who the hell is Jaques Cousteu to decide what humanity is and isn't ready for? Silly.

There's nothing in Lake Michigan.....

Ok, so I'm lieing. There's water and fish :)

This same thing about Cousteau was on an earlier Crypto thread, but I don't think anybody then knew what it was either.

Jacques Cousteau was my childhood hero. Though I'm certain he discovered many new species of marine life, I don't have a listing of them. And I'm unaware of any Bermuda Triangle or Lake Michigan trips.

The Antarctic, the Amazon, the Nile, the Adriatic, the Aegean....oh, yeah. He circled the globe. I don't know what he'd be doing in Michigan. :blink:

Edited by BigDaddy_GFS

:blink: This is what i found...

TAHOE TESSIE

Lake Tahoe is a 22-mile long, freshwater body wedged between the California-Nevada border. With a width of 12-miles, and an astounding depth of 1,645-feet, Lake Tahoe would seem to be a perfect environment in which to conceal a large, aquatic animal. So, naturally, there have been numerous reports a colossal creature lurking beneath the surface of the lake... a creature which the locals have dubbed "Tessie".

The animal in question has been described by eyewitnesses as being over 60-feet long, with an undulating, serpentine body, dark skin, and reptilian features. While most witnesses maintain that this description is accurate, there have been other accounts which have likened the beast to a fish, claiming that Tessie resembled a gigantic sturgeon.

Legends of this creature first began to surface in the mid-1800's, when members of the Washoe and Paiute Indian tribes began to tell the white settlers about the "monster" dwelling in the depths of the Tahoe basin. As fascinating as those original testimonies may be, the most intriguing account surrounding this mystery-beast did not occur until the mid-1970's, when the renowned, French oceanographer, Jacques Cousteau, lead an expedition to explore the depths of lake Tahoe. While submerged Cousteau reportedly encountered something so terrifying that he refused to reveal what it was to the public. Sources credit Cousteau as saying, quote:

"The world wasn't ready for what was down there!"

To make matters worse, Cousteau never released any of his data - nor a single foot of film - regarding what may be the most incredible freshwater event ever encountered by a known expert on marine biology. There have also been reports of an amateur video, which is said to reveal the creature swimming in the lake, but as of yet these accounts have not been verified

The famous oceanologist has made a strange experiment in 1986. Not far from

Djibouti, near the El-Kharab detroit, in the Koubé area, Cousteau and his crew

immerged a shark cage containing the body of a camel. When they haul it, the

cage was totally crushed. According to unverified rumours, Cousteau has made a

film of the creature but it was of bad quality and humanity was not ready to

assimilate the discovery

SOURCE

So.....did this "event" that Cousteau couldn't possibly reveal to the rest of humanity(beacuse his supreme saltiness proclaimed that we wern't "ready") occur in Lake Tahoe or near Djibouti? And why is my Crap-o-Meter going into overdrive?

Probably for the same reason mine is. Only so much baloney my arteries can take.

So what does this all have to with Michigan?

Not sure it has ANYTHING to do with "The Maze 'n Blue"....the whole thing reeks of Urban Legend meets tourist crap-trap, monsieur.

I may have been mistaken about his diving in Lake Michigan but Lake Michigan does have its mysteries as well as the other Great Lakes. There are a couple of the Great lakes where abnomalities seem to occur such as missing planes, people and boats. There was a famous boat missing a couple years ago on Lake Michigan. It was called the Linda E. They did find it I believe. I'm not sure if they found the people though. Jacques Cousteau did dive into the Bermuda Triangle and went down supposedly with cameras and microphones. At one point in the Triangle the depth is incredibly deep. I have read divers when they are diving can only go down so far in dephs because of something called compression. That is they would be squeezed and compressed because of the intense pressure at these dephs. I don't know if they have equipment or submersibles that could protect them from this at real deep depths. Cousteau is supposed to have reached very deep dephs in this dive and saw or heard something that was very strange. :huh:[Emoticons]

What you refer to as compression is called "The bends".

In his time....Cousteau went as deep as he could.....now we can go much deeper with submersibles.

I would think if Jacques Cousteau saw something really giganticus and like nothing ever seen before he would think it awsome rather than put it in an x-file. Kind of like if you saw Nessie or Tessie the lake monsters. You know, you probably go wow but your probably not in complete shock. :huh:[Emoticons]

He was the most renowned oceanographer of his time.

Had he seen anything remotely new or interesting he certainly would have informed the world.

Period

There are a couple of the Great lakes where abnomalities seem to occur such as missing planes, people and boats. There was a famous boat missing a couple years ago on Lake Michigan

It's called a storm. There are shipwrecks all over the Great lakes. I have seen many of them myself.