Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How's about Werewolves?

xgaryedgex

My friend is a police officer in Covington Ky across the river from Cincinnati Oh. a few years ago there was a 14 year old girl that was missing and they couldnt find her anywhere. after a two week search they found her body in an abandond house she was found with her leg missing. the official ruling was it was cut off by a train and she was dragged there. My police officer friend says they never found the missing limb and that it was biten off with one bite. he showed me the pic from the crime scene after the case was closed. You could clearly see that it was bitten off. there was also a pic of a footprint outside the building it didnt look like aything i had ever seen. about a month after that in a small wooded area about 9 miles from there a farmer had found one of his cows dead up in a tree, no rope, nothing there to explain how it was up there. its neck was biten out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• Bright Eyes

• thefirstman

• Kryso

Hey,

I do believe in Werewolves...here in our country, we do have oue own version.

There are some people who will doubt your stories...but there are things that are beyond myths, and legends.

There are some people who will doubt your stories...but there are things that are beyond myths, and legends.

I don't know if any of that was aimed at me. tongue.gif

In anycase I am going to add, I am not saying I don't believe in Werewolves, but I just fail to see where they fit in to this.

Okay a leg has been ripped off, but there are more animals that have this ability than just werewloves.

Perhaps some more information as to why you think a werewolf caused this, would be good.

By the way, great avatar xgaryedgex. thumbsup.gif

Well, i think there is actualy a disease that is somewhat related to licantrophy and it might be the cause for the werewolf myth. I dont mean i disease were people turn into wolfs in the fool moon, no, but a disease that makes people to grow large hair in all of their body and large canine teeth. I shall try to find something about this and i shall post it therefore

Well, i think there is actualy a disease that is somewhat related to licantrophy and it might be the cause for the werewolf myth. I dont mean i disease were people turn into wolfs in the fool moon, no, but a disease that makes people to grow large hair in all of their body and large canine teeth. I shall try to find something about this and i shall post it therefore

ya there is a pare of brothers that have this u should find them if u serch for the two wolf brothers. oh and the werewolf thing well my grand father said he saw one whene he had a farm in IL he clamed it wasnt a werewolf it was a demon sent by the devel to posses him.

I’m sorry... I must have read the thread title wrong, I’m sure it said werewolves? blink.gif

lol...I think the point he's trying to make is that, while the title reads werewolves, the story told shows absolutely no link to them whatsoever, beyond an assumption wacko.gif

there was also a pic of a footprint outside the building it didnt look like aything i had ever seen

Tell me...are you a park ranger, zoologist, or otherwise an expert in animal life and their tracks to the extent that 'unlike anything I had ever seen' eliminates all rational suspects for the rather grizzly removal of this girl's leg, leaving a werewolf your best shot at being correct?

You could clearly see it had been bitten off

And you and your police officer friend...because god knows, we all know the kind of degrees you need to be a patrol cop rolleyes.gif also experts in determining the cause of a wound? I think you'll find that a train cleaving off a limb does not leave the cleanest of slices...how, exactly, you can come to the conclusion that the limb was bitten off by merely looking at a picture of it I don't know...last I heard, people looked for salivia, amalyse, and other such things in order to determine if a wound was inflicted by a bite.

Perhaps if your story provided some solid evidence, I would be more convinced to give it a "hmm..." but at the moment it's just a girl with a missing leg, and animal tracks outside.

I also find it hard to believe that any wild animal would kill a person, and eat only a leg...or, more to the point, drag a cow up a tree only to leave it there; in order to stay alive, whatever energy an animal recieves from its food must be higher than that it expends to eat. Dragging a cow up a tree for no apparant reason is not an efficient way of keeping energy.

Seraphina makes good points. Unless you or your friend are qualifed to make these assumptions how can you be sure that the limb was taken off by a large predator or that the footprint wasnt made by something else.

Now that must have been one hell of a neat bear....it even took his pants down before it ate his leg rolleyes.gif Yeah...

Seraphina covered what I meant, sorry to have been a little vague, lol. But because the story was all assumption, and… well , vague, I though I would be as well, lol. huh.gifdontgetit.gif

Oh, and moe eubleck that photo was gross... (I would suggest people with a weak stomach - or eating - not to look!)

But I do feel sorry for the chap (and from the picture you can defiantly tell its a man, think it's because of the socks!) But it looked like he had pulled his trousers down and was about to take a dump, when a bear - or whatever - decided to chew on his leg like a spicy chicken-wing! I can just imaging his friends in the distance hearing his screams, and thinking he must have had a really bad curry the night before! I wonder how long it took, before they wandered over to see if he was ok? blink.gif

LOL. Exactly. It MUST have been a werewolf ! tongue.gif

lol, yes, I'm well aware wink2.gif

I was actually having dinner when I saw that pic for the first time earlier tonight...just as I was chewing away happily on a nice bit of chicken too.

Oh me, oh my rolleyes.gif

I’m now emotionally scarred. I can’t look at a chicken wing in the same light ever again… <Sniff > crying.gif I do miss my spicy buffalo wings, (why do they call them buffalo wings?)

Maybe they were named by a very near sighted and confused farmer?

Just saw the pic and makes me wonder,since it already went for the legs,why not go a lil to the top for something 'soft' as a dessert? tongue.gif

(For Heaven's sake,close that 'thing' up before grabbing the picture!! laugh.gif )

I'm still wondering why whatever ate him very neatly pulled his pants down to his ankles to do it huh.gif

But I do feel sorry for the chap (and from the picture you can defiantly tell its a man, think it's because of the socks!)

I DO hope you're kidding...

You mean, the male genetalia wasn't a dead give-away??? laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i think werewolves may be true and that they may exist,im doubtful though.maybe some transmogrify gone bad?i dunno,gimme your views please thumbsup.gif

I'm afraid to say that werewolves are one of those things I just don't believe in.

I suspect they're a mixture of myth and sightings of other creatures, such as wolves or bears.

It's even possible that the black dog phenomena may have added to the legends.

yea, i dont believe they exist... sure there are hair covered people, but they are like that all the time... i would guess that is where the legend began